Why the hate?

>"she's an industry plant"
Aside from the fact that this has never been demonstrated, so what? The Beatles, Beach Boys, David Bowie, and Kate Bush were all industry plants. Does that take anything away from their musical abilities or achievements?

>"she was only signed because her parents have industry connections"
Her parents are part-time actors whose biggest roles have been bit parts in films and TV shows. Any connections they have probably had no influence on why she was signed.

>"her brother writes and produces all her material"
Almost all pop stars have ghostwriters and barely any of them produce. The fact it's only Billie and her brother writing and producing together should indicate they're miles ahead of her contemporaries.

>"her label planned her image change in order to pander to hip hop fans"
Billie is friends with several rappers and has said hip hop has a huge influence on her as an artist. Of course she's going to imitate the styles of artists she admires. Besides, it's not unusual for teens to take an interest in urban culture.

>"she's a terrible vocalist"
Anyone who tells you this simply doesn't understand the female voice. Billie's singing is excellent and her timbre is extremely pleasant to listen to. Just because she doesn't belt or sing very high or low doesn't mean she's a bad vocalist.

>"she's fake deep and fake woke"
Billie never claimed to be socially or politically conscious or "the voice of Gen Z." She's 17 for crying out loud. Since when do 17-year olds write about anything deeply profound or philosophical?

>"she has a Calvin Klein ad, that makes her a sellout"
Again, she never claimed to be counter-cultural or anti-system so how would product endorsement deals make her a "sellout?"

>"her music is boring"
If that's the case, why does she get universal acclaim as a singer-songwriter?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 8.53.18 PM.png (482x599, 524K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a9pcgTnwplE
youtube.com/watch?v=YBcdt6DsLQA
youtube.com/watch?v=HUHC9tYz8ik
youtube.com/watch?v=-lOphHxe28M
youtube.com/watch?v=BusMLlogMJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 52A5A1E0-19BD-4A8D-BE4A-FC1A3D034ACD.jpg (1145x640, 70K)

ayo dis bitch succ da chrome offya rimz mang

Attached: 1551760276712.webm (428x240, 646K)

Can you debunk anything I've said?

didn’t read a word of it gay boy

So why reply?

the hate is because she gets blatantly advertised fucking everywhere and it's annoying. and before you say, "x artist also gets advertised," that shit literally always annoys me

not just that, she's the progression of modern advertising. she's instagram influencers as a musician, and she's bleeding into every fucking facet of social media. it's annoying as fuck and i'm tired of seeing it

Can we just leave it as she's awful and might get good one day like 65% of debut albums?

Social media is the new means by how artists are promoted. That's literally what marketing teams are paid to do. Of course labels are going to help new artists get followers on social media to grow a fan base.

yes. it is inevitable. it is still FUCKING ANNOYING, and she is the current peak of it

OP, your image "Rebel With a Plan" completely contradicts this:
>Billie never claimed to be socially or politically conscious or "the voice of Gen Z."
>Again, she never claimed to be counter-cultural or anti-system

So what is she "rebelling" against? The corporate media is trying to paint her as the anti-pop star (because as we know, there is no higher-selling pop star than the anti-pop star).

shut the fuck up. if you want to cockride billy eyelash then go to instagram or reddit. get the fuck out of here.

Stop shilling her shitty music over here, you corporate cocksucker. I feel like an idiot just for reading through your retardation.

Attached: 1062.gif (480x270, 528K)

nice try interscope

So why single her out when other artists get promoted way more than she does? You can't turn on the radio without hearing Ariana or Drake.

Yes, the MEDIA is painting her as counter-cultural but Billie never claims she is. She's never stated her music is about revolt against the system.

No.

>Anyone who tells you this simply doesn't understand the female voice

I understand what it sounds like when someone can't hold a note. Pic related, her brother's actual reaction when she couldn't hold a note.

