Finally listen to this

>finally listen to this
>can only hear smashing pumpkins
did Billy Corgan totally rip off his album for his whole career?

Attached: My_Bloody_Valentine_-_Loveless.png (220x220, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=okE5xPRa9ac
youtube.com/watch?v=8GcdtkSPdPw
youtube.com/watch?v=O4kUt0u1qs0
youtube.com/watch?v=aUQpaqHrOgg
youtube.com/watch?v=RBkxcmyB9d4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think he said gish was a rip off of isn’t anything or you made me realise

early smashing pumpkins is mbv with balls

Daydream was specifically a MBV influenced track (why D'arcy sung it too) but the rest of Gish is kind of its own thing

Loveless and Siamese Dream both use the big muff guitar pedal. Outside of that the albums are very different in style and song structure.

>whole career
the closest album he made to this was siamese dream, and even then only very few moments on the album (ex: second half of soma) sound similar. sp was far too rock to try and tackle shoegaze, even if they borrowed plenty of thematic elements ie wall of sound and synths

who gives a shit, smashing pumpkins is way better

No they don’t, bilinda used a boss heavy metal and Kevin used a turbo rat

He uses the big muff on Sometimes

total mbv ripoff
youtube.com/watch?v=okE5xPRa9ac

I know it was influenced by Lose My Breath, but it sounds nothing like mbv outside of the guitar strummimg and soft vocals (although the vocals in Daydream are way more upfront than mbv)

sounds like a few tracks off isnt anything or their eps leading up to it, not sure on the exact tracks

>big muff
shoegaze/mbv is literally british folk/twee pop with a big muff pedal
listen to sarah records songs and you'll hear what i mean

Some people here have praised smashing pumpkins for their "honesty". I dunno. I don't think one can stake a claim to "brutal honesty" while Autotuning your vocals to death, swamping them in cheap production, adding pointless sound effects, and posing with a bevy of hotties dressed as angels. At that point, you're making a pop record. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I don't think "manchild freely expressing self" and "every production trick in the book" can coexist comfortably side by side.

I have no idea what band you're describing. It's definitely not the pumpkins.

I was talking about Siamese Dream

who has praised them for their "honesty"? what does that even mean?

Because the album is embarrassing and they just go for it, Every song's going for something

i don't see it that much honestly.
billy's wall of sound was never as refined or subtle as kevin's. once he got away from that and found a nice balance is when he started coming into his own. stuff like spaceboy, today, mayonaise and luna are better than the louder heavier songs on SD.
siamese dream sounded amazing live until billy decided to start singing differently, so you're pretty wrong on that end.

ok, well there's definitely no autotune on that album

no its not shut the fuck up stop repeating what u read on here

Every 90s alt rock band ripped off MBV, Sonic Youth and Pixies

didn't they use sound effects?

>Electronic keyboards joined guitar noise on Loveless (1991), the ultimate exploration of textures in rock music. Its stunning chaos can be viewed both as an enraptured "om" to the universe or as a deranged scream in a madman's cell or as a terrified paralysis in the face of a supernatural force. The album changed the meaning of the word "music" by proving the equivalence between "noisy" and 'symphonic", the same way that Einstein proved the equivalence between inertial and gravitational mass.

Damn...

Every dreamy show gaze sound was ripped off Cocteau Twins

MBV ripped off Sonic Youth and Pixies

>didn't they use sound effects?
Like what?

youtube.com/watch?v=8GcdtkSPdPw
This is what Sonic Youth, Pixies, and Jesus & Mary Chain all wish they could be.

distortion and FX

Lol, noobs
Machina II is incredibly shoegazey and has some strong MBV influences, imo

youtube.com/watch?v=O4kUt0u1qs0
youtube.com/watch?v=aUQpaqHrOgg
youtube.com/watch?v=RBkxcmyB9d4

Attached: R-923067-1374697942-7999.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 188K)

Not on the vocals. There's a delay effect in the "bang bang you're dead" part in Silverfuck

Yeah, no vocal effects as far as I can tell.
They did say they "ran everything through" the Mu-Tron Bi-Phase, so that's another element as far as Siamese Dream guitar effects are concerned.

Yeah. The "ran everything through" part was definitely hyperbole

Somewhat true
Their music was quite psychedelic in the beginning