Europe 72

aoxomoxoa
gtfo nignog

this is the best single unit of grateful dead music:

archive.org/details/gd74-08-06.merin.weiner.gdADT.5914.sbefail.shnf

the best official contemporary release is Live/Dead

my mistake, ignore that link. this is the correct one

archive.org/details/gd1974-06-08.sbd.miller.97268.sbeok.flac16

That's an underrated show, but nothing compares to Sunshine Daydream imo. That Bird Song is heavenly

archive.org/details/gd72-08-27.sbd.orf.3328.sbeok.shnf

respectable take. nothing can beat the wall of sound boards with phil playing a ton of lead, for me. sometimes i do underrate the heights they reach on jams in 72, just because i associate it so much with the shorter country rock cuts on e72

Definitely Anthem of the Sun. It is unbelievable, one of the most innovate, creative, and defining albums of psychedelic rock. They truly broke out of the mold of blues and jamming and made something new and experimental. Every moment is so fun and evocative.

a lot of deadheads who are (justifiably, me too!) obsessed with the live stuff don't appreciate this album as much as they should

Honestly, I haven't explored their live stuff yet besides Live/Dead which I also love to death. Is it recommended I listen to more of their live albums? Where should I start?

Check out Two From The Vault for something like Live/Dead. Although it has some of the same songs. Europe '72 and Skull and Roses for a more country rock fusion with Live/Dead. Then go something like this...

(Two From the Vault>Europe '72>Skull & Roses)>5/8/77>Reckoning>Without a Net>Something, anything from 1973/1974

Then any Dick's Picks (archival live releases) from the time period of your favorite of those releases. You can also find one of these at any time in here, if you only like Live/Dead sound (68/69/70ish) then look for DPs from that era.

yeah I agree user. New Potato Caboose in particular is pretty stunning

It's objectively Skeletons from the Closet

youtube.com/watch?v=0Y01wss671s

check it out

All these different opinions just prove that they're great

Anthem of the sun

if you love a Dead studio song i recommend googling "best [song] grateful dead" and clicking the 'headyversion.com' result

Thanks for the recs, I'll proceed as you recommended

For me, it's Skull And Flowers. The best Grateful Dead album.

just remember its more about finding what you like than getting familiar with all of it. So don't get turned off if you're not into later stuff, there's tons to explore from every era

Attached: igs.jpg (690x690, 66K)

ah yes. 11/17/73 is really good, agreed user

Is that one retardo who ruins every Dead thread finally gone?

stop trying to make fetch happen fagboy