Injury Reserve

did you like the new album from Injury Reserve?

Attached: Injury-Reserve.png (640x361, 381K)

good shit senpai

I wish it had more substance for how long it took to come out, also the last two singles would've been more hype to just have come out with the album. gtfu is banger of the year, the Gibbs feature is great too. Fantano is gonna cum buckets over it no matter what though.

Fuckin dope album all around. Rap song tutorial was funny. Gravy and biscuits is my new theme song.

Pretty damn good. Will listen again later with some good headphones.

Loved it. Need to listen to it more before I place it in my Top 5 for the year, though.
The 1:35 mark on What a Year It’s Been had me fucking floored.
>so many posts about IGOR and so little about Injury Reserve

This. Honestly my favorite track

Shit's tight. Three Man Weave is a hell of an outro

>Injury Reserve
Sorry, this is an IGOR™ board now.

It was pretty good, three man weave was beautiful and the hype songs were bangers

The Silver Mt. Zion sample really threw me off guard.

>they literally made a song showing how formulaic their music has gotten
ugh this is so disappointing. 5/10

>using traditional song structures
>formulaic

not everything has to be experimental to be original desu

Attached: nzxi36p.jpg (700x468, 72K)

when they're obviously trying to appeal to the fantano crowd who eats up faux experimental music, who they got a lot of their fame from, they should at least put some effort into it. my point was they used to play around song structure more and had more interesting ideas than just throwing weird sounds on top of generic trap songs with tired song structures. it doesn't even sound like theyre trying at this point

the lame songwriting doesn't help either btw

no. This shit is juvenile, cringey, and not really adventurous at all.

I’m from Phoenix and I know these dudes personally. They’re a bunch of fuck boys.

>I'm from pheonix

you have no business calling anyone a fuckboy

>faux experimental
All you're doing is making yourself look like a Fantano fag yourself. It's just called alternative hiphop man. Not everything has to be experimental, some music is okay with following a framework. And what are you talking about? They've always used traditional song structures, especially on Floss which is the album that got them most of their clout with the Fantano crowd. Most of the album isn't even trap? There's way more boom-bap, did you even listen to it?

>All you're doing is making yourself look like a Fantano fag yourself. It's just called alternative hiphop man.
they undeniably got a lot of their fame from fantano which is why it's relevant. and I said faux experimental because of "they used to play around song structure more and had more interesting ideas than just throwing weird sounds on top of generic trap songs with tired song structures". it's a very common thing to do now because hipsters eat it up.
>Not everything has to be experimental, some music is okay with following a framework.
I never claimed music had to be experimental, you're just failing to understand my point
>They've always used traditional song structures
well that's just not true, their biggest song, or at least what was their biggest song doesn't use traditional song structures
>especially on Floss which is the album that got them most of their clout with the Fantano crowd.
and with Floss I feel like they actually put effort into the songwriting
>Most of the album isn't even trap? There's way more boom-bap, did you even listen to it?
yes I listened to it and most of the album was either influenced by west coast/southern hip hop but did have some elements of boom bap but my point still stands about them just throwing weird sounds on top of those influence to appeal to the fantano crowd

before this thread dies because of another igor thread
anyone wanna give me a link?

Care to elaborate? They seem like it honestly.

Nah I kinda see where you're coming from man. I just personally enjoyed a lot of the lyrical content so I don't think I was being very critical of the songwriting, maybe I'll notice it more on repeat listens. I also felt like the producing felt more, I guess mature? Which is probably from it being less experimental and more formulaic, like you said. Only thing I really disagree with you on is the song structure, I felt like Floss and DILIS had pretty constant hook-verse-hook-verse songs throughout

>making generalizations about people based on what city they live in
Kys, retard.

They’re just super full of themselves, which is to be expected when you have one good album. I think that’s why all their releases post Floss have sucked, not that Floss was particularly good. They just lost touch with where they came from and it shows.

Aoty for me so far I genuinely think it’s their best work 10

Wheres the mega?