Alright so tell me this isn't one of the most important rap albums to come out of the UK...

Alright so tell me this isn't one of the most important rap albums to come out of the UK. Nothing Great About Britain better be the controversial discussion the patriot bitches need to discuss

Attached: IMG_20190518_130318.jpg (2976x3968, 3.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ICBkHaMOPXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NORF FC FUCK SOUF SIMPLE

it sucks. wish everyone would stop acting like this is the new boy in da corner

>Nothing Great About Britain
wish they would all fuck off back to Africa and the Middle East then

He was born in Northampton you retard

this dudes a big industry plant

caught his boiler room livestream and it was fucking atrocious

no discussion slowthai is far from important

>most important
>rap album
Stopped reading here.

It's pretty good but definitely nothing groundbreaking

Some decent beats ruined with trite/inauthentic lyrics

Just finished my first listen and Doorman, Toaster, Peace of Mind and Missing are the only ones I can see myself listening to again

It's grime for the middle-class. You will never catch street kids in London or any big city listening to this, unlike BIDC which actually spoke to the people it was about

He's not a street rapper. He's not from London. The kind of lifestyle he's describing isn't the same lifestyle Dizzee was on about. Because of that it paints a picture of Britain that people outside of London can relate to more.
Street kids in London definitely don't listen to grime anymore anyways. Drill and afroswing is what's popping there, but this isn't made for that. Doesn't mean it's not good.
UK hip-hop needs to learn to distance itself from the streets. Tyler just dropped an album full of cheesy gay love songs and you're bashing Slowthai because roadmen don't listen to him.

>this dudes a big industry plant
He's been coming up for years lad

You are a braindead zoomer mate

Yeah, its great

>this dudes a big industry plant
Wrong, check his old tracks and vids

>The kind of lifestyle he's describing isn't the same lifestyle Dizzee was on about. Because of that it paints a picture of Britain that people outside of London can relate to more.

Spot on

Attached: 1558157906709.jpg (1000x1272, 193K)

ill agree that the performance last night was fucking awful but he surprisingly isnt a plant and his music is great

TSUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: TSUUUUUUU.png (479x539, 196K)

couldnt have said it better

Any mega link to this? Archive is being aids and wont let me search

>he's a plant because his album launch party in his hometown was a fucking travesty
brainlet-tier logic.

to a foreign mummy

>british rap
>british political rap

Into the trash it goes.jpg

Skepta and Stormzy are already grime artists for the middle-class, slowthai is still relatively untainted by all that cultural appropriation shiz and has more in common with labels like High focus than your typical londoncentric grime stuff.

>political
so, what, you just read the title and made a retarded assumption without actually listening to the record?

Im two tracks in and am enjoying it so far.

>critically-acclaimed, world-renowned rapper releases his fifth album
>relatively unknown uk rapper releases his debut record on the same day
>somehow its leagues better than anything tyler has put out in the last few years

Seriously, how does this happen?

you having different preferences

You dont name your album BRITAN SUCKS AND I THINK IT SUCKS AND HOLY SHIT FUCK THIS FUCKING PLACE. and act like you rap about fucking cars and ponies and shit man

>tyler's album– a toddler that learned how to play 7th and 9th chords with the same poor mixing and shit hooks that have plagued his last couple releases

>slowthai's album – a kaleidoscopic vision years in the making (he's been hyping its release long before even T n Biscuits blew up), probably one of the most unique voices and dynamic flows to come out of the UK

it's not preferential treatment if there are objective reasons as to why Igor sucks ass

Holy shit, its true what they say about Americans, they really don't understand our sarcasm. You really think he's being 100% genuine with that title?

tell me it isnt some nigger complaining about how oppressed he is

(You)

it's not, and you say that like you don't want it to be the case, but lets face it, you're the sort of person that will take any excuse to voice their righteous indignation, aren't you?

nah i just get enough of it day to day to not want having it shouted down my ear. What is it actually about? im willing to listen to good music if it doesnt make me want to do bad things to minorities

it's not even the best or most important UK hip hop album this year

Same thing most hip-hop albums are about, really. Drugs, crime, women, etc.. the only thing that stands it apart from other hip-hop records is that "britishness" is a prominent theme, though its more a slice-of-life concern rather than anything explicitly political.
youtube.com/watch?v=ICBkHaMOPXs
This isn't indicative of what the rest of the album is like, but its definitely a standout track. If I had one complaint about the record its that he should've explored that sleaford mods punk-rap sound a little more

What is it, then?

