Flying Lotus - Flamagra

thoughts?

Attached: 129297-1.jpg (250x250, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

music4newgen.org/2973-flying-lotus-flamagra-2019.html
mixcloud.com/corenewsuploads/flying-lotus-bbc-radio-1s-residency-2015-01-15-with-jeremiah-jae-guest-mix/
youtube.com/watch?v=8DgAhgmpXNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Flying Lotus: Greatest Hits

his worst since 1983

does he even know how to write a good song anymore?

should have guessed, the five songs out that came out first were pretty mediocre

seriously these melodies suck

Did the album leak?

yeah I was just in total disbelief of what I was hearing

Damn its that bad? The singles seemed way poppier than his usual stuff, I thought he would come through though.

I'm a huge fan of his previous stuff so maybe I was overhyped, either way have a listen and you'll see

not even worth it for me to listen again imo

wouldn't be surprised if the thing was exclusively made on tour. not a single good rhythm either

whatever

not that guy but

this is barely worth listening to, I'm not even exaggerating

Damn nigga are we listening to the same album?

Heroes, Post Requisite, More, Spontaneous, Takashi, Black Balloons Reprise, Fire Is Coming, The stretch from Inside Your Home to Remind U, The Climb, Land of Honey

All peak flylo, I'm happy as fuck

It’s mediocre and runs too long

Downloading it now. What's it like compared to Los Angeles or Cosmogramma? Is it really watered down?

It's more akin to Until The Quiet Comes/You're Dead

picks up a bit in the second half but still it's been 5 years and he releases this? yikes

Attached: 1504889148503.jpg (750x750, 49K)

post requisite has a rhythm that recalls his LA years

I mean like what you like but I cant say i enjoy this

yellow belly is probably his all time worst rhythm imo

He has the same problem Aphex Twin has where he probably has this huge fucking vault of amazing tracks but he chooses to conceptualize a key few into an album once he needs to pay the bills. It plays like a Compiliation Album at times.

its like a really shitty version of utqc

yellow belly sounds like a rework of dead man's tetris

thats what they want you to think...

I mean, I pray that boards of Canada release their unreleased stuff for example but desu they benefit more from not releasing it

hypes up the mythos

post requisite is an old track, he played it during his bbc residency run back in 2015

also, if this is the stuff he actually thinks should be released I wonder how shit his unreleased stuff is

Probably better, I don't think everything here is amazing, I was just saying the man gets high and then shits out a new track never to be released like every day, dude's a workaholic

that long ago? I thought it first appeared in kuso,2017

its not even that good of a track either

mixcloud.com/corenewsuploads/flying-lotus-bbc-radio-1s-residency-2015-01-15-with-jeremiah-jae-guest-mix/

it's the opening track of this mix

That's my main complaint about this album, it's that it doesn't really feel like a proper one, just a bunch of tracks flylo picked together and touched up from scrapped demos then had some of his homies come in and add some guest vocals and call it a day.

I really hope he tries to do something like Cosmogramma again, where there's proper interlude tracks and not just random bullshit for the sake of padding. There's supposed to be a concept about this abum but I fail to comprehend it honestly.

I think the concept is "hmmm if I release a bunch of short shit, ill be able to get 27 streams per person before they realize its bad"

>That's my main complaint about this album, it's that it doesn't really feel like a proper one, just a bunch of tracks flylo picked together

exactly this. He used to talk about how he always pictured a journey and a concept through his albums and how he smoked up and drove while he listened to it for the first time.

I just don't see it happening with this album because it's so scattered

I'm with ya, I think this album definitely has it's moments and he at least publicized some of these tracks cause they were worth listening to, but as an album it kinda isn't that great

youtube.com/watch?v=8DgAhgmpXNA

One of flylo's best tracks by the way while I'm here

great taste user

Attached: 1384083894269.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

how the mighty have fallen

great tune

It's one of those albums I really wanna like but just can't vibe with

sucks because he's probably been through some stuff and then Mac died

Attached: 1535671867412.png (209x209, 57K)

I wonder if takashi was named after the rapper? would lose a bit of respect if that were the case

if you mean 69 he's name Tekashi not Takashi

alright, thanks

Listenning to that Paak feature everyday since the release

probably as bad as the others

It’s named after Takashi Kudo

It was neat to hear him try something new with Say Something but it ended up sounding like some high school student's composition done as a homework assignment.
I was just listening to that yesterday and realizing that Until the Quiet Comes was pretty good.

