stringtensuonpro.com/
>Music theory:
masictheory.net/lessuns
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
fradua.com/guitar_craftpeidia_en.html
youtube.com/chainel/UCXU3GYv5yEzuPePqXOiBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPagis/Luthier/Tachnique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhf!5nEaeUD8xQYO8ipUopViqw

Attached: somedirtyfatmeme.jpg (726x968, 431K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stringbassonline.com//etudes.htm
songsterr.com/a/wsa/carcass-heartwork-b-tuning-tab-s394602t0
vocaroo.com/i/s02CvrIkZgRf
youtu.be/ThQaYNXXL4Y
genius.com/Grant-macdonald-ram-ranch-69-lyrics
genius.com/Grant-macdonald-ram-ranch-lyrics
genius.com/Genius-romanizations-houkago-tea-time-fuwa-fuwa-time-romanized-lyrics
songsterr.com/a/wsa/k-on-fuwa-fuwa-time-tab-s450045t1
vocaroo.com/i/s1iuLZWyi5TA
youtu.be/tgzYNKdkfIg
youtu.be/huKwlgKmj5A
youtu.be/EJrRwTTqm0o
youtu.be/Q1AL2V02oTw
youtu.be/pmeVwYojB-s
youtu.be/AFwymEK72do
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ik9qECIWgc
bellforestproducts.com/bocote/
youtube.com/watch?v=naktUDBaHuw
youtu.be/ewZMCHF8bYE
instaud.io/3H2f
youtube.com/watch?v=MKqj4SPKBFw&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=AKppUavgBaI&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=Nu2zNMsbH7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=sqZN2ExyNF8
vocaroo.com/i/s0Cjl2oXq85l
youtube.com/watch?v=hurQgJXtpKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>taxy
Hahahhahahahahha fucking peasant

first for jhs pedals who support lgbt rights

stringbassonline.com//etudes.htm
Etudes are good for warming up on bass if you can read standard notation

First one is definetly more interesting than runing scales, thanks.

I bought a Revstar 620 for $600 after tax from Amazon and after learning how to play a little I noticed that the bass E-string is prone to causing the bridge to rattle and the A-string seems to have a little bit of fret buzz.
Am I just playing it wrong or is this an issue and I should get amazon to replace it?

Make sure nothing's loose. If you play an E on the A or D string does it rattle as well but not as bad?

My rule is just dont buy any instruments without having played them first

Why are you buying gear instead of investing in lessons? It’s because you’re stupid.

I just checked it closely, it does a very slight rattle....
After I tighetened the E string a lot, it stopped rattling, but it's really out of tune with A440 like this.

Bad bait, think on it a little and you can make it more exciting. Something that really gets the blood flowing.

I hate this personality

I had a feeling this was bait.

HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE A FILTHY DEGENERATE TONIGHT; DIDNT TAKE IT.
IM PROUD OF MYSELF /GG/

So you aren’t taking lessons?

Probably just needs a little adjusting and a setup.
The thing has traveled halfway around the world on a boat, of course it will need adjusting.
Your problem is, you bought your guitar online rather than at an actual store where they could give it a once over before leaving the store.

>proud of himself on the internet
>regretting it intensely IRL

>doubles down on shit bait
Let me give you a suggestion. What if you said
>he takes his lessons from YouTube
It would be more relevant to your demographic. Gut gud or just give it up. It doesnt seem like youre cut for this faggot

Poser, you gotta fuck your life up every chance you get if you want to make it

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x703, 122K)

So youre telling me i should go gamble drink do blow and hang around with women i know i shouldnt? Because i can still make the call.

Figures fag lovers would rip off calculator-tier circuitry from other companies and try and sell it for $100+ because it's quirky and indie

Waiting for the

>nu-tube
>effeminatemanmakingthatbabygoogoogagaface.jpg

Memes

No one cares about this amp it's uninteresting.

FFS go live a little

a pocket calculator's circuit is more several times more complex and a good bit more expensive than your average fuzz/boost/OD/delay/etc pedal and they still manage to sell them for $5 at wal-mart

Attached: heh.jpg (480x480, 25K)

Oh god please tell me this is jcum

Haven't checked it out?

This, honestly. You blow your load too quick if you start insulting them with the first post. Direct insults rarely work on the internet anyways, you gotta imply negative ideas with things that they may be self concious about.

Dean gang

Attached: 20190322_213111.jpg (4160x2080, 3.55M)

I think the vox tone is terrible

Thing is its nothing new to me. Just decided not to and it felt good. Do i want to fucking party? Fuck yeah. Do i want to be a better person for myself and a much more mature citizen? Even much more so.

