Lets play a game of "Nirvana Killed My Career"

lets play a game of "Nirvana Killed My Career"
i'll start. i guess they made a comeback about a decade later, but at the time it looked like Rush was basically done.

Attached: rush_002-smallcrop.jpg (1145x700, 78K)

>they made a comeback about a decade later
so nirvana didn't kill their career you moron

motley crue, warrant, def leppard, all the 80s cock rock pretty much`

Warrant is the only one that applies to really, and even they are back making music and playing even despite the death of their lead singer...who was way more talented than Kurt Cobain, mind you

Most bands hardly last three years. Rush has done decent even if they aren't super mainstream

rush did great, they got about a decade in the limelight of late prog then 80s pop rock then grunge

nirvana didn't kill anyone's career, they were the result of like 20 years of indie shit
everyone says they killed glam metal, when most of the famous bands already cashed in on the scene and were already in like their 3rd lineup, most cases always involving kicking out their most talented member
if metallica made it through the 90s while being laughed off by these mainstream bands in the early 80s, then these mainstream bands have no excuse
Rush actually did pretty well. It's not like they weren't a niche band to begin with. Would be like saying that Pantera killed Primus career.

Jani Lane was a super underrated songwriter and the album Dog Eat Dog is especially underrated.

I don't know, the narrative that glam metal was dead in the water by the time Nirvana came out is simply untrue, it was still the biggest thing in rock just before, you had bands just coming out like the already mentioned Warrant and Skid Row, Slaughter, etc....these are bands who came out and had hits either at the same time or right before Nevermind

And I hate Nirvana, so I'm not trying to give them any extra credit or props, but it's just not true that glam metal was over and it definitely took a hit because of grunge, and that's mostly because of the labels and radio stations choosing to promote it and stop promoting the other stuff. As for Metallica, I mean they're about as lucky as Guns N' Roses, who were also huge at the time.

I don't know about Rush but the hair bands seemed to expire almost overnight in the early 90's, not really Nirvana's fault tho

>mostly because of the labels and radio stations choosing to promote it and stop promoting the other stuff
this plus MTV too

Attached: Untitled.jpg (921x785, 367K)

>I mean they're about as lucky
Metallica worked their asses in order to properly sellout during the 90s. As for GnR, never liked them, so I don't know their story. I didn't imply it was dead at the time the media outlets started promoting grunge, because I know Skid Row and Alice in Chains managed to put out successful glam metal records during that time, with AiC eventually signing up with Columbia in part thanks to the grunge exposition. I just think the whole idea that Nirvana killed glam is ridiculous, lots of 80s metal bands made it through the 90s, either by selling out or being constant with their work.

When I say they were lucky, I mean their momentum was already too big to be stopped just like GnR....Metallica had albums out since the early 80's, but they were more seen as underground during that time, late 80's/early 90s along with the then just debuting to the world GnR were becoming massive.....a band like say Motley Crue at that point technically was kind of "old news" and a thrash band who's first album came out at the same time as GnR's like say a Testament who wasn't trendy by the 90s, bands like that were a bit less lucky when grunge became huge

Of course Motley will boast that they survived, and they did, but they were not nearly as big as they were, and second tier thrash bands like Testament had to try and suddenly re work their image and style to less than stellar results. Timing and momentum was on the side of Metallica and Guns, both were too big to be blind sided or pushed away by record execs.

Gene Simmons is a fuckin' character

You could argue that if Kurt survived and Courtney never dated Billy Corgan it wouldn't have tanked the pumpkins after mellon collie.

Attached: 1550459439889.jpg (464x618, 32K)

Kurt survived he'd write How You Remind Me

IT'S NOT LIKE YOU
TO SAY SORRY

Funnily enough Kiss survived grunge just fine. I think they even did a grunge album at one point.

Rush were at a point where they were set for life
They were a successful 70s Rock band
Just cause they fell off of the mainstream didnt mean they didnt have their horde of rabid Prog Rock fans

Yup, but that was largely due to the MTV Unplugged performance with Peter and Ace which led to them reuniting and putting the makeup back on bringing them back to pop culture relevance, almost launching a second 70's era where you couldn't walk into certain stores without seeing KISS merch all over the place

Attached: carnivalof.jpg (355x355, 34K)

That's the one, thanks

You can put any hair metal band here.

Attached: p01bqfd1.jpg (960x540, 93K)

Jani Lane ruled, great voice, great songs.

>micks face

Attached: mickmars70s.jpg (688x877, 82K)

That's a based song so I have no problem with that

Attached: fha.jpg (400x400, 46K)