It's great. It's very long and he covers a lot of different ground so I think it'll take a few listens to really click with people

LA = Cosmogramma > UTQC > You're Dead > Flamagara

Really wish he would just stop

The first half definitely plays out like a compilation/random collection of songs, but I think after fire is coming the album plays out like a normal fly album

That first half definitely throws you off on first listens, kind of hit or miss.

With flylo, the magic is in all the details. I haven’t listened to the album, but genuinely surprised by all the shit talking about it on here. If you’re not a big fan, then just move on I guess, but his albums always reward multiple listens. I’ve listened to cosmogramma probably 100 times and I swear to god I find a new layer, or some small sound effect that I haven’t heard before almost every time I re-listen. From the singles and just the small details I’ve collected from the concept, this will be his most grounded album. A return to earth you know? Maybe people are expecting the spiritual consequences of you’re dead, or the dreamy out of bodiness of Utqc, or the astral significance of cosmo. I don’t know, I haven’t listened to the leak, it just never feels right doing that haha. But people are definitely making it sound less cohesive than his last projects and I can totally see that happening. This is his first album in 5 years. Songs like post requisite have been around since 2015. More was started years ago, and has been done at least for 2 years now. But it’s also got songs for Mac Miller who died less than a year ago. Plus I’m sure half of it comes from Kuso, which of course will make it sound all over the place. I can see people not wanting an hour, but as a huge fan I’m so excited we get an hour of flylo! All I have to say, is don’t be surprised if this isn’t the only thing he releases in 2019. We’re probably going to get the perfect soundtrack late summer, but I think he is ready to release even more to tell you the truth. This album might kind of just be a commitment to warp sort of thing. Like frank ocean did. But I don’t know. I think at this point he is just having fun.

Your shoes are untied.
You trippin'

>i havent listened to it

stopped reading there.

but seriously i agree with what youre saying except that there is nothing under the surface here. its actually shocking how bad some of this is.

he focused too much on his movie, his horror channel. and the blade runner stuff he did i think
when you hear it i think youll see what i mean

some of the sounds are shockingly cheap as well. i could believe that a lot of the stuff here is stock virtual instruments or something

i dont want anymore of his stuff this this year if they couldnt even make this...

the music video for that track is fire ill admit

skipped that so hard

it's okay but i deeply hope that yellow belly is a joke song and not the actual release

right? like what the fuck?

Lol you’re right

anyone else who is just a bigger fan of his LA-stuff and think that most of what he does is boring and bland jazz-y shit

I guess I won’t know until a handful more days, but I trust in flylo and not in you.

at least the jazz on youre dead was interesting and propulsive

this is some elevator music shit. ffs takashi is actually off rhythm in parts

i feel like eric andre told him to just to fuck with everyone

just stream it first on spotify or something. if you buy it i think youll regret it instantly

i am a fan of the guy. seen him live twice, love a lot of his work. thats why it hurts.

you do you

yes actually what the fuck

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

if this leak was a joke as a fuck you to pirates i would take back everything. but the track lengths match up...

there is more musicality in some la tracks than there is on the whole of flamagra

Alright so I'm glad to see I'm not the only fan to be shocked by this... that being said there is some good tracks but even those feel like a snippets of something larger. Anyways I wonder how the reaction will be next week

Lol I’m probably one of the biggest flylo fans ever, you already know I got that limited edition pop up smoke vinyl the day he released the David Lynch video

LA is maybe my favorite album ever, find it hard to believe that the same guy who made that has made shit as hackneyed as You're Dead! and Flamagra

i could see this getting trashed by critics, which it deserves frankly

the fans will prob be a mixed bag

well the album cover looks cool at least, would be a good paperweight. i dont blame you for preordering its not like flylo really ever disappointed before this

Based. Best one off that album.

I mean I already love post req, more, spontaneous, Takashi, and black balloons 2... so that’s enough for me to be pretty happy. Just curious, without spoiling too much. How much of the album is Kuso if you’re familiar with the movie? Also is there any song on it where he sings? At his live show almost 2 years ago he played this track that was bonkers, seriously sounded like a flylo version of a stadium rock song if that makes any sense. Like a hip hop Freddie Mercury... anything like that in it?