If he is actually british im willing to listen. Just tired of second generation immigrants parading themselves as being "jamaican" and "nigerian", despite probably never having been to those countries, and then calling britain racist and oppressive. In music and in real life.

slowthai's PR department going strong today

Attached: dave_psychodrama.jpg (320x320, 14K)

Sorry, but how many black british people do you actually know? scratch that, how many black brits have you even spoken to? Because pretty much all of my black friends still have close cultural and familial ties to their parent's native countries and visit regularly. Hell, many of them still speak with an accent and in patois. You accuse slowthai of being overtly 'political' and yet you haven't made one single post without pushing your own political agenda. Like I said before, you take so much pleasure in your righteous indignation that it makes you totally oblivious to what an asshole you're being.

cope harder, tyler.

Weak. He's a very talented wordsmith with an accomplished flow, and he even gave a shout out to my ends in Streatham, but doesn't change the fact that the beats are weak and there's not a whole lot of substance or nuance to his ideas. It's overtly "woke" without saying anything innovative. Also all the beats are trash

lol i live in the blackest borough of london (lewisham). I only have two white friends and my mother wasnt born in britain either. i havent accused thai of being overly political, i wouldnt care if he was overly political, just given the name of the title i expected it to have that same line of thinking which is so typical of people here in london and gets very tiresome when delivered by certain people.

not as bad as slowthai

>lewisham
>london
top kek I bet you don't even have an 020 number

tyler's albums have got better every time. right now imo he's his artistic peak. this guy is irrelevant but your making him out to be big just because he's british

Everyone in this thread trying to act hard. Give this a listen then you can talk

Attached: 0014033166_10.jpg (1200x1200, 232K)

so abrasive

i do tho. does it make you SEETH that i probably know more niggers than you?

>right now imo he's his artistic peak
his artistic peak is using the 9th chord generator on garageband while whining/"singing" over the top? Igor sucks man, get your zoomer fanboy goggles off.

>your making him out to be big just because he's british
I'm not making him out to be big, I even said he was relatively unknown. it's just a genuinely fantastic record

Even if you do, you'd never have the guts to call them that to their faces, you coward. You must be so repressed in real life to get such a kick out of the word 'nigger' online

I dont speak to niggers, i speak to black people but not niggers. Black people are sensible niggers arent human.

have a good time SEETHING NIGGER stay mad

at

it's like a famous rapper's latest album that everyone agrees is shit because there's nothing new or creative about it, except this is the guy's DEBUT. the guy is also a fucking moron which isnt doing him any favours is it

lets just face it, british artists make genuinely shit music and have for the last 20 years

If you hate it here, go move to some continental shitter.

honestly, just about the level of discourse I expected from someone in lewisham. Enjoy living in the anus of london, I'll keep my ultra low council tax and attractive chelsea girls, thanks

Attached: wut.jpg (375x500, 73K)

send help, i cant take this anymore. place constanlty reeks of weed and curry. Stores getting constantly burgled in front of me and not a british man in sight.

>criticise actual objective qualities in tyler's new record that suck
>get responded to with "slowthai's album is shit because everyone agrees its shit"
oh wow look appeal to authority what a convincing argument. Who is agreeing with you? So far I've seen more threads praising this album as a landmark moment in UK hip-hop than people calling Igor AOTY. You fanboys are priceless, you'd pour shit down your ears if it had 'golf wang' stamped on it

>judging the quality of an album by what a bunch of Yea Forums incels argue about inbetween huge huffs of bostik

sorry i dont like the sound of a jumped up british crackhead, the man is fucking scumbag. igor is objectively a better album, even if it's bad

if this is what counts as a landmark moment in british hiphop i wish the scene would just roll over and fucking die so we can finally get back to the guys who invented it in the first place: america

His whole appearance and aesthetic is the point though, why are you taking it so seriously Tyler used to dress up as centaur with a Bob wig while sniffing a mountain of coke.

>igor is objectively a better album
prove it. Please tell me why recycling the same chords and arpeggios from every other tyler song ever makes for a good album. please tell me why recycling that same shitty fuzz synth bass from every other tyler song ever makes for a good album. please tell me why blatant N.E.R.D thievery is good. please tell me why its good that a rapper who can't sing is now almost exclusively singing on his records. You accuse slowthai of doing nothing original when tyler himself has been slinging the same tired neo-soul beats for god knows how long.

You might not like the sound of a jumped up crackhead, but that's never stopped Yea Forums from listening to death grips before.

ok retard

Attached: 50748147_2074760249225897_7756849509400838144_n(1).jpg (372x351, 15K)

nice bait

the zoomer containment thread is this way:

slowthai is a zoomer