/classical/

Virginal Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=eK1UyMcZWuc

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #3. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #5. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #6. Deutsche Grammophon stuff. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy Folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Jewish Folder
mega.nz/#F!lk0lGSTQ!SAIvBwgyVF1EGEMUjranEw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Book Folder #1. Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw
>Book Folder #2. Comprehensive list of the most important harpsichord and piano pieces through history
mega.nz/#F!1xJgVSLA!i2eLakjehx5DY8qYUzS0Zg

>Classical music recommendations
classicalmusiconly.com/

Previous

Attached: FW03321.jpg (700x699, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G01r84qB2js
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xCauzl1Zsc
youtube.com/watch?v=fW3J9vsv6jA
youtu.be/n8Uk9UyjDx8
youtube.com/watch?v=umMIOXcctx4
youtu.be/eXFuRLH106E
youtube.com/watch?v=RXajEfeoOBc
youtube.com/watch?v=smuIiERndYs
youtu.be/c9JLaTF71sI
youtube.com/watch?v=quBYEomIAZM
youtube.com/watch?v=2QqZFpetIHQ
youtu.be/iROg0GfH1Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=2IaPsZ9y-0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6MeaLk82G8
youtube.com/watch?v=GXnNhV4hSE0
youtube.com/watch?v=4gJHQSLlU8U
a.uguu.se/2UEqBrWRCS2j.ogg
mega.nz/#!AfYDEILK!fZeamu1EAip5c40yFwrktzAsM1CslAC5YSxNeuwcgcE
mega.nz/#!jZ00FATI!n4dfjuyWHreeptsdgFDVc3cl5HjVfufRbYU4ETeXfdA
youtube.com/watch?v=iN-oYTu0in4
youtu.be/_jDYIX-L3d8
youtube.com/watch?v=sjj66iIpmDc
youtu.be/a1aaWFQ8pRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9IeW2nPSTvU
youtube.com/watch?v=aAHvynYIin4
youtube.com/watch?v=rCLHFQtL0jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Abby2S5OSXM&t=223s
youtube.com/watch?v=Bd_9hgpo1u4
youtube.com/watch?v=jKPU3YCXqXk
youtube.com/watch?v=zkiRW1Xr8Zo
youtube.com/watch?v=U7dIbaCDt5M
youtube.com/watch?v=fcyNvnnJwDs
youtube.com/watch?v=PcTVkOzrzQs&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=_fin89xfOTY
youtube.com/watch?v=C2LdHLvQoM4
youtube.com/watch?v=XckvLWrXc3w
open.spotify.com/track/605hnCIeAbB5aZQEXCV5rs?si=-aXo1iu6T0uWhym79mX66Q
youtube.com/watch?v=AKiJ12Kn8U0
youtube.com/watch?v=sg1lEA268O0
youtu.be/41Y2mx_3sqM
youtube.com/watch?v=FTU7ekTUJ2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=r9mRwJwrxW4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4J85yPCq0U
youtube.com/watch?v=zucBfXpCA6s
youtu.be/qB76jxBq_gQ?t=85
youtube.com/watch?v=UvL51sKQ4Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=ds_P2zwxoJs
youtube.com/watch?v=08vTtu4pmjk
youtube.com/watch?v=x5dkkq3luQI
youtube.com/watch?v=XN4P5WXTX9M&t=458s
youtube.com/watch?v=PgS37X4P2hM&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=KbhLCmSbtGc
youtube.com/watch?v=HIe3f_0BhXU
youtube.com/watch?v=C-aoq8YU-ic
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/griller-string-quartet/string-quartet-in-f-major-op-96-the-nigger/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_Quartet_No._12_(Dvořák)#cite_note-15
vocaroo.com/i/s0roU88MBd4i
youtube.com/watch?v=TBVHqlrLyVg
youtu.be/zdD_QygwRuY
youtu.be/MpZHO8R26FA
youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-5Vtvhxcc
youtu.be/KwClV2Hr2kM
youtube.com/watch?v=SVA8mQdIfHI
youtu.be/ZUVHY1Ytq3o
youtube.com/watch?v=7HQXH_32mIw
youtube.com/watch?v=xY2w8RkIWIA
youtube.com/watch?v=KIJC0vnGvNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dDLJoTCME
youtube.com/watch?v=TMSgWhIENSk
youtube.com/watch?v=QcLjEgd_cWo
youtube.com/watch?v=MORa0Y98Z1o
youtube.com/watch?v=-BOqfWN-OFk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Igor_Stravinsky
youtube.com/watch?v=D3tzREC1OJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is anyone familiar with Zorn’s classically oriented music? Are there any must-listen compositions? He has such a large discography, trawling it is kind of a task.

