Album Roulette Thread

Rolling time!

Attached: 1558075270267.png (3803x4800, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzL9xn2fjDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wdVRaDJth4s
youtube.com/watch?v=kPRA0W1kECg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

fine then, since i have nothing better to fuckin do rn.

what a dumb fucking roulette. I'd listen to that roll if I could find somewhere I could actually fuckin stream it.

like two thirds of the albums on that chart are on spotify, dummie

Imagine the poor fucker who gets the Madonna album

that madonna album is great you pleb

huh

roll

ROlling

roll

Don't give me some boring pretentious 20th century composer please.

>nigger music
Fuck off, no thanks.

Ok Got 817 so that's......holy shit is this writing small.

Ricardo villalobos 808 the bassqueen.
youtube.com/watch?v=qzL9xn2fjDQ

>Zero guitar
>Stupid techno beats
>Lyrics are faded and hard to hear.
>Holy fuck this shit's been going on for 4 mins now while pretty much doing the same thing.
>Hearing some weird words like "beyblade" and "aids" I assume he means bass, but that's what Im hearing.
>7:30 mark and still nothing of value.
>What song lasts for 9 fucking minutes?! AND barely changes anything.?!

I give it a gay dance club/10. Belongs on a normie's spotify account and FAR AWAY from my ears.

i`ll bite

Roll

Whatever. Hope and pray it's not trashrap

improved version!

Attached: 1558170416936.png (1906x4402, 1.29M)

Blobglobsplobertsnobgob

>What song lasts for 9 fucking minutes?! AND barely changes anything.?!
Man, you have no idea, but give it another listen sometime to allow it to click, and then you will understand. You could also try with Basic Channel instead, as they are a popular choice who do a similar thing.

Thanks now I don't have to listen to mf sinawi music of Korea 1992

>improved version
>styx, snail mail, the offspring, katy perry, the xx
>no classical
>almost no jazz
no
literally kill yourself, your chart is utter shit

rolling in the deep

Attached: 1558087353446.gif (500x800, 1.86M)

role

Attached: Rollin.gif (240x138, 494K)

>cherrypicking 5 albums out of 1000
>"chart is shit lol"
It's not my chart and not perfect but infinitely better than OP's because the albums are chosen for quality rather than arbitrary genre history bullshit.

roll

Attached: 1558200248220.jpg (240x237, 15K)

>no classical
>almost no jazz
>the albums are chosen for quality
top kek lmao
regardless of how the albums were decided for the chart above, it's still miles ahead in terms of quality compared to this shit now go kill yourself

rolling

damn, this chart really does suck

rolo polo holo nolo

>no classical
Classical music is not exactly an album format so I understand why it's neglected.
>almost no jazz
There could be more jazz I agree.
Again the same cherry picks, if thats all you got it's a pretty good rate out of 1000 albums. The xx is not a great band btw but that album is at least decent.

Now check the other chart you dunce where you got a lot of boring shit literally no one cares about, nightcore, non music garbage and other novelties that are only there because they are supposed to represent a genre, not because they are worth listening to.

Attached: 1551550382425.png (407x802, 757K)

>so I understand why it's neglected
Because the person who made that chart doesn't know shit about classical music, that's why. There are still a lot of classical albums, and classical works lend themselves easily to the album format.

> if thats all you got it's a pretty good rate out of 1000 albums
The one thousand albums in general are almost exclusively entry-level rockist garbage, so yeah.

>that album is at least decent
"decent" is another word for "not worth your time". It's shit.

>a lot of boring shit literally no one cares about, nightcore, non music garbage
Those are all great recordings. Maybe if you listened to them you would know.

>and other novelties that are only there because they are supposed to represent a genre, not because they are worth listening to
They are there because they represent a genre and because they are worth listening to, you rockist piece of shit.

Now stick your head out of your ass and eat a bullet you stupid fuck.

