How do I attain this guitar sound?

How do I attain this guitar sound?

Attached: atomizer.jpg (600x600, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wuOGBe5XW_U
youtube.com/watch?v=nahPA-RKEfQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would you? No one wants to hear it anymore

Has anyone pissed on a bass string for a tone before?

Attached: F28328D5-E920-4C62-9D89-44B0EFF9D0F5.gif (300x300, 892K)

So that if you hear it again you'll know it was me

Pretty sure he used a proco rat with the lm chip. It’ll cost ya. No idea about amps or guitars

this. why would you want to sound like shit OP?
there are way better noise rock tones out there

copper strings with an aluminum pick. they only last about 20 minutes before they start to break, hence why he stopped using this guitar sound

Name five noise rock bands that sound better than this. Sonic Youth doesn't count, I hate them.

Also he used speaker cones and an aluminum pickguard. If you want the easy way, just get a delay pedal and crank the time as low as you can. A chorus could also be added if you want.
No.

Just get thicker strings. Boy this Albini fella is a retard

by being a racist

youtu.be/wuOGBe5XW_U

Brainbombs
Shellac (yeah i know it's the same guy but the tone there was far superior)
Early swans
Dinosaur Jr

I can name 4, i'm not a big noise rock enthusiast, but with brainbombs alone should be enough

Alright asshole. Someone in Big Black used a rat, I can hear it in the recordings clear as fucking day

Based

being a white supremecist, misogynistic pedophile

I habe no idea dude. I know they used harmonic percolators. First time i've ever heard of anyone using a rat in big black. I know Albino used a tubescreamer in shellac.

Using both delay and chorus gets me pretty close, although it's more of a Rapeman/early Slint sound. Pretty good as well.

PASSING COMPLEXION

BASED

ingest copious amounts of söy

The easiest most realist way is with a fuzz pedal and an EQ pedal with the treble boosted and mid and low cut. You could probably just do it with only the EQ pedal.

Steve used this thing called a Percolator guitar pedal, I don't understand what it does exactly but he did a video of him playing with it fairly recently and I was like "Oh shit when he uses that pedal it sounds like Big Black" it was pretty interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=nahPA-RKEfQ

Why is he standing on that shit wth is this

tall mechanical legs lol

I'm Pretty sure they went the MBV route and recorded a bunch of sustained feedback loops into an early digital sampler. IDK though, could be wrong

Attached: Maine in a nutshell.jpg (604x453, 38K)

However I could just be imagining the feedback sound off of Passing Complexion alone.

I think Santiago's parts on that song were pitch-shifted in the mix, but you can roughly achieve that with natural harmonics

Yes they were pitch shifted, one shifted track, one not shifted. It's a sick sound.

But yeah
>distortion pedal
>percolator pedal (still don't know what this does but hey)
>harmonizer pedal

What do you hate about sonic youth?

They aren't real noise rock

>most well known band from [genre] isnt ~real~ [genre]
lame and cliche