>songsterr plus ad gets in the way, making it impossible to see the next bars before it scrolls
>neither adblock or ublock get rid of it
who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
songsterr.com/a/wsa/carcass-heartwork-b-tuning-tab-s394602t0

So you haven't checked it out?

FUCK YEAH

Attached: evolution-of-electric-guitar_5240158468cbd_w1500.jpg (1500x6282, 1.1M)

How much are you paying for lessons?

>he pays for lessons.
You still dont get it do you
ANYWAYS WHERES THE MACACO IMMA SING NOW LOL

DEAN GANG GANG

Attached: CC4C3883-FA36-4A8D-9E43-35BF519E8354.jpg (1065x1550, 1.08M)

Attached: 20190409_163717.jpg (1327x3676, 2.45M)

Attached: My-Halo-Custom-Guitar (2).jpg (995x420, 45K)

dean makes good guitars

I got a free acoustic once for being left handed, they were gonna donate it to some pawn shop since nobody else could play it. It's action is insanely high, but it plays nice and sounds good, plus it plugs into amps and has a built in tuner

fuck off randy bobandy

i don't actually give a fuck about braindead people who think you can change your gender but its fun to say that because you know it gets chapocels all riled up because they say he didn't apologize enough. also i play mainly metal so yea most of his stuff doesnt appeal to me

OOOOHHH BOOOI HERES A SPICY ONE
vocaroo.com/i/s02CvrIkZgRf

>Your problem is, you bought your guitar online rather than at an actual store where they could give it a once over before leaving the store.
It's so far away though. I guess I can ask Amazon for options.
What did I do wrong?

Guitar center won't do that however

You were too detailed in your bait.

I can take a photo of my guitar with a time stamp if you don't believe me.

I played it a bit more, the rattle only seems to really happen on the open low E and it's very slightly.

You didn't pretend to be retarded enough.

This

GIVE ME A SONG TO SING

But I'm serious. Is rattle normal or something?

FUCK OFF

Key giveaway at this point is you could have completely troubleshot at this point using google.

You bought a plastic interface instead of lessons that you so desperately need.

OK can you "pretend" that I'm a retard for a second and give me a link. I swear I'll hang myself with guitar wire at the rate I'm getting frustrated. Ready to return it to Amazon and buy a shitty guitar instead like the Fender Telecaster or something.

I already told you i needed the extra 10 to get some whoopy from your mom

>he’s still attention posting

See

>using criticism on bait as bait itself
that's an advanced technique there, very meta

Attached: DjxCSDCW4AMmRBA.jpg (500x649, 55K)

youtu.be/ThQaYNXXL4Y

Attached: IMG_20190517_214207.jpg (2730x4095, 1.87M)

We don't have Guitar Center in Australia, so i didn't know that.

The stores in my area will always check over any instrument they sell, no matter how cheap.

When I bought my Martin D18 last year they had already checked it before it went on show, restrung it when I payed for it and told me to bring it back in after a week or two and they would make any adjustments for me.

One store in my are will do that but they have a selection of maybe 20 guitars.

OK I get it, the action may be too slow. It went away because I tightened the string, proving that the bridge is fine otherwise.
How do I lower the bridge? Am I going to break this thing. I'm retarded when it comes to guitars but I'm trying to learn.

genius.com/Grant-macdonald-ram-ranch-69-lyrics

We got sum big bois

Attached: anyway-heres-wonderwall-strum-stru-heh-dog-has-guitar-14370848.png (500x437, 121K)

Youtube is your friend

Thanks for the projection post but how bout a song we all know?

genius.com/Grant-macdonald-ram-ranch-lyrics

All of Me by John Legend

Closer but admittedly im not a legend fan. Any standard rock n roll will do. What would you sing drunk?

genius.com/Genius-romanizations-houkago-tea-time-fuwa-fuwa-time-romanized-lyrics

don't forget the tab

songsterr.com/a/wsa/k-on-fuwa-fuwa-time-tab-s450045t1

Attached: yooi.gif (344x344, 236K)

>he's never heard of Ram Ranch

Attached: 1510796307451.gif (128x128, 32K)

damn yui is the next curt kobain for sure

vocaroo.com/i/s1iuLZWyi5TA

This isn't fuwa fuwa time

>What would you sing drunk?
If I'm completely shitfaced I do this because it gives my neighbors anothrr reason not to talk to me after I get off work. youtu.be/tgzYNKdkfIg

I don't know, if you want something rock that shows off singing more than guitar try something by journey or boston. If you got some dirt in your voice try seger.

Please translate

Attached: ba4eb9b409adfbe4c861826711724196.jpg (640x960, 75K)

Since guitar is turning us all gay, you guys lurk trap threads too, right? Have you noticed how many of them have guitars and other instruments in their rooms? There must be an all-trap band out there somewhere. Somebody link something

Thats some fucking lame ass punk.

