Japanese Jazz Appreciation

Does anyone have Japaneses jazz albums they would like to shout out?

Attached: 268x0w.jpg (268x268, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jm-plzPm4ug
youtube.com/watch?v=e_teOmmKnaM
youtube.com/watch?v=DTzJmE_83uk
youtube.com/watch?v=gOJyHg4NI_M
youtube.com/watch?v=y_uqr5m300c
youtube.com/watch?v=e1FCKaep2R0
youtu.be/SDX66uIZQoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf I love jazz now

you posted the only good one, dude

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 10.54.10 AM.png (405x342, 296K)

why does it have to be japanese? why not chinese, or korean, or mongolian?

>dude it's music but it's produced in JAPAN!

Attached: 1553229561640.png (609x340, 176K)

Why do people care about Ryo Fukui being Japanese? This album just sounds like a mediocre jazz piano trio.

Anime!

I hate music being accessible to everyone.

Attached: R-7570300-1447675211-9757.jpeg.jpg (600x594, 98K)

I love unanimous adoration of music on account of its success.

I cannot appreciate music if it is popular.

keep munching googles cock

I hate youtube algorithms that makes things inorganically accessible

Also
>accessible
It's a little more than that, accessible implies it being simply uploaded to youtube and freely available not forced down people's throats like corporate evil MTV

>I just googled Mongolian jazz and found this right away
youtube.com/watch?v=jm-plzPm4ug
It's exactly what I expected it to be and I still really dig it.
youtube.com/watch?v=e_teOmmKnaM

Satoko Fujii is supergood.

youtube.com/watch?v=DTzJmE_83uk

There's also this thing with Pharoah Sanders as a guest

youtube.com/watch?v=gOJyHg4NI_M

I also love this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=y_uqr5m300c

Hiromi is incredible on the piano too
youtube.com/watch?v=e1FCKaep2R0

its not about that you dumb normie
first of all, you are a faggot for caring about le azn man muzik :_) you get extra points for listening to crappy jazz for people who listen to vaporwave and are aged 17

>i'm so contrarian I don't even listen to obscure music, I know right?!? 8-|==============)

I genuinely don't understand the hiatus towards this album. It's not that bad, it's actually fairly good. Feels like everyone is mad because it got really popular on YouTube for some reason

If it's not about being a faggot contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian then what is it about?

>I hate music regardless of the quality and only enjoy it for how obscure it is.

>tfw your seriously post recommendations here and everybody else is just shitposting

Attached: 4cf4060b-da6a-41a6-8d72-c45608a4e7a0[1].png (598x480, 79K)

>doesn’t know the definition of ‘hiatus’
>thinks Scenery is ‘good’
Why am I not surprised?

youtu.be/SDX66uIZQoo

I've still never seen anybody give a single reason why Scenery is better than any random trio album I could name by Bill Evans, Ahmad Jamal, or McCoy Tyner.

Attached: 1543278776387.png (786x667, 269K)

I meant hatred, whatever you scumbag elaborate on your so-called premium opinion on this album which justifies it being called "bad music"

I hate it when people have inflated opinions of certain music because it's from a foreign country
Even though if it was released by a westerner they would definitely think it mediocre or worse

Nobody called it bad music. Stop overreacting. Everybody who’s listened to more than 20 jazz albums agrees that it’s mediocre at best. Calm the fuck down son.

That's because it isn't. I think Scenery is mainly just loads of fun. All musicians just sound like they're having an absolute blast.

That's not what hiatus means.

No bullying his brain was on a hiatus

City pop and 80s japan jazz are literally kenny g tier easy listening muzak but since it's Japanese weebs love it

I disagree. It sounds like intermediate jazz players who are just trying to keep the form mostly. Listen to some early records by The Three Sounds or Jimmy Smith if you want to hear simple music but played with confidence and by a group that’s having a blast playing together.

>doesn't listen to much jazz
>finds scenery because youtube algorithm
>muhjapanesemusic.jpg
>obviously it must be good because it's japanese and therefore obscure and cool

The only reason people think it's so good is because it's japanese and because youtube helped them find it. It's decent, but I can't stand all the circlejerking over japanese music just because it's perceived as cool even though there is much better music from american and european artists. When people go out of their way specifically to ask others for japanese jazz it's so painful because all they care about is that it's "obscure" and don't give a shit if it's actually good.

Now go listen to Ahmad Jamal

based

>reeee stop listening to japanese music that's for weebs
The weeb meme was a big, big mistake.

then you should blame the artist, not youtube. Coltrane's Ascension could be spammed in everyone's suggestion list, it wouldn't make it accessible (which is probably why Scenery gets spammed in the first place).

while I agree with you, there are plenty of people prejudiced when it's from other countries, specially ones from countries outside north america and europe.
In music this is less the case, but with, say, literature, this strongly happens, while in Yea Forums it is the opposite, you are more patrician when the majority of 'films' you like are obscure ones from countries far from the mainstream cinema taste

>all this clamoring for otherwise non-noteworthy jazz because it happens to be Japanese
>weebs are somehow a meme

Attached: 1509841939554.jpg (900x885, 283K)

Weebs are a meme. They are in reality practically non-existent.

>Ahmad Jamal
Based as fuck

Hiroshi Suzuki - cat. It’s pretty good