God, I cannot believe people can be impressed by this level of basic “experimentalism”...

God, I cannot believe people can be impressed by this level of basic “experimentalism”. This exact album has come out a million times in the past 8 years. Are you all simple?

Attached: 9437640E-2FF6-441A-B73D-226DDEEA70A7.jpg (659x662, 324K)

its just fun to listen to nigga

I think it's an okay album, not horrible but a nice listen. I think he has a wider audience than a lot of artists who have done similar things so he gets more credit for doing things people haven't heard. Kinda like how Yeezus got a lot of credit for being noisy and experimental even though Death Grips had been doing it for a few years already

fpbp

When can you pretentious faggots move past your autistic OCD urge to call out any reproducibility and/or inspiration, yeah its similar to other experimental shit, who cares its a fun as fuck listen.

>its a fun as fuck listen.
I really hope you are under 20, fuck adults who speak like this.

Just because it isn’t experimental doesn’t mean it isn’t enjoyable to listen to. He does use similar sounds on this album that he’s used on other albums though, a lot of the album sounded like either flowerrboy or cherry bomb

*tips fedora*

>simple
I bet you listen to TV static

huh who called it experimental??? It’s just tyler trying to be Pharrell again.

shut the fuck up jesus christ

t.16yo girl

Get over yourself you pretentious twat

>using pretentious as an insult on Yea Forums of all places
Lmao

Sweaty you're just a poor imitation of a pretentious pseud, you're not even good enough to be a real pseud

>le fun music xD

Says the person who talks like this

>stop enjoying things

Attached: faggot.png (500x414, 51K)

>enjoying things that are mediocre and rehashed

I guess that’s ok if you’re a simple man, though

Eh, the kids seem to like it. And at least it's not more Barry Elish spam.

You can like things and not speak like a 14yo

Experimental for nigger standards

Stop talking like a 30 year old pizzafaced incel then, faggot. We're on a Burmese crochete site, stop jerking yourself off

I thought IGOR was good. Really fun listen.

who ACTUALLY came here for a productive conversation, I mean cmon. Did any butthurt folks here actually expect to enjoy their time on this plain and simple trash talk thread? Like why do we actually have discussions like these you're all just pathetic

At some point people will literally kill each other for liking/disliking the album

under 300 ratings rym niggas

Is there any mainstream album on RYM that doesn’t get tagged as art pop, progressive pop, experimental hip hop or some other similar genre these days?

The production here is superb. Tyler has never been one for traditional song structure, but on IGOR he’s like the Minotaur luring you through a maze that twists and turns around seemingly impossible corners, drawing you into the thrilling unknown.

Guest features and co-writes are sparse but spot-on, and never disrupt the flow of the record despite the obvious star power of Kanye West, Frank Ocean, Playboi Carti and Lil Uzi Vert. There’s an outstanding beat-switch on “I THINK” that leads into a tight funk jam. Before 2017’s Flower Boy, Tyler struggled with overwrought cuts and unnecessary embellishments – that record made for a far more cohesive experience, and now too does IGOR. Few artists curate their albums as carefully as this.

“NEW MAGIC WAND” is a standout even on this record, featuring verses from A$AP Rocky and Santigold and a brief spoken-word line from comedian Jerrod Carmichael. Its staticky, low-thrumming bass and shuddering synth lines concoct the moody brew into which Tyler spits feelings of jealousy and possessiveness: “I saw a photo, you looked joyous/ My eyes are green, I eat my veggies/ I need to get her out the picture/ She’s really f***in’ up my frame.” Whether the lover he simultaneously threatens and pledges himself to is male or female is not addressed.

IGOR is undoubtedly a breakup album, one that closes on the devastating “ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?”, which is more of a plea than a question. It takes you through those tumultuous, crashing early moments of heartbreak and denial, along with those desperate attempts to claw back what was lost. Its lack of resolution at the close – surely the most torturous element of a great love lost – makes it all the more powerful. This is Tyler’s best work to date.

>Stop talking like a 30 year old pizzafaced incel then, faggot.

You speak like tyler used to rap lmao.

VERY fun and VERY free.
A striking masterpiece.