Attached: 81+sqUdIg1L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 297K)

youtube.com/watch?v=G01r84qB2js

Talivaldis Kenins - Piano Sonata No.1 Mvmt. III: m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xCauzl1Zsc

pet
zol
d

Alan Hovhaness - Chahagir : youtube.com/watch?v=fW3J9vsv6jA

favorite john
youtu.be/n8Uk9UyjDx8

I like the Butt one

Butt sounds like shit

Schwantner

youtube.com/watch?v=umMIOXcctx4

the jews knaves and kvetches -John 19:12
youtu.be/eXFuRLH106E

he's great until you realize he's copying trends done by plenty of better composers (Grisey, Scelsi, etc.)

Read a John Ruskin essay in which he claimed that artists who decorate their art with too many ornaments are greedy, but those who use too few are rude. Is this true? I don't like the minimalist compositions I've listened to, but I'd still be a bit sad if the guys who made them turned out to be rude people. It's just... kinda shitty of them, I suppose.

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=RXajEfeoOBc

I wouldn’t believe that essay if I were you.

nigel farage

Bull

youtube.com/watch?v=smuIiERndYs

What does /classical/ think of Barbara Kolb? I heard Umbrian Colors on the radio and thought it was neat.
youtu.be/c9JLaTF71sI

Holy shit Jacobs' opening chorus is so fucking bad, no imagination whatsoever, not to mention he (like every conductor who's either autistic or doesn't know German) insists that the "Herr" shouts be sustained for the full duration of the quarter note, which effectively turns "Herr" (Lord) into "Heer" (army)

youtube.com/watch?v=quBYEomIAZM

That movement was a little obsessive, but cool enough to check her out. Thanks for the rec!

Bress

youtube.com/watch?v=2QqZFpetIHQ

Bach was a faggot

this is the best version i've got, know any better?
youtu.be/iROg0GfH1Bg

I prefer this one, the emphasis on the suspensions in the oboes, the general attention to dynamics (a rarity in Bach performances), and the choir actually considering the words they're singing do it for me: youtube.com/watch?v=2IaPsZ9y-0U

What are your thoughts on this Schumann quartet? Is it successful as a string quartet?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6MeaLk82G8

That's a dirty contrabassoon in the opening. I like it.

I'm pretty sure Bach wrote all of the wind parts in that opening chorus to make people cringe, if they sound clean and not tortured at all you've basically missed the point

Yeah. It works. Usually barely hear it on most recordings.

It's pretty crazy he wrote this only in a few days

youtube.com/watch?v=GXnNhV4hSE0

It kinda shows, especially in the finale. The first movement works unusually well for a 19th century sonata form, it's nice, concise and I like the whole riff on the starting with a predominant (à la Mozart K. 428 or Beethoven Op. 31 No. 3) combined with the falling fifth motiv, the whole idea of imitation in falling thirds works really well too, but compared to that super rich tonic area the secondary key area just kind of falls flat/is way too samey, which is amplified as a flaw by the fact that the recap of the tonic area pretty much overlaps with the end of the development

Still, I think it's impressive nonetheless. The first movement is easily my favorite, though. I like the subtle tempo directions and the introduction sparks a great feeling of nostalgia.