Toys That Kill are hardly punk.

Its just part of the mental disease and the obssesive use of physical items and aesthetics to create a false personality they are more comfortable with.
See buffalo bill in silence of the lambs

Ok then we are on the same page. I dont like the singer though

Attached: IMG_20190106_202837.jpg (1536x2048, 464K)

I'd assume that every edgy teen owns a guitar even if they don't play it.

I don't think anyone really does, but he's part of the sound. They have a lot of energy live though.

Attached: 60347008_10215965529904660_2117681097566322688_n.jpg (341x960, 47K)

they should look like this for accuracy

Attached: 2014Slowdive_Press_290114-1.jpg (900x600, 124K)

nah dude I'm into big buffmen with fat cocks

wtf that's big gay, guitar has only turned me little gay

The guy on the dsr right looks like a straight dumbfuck lmfao. Holy hell why are people so stupid.

What's up Sam?

literally who

Attached: 55680203_2164493910296560_3370992858512228352_n.jpg (480x650, 29K)

Exactly

I was playing a guitar at a guitar center, just some of the two things I can do on a guitar, and this woman comes up and is like u sound great can u play at my house tomorrow, I’ll pay you 150 for an hour. And I’m like. Of course. I’d love to.

I don’t fucking play guitar. I don’t even own a guitar. I’m going to rent that guitar and an amp and I’m going to play I don’t fucking know for this hour. I’ve never “gigged”, let alone a solo gig.

I was playing how high the moon and she texts me saying her family loves rock and country. God help me what do

Attached: 0822C626-FBCE-4BAC-B643-045A76B96376.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Hire an actual guitarist for $75 an hour off of craigslist, "manage him" for the night

10/10

>schecter turns women on
>jackson bores them
>ibanez pleasures them
>dean subjects them to felony domestic abuse

Seems about right

BC rich heastock looks like Dean's edgy 14 year old phase

Attached: bc rich.png (699x300, 540K)

This is better.

Its called rape. Dean proudly subjects women to rape.

They do the same thing to our ears.

T. Woman

Be on the lookout for human traffickers, my friend

T. Chauvinist pi/gg/

t. everyone with ears

That'd be so cool, I don't think I've shitposted with a sex slave before.

yeah, you're gonna get AIDS semen in your nostrils if you're stupid enough to go anywhere for the promise of easy money

GUGAY IS TURNING YOU ITAR

Ever see Dinner for Schmucks?

It’s in the afternoon at a residential neighborhood, not ghetto, but not nice either.
the thought did cross my mind. How can I stay safe? Predial 911? I don’t have any friends

Sam, I know you're going to try and post your "music" and I just want you to know that it sounds bad and you shouldn't post it.

Yes, call 911, tell them you met a nice lady but you know she's luring you to her house so she can put you in a box to ship you to saudi arabia and you're still going.

It's fun to shit on Sam but I actually enjoy some his stuff. Won't keep me from shitting harder next time.

I mean I’m white blonde n blue and she’s totally Indian and was insistent about feeding me and how Her family won’t let me leave until I eat. They’re gonna spike the food aren’t they

Are you in the US?

I realized you said 911 and guitar center.

Actually that makes more sense. If they're straight off the boat they're probably trying to embrace American culture and guitar is a big part of that. They're probably winning bonus points because they actually have an american playing american music. Indian food is great, eating as a group is big in their culture. Besides very few people in india could afford an aryan boy.

Cali in an area with a trafficking problem actually. 80% Mexican here but this woman’s Indian. I’ll have a family member stop by half way through and sit outside n call me and Mid performance. It’s only an hour

Truth be told I’m a trained musician, but no guitarist. I was hoping for easy song recommendations. I think I’ll brush off stairway and learn like purple haze and shit. Ill bring my keyboard for Some free time, but she wants guitar... so

Fleetwood Mac, House of the Rising Sun, if you can do Don't Stop Believing with the piano and singing do that. Learn some 3 chord folk songs, bring a stand to read lyrics off your phone. All along the watch tower instead of purple haze if you can sing, requires a lot less work if you do it dylan's way.

Fuwa Fuwa time

Tell them it's a traditional chinese rock song you learned from beijing's own version of the beatles

Stupid advice

"No"

WERE ABOUT TO GET BLASTED COCKSUCKAS

Did you give into the nose candy?

No he just needs attention :( so lonely

Just keep playing wonderwall until they ask you to leave

>tfw frontman of band watched "the dirt" and now thinks it's cool to go on tons of coke binges and always be drunk

youtu.be/huKwlgKmj5A

You should follow suit.

Most of us are in one way or another, even you're here trying to get a rise out of somebody you wouldn't even recognize on the street.

