I feel this shot was deliberate. Like a big "Fuck You" to Billboard and Nashville...

I feel this shot was deliberate. Like a big "Fuck You" to Billboard and Nashville. Country is officially now a black genre

Attached: oldtown.png (1441x810, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxxJhX6ooLA
youtube.com/watch?v=MMPJ8vdXGHg
youtube.com/watch?v=Hl4ZLe4m6DE
youtube.com/watch?v=jqqq1YPEPiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_bv89VreXJM
youtube.com/watch?v=k4FVqMP8Ork
youtube.com/watch?v=MmpnBGtoG0M
savingcountrymusic.com/how-sweden-became-a-surprising-enclave-for-country-and-roots-music/
rootsymusic.se/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>herp di derp the trap song has references to horses so its Country
So if i made a Black Metal song that was about good ol boys drinking budweisers on a tractor itd be a Country song?

it would at least be better than most black metal, certainly

It's over. Just admit defeat.

No
I think its asinine that Country has been eroded so much that just writing about the typical Country cliches over something that already has a name and a genre makes it Country
If thats the case literally everything is Country
K-Pop is, Post-Rock is, Industrial is
Its fucking stupid

you're just not hearing the twang

Keep seething. Country is black now

shit song

I dont care if hes black
Black artists have been in Country before
This song shouldve never been called Country cause its not a Country song
If i make a Country song about hoes and lean will it be on the Rap charts? No it wouldnt

youtube.com/watch?v=IxxJhX6ooLA
Is this song country?

most of the shit on the country charts has synthesizers, samples, electronic drums, etc... all that unites country is lyrical content and an aesthetic whih old town road has...

Blacks have been involved with Country for a long time. But, it's rarely been more than a token black here and there. Why? Probably because rural America, where Country music has its roots and greatest following, is 98% white. You're just not gonna get bruthas singing songs about their dogs dying, or about how their day was at the fishin' hole or the truck and tractor pull. There are life experiences out in the sticks that are very real for the folks that live there JUST AS THERE ARE life experiences in da hood that are very real for folks who live there. Rap is to blacks what Country is to whites. It's their diaries of life. As such, one is no *more* real than the other.

People tend to sing about what's around them.

It was just a shitty meme trap song with country bullshit in it. God damn.

>NOOOOO WTF!? GENRES EVOLVE AS TECHNOLOGY AND PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES DO! AHHHH SAVE ME DRUMPF!

this is so retarded. country aint black. look at the charts. nearly all white folks. its just that hiphop is so much more popular than country.

But it's not a case of evolution? Change the lyrical content of Old Town Road and you get a trap rap song the fact that country has such a low estimation that simply including horses and what not is not an evolution.
Also fuck Nashville

it's a country themed trap song.

I think that it's a very nice statement that none of the music in the country charts is country whatsoever. It's all slightly modified radio pop and hip hop. They really need to get their shit together

Attached: 1539307798431.jpg (843x750, 224K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MMPJ8vdXGHg
>First things first: when I say that song isn’t country it is not a race thing. Black people can make country just as well as white people, that was never an issue (at least for me). I don’t believe that about 75% or more of the country top 100 should be considered country, and they’re almost 100% white. When I say that song isn’t country I mean fundamentally and stylistically it is not country. Just because you sing with a southern accent about tractors, trucks, guns, whatever you consider country over a pop, trap, etc. instrumental does not make it country. I quite enjoy the song, I think it’s fun; however I’ll tell you what it isn’t: country music. I tried the best I could to make it country for the meme, but also to make a statement.

If you think bro country/popcountry is actual country you're a retard. That's literally all just modern pop songs with an accent at this point. Country is about the story telling, the down to earth relatable music selling reality instead of escapism.

