Wow the same album as before but with female vocals wooooooow

wow the same album as before but with female vocals wooooooow

Attached: The_National_-_I_Am_Easy_to_Find.png (300x300, 39K)

Not In Kansas is a great song

wtf i thought the National was some old white dads

Attached: nato.jpg (593x554, 35K)

basic white girl band, one of the most uninspired acts ever

imagine being this autistic

>both women

its plain, I liked the previous one better

>it's over an hour long
fucking hell imagine having to sit through the whole thing, it'd feel like an eternity

thats because its a shitty fucking album

Rylan and Quiet Light are the only good songs

sounds good to me desu

Way to diminish the contribution of women.

Attached: qlti_-vW_400x400.jpg (378x378, 26K)

>want to listen to Matt B's beautiful baritone
>every song is some literal who lady with Matt occasionally backing up
What the fuck were they thinking

can confirm, gf likes them and she has the shittiest taste imaginable

Says quite a bit about you, now doesn't it?

The saddest part part is the rest of the music is great, its spacey and vibrant, I just wish Matt had a more upfront role in the vocals

i thought she was covered in sushi

lmao, imagine choosing a partner based on what music you like

unironically have sex

c'mon, Oblivions, Where is her Head and the title track are also awesome. I liked the earlier version of The Pull of You better, but it's still solid too.

cringe

They're trying to branch out from their divorced dad audience

Also, sleep well beast wasn't that memorable so I'm hesitant to even bother with this new schlock. Won't even sound like the national without deadpan Dan leading the band

dude sleep well beast was actually a pretty good record, apart from turtleneck and the title track

I actually enjoyed Turtleneck - its energy and delivery was reminiscent some of their earliest songs/albums.

I'm not like, hating on it or anything, it's still on my device but I never listen to it like I would HV or TWFM
It's more of a 'not sure what to put on but I know the general mood I want' album.

One of the only songs I enjoyed. I was pretty disappointed with this album. Best part was the cover art imo

I tried to listen to the whole thing but about 3/4 the way through I was over it. Too fucking long and not enough content

Yes! He's such a critical component of their sound. This album didn't sound like The National because of this.

yeah sure but it really doesn't fit in the context of the album

Fair enough.

light years is kino

i like the national because they do the same thing each time. they just hone it. it's not this constant chasing a ghost and trying to change. they do a thing well and deeply and refine their art

The art is fantastic.

Great take, although I disagree. It feels like they’re losing some of the emotional output in their music.

The lyrics on quiet light are great though

it feels too early to call on this new album for me
i find with them it takes a while for it to really hit, they're just a grower band. at first they seem kinda meh but after a while you find little turns of phrases and hooks get stuck in your mind and it all takes on a deeper significance.

i was very underwhelmed with sleep well beast at first but now it's one of my favourites, carin at the liquor store or empire line completely fucking slay me nowadays
>can't you find a way
>you are in this too

anyway this one has actually grabbed me more immediately than the last two or three that eventually ended up becoming favourites. maybe that's a bad sign for it's longevity but we'll see

also quiet light was another favourite so far for me. you can't go wrong with the word light

Too long

It feels a lot like a Raymond Carver short story, which I love.

the woman they used (alicia vikander) is too pretty for the part though, it somewhat ruins it.

No surprise the best songs (Quiet Light, Not in Kansas, Rylan, Light Years) are the ones that feature Matt most heavily