No way lamo, drugs aren't cool they just turn people into thieves and bums

But youre already the latter without any

Dont hit that nigga wit da troof its too much

But I'm not, you don't know me
What's your deal, user

I want to upgrade from my 50 dollars electric guitar but my wagey job doesn't make me enough money...

Good shit
youtu.be/EJrRwTTqm0o

Youre the one being judgemental whats your deal?

Get a better job or steal some shit.

I raise you '88
youtu.be/Q1AL2V02oTw

This should become dru/gg/ so we can show niggas with squiers how to get american pros.

Never heard that cut before, dudes hilarious
youtu.be/pmeVwYojB-s

>This should become dru/gg/ so we can show ni/gg/as with squiers how to get american pros.
Ftfy

Only difference between MIM and MIA is what side of the border the Mexicans are on.

American Pro Gibsons sure

>play metal riffs and shred for a decade
>>feels fun and cool but nothing else
>play around with clean tone and some reverb layering stuff
>>feels intense and emotionally gratifying like metal never has

Huh. Maybe metal is just for kids.

nah metal is for 30 year old boomers

you just discovered teenager music and it resonated with you

Metal sucks

Music sucks

bru whats with the attitude

Play metal riffs with clean tone and reverb
Shit bricks

No tude my dude, juss fax

>play metal
no thx

This but after years of playing shoegazey hipster bullshit and country licks with a pedalboard that costed more than my guitar I finally plugged straight into the amp, cranked the gain, scooped the mids, and discovered the joys of NA
NA NA NAAAAAAAAAA
NANA NA NANA NA NANA NA
NA NA NAAAAA

Attached: QgEq2np.png (1366x768, 656K)

>costed

if i'm switching pickups should i desolder at the pots or just clip the wires and splice them with the new pickup's leads

would using connectors for future replacement degrade the tone somehow

1. Desolder at terminals always
2. It would hurt your "toan" at all unless the cinnectors rust/oxidize to a point that signal starts dropping out or for some reason the connecotrs have some ridiculously high capacitance. Even spade connectors would probably work fine.

Fun fact i dont hate johnny cash but i cant get into his music.
The foreman is also the difference. At the end of the day workers are workers regardless of skin color. Its up to a good foreman to direct the sheep to do a good job everytime. Incidentally i predict mexican ebony will be more popular in the next 10 years on fretboards.

reminder that pau ferro > maple and is a nice looking wood

What's wrong with just splicing the wires?

T. Larper. Metal can be very fluid. For example a heavy rhythm riff followed by a soulful solo
youtu.be/AFwymEK72do

Functionally nothing if you do it right. Just a best practice, you have one less point of failure and retain the length of the wires so the original pickups can be more easily reused.

Usually when you say this you post the kind of metal where the guy stands still and doesn't blatantly hold his guitar like a penis replacement

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ik9qECIWgc

Me either really, but I always get a laugh out of that one. It was just a joke that's older than the internet, anyone can be shitty. I wouldn't be surprised to see that, I could see a lot of now cheap "exotic" becoming the norm. Meanwhile the drones will bitch that they don't sound as good. This will open a market for manufacturers to overcharge for using the same materials they've been using for years because of tradition.

If youre doing that you nay want to look into an electrical overhaul so ypu can start on fresh metal. Also get alligator clips

Names coming on just so i can help

Mexican ebony has a very low black wood ratio but it is acceptably handsome nonetheless. Theres a wood ive been trying to id for years that grows in sinaloa mexico that i know would be great fretboard material. Its ultra hard almost looks like petrified wood and has a sweet intoxicating incense almost pine like smell that no other wood ive come across is as pungent. My grandpa calls it Okotl/okote/

A small sliver of this wood can be enough to start a large fire as it is naturally oily and stays on fire easily. A 2x2 inch piece can become hot enough to start an oversized campfire

Attached: 1558165310.jpg (2560x1920, 2.31M)

What are you trying to convey? This is the second picture in this pose but with different lighting seen of this case.

Anyways quarter sawn mexican camatillo (Kingwood) is the future for fretboards pic rel flat sawn camatillo

Attached: kingwood.jpg (640x640, 218K)

Attached: 1558165580.jpg (2560x1920, 2.01M)

I'll see if I can dig something up. Might as well grab a sample and have someone mill it for you. Unless you have access to a bandsaw with a fence.

Attached: cce (1).jpg (500x661, 47K)

bellforestproducts.com/bocote/
Is it this? I think it's similar to cocobolo as well, same family if I'm bot mistaken.

dang pau ferro looks like sex
You still buy MAPLE in 2019? hahaha

Does /gg/ like G&L? Thinking about buying an ASAT Special.

ESP Snapper

I don't want an S-Type.