Attached: SHE'S WILTING.png (1366x768, 1.43M)

you're not making arguments. you're just repeating points that people have already responded to. you're like a broken fucking bot

it annoys me to see blatant advertising for drake or ariana grande, but i see it much more with billie eilish. she is one of the most advertised people i have ever seen, and, once again, she represents advances in advertising which annoy the shit out of me. like i said before, she is instagram influencers as a musician. and, like i said before, she is currently the peak of social media advertising. and, LIKE I SAID BEFORE, all advertising annoys me, and the more blatant and underhanded it is the more annoying it is

You have to be 18 to post

>>"her label planned her image change in order to pander to hip hop fans"
>Billie is friends with several rappers and has said hip hop has a huge influence on her as an artist. Of course she's going to imitate the styles of artists she admires. Besides, it's not unusual for teens to take an interest in urban culture.
Her music sounds like literal SoundCloud rapper beats. Only difference is she sings while they rap. You can't deny Interscope told her bro, "okay Finn, here's what's hot, you need to make your sister beats like this." All the synths, high-hats, and heavy bass are straight out of Miami SoundCloud shit. None of this was present on her first EP, so why would she and her bro rework their music to sound like this unless they were trying to cater to existing trends?

maybe people just don't like her. you ever thought of that?

When was she unable to hold a note? She's given beautiful performances before.

>she represents advances in advertising
How?

Or maybe she just admires that style? Maybe her friendships with rappers influence her?

>friendships with rappers

>friendships

Attached: Who+the+would+let+ann+coulter+of+all++_f4d26438be9439174d82330b801e3945.jpg (600x375, 38K)

her music is shit and her image is cringy

Do you even know how labels work bro? A label like Interscope isn't going to invest huge sums of money into a relatively new artist like Shillie unless they know she's going to make them an even bigger profit. The label gets the final say on the album's content. They wouldn't risk so much on someone who wasn't going to repeat what's already selling albeit in a way that looks unique.

instagram influencers. i've already said that. also advertising based on search and click preferences, as well as recording-based advertising

i just wanna say, fuck this. you can all do what you want, but controversy, amount of replies, is advertisement in itself, and this person has no substance to what they're saying. i'm done with this thread

Are you implying these relationships are sexual?

Yes, yes I am. One of those niggas was sucking her toes naked.

J I Z Z B O S S

She's a 17 year old teen, making music for teens. It's nothing to look deeply into. This isn't something we haven't seen before and this mindless hatred and ignorance is just beyond stupid.
>muh industry plant
Get over it, a lot of "artists" are plants in some way unless they came from a legit grassroots DIY background. It's nothing new, making it a point, and bringing attention to it isn't going to end her career or anything. At this point they use it as marketing and you're just playing into that shit. GROW FUCK UP.

stfu fatty, stop defending this trash
pathetic waifufags

>but this time it's different!

fuck off

Every single one of her fans needs to unironically be shot in the head.

This. If you actually dislike her just stop posting in the threads about her. Simple as

Billie is unfairly targeted by all the hate she gets. No one threw this kind of shade at artists who were much more obviously manufactured.

Get the fuck out of my face with that gay shit, this is the most manafactured artist I've ever seen.

Why are you so mad though?

Attached: di9n9Bni7.gif (825x825, 308K)

How the fuck is she manufactured if her "crew" is just her brother?

I'm not biting this, kike. You know damn well the Interscope machine is backing her. Not commenting further, I know the game you're playing jewboy.

Just because Interscope is promoting her doesn't mean they have any control over her image.

Imagine defending this. OP has brain cancer

Attached: 558A77A6-0E8A-4D31-8C37-B6F07125809B.jpg (1125x724, 506K)

They wouldn't promote her unless her image was making them money.

What is wrong with this? Your tiny racist brain can't take it? Looks like you just got cucked son

Painting Billie as a teenage whore is pretty mean.

I am convinced that at least 60% of the posts here are the op

>What is wrong with this?

she's a minor and he's an adult, i don't support babyrape

If you know so much about marketing you should have taken business classes instead working shitty dead end jobs.

>her timbre is extremely pleasant to listen to
nope

Welcome to the entertainment industry, want a cookie?

She's given a few bad performances but she's also given very good performances.

i hate her voice.

So shes inconsistent. That's a fault, not a merit.

>Or maybe she just admires that style? Maybe her friendships with rappers influence her?
We don't need a 17-year old white girl from Hollywood LARPing as a black guy from Miami Gardens.

Iggy Azalea and Post Malone aren't even as bad as she is in terms of mocking black culture and yet they took way more shit.

My tiny racist brain doesn’t like seeing retards take advantage of other retards. Fucking kill yourself

I still don't see how that makes her a bad singer.

I actually really like her stuff. She reminds of a girl I work with. Who also reminds me of Lorde.

That doesn't mean her image is manufactured. She's said TTC is her biggest influence so it makes sense she'd copy hip hop culture.

fpbp

youtube.com/watch?v=a9pcgTnwplE
She's relying increasingly on backplay.

