Stop listening to Animal Collective

Stop listening to Animal Collective

Attached: stop.jpg (932x932, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

acclaimedmusic.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3718
ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?action=showall&boardid=41&threadid=22105
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why? I'm not going to watch this dickweed's videos to find out

Attached: 6D0CFFB1-0AB4-4565-A514-0A36010E4691.png (500x500, 235K)

done

Chris Ott's top 100 albums of the 90s

Attached: Chris Ott Top 100 albums of the 90s (in order, L to R).png (3834x2800, 3.01M)

rage against the machine? seriously?

tigermilk??
really ott?
lmao

pretty sure he clarified on his askfm that most of the list was bullshit. he's not much of an album guy iirc.

acclaimedmusic.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3718

No that was him in the forum.

ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?action=showall&boardid=41&threadid=22105

Ned Raggett is a critic that worked for allmusic (print edition) for several years, i think even before pitchfork even started.

John Darnielle from Mountain Goats is also in the thread.

Start listening to WHAM!

Attached: ott.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

start listening to duran duran and culture club

so glad these fagboys are irrelevant now

>2003

Jesus.. Also why does Ott keep deleting his videos. Why does he keep pulling this disappearing act? He's literally the only music critic I enjoy listening to.

He's being stalked by you kids!

But I miss him.

no fuck you

Here's my thoughts.
I'm younger than him but I know what it was like to live in that period and how many awesome bands there where, and now they are mostly forgotten. There are very few Beatles or Smiths-type bands that can survive decades after they end. Pretty much every indie band from then is dead. They wont be remembered. Music has moved on.
I think Ott doesnt want to keep up the charade of bring indie rock back to the masses.
You kids have your own tastes.

But here's my chart, I have better taste that Ott, check it.

Attached: 90s indie rock and 90s college radio rotation chart.jpg (3834x2800, 1.62M)

Bro this is Ott's list, just re-arranged. And that's stupid. There will always be kids who will want to know about the history of indie. The rest of them are trap loving zoomer normies who don't belong in this thread anyways.

90s uk indie is underrated, at least happy mondays and such

no fuck off fatty

>I think Ott doesnt want to keep up the charade of bring indie rock back to the masses.
i think the trajectory of ott, his personal timeline, is the one of the great tragedies of music criticism and music in general.

he quits (or gets fired or stops writing for) pitchfork and what does he do? instead of using his clout as "one of the great pitchfork writers" to start his own blog and take over the conversation, he instead becomes a simple forum persona. i love ott and have known him closed to 17 years (at least through the internet). i always felt that he should have done more with his notoriety.

and the saddest thing is that i think he feels the same way too. hence the late stage "trying to make music critic videos" and deleting them. he should have already been doing shallow rewards starting in 2004.

damn

he's 40 something years old and has a day job and family. i think the last thing he wants is to become a meme

whats his deal with ween, bungle and primus again?

i mean when i first started reading "gorilla vs bear" in 2009 (i think). the guy who started that blog was called "chris". for a year or so i thought that "chris" was "chris ott" and ott had finally started his own blog and was covering music as he should have.

i was so disappointed when i found out that it wasn't him and that the real chris was literally doing nothing with his talent.

he respects primus though

I'd give anything to be able to articulate my thoughts as effortlessly as Ott. I love just hearing him rant in his videos about shit. Easily the best writer p4k ever had, and a modern day Lester Bangs imo.

to be fair to chris though, he did turn me and a lot of those myspace scene kids (my generation) on to interpol and a lot of other bands during the forum heyday of the early aughts. it's just that he could have done more afterwards

so he respects them just doesnt enjoy them
whats different with ween and bungle

what's he think of the replacements?

>respects primus
>doesn't like anco
ott is deeply based, but he's also a retard

fuck off soyy collective fanboy

anco atleast makes sense within the context of their music.
primus is massive cringe regardless.

anyone who thinks ott is any kind of intellectual is a dumbass but i will give the man credit for fueling sam ray's hilarious twitter meltdown the other day

who the fuck says any pop music critic is an "intellectual"

>sam ray
lmao this dude always rages on twitter, what'd he say this time

i used to love teen suicide too idk what i was thinking then

he literally got pleb-filtered by vampire weekend multiple times. how people can blindly keep sucking his dick is hilarious. there's numerous other genuinely stupid things he's said, like that deerhunter should know their place in the industry as "just a shitty insignificant indie band".
it's just retards being contrarian, like the scaruffi shills, but atleast that's half-sarcastic.

not an intellectual, really different taste to my own, and his more reddit fanbase that he picked up after the fantano interview is pretty cringy, but he is consistently 1000% right about the way that most of the shit Yea Forums happily eats out of pitchfork's asshole like a bunch of links in a human centipede is entirely manufactured by major international commercial entities

>vampire weekend
>pleb filter
Lmao
It's Paul Simon for millennial college kids

no one here takes pitchfork seriously anymore. the fuck are you talking about.

look around, do you know where you are

sam posted about how racism is bad and ott replied with something along the lines of "incredibly brave sam your trophys in the mail" and he went on a giant rant about how ott is a terrible person who tormented his wife and him with ~harrassment~ for years or some shit it was great i cant post it because i was at work at the time and the thread was deleted within like half an hour

>pleb filtered
>by vampire weekend
i don't think you know what pleb filtering is, user. but that's probably because you have yourself been pleb filtered

haha that's gold

>there's numerous other genuinely stupid things he's said, like that deerhunter should know their place in the industry as "just a shitty insignificant indie band".
that's correct though