>nightcore

Attached: Descarted.png (800x800, 879K)

rilll

>judges a recording of music without even listening to it
imagine being this retarded
also, that one nightcore recording is post-nightcore, which is closer to plunderphonics than actual nightcore (again, you would have known this if you weren't an ignorant moron).
Your chart is shit. Now deal with it.

Gimme gimme

I'm not the poster of the chart, nor the guy who originally insulted your chart. I'm just memeing about nightcore for the sake of it. Sorry everyone is insulting something you put so much work into

I love how genuinely offended you are lmao. Your chart is still ass though because of the genre restriction. You see for example all the great Krautrock albums get exactly as much space in the chart as some dumb internet novelty album gets - thats just fucking dumb man. No, most of them aren't actually worth listening to unless you're trying to become some kind of autistic genre historian. I actually rolled a few times and it was generally uninteresting music.

rollin

Attached: muskie.jpg (288x381, 34K)

bzzzzzzz

no worries user

>Your chart is still ass though because of the genre restriction
How come? The genre "restriction" has only allowed a greater diversity than any previous "essentials" chart.

>You see for example all the great Krautrock albums get exactly as much space in the chart as some dumb internet novelty album gets - thats just fucking dumb man.
It's not a novelty album, so this argument can be dismissed. Also, rock albums get a fixed space of a hundred recordings, so with or without this "novelty album", the amount of krautrock albums would be the same.

>most of them aren't actually worth listening to unless you're trying to become some kind of autistic genre historian
I have listened to those, and those are great albums. The fact that you are too close minded to appreciate them (let alone listening to them, because its clear you haven't) only talks about how stupid you are.

>I actually rolled a few times and it was generally uninteresting music.
What exactly did you roll that left you so unsatisfied?

Look, if there is anything about the chart you don't like, just tell me, but if you are going to bash on it over it not suiting your own personal taste, I will simply call you a moron, because an essentials chart is more than just your own favorites, and is meant to represent the entire diversity of music humanity has achieved.

Rollin, sick of listening to the same shit.

les go

roLLIN

roll

rerolling -_-

What have we here?

rollin

roll

Alright let's see

Sure

roll

Can you stop being so autistic anytime soon? Like why would you bother writing all these paragraphs with non arguments if you haven't even gotten my point to begin with?

To repeat myself: I think your chart is bad because quality is almost a non factor in it. You having the same space for Krautrock as you have for an album that literally doesn't even exist or a smaller genre that only has a handful of recordings means you are setting them equal which is wrong because there are obviously a lot more good Krautrock albums as there are for example vaporwave albums. You have this autistic genre approach as if all genres were to be treated equally which I fundamentally disagree with. If you care about music and not the history of music you clearly prefer the other chart for obvious reasons.

Attached: 1549039964171.png (446x100, 4K)

rollin rollin

>I think your chart is bad because quality is almost a non factor in it
But it is. I already told you this many times.

>there are obviously a lot more good Krautrock albums as there are for example vaporwave albums
By that logic 90% of the chart would be pop, so I don't think that's relevant. Even then, vaporwave and krautrock are not trasnferable for the purposes of this chart. There is a fixed amount of rock albums at one hundred, and for experimental its fixed at fifty. Because of this removing vaporwave or can NOT affect krautrock. Do you understand what I'm saying here? If you do, then what exactly are you complaining about?

>You have this autistic genre approach as if all genres were to be treated equally which I fundamentally disagree with.
Alright, let's make 90% of the chart classical music then. Would that make you happier?

>If you care about music and not the history of music you clearly prefer the other chart for obvious reasons.
I think the other chart sucks for reasons unrelated to the one from the OP. For starters, like 95% of it is rock, and also entry-level. It only serves to further stagnate Yea Forums's collective taste into entry-level rock instead of promoting more adventuress.

In short:
>quality IS considered (there are many candidates for each genre, out of which the best is chosen)
>you can't take from vaporwave to add to krautrock, and this doesn't imply one genre is better than another
>the other chart is shit because its mostly stuff most people on Yea Forums are already aware of which stifles musical discovery

roo,sls

roll

Roll..