>The Beatles, Beach Boys, David Bowie, and Kate Bush were all industry plants.

Can we kill this meme?

no, Kate Bush's parents bought her ghostwriters

sorry guys you need to find a different girl or something, this ones not interesting

She also got signed because she drank David Gilmour's cum sauce.

The gayest namefag has a shit opinion
Shocking

Because I think she's fucking boring. Your move.

source

If her music is boring why does she get such good reviews? She must be doing something right.

Shut up scrub, you ain't got shit to say.

She had a massive amount of good PR from the very start. No one believed her album would get anything lower than an 8/10 from most reviewers.

all those artists you mentioned were actually talented and brought something special to music.
listen to this shit and tell me with a straight face you're not just baiting retards on a friday night.

youtube.com/watch?v=YBcdt6DsLQA

youtube.com/watch?v=HUHC9tYz8ik

fuck you for even making me listen to that song of her's.

even if people listen to that Billie song and enjoy it, so what? she didn't write it, she didn't produce it, she barely sang on it (thank u autotune and compression)

Ironically, Billie's whisper vocals would have worked very well on that song had the production been harsher/edgier. Oh, and the chorus sounds like a nursery rhyme.

Compare:
youtube.com/watch?v=-lOphHxe28M

what is your point in this post?
are you retarded or just underage? i'm saying she's a really untalented musician and the pushback against her is really justified.

She was also caught lip syncing when she "performed" it live on Jimmy Kimmel.

Nah she's objectively not exceptional in anything but marketing value.

>The Beatles, Beach Boys, David Bowie, and Kate Bush were all industry plants. Does that take anything away from their musical abilities or achievements?
None of these artists were signed with only one song to their names. Interscope is notorious for creating industry plants and you can be sure every new artist they're pushing was signed due to 1. parents' money/connections or 2. they're easy plant material. This isn't speculation, this is fact.

>Any connections they have probably had no influence on why she was signed.
Connections are connections. It doesn't matter if the parents were only bit-part actors, they're still in the industry and know powerful people. Billie herself has even said in interviews all her biggest childhood memories were talent shows or other events with children of industry professionals.

>Almost all pop stars have ghostwriters and barely any of them produce.
Whataboutism.

>Billie is friends with several rappers and has said hip hop has a huge influence on her as an artist. Of course she's going to imitate the styles of artists she admires.
Many of those "friendships" are probably business-related. She does promotional events with them so her label can shill her to their fan bases. She wasn't always marketed as a SoundCloud rapper either. She wasn't even "part of hip hop" until like last summer when she started working with Curry and X's other buddies. It's clout-chasing.

>Billie's singing is excellent
Her live performances say otherwise.

>Billie never claimed to be socially or politically conscious or "the voice of Gen Z."
She sings about teen drug use and teen depression which are social issues, albeit does it poorly which is why "fake woke" is warranted.

>she never claimed to be counter-cultural or anti-system
Every media outlet shills her like this. Even if she doesn't claim to be, others claim it for her, which is why her ad came off as cheesy and cringey.

Billie probably has ghostwriters and ghost producers at this point too.

because i don't like her music

you stole this from a reddit post didn't you

This board actually loves Billie and wants to fuck her. They all just mask it with hate.

you know something's up with her, because even before her album was released or she had any huge singles she was already getting tons of media interviews and had big names in music like dave grohl praising her. i can't think of any artist in the past 15 years whose received that amount of fanfare that early on.

nothing says "rebel" like a top 40 pop star signed to interscope on the cover of the magazine that literally publishes the charts

this is the worst part of it all, she's marketed as "unique", "alt", "anti establishment" whatever, but it's all created by the very same establishment to profit off of discontent with the establishment. it's happened before, it'll happen again, and i hate it in every iteration.

Based. Billie Eilish being terrible is a myth, like lactose intolerance.

Attacking her for changing her image is pretty stupid though. A lot of musicians "change their image" at some point. Others have side of solo projects which sound nothing like the music they regularly make. Maybe Billie does love hip hop and did change her style of dress once she befriended X and his friends. South Florida Sound Clout culture is pretty much everywhere these days. Doesn't mean it's some kind of marketing gimmick.

i've heard her music and it is legitimately dogshit
i'd rather listen to fucking britney spears
billie eilish is legitimately the worst pop star i've heard in my life

Protip: 95% of artists who change their image do so to sell more records.