Yeah UTCQ is one of my favorite albums so this was a shocker. The songs released so far had me worried but this is just abysmal...

i havent seen kuso. i need to though, i want to check out his horror channel "shudder"

that stadium rock thing sounds sick but there isnt anything close to that here

i dont think he sings, just his features do (why has he abandoned captain murphy? weird)

was worried as soon as spontaneous / takashi came out

like, if these are the singles how bad would the rest be? turns out pretty bad

like i said earlier the video for "more" is pretty cool. not really a fan of the song itself either tho

thats great if you like it, more power to you

maybe listen to yellow belly? its prob the worst track on here, dont blame you for waiting though, this is supposed to be 320 but it sounds slightly worse than that for some reason

He sings in that debbie is depressed

Every FlyLo album is mastered horrendously, could be that.

ahh ok, i stand corrected

yeah maybe but comparing the leak to the songs already released on spotify,the spotify sounds better

think ill give it a final listen when it comes to streaming in a week

Lol I love Tierra whack so I think I’ll like that one. People sure are shitting on it though, but that was one I’m really excited about

Oh then damn... you should have watched Kuso before this. I know all the music on that so I feel like I already kind of know what to expect from the album... and ya that song where he was singing, I might have been high, because it doesn’t seem to exist, even on uploads of full concerts of his on YouTube. I just remember it being like nothing I had ever heard before

ignorance is bliss i guess. better to be excited for a week than disappointed for a week

if you listen to one more track before release just make sure its that one. crush your hopes..!

im not that enthused about seeing george clintons giant asshole for minutes a time. from what ive seen from kuso and the post requisite video: its like hes into body horror / disgusting shit now

theres like 5 assholes in the post requisite video

i will watch it to catch the music eventually

Lol it’s a prosthetic butt and that’s one of the best scenes! Mr quiggle mr quiggle me quiggle

fuck now i want to see it - that would have been actually interesting

can you elaborate on the "some stuff"? other stuff besides mac?

if youre still here

he probably means GLK being MeToo'd and Steven having to deal with everything

>artist fall for the jazz/funk meme but cannot play to save his life

I've seen this happening to a lot of musicians, anyway haven't heard the album

That's why you feature a bunch of extra musicians and producers and then just hide their names in small print inside the album notes.

Its very safe and uneventful. No anchor tracks to return to. Like Until The Quiet comes with everything interesting removed. I want FlyLo that actually sounds like what 2019 feels like.

>I want FlyLo that actually sounds like what 2019 feels like
most retarded post on 4channel

UtQC > Youre Dead > LA > Cosmogramma > 1987 > Flamagra

Perhaps listen before you type all this shit idiot. It just isnt cohesive.

he just means that flylo isnt pushing forward and doing new things over time

Kuso is unironically the most pointless, abstract and intentionally overly disgusting film I have ever seen. Huge FlyLo fan, I enjoy the horror aspect he introduces to his music and videos sometimes but Kuso just felt like one huge edgy waste of time.

Cosmogramma >>>>>> UtQC = You're Dead >>> LA > 1987 > Flamagra

>putting LA that low

Kuso is over the top hilarious and beautiful. It was made for a specific audience though, so I get why people aren’t for it. But for me... it’s the shit

I’ve been waiting for almost five years man, and I’m still waiting. I got some shit to say. I just hate people shitting on someone’s work, especially because you’re just taking it you know? That’s like robbing bread from a bakery and then standing outside the next day letting everyone know their bread is dry. Of course it’s not cohesive, songs on this were recorded for multiple projects and over the span of at least 5 years, maybe more. Just enjoy the magic flylo gives you

At this point he could just be any random guy on Soundcloud. If the bakery doesn't fix their process and they keep making stale bread, people aren't going to want their shit and they'll go out of business.

Disappointing af

Andromeda > Remind U > Say Something
was a good run.

Recommend I watch it on shrooms?

If you can stomach vile, grotesque and nauseating gore and bodily fluids while tripping be my guest.

Good point

Maybe utqc instead

None of the posted links work, someone wanna reupload?

it aint magic though. its just bad. fine if u dont want to listen to leaks but dont defend it without listening to it first lol

8/10 desu