I'm enjpoying anime gorillaz so far but girls aside the guitar tone is good. How do I get this poppin guitar tone? Especially the stuff around the one minute mark.

youtube.com/watch?v=naktUDBaHuw

Does my guitar have to look like a star? Does my hair have to look like a star? Are they pulling metallica layering tricks? Is there a boutique japanese pedal you need to buy?

Also I'd fuck everyone but the bassist

>I'd fuck everyone but the bassist
that's what they all say

She's got nothing going on man

do you guys feel anything when you play guitar?

I play bass because I like it but honestly I can’t feel anything now when I play guitar?

my left wrist hurts a bit and i get a kink in my neck after an hour

My fretting hand hurts and I feel angry about shit the neck feels

i feel this retarded hump right where the headstock and neck meets that i'm not used to

schecter: there's nothing interesting below the 12th fret

does not djent/10

so I can assume that’s a no other than actual injuries
how do you not feel robotic when you play? must be because bass is percussive I guess

>bass players
>capable of even the driest humor

Yo check this one out
youtu.be/ewZMCHF8bYE

if I only listen to bedroom pop music which is mostly guitar effects and basslines, should I just learn bass since the whole guitar part is 99% effects?

I have always believed that the quality of Japanese media decreases proportional to the increase of crazy hair colors.

I'm still right.

Is there any other guitar that comes even close to being as based as the Fender Telecaster and Fender Stratocaster?

Attached: 1557838412087.jpg (437x800, 40K)

Attached: daim.jpg (480x650, 54K)

HHW really is the lowest tier band in Bang Dream but that song is absolutely their best

just got myself a shawbucker strat

no regerts boys

Attached: img_1729_1.jpg (1000x636, 220K)

No, the Tele is uncontested #1.
I like the sound of SG’s but I’d never play one.

>watching an ad for ESP

Bang Dream more like Band Wagon. I don't think this crap will stand the test of time. In the end, you can't beat the classics.

Only a Gibson is good enough.

Attached: k-on6-2.jpg (602x338, 84K)

>watching an ad for Gibson

>Watching the ad for Gibson, Fender and AKG instead
They're both shit, at least K-On had the grace to end before they made a cel-shaded shit.

except gibson, fender, and AKG are shit while ESP is good

>Brand fanboy
You can fuck right off too.

>>>>

Attached: The_Grand_Night_Sky_T.png (1334x1002, 549K)

american guitar brands make a name for themselves in the middle to upper ranges, set peoples expectations, and stick to it so when you buy fender you get a fender instead of a fender branded guitar that could be exactly like some random ibanez or practically identical to a gibson les paul. and when they change they change very gradually and still keep it as close to what you'd expect from that brand as they can. why would fender make an extreme departure from their signature look and feel? to maybe, maybe not poach a few customers from another company?

because of that, fanboyism and hate for them is justified. ESP is pretty based though because instead of basing their image off a body style and a neck attachment method they make everything under the sun and just make sure they do it well, so their trademark is quality.

Basing your brand image off quality is risky business. All it takes is one bad guitar to make someone never want to buy from you again. Meanwhile gibson makes thousands of bad guitars and people still keep coming back just to get an authentic les paul.

Bad form

>le Gibson is bad echo chamber

What would be a good fuzz/overdrive/distortion pedal for bass? I specifically want a kind of late 60's/70's type of distorted bass sound. Any tips?

Attached: preview_1.jpg (600x600, 52K)

John Wetton ere King Crimson would be a good guide line for what I'm looking for

Attached: red.jpg (300x300, 11K)

>I specifically want a kind of late 60's/70's type of distorted bass sound.
So you want to sound like Chris Squire? Get a Maestro Fuzz Tone clone.

Wetton just cranked his amps up with a p-bass as far as I know. Squire split the output of his rick into stereo and put fuzz on one. That's pretty much the definition of that sound you're looking for.

Thanks for the help lads! I think Wetton used some sort of off brand fuzz-wah as well.

best to worst?

Attached: 391AA966-00A5-48BA-B848-5A009558A99B.jpg (2048x2048, 774K)

Butterscotch is easily the nicest looking of them followed by arctic white with maple fretboard and lastly arctic white with rosewood fretboard

gz man. enjoy it

that’s odd, I’m not a fan of the butterscotch and I think it’s because the pickguard is too white for me desu

and bass? (Imagine a white and ignore the type of basses)

Attached: 72A8617A-F8D7-4FB1-A702-783F5EF13041.jpg (2048x2048, 822K)

Whoopsie. Meant to say cream. Would probably go with the same color to the bass as well, but I really love that color

Return it and never buy from Amazon again. Sweetwater will at least inspect and setup the guitar before shipping it.

