Why aren't The Smashing Pumpkins (Billy Corgan) as culturally iconic now as other bands and frontmen of their era like...

Why aren't The Smashing Pumpkins (Billy Corgan) as culturally iconic now as other bands and frontmen of their era like Pearl Jam (Eddie Vedder), Nirvana (Kurt Cobain), etc?
What does Yea Forums think?

Attached: p01bqk18.jpg (960x540, 138K)

he's still alive
i know vedder is too

Because while they're alt rock band they didn't focus on Grunge

Billy's an icon for being a fucking tool

because Kurt passed away like in a tragic rock fairytale and Pearl Jam's hits keep being spammed on alt-rock radio everywhere.

I would actually argue that the cultural value of the Pumpkins is greater than Pearl Jam though, as the Pumpkins inspired many other bands that would dominate years after their prime (MCR, etc). Pearl Jam was just another grunge band that appealed to mainstream audiences.

They're nowhere near as good.
I personally think grunge is all shit, but I can appreciate the talent behind Pearl Jam and Nirvana. Even Soungarden. But Smashing Pumpkins is just filler rock radio music. No redeeming points whatsoever. Just a good looking boy and a group of guys making safe, boring rock. Listening to them unironically sounds like a major waste of time.

They are.

You listen to music ironically? What a fuckstick

Cuz he's an anti vaxxer

Smashing Pumpkins are just as well known than Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam is way more influential, every alt-rock frontman tries to copy Eddie's singing

listen to mcis all the way through please
faggot

They are as iconic as pearl jam but not nirvana since they ended. Billy is a disagreeable fellow which is why the band split up and media aren't nice to him. But they had a 'celebration' tour last year which went well I guess

Out of all those big 90s bands, they were the band furthest removed from punk (now the cultural hegemon of rock "coolness" among critics and establishment types thanks to the genre's leftist mindset), and the closest to prog (now the epitome of uncool).

some of the best bait I've seen on this board in a while lmao

no, I get the feeling you're not, sadly. You and everybody like you are what makes going to shows fucking cancerous, and if you pulled that shit around me I'd knock your teeth out.

oops wrong thread

they suck.
i hate that it's uncool to dislike them on this board even though they're talentless hacks.

Kurt and Eddie were qt pin-up boys. Billy's kind of chunky and awkward. Also a baldy. But his music's just as good if not better.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

Cuz Smashing Pumpkins weren't a catalyst for some huge cultural shift, they kind of fell in place with a lot of other popular acts at the time. Don't worry though they've been getting more and more credit over the years as and will probably continue to

this. everybody likes an underdog, and their underdog status will continue to grow as mainstream music of that era gets increasingly "obscure" (relative to whatever zoomers listen to).

They were huge possibly the biggest band in the world around '95, they're not an underdog, more like has beens since 2000 on

and Saxon used to be bigger than Iron Maiden. Things change. Nirvana is the "it" band of the 90s as far as normalfags are concerned, and that fact slowly continues to calcify.