Untitled

>

Attached: 1532853345902.jpg (324x437, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWDaIRe8_XI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

correct

yeah i don't really get it, a lot of the songs are pretty straight-forward pop/r&b ballads with different instrumentation than usual.
the only song that could be avant-garde is pretty sweet.

because wikipedia editors are retarded

well apparently it's the first of its kind

>straight forward
every song bends structure, multiple beats switches, plays with traditional bridge structure
the only pop track is Nikes
it’s absolutely avant garde

>be me
>marathon blonde by frank ocean (from start to finish)
>get to nights
>beat changes
>okay this is epic
>beat changes again
>okay this is avant garde
>realize it's just the next song
>MIND BLOWN.jpg

Kill yourself
what an insult honestly, I would piss on your drink if I could

Kek

>gets btfo
>k-kill yourself!
L

youtube.com/watch?v=HWDaIRe8_XI

>make one song that's noisy for 30 seconds
>get called avant-garde

listen to actual avant-garde music.
i'd guess you're only pretending to be this basic.

>bends structure

literally 80% of the songs are either
verse
chorus
verse
chorus
outro

or
verse
verse
verse
outro.

>multiple beat switches
you're fucking kidding, right.

you literally got exposed by everyone in this thread.
cope.

*beeeeeeeeeeep*
RETARD ALERT

>samefagging to hide how BTFO you got

very sad!

Attached: 1544579096178.gif (400x373, 3.85M)

check wikipedia sweetie. Blonde is avant garde and nothing you say can ever change that :)

(You)
(You)
(You)
(You are a nigger)

Attached: 1455593195646.jpg (600x337, 136K)

>this level of samefagging
ya seethe?

Attached: 1556918184461.jpg (270x362, 47K)

Oh brother. Blond is Probably even more accessible than the Beatles which would make this the most accessible Frank Ocean album I've heard so far. accessibility isn't necessarily a good thing.even the beatles managed to balance mad experimentation with recognizable song forms and an intriguing ambience, but blond seems to play it a bit too safe and ultimately sounds a bit too "hard rock" for my taste.

Attached: file.jpg (680x499, 48K)

bro im so mad why do you accuse me of same faggin when IM NOTT and call BLOnde avant garde how dare you you fucking user i am so MAD

Attached: 1549187506720.png (957x674, 1014K)

nice!

Attached: me_on_the_back.jpg (618x734, 61K)

I don't think the individual tracks are particularly avant garde, but the album itself could be mildly described as such due to the track layout.

obviously it's not but it definitely has a lot of ambient influences and there is most definitely compositional experimentation well beyond 'typical r&b'
i don't think it's reinventing the wheel or anything but it's not plain vanilla. arguments on either extreme are reductive

absolute state of Yea Forums

Attached: 1509646184649.gif (265x308, 1.95M)

>album cover says "blond"
>wikipedia says "Blonde"

Attached: 1209831412488.gif (148x252, 15K)

BASED TOMOKOPOSTER

Attached: mokofeld.png (824x532, 406K)

Damn, most of you can’t just read the description of avant- agard. It literally says:”music that is considered to be at the forefront of experimentation or innovation in its field, with the term "avant-garde" implying a critique of existing aesthetic conventions, rejection of the status quo in favor of unique or original elements, and the idea of deliberately challenging or alienating audiences”. I’m pretty sure that all these words right about blonde

I'd say the intermissions and good guy probably put it into avante garde. also the end of futura free.

>blonde is "deliberately challenging or alienating audiences"
it's his most known album, user

I believe it. I don't really understand how it's so popular when it's fairly experimental and unconventional.