Is Vulfpeck /reddit/ the band?

is Vulfpeck /reddit/ the band?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

aren't those the guys who released a completely silent album on spotify and asked their fans to play it and basically give them free money?
that's pretty based if you ask me.

joe dart is a talented guy, but their music makes me want to smash my head on concrete.

I like it, and I use reddit, so you are correct

jesus christ

Attached: IMG_1209.jpg (648x360, 30K)

Yeah, even if all of their music is just "recycled stevie wonder idea #7870430", they're still incredibly talented musicians and also super clever about marketing in the streaming age.

Not compatible with here

Why are they called that? It sounds like the name of a sludge metal band, not some soulless Berklee funk crap.

Chris Thile is r*ddit the mandolin virtuoso so If the collabed with him I'd have to say yes

I haven't listened to a lot of their stuff, but what's some music similar to Animal Spirits? Track's absolutely joyous.

the rest of their music?
nice dubs tho

Reddit - A Cuckold's Life is my go to for this aesthetic

Tim Heidecker - I am a cuck

>coping talentless faggots itt who wish they could lock into the pocket like vulfpeck

they might be creatively bankrupt as a band, but I guarantee you half the people talking shit about them haven't even been near an instrument.

I don't know, I started that album and 3 tracks in I gave up and stopped. Out of them I really liked AS but the rest I didn't care for
I don't know the band and if they're onions or something, listen to that track though.

composition matters more than technical ability

This, these guys are born to be someone's backing band.

Still a cope. They're essentially a session band, so expecting them to compose artistic or creatively satisfying material on their own is pointless

>Still a cope.
i will freely admit that all of them are more talented than me.
>expecting them to compose artistic or creatively satisfying material on their own is pointless
then why do they keep making material on their own.

i definitely agree that they're all extremely talented

bass player especially gets me going sometimes but that doesn't make them any less boring

Because it makes for one hell of a portfolio. Besides, its very rare for them to put out something that ISN'T a collab or a session in some shape or form. If you want to know what vulfpeck actually *is* when its at home, its literally just jack stratton doing A&R, which is why I don't think its fair to attack them for not living up to an "artistic" standard. It simply doesn't serve the same purpose as, say, a narrative-driven singer-songwriter, so there isn't much point in judging it on those merits.

There have been plenty of bands equally proficient that did not make pointless music.

Kill yourself

Been said already, but yes they are great musicians but so-so composers. Still some gems here and there in their discography, mostly the ones centered around Joe Dart's amazing basslines

if they release music, i can criticize it.

Joe is cool and everything but Corey doesn't get enough love, his right hand technique is insane.

so inoffensive it hurts

100%. They've got some good stuff here and there. It all goes downhill when vocals gets thrown into the mix unless they outsource.

I appreciate the honesty, I guess

>I started that album and 3 tracks in I gave up and stopped.
That's like 7 minutes into their most pop-oriented album. You must got some wild attention problems my man.

It's not about attention span, I have no problem listening to prog and post rock. It's just that I didn't like the jazzy sound of those other tracks.

yup and then they used the money to go on tour where it was streamed the most

I get really, really uncomfortable when these guys write lyrics pretending they're kids. Not only are the lyrics to Back Pocket and Wait For The Moment pretty dang cringy (which many vulfpeck fans I know agree with) but I personally get creeped out when grown-ass men sing romantically about a 5th grade girl
>but they're just recalling the time when they were young!
There are so many better devices of doing this, but the way they doing is trying to hard to nostalgia-bait the listener and rubs me the wrong way. Captain Hook might be the biggest culprit of all, GOD that shit is annoying.

The music is alright. But IMO they were best on their first few mixtapes when it was much more stripped out and jam-oriented. I will say that they are fantastic live, and they do play a lot of their early shit too which is nice.

Boring soulless corporate adult contemporary for suburban white bread office workers.

Yeah, the only one who should really write lyrics for them is Theo desu. Lonely Town might be a fairly bland elton john knock-off but its really well written nevertheless

is it a jewish band?? please answer, i've seen some of their videos online, just wondering if the leader's jewish or they are all half-jewish and that's their bond? they seem like they met at a jewish band camp in junior high