1>3>2

1>2>3

I suck at picking fast between the E and A string and I've always used 10-52s. Will I get good if I buy 46?

Nope. Just need to practice

I always found picking fast to be easier on strings with higher tension, ie thicker. 10-46 won't speed you up, it'll make bends easier is all.

fuk

I dunno if it's tension or if the string is just to thick for my precision. Like if I play this there's always some noise around the E string notes. If I move everything up one string it sounds alright.

Attached: huidgfhuidfhigdgf.jpg (800x347, 46K)

For me, it's the GHS Boomers Dave Gilmour edition.

You need to mute strings that you don't play

you mean like alternating between e and a?

5 7 8
0 0 0

something alone those lines?

Lol lonely faggots trying to project their shit on me. How was sitting on the computer hitting refresh on 4channel last night?

1/2

>be me
>late teen and neet
>want so bad to be a good dadrocker
>listen to dadrock all day along with guitar videos on YT, all with a guitar in hands and noodling along, then started to work more on technique
>used to come up with some riffs with noodling and saved them
>get quite good at it, then realize i'm good enough and these guys are mostly druggies with average theory knowledge and technique
>stop learning songs because of that and of bad musicians' influences
>decide i'll make a metal album on the joy of my neetdom
>tendon pains (they're many) get too bad and can't play at all for an year
>dedicate my time to developing the ear for pitch and freeing myself from scale shapes and 12bar chords and start learning to sing as a consequence
>realize it doesnt matter much in rocknroll if i'm not a master at progressions out of 12bar blues, and keep further in the laziness spiral
>get an stressing job but that allows me free time in it (albeit while stressed)
>learn some contryside latin genres, funk and other crazy stuff, learn bass, realize i'm doing bass things on guitar with funky rhythms
>holy fuck my brain is on heaven
>do nothing with it
>my head is so freer now and i come up with original melodies, chords and riffs at this point, but it all feels like a breeze from the natural state of my mind, instead of "a thing that i have", and because of that don't record anything as i used to

Attached: 1468239563969.jpg (680x585, 74K)

i think i just took the holdsworth pill guys. gonna start practicing my cluster chords and buy a headless kiesel now

>Google says that's guy from Meshuggah
>it's clearly the guy from Scar Symmetry

2/2

>get paralyzed with my super sweaty hands and the fact that i buy strings with the money that costs my health, and don't play electric anymore; decide i'll leave it for recordings and gigging only but even stop recording at some point to save strings
>i got the job with the mentality of using it as means to keep me phisically active, showering everyday and mainly for social adjustment and practice, but end up getting caged in a nice boy persona and it starts fucking with my mind and i feel scared to play electric guitar at home these days (but that's also summed with abusive siblings)
>along with ear training, also been putting an effort on developing composition and wordy-thinking skills in my brain, and start coming up with phrases and ideas about life but still afraid and demotivated to write them down and try to make lyrics with them
>want to improve my writing and vocabulary but feel the social persona is dominating me and i dont feel that old openness and inclination to learning new words and a sophisticated vocabulary
>weekend comes and i feel a bit of peace and relaxation
>want to use my time to work on composition and recording but i'm depressed and can't come up with cool stuff, feel down low creativity, the things that i think at work are all gone and i cant think of shit (or am mentally blocked by the home's feel)
>end up shitposting and listening to music
>repeat weekly cycle forever

Attached: 1495336357950.jpg (960x720, 99K)

also
>feel like i lost my sense of musical direction and connection with reality on the process of isolation and learning too much different genres and breaking theory rules in favor to my own sense - it worked but then with hiatus of practice i lost my intuitions AND theory

When I found out that he knew upwards of 15000 scales I realized how fucking bad I was at guitar

i just watched his instructional video and he seemed to not really give a shit about scales. he even has his own names for them and stuff. truly a supreme autist. gonna try to be like him desu

sick blog gaylord.

having a job makes you limited to not becoming a top musician because you don't have many daily hours to get into flow state with the instrument, doesnt it?

thanks

PRS SE Standard 24 or ESP LTD MH-203QM?

Good luck. Hes been my main inspiration for years. His daughters are currently working with some musicians to release his 'phonebook from hell' which contained all of the study materials he worked on and they're building a documentary on him that examines his composition and other musicianship

Depends. At my job I have the option of studying theory and other shit on my computer and watching YT vids on my 3rd monitor. But not everyone has it this well off

In theory yes. But i find it's more i have no motivation to pick up my guitars after work. Plenty of time.

PRS

>paul reed shit

I can do that on my job too (have free time and a smartphone, but not a computer) but all while constantly stressed with having to look if a customer arrived and having loud car noise from the street on my head

Yes, that also

Why is that stressful? Sound pretty laid back. Do you have to worry about people robbing the pet store?