I have trouble with the quartets of the romantic period in general, though. Even Brahms whose chamber music I mostly adore feels lacking to me - or perhaps I'm lacking. I easily get lost in them. I think the only one I've ever really loved from this era was Mendelssohn's Op. 80.

ATONAL-PILL ME!

Atonality doesn't really exist.

I recommend listening to Schoenberg's piano pieces in chronological order, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=4gJHQSLlU8U

I love and hate the ultra-schmaltzy first violin upper-voice pedal point at the end of the development/beginning of the recap in the first movement SO MUCH

Are Beethoven's early and mid quartets underrated? All anyone ever talks about are the late ones.
The C major Rasumowsky in particular is so much fun.

Ya-iiight

Not really a fan of the early quartets, but the Rasumowskies and the two non-set quartets are fucking amazing.

Is totalism a classical movement?

Haha yeah, gives you a real good feeling of "holy fuck that is cheesy" and then simuteanously "holy fuck I love it." I feel that way about heavy string portamento on old recordings. Cheesy as fuck, but I love it anyway.

Harnoncourt ;_;

Kino

Attached: R-9036218-1473678975-3192.jpeg.jpg (599x519, 131K)

He tried to talk me into picking up tuba again once, he actually had a point about modern tubas having to wide of a bore to properly play the kind of music Wagner and Bruckner wrote

Thankfully, his successor - Stefan Gottfried - is really fucking good and I don't doubt he'll record nice things, too

>Thankfully, his successor - Stefan Gottfried - is really fucking good and I don't doubt he'll record nice things, too
oh yeah i was listening to his recent Schubert recording and it was quite gutsy and good.

not quite sure what to make of that completion, though, but that aside it's probably the best recording i've heard of the completion thus far.

Currentzis in Verdi's Requiem - the Libera me with Zarina Abaeva as soprano.

a.uguu.se/2UEqBrWRCS2j.ogg

The whole performance is quite good, Currentzis being his usual self aside, the singers are actually competent. The soprano ppppp Bb at the end of the slow, quiet section of the Libera Me is so rarely done well, but here it is.

Guess who saw those concerts live last summer :)

Also this is one of my favorite moments in Mozart, it always gets me and I *always* want the F7 in m. 91 to resolve immediately, but instead you get that beautiful circle of fifths progression, the beginning of which is so tantalizing to analyze - just writing it off as Gr6-E64-E7 doesn't do it justice at all, the A minor sonority sounds way to substantial for that and Mozart does everything to keep you from hearing the top-voice E-flat/D-sharp as a leading tone.

Attached: ucb18_177_90.jpg (900x1224, 124K)

Full performance up anywhere?

I can upload it for you, if you'd like. I haven't bothered to split the movements, though.

>Guess who saw those concerts live last summer :)
lucky you
do you know if he intends to explore outside of Harnoncourt's repertoire? or are they mostly going to retread his ground?

>He tried to talk me into picking up tuba again once
How've you been SDF?

That'd be cool, thanks.

Aww, the "tutta forza" stretto doesn't come close to cancer Fricsay. :(

idk, I haven't really been keeping up with their programming but afaik I know they've picked up stuff they haven't done since the 70s really, like Telemann, which is nice.

Unstable (why else would I be here?) but I avoided getting institutionalized and I'm still on track.

Video:
mega.nz/#!AfYDEILK!fZeamu1EAip5c40yFwrktzAsM1CslAC5YSxNeuwcgcE
Audio:
mega.nz/#!jZ00FATI!n4dfjuyWHreeptsdgFDVc3cl5HjVfufRbYU4ETeXfdA

The headless audio is slightly edited with a bit of normalization and editing out a particularly annoying audience blip in the Dies irae. So pick your poison.

The bass is also quite good - and he can trill (hostias)! The tenor is probably the weakest link, but far from the worst I've heard.
>Aww, the "tutta forza" stretto doesn't come close to cancer Fricsay. :(
Yeah, I'm keeping Fricsay for that alone. Frankly it's one of his most inspired moments on record. Still, I would say I prefer Currentzis on the mean.

