Why is this considered a 10 ?

Why is this considered a 10 ?

Attached: My_Bloody_Valentine_-_Loveless.png (220x220, 64K)

Because its like resting your soul in a warm bath of pure healing water whilst heavens most beautiful angel sings you a soothing lullaby. You have to fully surrender yourself to the avalanche of sound and slip the net of the conditioned mind.

>a 10
>not a 5

To Here Knows When alone makes it a 10.

I consider it shoegaze

No album manipulated guitars and sampling like this and creates an beautiful otherworldly experience where all songs sound like their inhabit the same universe.

It's not so much a 10 as it is dictionary definition shoegaze. It, along with a handful of other albums by other bands, is at the core of developing a reference point for understanding what shoegaze is.

(tl;dr)

7/10

This.

M B V is better though

It's kind of a meme album. It's a low hanging fruit solution centered around their ((( sound ))). It got a couple of well written songs. I don't care much for one-dimensional ratings, but let's say I rarely relisten to this album.

>dude wall of sound!

Attached: 1557105423714.png (221x228, 8K)

That isn't to say it isn't innovative, it certainly is, but it's just one of those things that gets exhausted easily.

Come in Alone and Soon push this shit to 10+

what the fuck ? the best one is clearly When you sleep or Someone

It’s sometimes and duh fool.... those were already givens....no need to even mention it

The 10 point rating scale refers to the quality of the piece. When people grade something a 10, it means that they consider it a perfect album. Does that explain things?

Attached: cZxGAVC.jpg (720x960, 126K)

based when you sleep and sometimes poster

There's minimal utitily in this post as it merely posits "perfect album" as a synonym for "10/10 album". I think OPs asking for more elaborate explanations for why people think it is a perfect album or not. This would implicitly shed light on what criteria they use for rating, expanding from a one-dimensional rating to a mulitdimensional one.

>yfw you realize the cover is guitar

Nice bait.

>mfw I always got this band confused with My Chemical Romance and Bullets for My Valentine
>mfw I always thought this was trash

Because Yea Forums is fucking retarded

>Loveless
>dictionary definition shoegaze
LOL back in the days it was just another "noisy pop" album.
This "shoegaze" thing was all about Ride.

so abrasive

Baste

What's the best shoegaze band?

Medicine

yeah the name makes them sound like a generic 2000's emo band

This but unironically

This but ironically, but only because I don't really care because my head is busy spacing out to vacuum cleaner noises.