I believe I don't but my boss keeps telling me that. And I got robbed once with a gun pointed to me by a favela nigger (but managed to pretend I have no smartphone so he only took the shop's money)

The car noise is nonstop like you can't believe. I use construction earplugs but I can't have them on all the time. When I forget to bring them, I'm like a braindead zombie when I get home.

Attached: 1485745888325.jpg (484x480, 32K)

Man I would not last at this. How have you not killed yourself by now

>constantly stressed with having to look if a customer arrived
Stop watching porn at work.

Hope

Ive been playing guitar for about ten days now.

Hope and coping thoughts

If your abilities haven't peaked by now it just wasn't meant to be

7 here

mine kinda have but i'm a fuckup and did nothing with it and now got tendonitis that dont let me practice whenever i want

>started playing guitar when I was a teenager
>seemed like a cool way to express yourself musically
>got really good
>considered accomplished even by professionals I sometimes associate with
>as I mature musically I realize writing guitar based music is rudimentary, simplistic and creatively limited compared to the infinite possibilities a laptop based DAW offers now
>as I mature musically I slowly realize how uninteresting most guitar based music actually is
>as I mature socially I come to realize most people have long since stopped caring about guitar based music too
>mfw guitar might as well be an accordion or a harpsichord now
>pic related: mfw I know in my heart I wasted my time on this instrument
>mfw I wish I could have all that time I wasted back
don't end up like me kids, save yourselves from my fate

Attached: 1486481974582.gif (500x615, 530K)

So you're on par with most resident posters.

hip hop label shill fuck off

Ive learned A, Am, D, Dm, E, Em, G, C, C7, B7, and G7. Having trouble with A though...My fingers dont want to sit right next to each other and the D string goes dead.

>Man I would not last at this.
that's unsurprising, most men are fags
>How have you not killed yourself by now
knowing that i'm better than the others

rate this shit instaud.io/3H2f
i cant organize my head to make it follow a pace and still make it interesting

just bar it then. if you can't mute the high E while barring it' a bonus and you get a jazzy add6 chord.

Didnt you literally catch hiv because you got rawdogged by a tranny? I would say youre among the worst people and deserve a hell on earth.

It's cool, I won't resort to posting shitty copypasta all over the place.

no i didnt get rawdogged, i rawdogged her. and i didnt catch hiv, i tested last month because i was getting some 39º fever and i was hiv clean.

>her
Fuck off Zika baby

zika is ten years later than my birthdate.

i mean the zika epidemy on brazil. more than ten years actually.

Look how hard the zika baby struggles to formulate a coherent thought

play it as a triad further up the neck.
chapter 15 ted green in op

Attached: triad.png (1366x768, 207K)

you faggot, i looked up zika virus after the first post and found that it first appeared a century ago
all while you sat on your fat ass

So when you bar the A chord, youre muting the low e string. Why is this acceptable to do this way but you play the low e with the traditional way of playing the A chord?

I haven't visited/gg/ in a few months but I just went through this thread and the one before this one. So Roman and Sam are still here at least, are there any other regulars from the old peanut gallery who still post?

So you are a zika baby like i originally said. Thanks for proving my point

>are there any other regulars from the old peanut gallery who still post?
fuck off fake froosh, you were the old peanut gallery

youtube.com/watch?v=MKqj4SPKBFw&feature=youtu.be

this is some spaced out shit to me
this is like some acid and jazz
it just sits around and it understands the square
and therein the circle

this shit just fucked me up a little bit but not too much but just enough
there is a Fool behind this
some green guy
this guy is funny

I'm buying a new guitar soon but I'm absolutely mediocre and overly self-conscious (I feel like I can fail pentatonic if there are other people within earshot, even though they absolutely don't give a fuck).
What should I play at the guitar store? Please give me scales/licks/riffs that would sound good and give me a good vibe about the guitar itself.

>So when you bar the A chord, youre muting the low e string

not with a fifth fret A barr, you play all the strings.
in an open position A you wouldn't play the low E but would play the high e and definitely hit the middle E

>i was only pretending to be retarded: the band

But seriously how is that worth it? What do you get like $8 an hour?

Here you go, I call this one the panty dropper
youtube.com/watch?v=AKppUavgBaI&feature=youtu.be

K

i get forced to shower regularly and get some money as opposite to rotting as a neet. and it keeps me away from blasting my tendons on a keyboard all day. my plan was to build a headless guitar to practice in there but one whole year has passed and it's still not finished.
i'm too fucked to find another job, this job came to me out of luck for i knew my boss previously and he needed a new shopkeeper.
i get 918 brl a month. i think it translates to 1.5 usd an hour.

mega link doesn't work
please do something about it cause i need it badly now

1. golden PRS
2. yellow PRS
3. sunburst PRS
4. green PRS
5. the strat that just pissed itself in fear

it's only uninteresting because you're uninteresting

>dude, guitar is so lame
>you only have six strings, 21 frets, a pick. and i'm pretty sure the only scale goes like this
>*pentatonic*
>the other ones are too hard
>plus you can't add in the drum track. there's no drum string. you need a drummer. lame.