Cute pic, based black america

underrated comment

Attached: 1544013913803.png (300x300, 20K)

Country is fucking awful

Ask someone to give you a good country rec on here and it's never anything past the 60s aka dad country

It's a pathetic genre

Just like a lot of the shit on country radio, Old Town Road isn't country, everyone that thinks otherwise is retarded
That being said, Old Town Road got the hammer partially because Lil Nas X is black

If you want good country from modern times check Tyler childers purgatory album

youtube.com/watch?v=Hl4ZLe4m6DE

>puts on
>instantly generic ass country song we've already heard 1000x before

jesus

If you want the best on the album feathered Indians is what to listen to. If you can appreciate music simply because it sounds like music used to then you cant say you like music

Not even memeing but are people saying old town road isn't country just because he's black? It's about as country as this bullshit

honest description would be:
>hey guys i made something i think sounds really good and i think my voice sounds really good in it please like it

i got twenty one days for drug possession charges last summer, i lost my job, my girlfriend left, and all i had left was my empty apartment and my record player. this album was one of the few that wasn't popped and scratched to hell, and upon making it to this song i realized my life isn't over. even if i truly thought it was, i found a way to pull myself out, just like this song said i would. now i've got a new job and a new life ahead of me. it's not over.

jason isbell will save us user

youtube.com/watch?v=jqqq1YPEPiQ

Turnpike Troubadors. Check out the album 'A Long Way from your Heart' specifically.

Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbel, and Colter Wall get honest mentions.
youtube.com/watch?v=_bv89VreXJM
youtube.com/watch?v=k4FVqMP8Ork

Commercial country is literally just white trap music.

>the same people who incessantly whine about “cultural appropriation” at white people doing whatever inconsequential shit such as wearing an asian dress are now celebrating a black guy dressing up like a cowboy and making a shitty trap song with some country influences and then demanding it be on the country charts despite none of these people actually listening to the genre yet still fancy themselves experts on what should appeal to country music fans

Attached: 0872E31A-5B27-4013-A85F-93BAE19EF624.gif (511x512, 105K)

Get taste faggot

nah gtfo lol

stop posting any time

Damn Satan

Darius Rucker was already a country star, this is just zoomer rap

this

You zoomers do realize black people have made country before and been more respectful about it instead of acting like some jack ass thinking he is making a political statement or some stupid shit, right?

Attached: rucker.jpg (600x338, 53K)

he has a powerful voice. I hope he will make some actual country music in the future (even though I know he won't).

It's part of their plan. Rap will take over every facet of life.

>he has a powerful voice
HA!

i was talking about billie ray cyrus

ummm sweetie white people dont have a culture to appropriate

Attached: 023.png (680x680, 274K)

he's a joke artist, he doesn't make real music.

not going to happen. Country has no pull outside the south and outside america. This is actually an atrocious move. Also In his house at R'lyeh, dead Metal waits dreaming.

youtube.com/watch?v=MmpnBGtoG0M

it is not a coincidence that billy ray is a part of this

Attached: BULLS.jpg (1920x1080, 138K)

billy ray is a part of it because lil nas x is a zoomer who only knows about country from hannah montana

no it is because billy ray sold his soul to the illuminati in exchange for "achy breaky heart" to become a hit and now his family is obligated to do their bidding in implementing the mk-ultra monarch mind control program designed to subvert traditional american values

Attached: 1540537302419.gif (806x552, 152K)

Nope. It clearly draws influences from it but the beat and instrumentation make it some kind of pop or hip hop.

>Comments disabled
>Like/dislike ratio hidden
Fitting

cowboys are 25% black sweetie

Drive-By Truckers
Jason Isbell
Colter Wall

There are big Country music scenes outside of the U.S. Sweden has a scene. So does Australia.
savingcountrymusic.com/how-sweden-became-a-surprising-enclave-for-country-and-roots-music/

Rootsy is a good resource to find shows across Eastern Europe.
rootsymusic.se/

and
americana-uk.com
is a good resource to keep up on Roots music currently being made outside of the U.S.

Attached: rootsy.png (957x765, 523K)