I'm gonna try listening to this recording of Mahler's 2nd. Still interested in hearing what others think of this project so far. Also who should take over the orchestra in 2022 since based Vanska will be stepping down?
>Unstable
:(
UChicago treating you well?

>but afaik I know they've picked up stuff they haven't done since the 70s really, like Telemann, which is nice.
that's cool. thanks for the info.
sad that Harnoncourt never got around to giving us his Wozzeck :)

tfw retarded.
As long as it isn't someone's phone or some retard like at that Mahler 9 concert I can live. Thanks again.

Attached: cover.jpg (1417x1417, 298K)

If you're talking about Vanska's Mahler I think it's quite decent with a good balance, but otherwise he's rather ho-hum in terms of his interpretation. Frankly speaking I find Harding to be a more interesting modern Mahlerian.

Palestrina

youtube.com/watch?v=iN-oYTu0in4

Yeah, they're supportive. I expected to be nixed in this yearly review, but apparently they're satisfied with my progress lol. It's just the bipolar shit making shit hard, I might just end up going old-school (lithium & psychoanalysis instead of antipsychotics giving me life-threatening dystonia or horrible weight gain & technocratic CBT/DBT bullshit).

DON'T REMIND ME

I'm not a big Mahlerite myself though I've been on a bit of a binge recently. I have Harding's 6th, what other stuff does he have?
tfw

Attached: 1533340293335.jpg (1200x628, 222K)

>what other stuff does he have?
He has a 5th and 9th which is far more interesting than his performance of the 6th. The 9th in particular is absurdly well performed, probably one of the more virtuosic performances that I've heard of the 9th.

mozzaart (accordion)
youtu.be/_jDYIX-L3d8

Bayan Bach
youtube.com/watch?v=sjj66iIpmDc

I feel like I stumbled on something never meant to be found.
youtu.be/a1aaWFQ8pRQ

ngl some of this stuff is insanely impressive:
youtube.com/watch?v=9IeW2nPSTvU

You know what slaps harder than one bayan?

youtube.com/watch?v=aAHvynYIin4

Gounod

youtube.com/watch?v=rCLHFQtL0jQ

how do I do to impress a classical cute?

Be genuinely passionate about the music and pursue it together, both in terms of learning about it and listening

Mozart was big gay

Play a classical instrument

Learn how to play boogie woogie

Any drone or hindustani classical pieces you guy’s rec

Going to a recital by Krystian Zimerman next week and I'm very excited for it.
He's playing the following:
youtube.com/watch?v=Abby2S5OSXM&t=223s
youtube.com/watch?v=Bd_9hgpo1u4
What about you guys? Going to a recital soon?

I am a little disappointed in the repertoire though I have to say, since I bought the tickets before it was announced what he was going to play. Would have really liked some Schubert and preferred the ballades over the scherzi. But oh well, they're still great pieces

Nope. Mostly just basic student stuff playing near me unfortunately

What's her favourite composer

youtube.com/watch?v=jKPU3YCXqXk

more like SHITpan

opinions on the Preparation for the Final Mystery by scriabin?

Attached: 28946632925.jpg (900x900, 126K)

Attached: 28947892410.jpg (900x900, 105K)

tres schu-schu

Unfinished.

Attached: 918896764 2.jpg (275x276, 53K)

doesnt sound like scriabin

name of the essay?

hmmmmmmm

Attached: sa.png (425x133, 7K)

I'm the mozart's piano concerto 23
ask me anything

petzold

I need to do a waltz, rec me some good ones for inspiration

how do I into prokofiev?

youtube.com/watch?v=zkiRW1Xr8Zo

here is your chief conductor of the mighty Berliner Philharmoniker

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

Cannot upload images here, basically shadow banned form initiating threads.
So I'll pos this here:

Why countries like Spain, Britain, Scandinavia in general did not produced as much Classical music as the Germans, Austrians or Italians?
I mean, at least to the level of Russia and France?

youtube.com/watch?v=U7dIbaCDt5M

This thread's been so nice what the fuck
Anyway music
youtube.com/watch?v=fcyNvnnJwDs

youtube.com/watch?v=PcTVkOzrzQs&t=4s

Are you asking in terms of sheets of music or quality of music? I don't reall know either way, probably has to do with a religious practice and a comparative lack of patronage.