>918 brl
Jesus thats sad. Thats like 1/3rd my internet bill

I thought people stopped caring but then I stopped talking to white liberals (aka subhumans) and braindead black gangsta types (aka brainwashing victims) and found out everyone else still likes guitars.

now that's a lie almost as big as your burger belly

No its not actually. I pay $100 month for my internet plan. Your wages are fucking terrible mate. I also clear 10x what you make monthly.

i'm sorry for you. here on brazil we get 100mb speed for 24 usd a month for example

>Guitar is only interesting if you defy all the traditions and add five frets and two more strings and play it with your fingers

So only one out of several hundred guitars can be used for interesting music and only one out of several hundred guitar players can do more than djent on them

And you still get 1/10th my wages. I can go to cheaper internet but I like my 300mb/s.

Did that user who was selling his gear have any luck getting high asking prices out of it or did he end up giving it to a pawn shop for $20 a pedal?

Attached: japanese fish drinking beer.jpg (1200x675, 112K)

so what? to each his own and i'm cooler and a better musician than you.

why is it that I feel lost if I cant hear any natural reverb, like listening to a miced amp thru headphones?

there was this nigger that started to sell candies on the street and every damn day he would get in the shop and bother me to buy his candies as if i owed him something. then summer came and he started complaining that the sun was too hot and that i was sitting in the shop with shadow and fresh water. now were getting to winter and that whiny nigger didnt start selling candies again while i keep carrying my dogfood sacks and complaining to nobody.

it sounds dry but what do you mean by lost

>im cooler than you
sam is my hero

is this humbucker going through a clean amp or is it DI'd? youtube.com/watch?v=Nu2zNMsbH7Y

I practice or schedule a practice session with my bandmates on my days off and when i get home from work. It's all about pushing yourself to get better

i tried that on the first months but i can't push myself anymore because having to deal with normie customers at my job is making me repeat lazy mantras and i'm scared of scaring the world by not being a lazy harmless normie

lost as in I feel like I'm just playing but not listening/hearing, might as well wear some earplugs

wait do you mean a mic'd amp through headphones as you're playing? is that an ampsim? or your real, miced amp is on another room and you're hearing the monitoring headphones?

It's probably an acoustic guitar with a humbucker over the sound hole because that's one of the things joan soriano uses

There's no difference between an amp and DI+amp sim that can't be blamed on EQ or the real/simulated cab and mic.

both of those give the same effect

>It's probably an acoustic guitar with a humbucker over the sound hole because that's one of the things joan soriano uses
does he use anything other than that?
>There's no difference between an amp and DI+amp sim that can't be blamed on EQ or the real/simulated cab and mic.
i mean an amp/ampsim vs the DI with no ampsim, just eq and compression for the song's mixing.

There is no essential difference

>user discovers music sounds different through speakers in a room

Attached: slowpoke.png (312x295, 12K)

there's no difference between a raw DId humbucker and a humbucker through an amp/ampsim?

I'm saying there's a lot of ways to achieve the end result (which is why muh toan gearhead arguments are retarded)

You have to either ask them which gear and settings they used or try matching it by ear

so you have no idea if it sounds like a raw DI or an amp like a jazz chorus?

All I can tell you is some effects were added to it.

do you know what kind of pickup is this? youtube.com/watch?v=sqZN2ExyNF8
i think that's what he used on the newer Ladrona de Amor album, that sounds thinner and more alike the older bachata of the 80s.

gibson tone bar

do you have an idea how he attached his pickup to the guitar since there's no screws on the top

>gibson tone bar
i just googled and there's no such pickup, go fuck yourself

There's some kind of ring around the inside of the soundhole

A) That's a single coil
B) That's most likely a custom since the entire soundhole is blocked off.

this is what i'm getting on my acoustic. it's a single coil with bar magnet, they will make it with alnico instead of ceramic for me.

it is not blocked, are you blind? when he moves we can see the back of the guitar.

Gotta admit I wasn't paying all that much attention. Either way it can be fucking anything from double sided velcro tape to mounting screws underneath.

forgot pic, fuck me.

Attached: Screenshot_31.jpg (1007x555, 117K)

rate my playing while singing skills
vocaroo.com/i/s0Cjl2oXq85l

>a sus4 opening just like roxanne and here comes your man
>omg this new band is sooo goood!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=hurQgJXtpKI