Re-roll

Re-roll re-roll

hit me

>There is a fixed amount of rock albums at one hundred, and for experimental its fixed at fifty. Because of this removing vaporwave or can NOT affect krautrock.
I really don't see the issue here. If you can free up space at the experimental section you have more space in the rock section, right? The fact that you are so focused on a fixed number only goes to show how deeply autistic this whole thing is.

>Alright, let's make 90% of the chart classical music then. Would that make you happier?
If you think that music has the highest quality then yes that would be a way better chart rather then then trying to diversify for the sake of diversifying. Even better would be making classical it's own chart because of the historic and formative differences.

The other chart is music people actually care about. There are some "entry-level" albums yes but also very good ones and ones not a lot of people talk about. The thing is Yea Forums has always been a rock/pop centered board and you can't just expect people to suddenly like 13th century church music because they rolled it on your chart.

Attached: IMG_20190507_155205.jpg (594x417, 66K)

this cant be real.

>I really don't see the issue here.
Try to visualize the chart if there were 49 experimental albums and 101 rock albums. Don't you think it would be weird?

>If you can free up space at the experimental section you have more space in the rock section, right?
Yes. But why give more space to rock instead of classical, for example? Or maybe jazz? Or electronic dance? Hmmm... Those genres are all capped at 100 for a reason, so they don't get unequal representation, despite all being filled with great music. I have had people complain about every single section not having enough space, so you can see why I planned in advance to give equal space to all those genres. Experimental and Other follow the same logic.

>The fact that you are so focused on a fixed number only goes to show how deeply autistic this whole thing is.
It's not about autism, it's about making a compromise between all kinds of listeners. Should we just delete vaporwave despite it being highly popular and even influential because you wanted a second krautrock album? I don't think that's right, and I say this as someone who likes krautrock more than vaporwave.

>that would be a way better chart rather then then trying to diversify for the sake of diversifying
Or maybe we could try something revolutionary... have both diversity AND quality! Wouldn't that be great? Oh wait, I already did that... Nice.

>Even better would be making classical it's own chart because of the historic and formative differences.
If I did that then this wouldn't be an "essential music" chart, so nah.

>The other chart is music people actually care about.
No, it's music people are first exposed to when they come to Yea Forums.

>There are some "entry-level" albums yes but also very good ones
The albums on the OP's chart are much better.

>and ones not a lot of people talk about.
I'm pretty sure 99% of those albums have over a thousand RYM ratings, so nah, they are all pretty popular.

cont. from >The thing is Yea Forums has always been a rock/pop centered board
That's because they don't know better, even when they would like to. We have daily threads about users asking how to get into classical, jazz, electronic, etc but they never end up getting into it because people on Yea Forums act like a hivemind because of stupid charts like the entry level rockist one posted above.

>you can't just expect people to suddenly like 13th century church music because they rolled it on your chart
Stuff like Machaut's Messe de Notre Dame are both accessible and great, so people on Yea Forums shouldn't have a problem enjoying that recording, they just have to listen (have you?).

In short, Yea Forums is pop/rock centric because they don't know better, even when they would like to know better, but they just don't have the tools to achieve this which is one of the reasons I made the chart. The music on it is seriously great, and its pretty sad to see users claim like "hurr, won't listen to this nigger shit", or "this was done based on genres instead of blablabla, therefore its all shit", and so on. People judge the music without even listening to it.

Roll

oh fuck

Roll

roll

Attached: D4YM0d5WsAMKWPs.jpg (1125x1106, 111K)

>Don't you think it would be weird?
I wouldn't find it weird to have numbers like that for the albums, no. It might not be ideal for your layout but it's not that hard to come up with a better layout where you can have "weird" numbers. In the OP roll chart it certainly doesn't matter.