>Butt sounds like shit
I guess that makes sense

its not as big of a gap as you think it is

>Britain
They have. Particularly around the late 19th century onwards.

>Scandinavia
They have, particularly Finland.

>Spain
They have.

Don't believe the eternal (((kraut))), my friend. France has an even deeper pool of classical composers compared to any of them. You do need to tackle things from a totally different path, but once you do it's a rich place that's bound to flourish. You do need to go before the times of Bach to start drawing that path.

thoughts on baroque pop

Not true for Scandinavian countries, which is only natural given their very low population at the time.

Haydn

youtube.com/watch?v=_fin89xfOTY

Understandably so, I'd say per capita they've gone above and beyond in terms of results, but you're right, the overall ouvre doesn't really pick up until the 19th Century.

pfitzner

>I had a roommate at Princeton who became a music critic, Micheal Steinberg, and he wrote an article in the Times in which he claimed that there was a conspiracy to keep the music of Hans Pfitzner from being played. I remember reading that article and thinking to my self "what a good idea, how can I join this conspiracy?"

Just some theories:
Spain tanked it’s own economy, so probably not much patronage.
Most of Scandinavia was, for a time, colonies of other nations, so not much interest in homegrown culture.
England had a royal line with strong ties to Germany, so, again, not much interest in homegrown culture.

>Why yes, I do love to bvll post how could you tell?

Attached: sj.jpg (665x800, 157K)

Pezel

youtube.com/watch?v=C2LdHLvQoM4

Is this guy posting classical with anime backgrounds one of you
youtube.com/watch?v=XckvLWrXc3w

le epic meme man

Attached: cage_john_3.jpg (178x275, 8K)

No, but I had the idea to do it some time a-... WAIT, WHAT THE FUCK, I KNOW WHO THAT GUYS IS
I KNOW THE DUDE FROM TWITTER
HE'D CLOSE HIS ACCOUNT AND COME BACK MANY TIMES FOR SOME REASON
HE KNOWS HOW THE PLAY THE VIOLIN
HE LIKES YUME NIKKI
AND HE'S STILL ALIVE!? Thank God!
Thank you for posting this, user.

Attached: DyBgJZGUcAAh_Ix.jpg large.jpg (456x434, 14K)

Okay fag can you give me his twitter so I can call him based

He's still gone. The dude deleted his account like over 6 months ago and he hasn't come back. I honestly thought the guy had killed himself or something.

le cringe meme man

I like both the comments on that video

okay now can someone tell me why are krauts so much better than the rest
It's pop.

French*

No, I said "kraut". K-R-A-U-T, the best ones.
And the second best would be the italians anyway, not french.

[spoiler]fugg you[/spoiler]

>spoiler tags on Yea Forums
you stupid nigger

hey Yea Forumstants, I'm somewhat new to these threads and classical music in general, what are some composers that sound like Chopin that I can check out? He's my favorite

Bach

open.spotify.com/track/605hnCIeAbB5aZQEXCV5rs?si=-aXo1iu6T0uWhym79mX66Q

Attached: 1558214539484.png (409x409, 221K)

Field

youtube.com/watch?v=AKiJ12Kn8U0

i think you're wrong friend, that's not bvll
THIS IS BVLL.
youtube.com/watch?v=sg1lEA268O0

Attached: good ol' bvll 1.jpg (700x978, 258K)

Josquin

youtu.be/41Y2mx_3sqM

Attached: simple4c.gif (288x288, 366K)

youtube.com/watch?v=FTU7ekTUJ2Q

Nice, very transcendental woodwind work

Attached: 1558059284718.png (1183x1237, 919K)

youtube.com/watch?v=r9mRwJwrxW4

Based grandpa
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4J85yPCq0U

Heard this before, not a bad string quartet. Obviously not great, but fun to listen to, and a lovely curio.

