Why is mixing so shit and amateur on this album?

Why is mixing so shit and amateur on this album?

Attached: dccover_01_LRG_1024x1024.jpg (480x480, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ztm5HRp2QGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It isn't shit, i would say it's kind of lo-fi, it makes the album comfier imo

Because it was made on almost no money

they did it themselves with no experience im pretty sure

It literally was done in the bedroom lol

i mean most mixing is just done on a computer with some headhones and speakers... you dont need a studio to mix

they lost the masters

Attached: deathcucktiousness.jpg (1275x1650, 1.7M)

everyone uses this legend
how is this even possible?

Because it was released in 128 kbps and they said they can't remaster it anymore to a higher quality so this is what we will have forever. Kinda sad, but I think this low fidelity does accompany album's overall atmosphere very well.

isn't this only true for the drum machine?

It was done in a bedroom by self taught nerds with a budget of $1000 including the instruments and the computer used for recording/mixing. Also, However I think the lofi bedroom production adds to the atmosphere, I don't think I'd enjoy Deathconciousness as much if it sounded clean.
Dan has confirmed it. He accidentally deleted them and they had no way to recover them. It's somewhere in this interview
youtube.com/watch?v=ztm5HRp2QGo

>artist agreeing to do a ""Yea Forumstant radio interview""
How low can somebody sink?

I mean it's no secret HANL initially picked up steam because of Yea Forums being obsessed with Deathconsciousness, and it's not like they're a big name act to shun small interviews like this.

hey, the mount eerie interview was pretty comfy :(

I think the mixing is great and its exactly what elevates it from the (almost equally excellent) Unnatural World.

Because Dan is a lazy retard, hence why not only the mixing is shit but also the songwriting and performances.

what about the other guy
what did he do?

>please please please release me

Attached: 1541642136156.png (354x286, 28K)

It's because it was made with Logic Pro. That DAW inevitably will make the quality of whatever is recorded on it sound like complete and utter shit. Thats why I have a problem listening to this album because with the drums and the shitty reverb on everything you can automatically tell it was made with logic's stock plugins.

What's that program like?

how does it feel being retarded?

it's true though
>let's add a shitton of reverb and delay to hide that we know nothing about compression and limiting and eq

You sound gay.

Attached: master.png (585x435, 175K)

The Chris Ott interview is pretty good

remaster when!?