What’s the most experimental album from the 50s?

What’s the most experimental album from the 50s?

Attached: A1BD414C-3F20-4FFB-B415-22AC3B573E6E.jpg (735x933, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQngG347TIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None of them. music wasn't even good at all until 1968, and even then there was only like five albums that were actually acceptable.

Album? None. There was a ton of experimental classical stuff though

Stockhausen’s Gesang der Junglinge

Well it turns out our good friend Karl Stockhausen was already turning out records in the 50s, so we might as well give the title to him. Though there's probably stuff that's even more out there.

Attached: 2866756.jpg (425x434, 24K)

>music wasn't even good at all until 1968
hold it right there

Attached: 9F77B129-A112-464F-BF67-25F1C18AFA8B.jpg (1000x1000, 616K)

I stand by my point. Bob Dylan is mediocre and the Beatles weren't good yet.

>Bob Dylan is mediocre
how so? he developed a distinct and defiant style that allowed for unprecedented personal expression through solemn and witty ballads, long-winding pieces made transcendent by lyrics of literary—and indeed poetic—quality and his own brand of wild, longing blues. no one had ever defied definition as he did and he didn't diverge from convention for the sake of experimentation; it made for an incredibly intimate and gorgeous mixture that blossomed in just a year, intelligent and vibrant none of the contemporary sounds.

he's being a contrarian

Attached: F798AB9B-B6C1-4D03-BB9F-79F31AD7BD59.jpg (300x300, 26K)

Didnt Musique Concrete have a thing in the 50s?

He's absolutely the best artist of his time and the best artist up until that point in history discounting classical composers. The being said, no matter how much he perfected the music that was around and pushed commercial music from the 4/10-on-avergae it was to a 6/10, which is insane for any artist, but he still only pushed it to becoming above average rather than really great. No non-classical music had gone above an 8/10 until The Velvet Underground.

Experimentation would have been more in jazz back at that time.

iannis xenakis

Attached: R-13097413-1548005189-9387.jpeg.jpg (599x600, 172K)

>no music was good until 68
>t. pretentious hipster faggot

>a thing
please return to reddit friend

4'33" was experimental

>this new

>this reddit

Please don’t engage with the non musician above me.

>someone recognizes that there's more than stockhausen, cage's meme composition, and jazz in the 50s
>insulting them as a non musician despite the fact that your musical education, if it even exists, likely barely goes past the high school level

>Categorizing history based on ratings
Yikes
Also Zappa released freak out, Hendrix released are you experienced? A couple years before.
Also I'm fairly certain you don't know or like jazz, because it peaked in the 50s and there are multiple 10/10 jazz albums from that period, also elvis was releasing undeniable classics.
Though I agree that albums became much better since Frank Sinatra invented the concept album

>jazz peaked in the 50s
holy shit the reddit continues with a VENGEANCE

I believe it's pic related.
But these are also some good contenders:
>Moondog - The Story of Moondog
>John Cage - Indeterminacy
>Yves Klein - Conférence à la Sorbonne
and

Attached: FW03861.jpg (1394x1400, 2.04M)

Dat shit right there is some good shit

I admit i forgot about those two albums, and I mean jazz is great in the mathematical and theory sense, but to me music is more about emotion. That's just a difference for me, though.

>you don't know or like jazz, because it peaked in the 50s
Imagine thinking that jazz didn't peaked at 60s post-bop.

If you don’t get emotion from jazz then you have some revaluation to do

Modal Jazz does have an emotion to it, but most Jazz, at least from what I've heard, is almost entirely about virtuosity.

Tom Dissevelt & Kid Baltan - The Fascinating World of Electronic Music

Early Elvis got over hard, but it was weird.

Attached: Prélude au Sommeil.jpg (355x355, 15K)

Joe Meek

These + Ferrante and Teicher

>yet
nigga they were never good lol

Ussachevsky maybe, his early stuff was pretty neat
youtube.com/watch?v=AQngG347TIQ

this

why you are so mad

l>let's take this attractive truck driver guy from memphis and have him sing this strange mix of country western and blues tunes and see what the kids think of it

Attached: elvis.jpg (227x222, 11K)

that was the 60s

this

the probably actually correct answer is Stan Kenton's "City of Glass"

cuck berry or some gay shit like that lmoa
music didnt get good until the beatles and stones showed up in the 60s

White people playing rock n roll WAS experimental in the 1950s. Electric guitar and electric bass was only invented in the 1930s. Just playing those instruments was "experimental."

The interesting musicians though were still in jazz like Miles Davis.

The early Beatles songs were just a combination of Elvis and Billie Holiday.

I mean Buddy Holly fuck I'm drunk

>playing a 20 year old instrument that is just an electrically amplified version of a hundreds-year old instrument is experimental
yikes