Thanks user

Pfzld

Hey Bachfags rec me Mass in B recordings

Karl Richter 1961

Attached: 4271552.jpg (300x255, 32K)

Gardiner 2015.

I know fuck all about classical music, I usually just put on random playlist since it sounds good most of the time, so I am a pure pleb.

I've usually had to skip over any Beethoven because all renditions have sounded terrible aspirin advertisements or like Disney films, no force or soul to them.

Then I was listening to one of Glenn Gould's Bach interpretations (1981 Goldberg I think) and Valentina Lisitsa was mentioned in comments as an equal piano player (and since I love GG, I had to check her out)

youtube.com/watch?v=zucBfXpCA6s

And this is heavenly, I stress that I could not listen to Beethoven interpretations because they sounded so sterile, generic, soulless, but this is probably the most impressive piano playing I've ever heard, like pure drugs into my brain, and I can finally listen to the old chap without wanting to fucking blow my brains out. I had gone through probably hundreds of fucking albums trying to get into him but this fucking did it.

Quick check from the archive shows that 'she is overrated trash only there because of her sex' (55 results), which I find absurd. But maybe that's because like I said am a pure pleb. But this is the best piano I've heard. It sounds so alive.

Sorry for absolutely incoherent posting I am down 1,2 liters of hard coffee.

Attached: 1550557912099.png (300x200, 103K)

>I love GG
I guarantee you're a pleb, yes.

Yeah like I said I just click 'playlist' in Youtube. I like his humming when he plays too.

>I like his humming when he plays too.
Based

She's fucking boring.
For (piano) Bach, listen to Andras Schiff. But a better idea would be to listen to Gustav Leonhardt or Masaaki Suzuki for (harpsichord) Bach; generally I like Suzuki more, but there's barely any performances by him on YT, so I just use Spotify instead. And listen to Kempff for Beethoven. Now drink some coffee and go listen to that Bach cantata about coffee or harpsichord stuff.
>I like his humming when he plays too.
Stop yourself before you say something stupid again.

Attached: Gustav_Leonhardt.jpg (1166x778, 522K)

>Stop yourself before you say something stupid again.
NO!

Attached: 1558240452617.png (1000x972, 237K)

I've listened to Wilhelm Kempff play Beethoven and I just want to fucking suck start a shotgun when I hear him, I can't help it. This is the first time I don't feel that urge, and her playing is the opposite of boring for me. First time I can listen to Beethoven really. I can't help it. Pleb is as pleb does.

Attached: 1550090879593.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

youtu.be/qB76jxBq_gQ?t=85

Humming Man did nothing wrong

>I've listened to Wilhelm Kempff play Beethoven and I just want to fucking suck start a shotgun when I hear him
>Like fucking Lisitsa
I don't think you have hope, user, and I'm sorry.

Attached: 1551070620957.gif (192x256, 48K)

I don't like fucking Lisitsa, I like her playing B

Attached: 1537551906233.jpg (1920x1040, 260K)

>I don't like fucking Lisitsa
h-how do you know

She looks like a goblin, I don't think I could do it.

Attached: 1542698469314.jpg (1200x628, 95K)

What is Yea Forums's take on Giya Kancheli?
youtube.com/watch?v=UvL51sKQ4Q0

>I don't like fucking Lisitsa
how am I supposed to trust you on this one if you don't like Kempff and you like Gould's Bach

Attached: 1554598689562.jpg (1125x1358, 722K)

RUDE

You read the disclaimer that I just click 'playlist' and know nothing, right? I shouldn't be trusted.

But on a more serious note, is there something wrong with her playing technically or why is she so shunned in Yea Forums? It just seemed odd to me.

Life's rude.

