i love this album a lot

Attached: fc.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zkGDp4oT2GU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>waaah daddy issues
>some war no one cares about
>/pol/ tier borderline racist sperging
> I am Pink Floyd now, btw you're fired, Nick. You're next, Richard.

Thank you, Roger. Very cool!

this album makes momentary lapse look like meddle in comparison. throw it in the trash.

:^(

And even now part of me flies
Over Dresden at Angels One Five

I like this album a lot too. It's a slowburner, but it burns hot

glad i'm not the only one that appreciates this beauty

10/10

Richard was fired, not Nick

shit tier floyd, maybe 3 good songs on the whole record

Attached: rog thumb up 1.jpg (305x360, 50K)

ooOOoOOOOhHHHH dAddY dIiiiIIiiiIIieeeDDD

Attached: gengbixtk5t11[1].jpg (569x991, 73K)

in all honesty I still like this album. not the best pf one though

eugh. It's just "my dad died" part two.

Attached: rog shoot.jpg (600x450, 31K)

it has nothing to do with the wall

based rog

SHOULD WE SHOOOOOOOOUT

Attached: PC030172.jpg (3072x2304, 3.48M)

This album's amazing.

Attached: pftfc.png (1436x396, 94K)

SHOULD WE SCREEEEEEEAM

Attached: PC030173.jpg (3072x2304, 3.34M)

>references to Thatcher, the post-war dream, the Falklands, nuclear war, Japanese manufacturing
>undateable
wut

Nice post. It's a very warm, comfy sounding album with expertly lush production while the subject matter is often fairly bleak if not brutally depressing. Apparently it was torture to make but it was worth it.

I was talking more about the production quality user. Also most of the album isn't really that era-specific.

The music is transcendent. The topics are secondary. If you literally listened to this album and just heard political references you are probably some kind of psychopath who can't feel human emotion and probably listens to music entirely for appearances.

So do I, even if When The Tigers Broke Free isn't in the proper tracklist

>in quiet desperation, knuckles white upon the slippery rails
>she bravely waves the boys goodbye again
I mean, damn

I get what you mean about the production, but if you're talking about the lyrics, c'mon user. It's (deliberately) massively era-specific

Not really, though. World War II will be with us forever. Not Now John is clearly sung from the perspective of anyone who could be a machismo fascist type today.

youtu.be/zkGDp4oT2GU

>The music is transcendent. The topics are secondary
I suspect if you asked Roger Waters he would -not- say 'yeah, all that stuff about war and my dad and the 80s was secondary to the choons, man'. He probably wouldn't want to say either is more important, actually, but there's certainly no way he'd put the lyrics second. They clearly mean a lot to him.

They're important if you find them important. I find them important, but the music is what can talk to people who don't appreciate the lyrics. My dad is a far-right Republican, huge fan of Thatcher and Reagan, but this album brings tears to his eyes.

You've picked one of the less specific ones, but even then:

Fuck all that we've got to get on with these
Got to compete with the wily Japanese
No need to worry about the Vietnamese
Got to bring the Russian Bear to his knees
Well, maybe not the Russian Bear
Maybe the Swedes
We showed Argentina
Now let's go and show these
Make us feel tough
And wouldn't Maggie be pleased?
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah!

Yeah, I see no era-specific references here...

>World War II will be with us forever
The same way people are always banging on about the Thirty Years War?

Barring some weird apocalypse, it won't actually be forgotten, of course, but these things fade over time. Actually though it's true that the WW2 references are more timeless than the 80s stuff, because IIRC there's not much to identify the specific war- he doesn't mention Hitler or Tojo by name or anything.

Title track is clearly a throw away from The Wall, same for Tigers Broke Free

More like the same way people are always banging on about the Civil War, since like the Civil War, World War II was a good war.

Yeah I think Gilmour's main criticism of Waters at this time was that Waters was placing more importance on the lyrics than the music. But who knows. To me it sounds like every word and every sound was agonized over.

Sure, but that means all you were saying is 'for me and my dad the lyrics are secondary'. My point stands: unless you pay literally no attention to the lyrics, the album is clearly dateable to the 80s.

Yeah, if you're stupid and think of things in that way.

They were. Including the little ASMR lip smack sounds you can hear on The Post War Dream as he begins singing.

Ah, we've reached the brainless insult stage. Well done, user, that showed me.

>give album to any non-idiot with a reasonable general knowledge of recent history
>say 'I bet you can't date this album'
>lyrics proceed to mention Thatcher, Falklands, Brezhnev taking Afghanistan
Uh huh. Truly, they'll be stumped.

And you are probably the pettiest, most pedantic person I have ever encountered on this website.

*most petty

Attached: geeps.png (261x195, 10K)

Everything Pink Floyd did after Obscured by Clouds was sellout poprock shit and should be ignored.

And yet you shouldn't be?

Attached: pepe_wtf.jpg (1024x904, 101K)

>what are superlatives

kek

Eh, possibly true. Still, I'll take that over starting silly arguments, losing them, and graciously recognising the fact by calling the other person stupid.

Good album, anyway.

Obscured by Clouds is a comparatively weak effort next to Meddle and Dark Side.

There was no argument, you precious child.

Worst Pink Floyd opinion ever. Can't believe multiple people think this too. They were clearly low on ideas when they wrote Obscured by Clouds. It really is mediocre.

Nigga it was a soundtrack to a film

You're thinking of More. ObC was recorded in like 10 hours while they were touring. It has some beautiful moments but overall uninspired †bh.

Although I dislike More well, more

Actually scratch that, I like More more than ObC. I too got them confused keckle

Are you dumb? ObC was recorded for the film La Vallée

>Are you dumb?
I uh... yeah maybe

Attached: img-thing_a.jpg (300x600, 70K)