Is there a correlation between excellent taste in music and excellent taste in films?

Is there a correlation between excellent taste in music and excellent taste in films?

Attached: file.png (469x769, 114K)

What's your favorite album and film user?

Totally, I mean in art in general.

yeah I'd say so

genuinely burst out laughing

Attached: hesfinallygonetoofar.png (841x671, 33K)

He's a good actor though?

Always thought Michael Caine and De Niro have been pretty one-note as well but they've had some sweet roles. A lot of this list feels kinda out of touch desu.

>there are people who take scaruffi seriously

that's cool i don't feel a need to disagree with that. the list doesn't claim he's a good actor though. it claims that he's the 17th greatest actor of all time and better than anyone who isn't listed higher. that's hysterical, user

someone who watches films can name 100 actors that make eastwood look dead-stiff. but scaruffi does have some great lists

>Sympathy for me vengeance

Park chan gooks only good film. Not even close to top 50 though

Have you seen The Handmaiden? It's my favorite of his I think.

>no Kubrick

Attached: gos.jpg (428x424, 16K)

Out of the countless talentless, obnoxious and unintelligent hacks in the art critic scene, Piero Scaruffi has to be the absolute worst contender. It speaks a lot that a man who has reviewed the works of over 8600 musical artists for more than 30 years is so incompetent when it comes to his alleged 'craft'. Not only does Scaruffi have the lowly musical intelligence that is easily overshadowed by any first-year music student at your local university campus, the man is also an inadequate writer. His critiques are often mediocre, lack true depth or substance, as if he had listened to most of the music as ambience noise while he performed other trivial tasks around his small apartment. He often spews out what more capable critics have already been saying years before him, displaying no originality or free thought of his own. Whatever minuscule level of content Scaruffi manages to say in his writing is completely made to irrelevancy by the totally arbitrary numerical values he assigns at the end of his reviews, as if "5.5/10" means anything in the context of artistic value. To make matters worse, he seems to ignorantly misuse the most simple adjectives as if he is still learning basic writing skills despite three full decades of professional writing, and a number of published books. This is the same man that will claim the widely famous rock group 'AC/DC' as: "one of the greatest heavy-metal bands of all times", and yet one can find a sea of 5-6/10's on their page. Either Scaruffi is humorously unaware of the meaning of the word "best", or he has a clear bias against certain musical styles that don't fit his particular taste. Regardless, the average high school student could likely compose a more thought provoking music review than Scaruffi could even dream of achieving. The ultimate gift to the music industry would be to see this tired elderly man pack up his pencils and disappear off the net for good. Not worth reading his embarrassments of critiques.

I like The Lord of the Rings

>Jack Nicholson
I was watching Easy Rider the other day and it's honestly amazing how much charisma the guy had. The moment his character was introduced the movie went from a 6/10 to a 9/10

Attached: 3cf99eb658ec00183010fd83a1ce11a3.png (624x733, 698K)

sightandsoundcore

Isnt all media forms of art.... subjective

>Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times.
Ellington and Coltrane are supremely important jazz musicians. However, jazz critics in the real world, as opposed to the imaginary jazz critics in Piero Scaruffi’s head, have long recognised that Louis Armstrong is as important, and possibly more so. Here’s Martin Williams in The Jazz Tradition: ‘If we take the most generally agreed-upon aesthetic judgments about jazz music, the first would undoubtedly be the dominant position and influence of Louis Armstrong — and that influence is not only agreed upon, it is easily demonstrable from recordings.’
Why does Scaruffi omits any mention of Armstrong? Because Armstrong was an indisputably great musician who was also wildly popular and commercially successful. Scaruffi’s contempt for the ‘masses’, which we’ll see more of later, means that he cannot accept that any musician who’s been broadly successful with the public has any merit; if the ‘masses’ love it, it can’t be good. The flipside of this is that he will downplay and even misrepresent the popularity of musicians that he likes. The idea that Ellington and Coltrane were in any way unpopular or obscure is completely inane. Ellington during his lifetime became as famous as any jazz musician gets, winning nine Grammies, appearing on the cover of Time magazine and receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1969. Coltrane’s A Love Supreme sold in the hundreds of thousands, and an abridged version of his cover of ‘My Favourite Things’ was even a hit single. But Scaruffi never lets the facts get in the way of what he wants to say. In fact, his contempt for fact is all over this piece.

>32. Christopher Nolan: Memento (2000)
Based

>no Toshiro Mifune

Attached: robert.jpg (642x675, 300K)

>Easy Rider
Absolute kinography

Piero is a faggot

>tldr: I don't l like his reviews because nitpicks
Um, nice try sweaty.

Attached: scaruffi8s.jpg (3864x2835, 3.2M)

based scaruffi drone

this is actually based film taste, I'm surprised he isn't a meme on Yea Forums like here but I guess that board only cares about Game of Thrones and capeshit kek

They have been for most of their career, but when they do something out of the ordinary its truly great, like De Niro in King of Comedy.

Jack is insanely charismatic. Just watch any of the old westerns or B horror movies he made early on, its crazy how lifeless every other character feels when he’s on screen.

probably not, I have the greatest musical taste of all time and I don't watch films at all, except for some capeshit and other movies when I sometimes join my friends in a movie theatre.

>boring, shit movies
yeah, there is a clear correlation

Is there a correlation between taste in music and taste in poetry Yea Forums?

>only one Robert Altman film and it's not McCabe & Ms. Miller
Triggered

post your letterboxds+lastfms bros
that'd make a great idea

I guess but not really the other way around

>not just using RYM for both