Attached: 1547224429614.jpg (549x529, 40K)

I'd like to tell to you that I'd give an extended explanation about why I don't like her playing, but honestly, I just want to drink tea and sleep rn so I'll just tell you that while personally I don't find her particularly bad (do consider that I can barely play the piano, I dedicate myself to other instruments), it is very average, and at least from my point of view people are right in saying that she's because she's a woman, she got popular thanks to YouTube after all, a place where people can *see* her play rather than just *listen* to her playing. You can get the same quality of performance from basically any person that is decent at the piano, even people you know irl. Also, that particular performance you posted is too slow for what I usually listen to; it is 48 seconds longer than the Kempff recording I have as my favorite, I'm surprised people in the comments talk about her "fast" playing.

I can see this comment is much longer than I wanted it to be and probably most of it is rambling, but whatever, tl;dr version is that she's average, she's popular 'cause she's a woman and she plays that movement too slow.

Attached: 1550517641764.png (407x478, 97K)

petzold

Pfitzner

Attached: Patrician attempting to listen to non-German music.webm (640x360, 2.55M)

right on
FUCK NON GERMANIC MUSIC
FUCK NATIONALISM
FUCK *YOU*

Attached: ad.jpg (807x473, 43K)

best recording of vivaldo five seasons?

youtube.com/watch?v=ds_P2zwxoJs

One Jew you wish the Nazis had actually gassed.

Adorno's a good boy, he shits on popular music and doesn't afraid of anything

post nature music

youtube.com/watch?v=08vTtu4pmjk

Your shame is forever logged on the internet records. It will most likely survive even nuclear holocaust and live beyond any of your future progeny .

Attached: 1534115641830.png (821x237, 34K)

> G*rmans

Attached: IMG_20190519_172934.jpg (750x881, 116K)

Based Germans.

*ahem*
FUCK G*RMOIDS

Attached: serveimage.jpg (225x225, 8K)

How do you start to listening a new composer, /classical/?

best of x on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=x5dkkq3luQI
?

By going on reddit and clicking links.

Please contemporary music that aren't sounding like asses

>Germans, Austrians or Italians
You know the Italians became irrelevant after the baroque and Germans/Austrians after Wagner and Brahms? Also France has a deeper musical heritage than any of the kraut countries, a heritage that stretches back all the way to the medieval times. There is a reason its call Franco-Flemish and the Notre Dame school

youtube.com/watch?v=XN4P5WXTX9M&t=458s
youtube.com/watch?v=PgS37X4P2hM&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=KbhLCmSbtGc

please share an underrated Bartok piece

it is autist to take the score in a concert?
I have an ipad, so that makes it less autist?

Don't worry, you can take it.

Post your favorite Hespèrion XXI record.

Attached: R-6862161-1428222291-6343.jpeg.jpg (600x542, 145K)

XX but it counts.

Attached: purcelfantasias.jpg (1274x1128, 319K)

We've already established it isn't autistic but last time someone took their score there was an actual autist moaning through the performance

Haydn

youtube.com/watch?v=HIe3f_0BhXU

Coates 1929

Attached: MBM-Coates-A-R01-5a[YSL-2CD].jpg (879x879, 137K)

why does the Wikipedia page of that dude masturbates him so much
>After 1923 he failed to secure a permanent conductorship in the UK despite richly deserving of that honor
what is that doing in a Wikipedia article

I got this record in a shop for cheap. The guy didn't stock classical music and had no idea why he had it so he sold it me for pennies. It was a good day.

What exactly about Gould do people dislike?

Wikipedia is shit, only just realising that?

Probably their recording of Tye's Lawdes Deo but Savall and Figures's El Cant de la Sibil-la records are my favourite.

His singing.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-aoq8YU-ic

Lot of smaller articles are like that. It's funny

Why hasn't there been great composers like the big names (Bach, Mozart, Beethoven) in 20th Cent.