>Should we just delete vaporwave despite it being highly popular and even influential because you wanted a second krautrock album?
I feel like you're missing my point again so I'm stating it again. IN MY OPINION quality is the most important factor when it comes to music charts. Compromising quality for diversity reasons, or because something is "highly popular" or "influential" is therefore a bad thing (you are right - there is quality in your chart - I never claimed there wasn't but my point is that there is less of it). So yes, replacing for example the vaporwave album with a better one would be more suited for a roll chart in my opinion. I don't think we can argue this out any further as I don't see any new arguments coming up. I'm just explaining to you why I think the concept of the second roll chart is better for finding a new album and having a good time.

they just have to listen (have you?)
Yes I have and I found it pretty uninteresting and I can see why people wouldn't like to discuss it. I also think it's kind of delusional that you speak of the average Yea Forumstant as if it's this homogenous mass of people with the same taste. In reality there are a lot of people on Yea Forums familiar with classical or jazz or electronic music. The fact that the real Yea Forumscore is only like 5 albums is because it's really hard to come to common ground with so many different people and because not everyone has the time to listen to a ton of music. I think thats the real reason why the Yea Forumscore will always stay close to rock/pop/hip-hop music no matter how hard you try to push a agenda by making some chart.

rooll

>Compromising quality for diversity reasons
But I'm NOT doing that. The chart has both quality and diversity, what exactly don't you understand about it?

>because something is "highly popular" or "influential" is therefore a bad thing
What? I never said those were bad things...

>I never claimed there wasn't but my point is that there is less of it
I think there is more quality on it than on the other chart, since the other chart focuses on what's popular, and not on what's good.

>replacing for example the vaporwave album with a better one would be more suited for a roll chart in my opinion
The vaporwave album on the chart is considered to be the best one from the genre, by far. I personally believe it's a great album as well. I'm not compromising quality here. Have you even listened to it?

>I'm just explaining to you why I think the concept of the second roll chart is better for finding a new album and having a good time
But the problem is you aren't addressing my points. I told you why I wasn't compromising quality, and yet you repeated that again (without a counter-argument for what I said), as if I didn't understand your point (when I actually do).

>Yes I have and I found it pretty uninteresting
What exactly did you listen to?

cont.

cont. from >I also think it's kind of delusional that you speak of the average Yea Forumstant as if it's this homogenous mass of people with the same taste
That's how it is though. The averege Yea Forumstant's taste is indeed that of a re-arranged Yea Forumscore chart. The average Yea Forumstant doesn't listen to classical, they barely listen to jazz, they don't listen to electronic dance that's not rockist, and so on.

>In reality there are a lot of people on Yea Forums familiar with classical or jazz or electronic music.
Yes, and they are a tiny minority, who don't usually interact with the rest of the site. /classical/ is an insulated community inside Yea Forums, for example. Same with /bleep/. To claim either are part of Yea Forums is true, but misleading, as they don't interact with the rest of Yea Forums.

>The fact that the real Yea Forumscore is only like 5 albums
There is no such thing as "real Yea Forumscore", and many people would argue that "real Yea Forumscore" goes up to 25 albums anyways, or even more than a hundred if we take the big Yea Forumscore chart.

>it's really hard to come to common ground with so many different people
Most of this board listens to entry-level rock. You can see this easily when you look at chart threads, last.fm threads, and threads in general. Yea Forums's taste is pretty stagnant. It's not difficult at all to find common ground on here. Just make a thread about Sweet Trip (who are overrepresented in popularity here at Yea Forums) and you will get a lot of replies, because of the hivemind effect this board has.

>no matter how hard you try to push a agenda by making some chart
Right, but the chart is intended to the open-minded people who will bother listen to music beyond rock, not to the average Yea Forumsdrone who is only interested in following trends.

Oh, and this should have been on the previous post, but do you understand now why each of the "big" genres (classical, jazz, r&b/hip hop, rock, electronic dance, experimental/other) is restricted to the same amount of albums (100)?

roll

ROLL

Cum

roll

rollerino

re

one last try for something i can actually type

rollolo

rolling for both

Röłł

rolling, please don't be boring

rollolol

I really REALLY do not want to repeat myself for the 4th time. I'm beginning to feel like you might be actually mentally retarded. Like at least take the time to understand what I'm writing instead of just copying every sentence and shitposting some random thought or a non argument.