But Billie's musical style didn't change. Only her way of dressing did. And who is to say it didn't happen organically?

because i'm tired of seeing her shilled everywhere. i'm tired of media telling me i need to think highly of her when she's just edgy ariana and can't even sing as well as ari. i'm tired of seeing her all over social media. i'm tired of hearing that she's changing the face of pop music when she's just lorde + soundcloud rap.

Shut the fuck up.

The cringiest thing you can do is even say "Billie"

You're all faggots who listen to fake music

You're upset.

All labels want to sign someone very early in their career so they don't miss out on potential. That's just business. Interscope just happens to be better at raking in promising talents than other labels.

Why does this gif always make me wet?

That's not even her.

Exactly.

>Aside from the fact that this has never been demonstrated, so what? The Beatles, Beach Boys, David Bowie, and Kate Bush were all industry plants. Does that take anything away from their musical abilities or achievements?
why does she say she isnt one?

lmfao how does her music sound anything like SoundCloud rap?

People keep hurling these accusations at her without evidence so of course she's going to deny them.

>People keep hurling these accusations at her without evidence so of course she's going to deny them.
So you're going with the angle that she isn't one? Ok shill.

It's not that she's a plant, it's that she and everyone praising her deny she's a plant. I wouldn't care if she was billed as just another pop star, but when you see hyperboles ascribed to her like "Shillie is deconstructing and subverting the VERY FOUNDATIONS of pop music" you can see why the skepticism is justified.

>Since when do 17-year olds write about anything deeply profound or philosophical?
Since always because they're stupid and think they know everything. All of tumblr contradicts what you're saying.
>The fact it's only Billie and her brother writing and producing together should indicate they're miles ahead of her contemporaries.
Or it just indicates that maybe pop music nowadays is best made as a collaborative effort with a group of people since she's made nothing good.
> Billie's singing is excellent and her timbre is extremely pleasant to listen to.
It's wispy and annoying
>why does she get universal acclaim as a singer-songwriter?
Because sometimes people are just fucking wrong.

I wouldn't have given this attention if I was more sober.

Attached: 1518975271952.jpg (499x338, 33K)

Well what is an industry plant then? All the definitions are flaky.

That's just marketing idiot. You can't marketing Billie as a sex kitten so you're going to promote her strengths which happen to be introspection and unconventional attitude.

>Well what is an industry plant then? All the definitions are flaky.
When did she announce her first deal? Who signed her and how many projects did she have out before then?

>lmfao how does her music sound anything like SoundCloud rap?
Listen to this instrumental from the SoundCloud Golden Age:
youtube.com/watch?v=BusMLlogMJs

Now tell me the beats/production on Billie's album sound nothing like a watered-down/sugary version of that with a straight face.

Not him but I can easily answer that:
>walked into brother's bedroom, recorded the vocals for a song her brother already wrote
>previously had only a handful of songs on SoundCloud
>song blew up on SC due to parents' industry connections
>signed to Darkroom which is a part of Interscope known for "training" new artists with very little previous experience

To her credit she was a member of the LA Children's Choir and was a professional youth dancer.

>industry connections
and maybe sm.zeus lmao

Stop talking about this untalented whore

We expose her by talking about her.

Yea Forums, a board supposedly for adults, having explosive arguments over some teen starlet who will fade into semi-obscurity-hey-remember-that-one-artist fame in a few years. I would ask how many people here are underage, but most of you are probably children in your undeveloped minds even if you reached your mid 20's already.

Her music and image is obviously pandering to young teens and I'm 23.
I find her songs to be boring, dull and unnecessarily edgy.

>”her music isn’t like conventional pop”
>her music is literally conventional pop just with more trap production and edgier lyrics about how she’s super super suicidal

Promoting her as the zoomer Bjork makes even less sense than promoting her as a sexy doll.

liking billie eilish is like liking WWE, its not wrong, but just because you like doesn't change the fact that its fake as fuck

>also pick related is her real songwriter

Attached: 44390069_1371792176289387_3265588034581561344_n.jpg (960x960, 98K)

fpbp
not reading any of this shit fuck bucky lassek & her lofi chill beats. nobody likes this music bro reroll with another one

He's just sharing a drink. Y'all don't do this with your friends? It's normal shit

shut the fuk up

Faggot

. .
. .

So much this.

they hate her because she fucks black men

Attached: 1546386021071.jpg (1116x1098, 240K)

>118 / 10 / 38 / 7
>38 posters
lol

Attached: BEvsAL.jpg (736x736, 100K)