Are we getting dumber or what

/classical/, why is this recording labeled as 'The Nigger'? It's a mistake or it's really the name of the piece?
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/griller-string-quartet/string-quartet-in-f-major-op-96-the-nigger/

Attached: IMG_0961.jpg (750x181, 30K)

Just wait a sec I'm writing a fugue

I think we are losing IQ to compose. It's only explanation that will account for massive aggregate lack. .....

Oh well, dumb life is fun life. I'm dumb.

Cool

what the fuck I love dvorak now

also,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_Quartet_No._12_(Dvořák)#cite_note-15

Not a mistake, lol.

My counterpoint practice :)
vocaroo.com/i/s0roU88MBd4i

Attached: file.png (355x439, 219K)

There have been. Multiple.

Who will rival?

This guy :

Clementi

youtube.com/watch?v=TBVHqlrLyVg

>Schiff
Fuck off poly.
youtu.be/zdD_QygwRuY

Indiscriminate and uncritical plebs will say his humming, but the real issue is his playing.
youtu.be/MpZHO8R26FA

youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-5Vtvhxcc
this

It's too beautiful brehs. Gives life meaning
youtu.be/KwClV2Hr2kM

Transcendental rendition

Attached: dog gould.png (480x481, 258K)

youtube.com/watch?v=SVA8mQdIfHI

I'm not poly.
And fuck you.

Why are the krauts so good at everything?

Attached: 1551017056577.png (1024x1024, 881K)

why didn't he play more of the harpsichord, or at least the clavichord?
youtu.be/ZUVHY1Ytq3o

> Merkel
> Hitler
> good at anything

Fair enough.
Why *were* (idk, like a 100 years ago) the krauts so good at everything?

Attached: 1556328168115.png (298x297, 114K)

He wanted to record all of the handels keyboard suites on the harpsichord, but critics told him to fuck off
same with his recording of the art of the fugue

German Idealism's defects weren't yet so obvious.

youtube.com/watch?v=7HQXH_32mIw

>Hitler
>good at nothing
Had good taste if that meant anything

youtube.com/watch?v=xY2w8RkIWIA

Hitler was cool.

Can you stop spamming fucking Glenn Gould you tasteless twat

try not being a pleb ok

youtube.com/watch?v=KIJC0vnGvNQ

Jensen
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dDLJoTCME

based Ravel - La Valse

youtube.com/watch?v=TMSgWhIENSk

>good taste
>Rienzi was his favorite Wagner opera

This. Gould is absolute crap

I used to believe this until I saw him BTFOing Str*vinsky

youtube.com/watch?v=QcLjEgd_cWo

youtube.com/watch?v=MORa0Y98Z1o

That only confirms his retardation. Stravinsky is based af, why would anyone want or need to B him TFO?

>Stravinsky is based af
that only confirms YOUR retardation, except for the rite of spring, firebird and petrushka (which were all written in his early career and he couldn't do anything like them for like 50 years of composing) this faggot was an absolute hack

Thanks?

Well that's not true

what masterpieces did he write other than these 3?

The violin concerto, threni, oedipus rex, les noces, symphony of psalms, concerto for two pianos, requiem canticles, agon, apollon musgate, the flood, etc.

his violin concerto is interesting, otherwise every other work you listed is absolute shit

Nah you just have bad taste.

Can someone post the intro recommendations?

Absolutely based taste

absolute cringe taste

>absolute cringe taste

Attached: 9k=.jpg (160x315, 9K)

he had good taste in performers and a few compositions, but otherwise his music taste wasn't that great

Les Noces is based as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=-BOqfWN-OFk

Pet
Zold

Confirmed for not knowing dick about Stravinsky.
Agon, Symphony of Psalms, Pulcinella, his Violin Concerto, The Rake's Progress, among countless others.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Igor_Stravinsky

Find a bad piece in this list. Protip: you can't.

Claiming Stravinsky is bad is the 20th century equivalent of claiming Bach is bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=D3tzREC1OJI

Str*vinsky is shit and n*oclassical is shit

Attached: 1549989535561.gif (511x512, 106K)

r8 her fit /fa/

Attached: matching skirt and music-stand.png (956x902, 1.15M)