>But I'm NOT doing that
Of course you are, you admitted yourself so and came to the conclusion that the actual chart would be 90% classical for you then. You said that you preferred Krautrock to Vaporwave. So if you would take your 2nd favorite Krautrock album and put it there instead of any other you think is less of quality YOU WOULD INCREASE THE QUALITY. So of course you are compromising you fucking moron.

>What? I never said those were bad things...
Something is wrong with your reading comprehension. I said that those were bad things, not that you said so. Thats my entire point - that everything besides quality is of almost no importance for people who care about the actual music, not the history of music.

>What exactly did you listen to?
How about you read my post again to find out. I'm sorry but I don't feel like argueing anymore if you aren't even capable of reading my posts. I just want to you to know that your whole agenda is a giant waste of time.

roll

rolio

oh wait ew this sucks

roll

re

Roll

Attached: 1557858106691.jpg (632x479, 36K)

roll

I made it 10 minutes in and I'm in hell. If I wanted to listen to accordion burrito music, I'd turn on the god damn radio. 3/10 for being technically competent music, recorded well enough, and enjoyable to some paisa in snakeskin boots and cowboy hats.

>came to the conclusion that the actual chart would be 90% classical for you then
No. That was a point being made by taking your own logic to its extreme results. I don't believe that to be the case, I think there is good music in all genres, which is why the chart is divided the way it is.
Interpreting figurative speech literally like you just did is a symptom of autism by the way.

>You said that you preferred Krautrock to Vaporwave.
Yes, that doesn't mean I don't like vaporwave.

>So if you would take your 2nd favorite Krautrock album and put it there instead of any other you think is less of quality YOU WOULD INCREASE THE QUALITY
I think my second favorite krautrock album and my favorite vaporwave album are both at a similar level. Even then, this isn't about favorites, it's about essentials

>So of course you are compromising you fucking moron
I'm not, because this isn't a favorites list, but an essentials one

>I said that those were bad things
Something being popular and influential isn't necessarily bad? I'm sorry, but that part you wrote sounds super weird, which is why I interpreted it incorrectly.

>How about you read my post again to find out.
You literally never specified what exactly from the chart did you listen to. Literally never.

>I don't feel like argueing anymore if you aren't even capable of reading my posts
You aren't even capable of reading your own posts lmao

>I just want to you to know that your whole agenda is a giant waste of time.
It hasn't. I have had people personally thank me for the chart through the contact information I gave. The fact that just one person thanked me for that means I succeeded.

Again, this isn't a favorites chart, this is an essentials chart. Because of this, I try to represent equally genres of similar diversity (and quality), by choosing the most qualified albums for each genre, therefore achieving both high quality and high diversity (unlike the other chart which is just about popular and bad stuff).

You two are ridiculous. OP's chart is great for more eclectic listeners, and in comparison the so-called "improved version" is great for normies. You can now either continue fruitlessly arguing or shut up

roll

perhaps

roll

hmmm

rolling

Roll

Rolling

rolling

The fact that you read it again and still couldn't figure out what album I was talking about is actually hilarious. You've got to be one of the dumbest people around here.

rell

Might as well roll one for the gipper

The fact that you think I was asking for one specific album is evidence you have no idea what you were talking about. I asked you about what albums (plural) from the chart you listened to that you thought were bad that you claimed this chart sacrificed quality (despite everything I already said about this not being the case).

>You've got to be one of the dumbest people around here.
The pot calling the kettle black. You are a moron.

Roll

Re-rolling because I already heard Brian Seltzer orchestra

rolly roll

how did the thread got to this

rollin 4 u

sweet roll

okay

n

Rolling, please don't be trash

fuck

Hdhdhdhfjfu

rollin

hm

roll

Thank you

again

I figured out why I dislike rap. It's because they don't sing, they just jabber "ooga booga wooga chooga", since 1980 until now. All the same. At least their 5th track Passion Play sounds pleasant and is just some disco. Sugarhill Gang's first album gets a 5/10 because it's not obnoxious to listen to and the first and fifth song is good.

All rap sounds like this except with stolen beats behind it:
youtube.com/watch?v=wdVRaDJth4s

My gf is super cute!!

Roll

Eh, roll

roll

Rollin' on a river

Rollllllllllll

Ahhahaha, what is this sorting algorithms shit
youtube.com/watch?v=kPRA0W1kECg

roll

oh my god 955 is even worse somehow

roll

roll

Roll

lets go

rollor

rollllll

rikiddy rooll

Nice

roll

so be it

Doing a roll, you better not fuck me over

bloody bastard. you'll get yours one day...

rollin

Roll

roll

Rolling rolling rolling
Keep those albums strolling

imma rool

Rolling

roll

Attached: 1556707416524.gif (200x200, 704K)

Roll

roll

Again

roll .......... i guess

rolleroonie

roll for both

rill

roll

reroll

roll

roll

re-roll

two fucking morons is all it takes sometimes

rollin'

roll

roll

roll

R

rolle

R

B

r

heoheeh

okay baby

Just fuck me up

life is pain i hate

Reroll

roll

rollan

Attached: 1552687484472.png (234x246, 138K)

Roll

Roll

Roll

rolling for mu

Rollerino

Alright

Rool

Alajhdhshsgsgs: Part 2

>881
Well, I can't find this album, so I'll listen to a couple of the guy's songs on YT but this is my re-roll since this album doesn't seem easy to find and I don't care enough to dig it up

fine

heard already and it's trash

roll

roll

not in english so I don't care but I'm not rerolling. maybe next thread will have better luck

yeah im not listening to that shit fuck you

Roll

rollin

Damn. I got 924 and I can't even find it... There's one video on YouTube but that's not even music just random noises. If that's actually considered music then Death Grips is the most radio friendly hip hop group ever

Apbum

These are always great

Roll

roll

Fuck these threads. Last time I rolled I got an album that wasnt even in English and wasn't on spotify

maybe

Rolling im excited for this

Man, that album is great. Digital heaven.

Roll

Roll

gabriel rollon

Attached: viper above all laws.jpg (640x640, 26K)

How terrible. It must be so difficult to be American.

roll

i cant find it soz
reroll

roll

let's go

yolo

roll

Roll

Roooll

roill

Roll

roll

i cant find mine fuck

roll

maybe thisll be good

roll

rollj

roll

Pencil

Roll

roll

roll

hey the offspring are just fine

rollin'

roll

Roll

rollme

Attached: polpot1.jpg (150x185, 8K)

rtrt

roll

roll

roll

Bingo

eh

rollin'

fofty

Roll

fofty on this too

Roll

Roll

rollin'

Again

Roll

roll

rolling

Roll

oh shit

roll

ok

Bibi

Rick owens

Attached: images(8).jpg (194x259, 5K)

Roll

rolling

Attached: 1557856212867.jpg (3000x2001, 1.1M)

roll9

ok

why not, lets go

Roll

Rolls

rolling for this one too

Double Roll

Re-rolling because I can't find the audio

Attached: 1557763897309.jpg (2048x1365, 432K)

rolling in the deep

its shit
rolling for this

roll

roll

rolling

OP roll was shit. Improved Version roll was instant classic. Not that I'm surprised. OP's list is shit.

>OP roll was shit
You didn't even listen to it you piece of shit.

Rolls Royce.

Lay

roll

b

Rolling!

roll

hmm

Roll

okay

rollerino

Roll

Meow

Roll

rolllllllll

Let's do it!

huh

Rolling for some metal

>The Bucketheads
lmao

roll

Apparently this is only a single. Cool stuff though.

Update: it was alright.

rolling

Rollie pollie

rolie polie olie

roll