Thoughts on IGOR

What do you think?

Attached: D0FEF281-3AD0-468D-BE18-880B2CECE486.jpg (1242x1146, 968K)

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/a/earl-sweatshirt-says-odd-future-s-early-music-attracted-an-incel-fanbase
youtube.com/watch?v=oB_C9OMxyEg
youtube.com/watch?v=9A1-tyCj1DM
mega.nz/#!Kk4xWK7A!dMegAaTj1QVh7b0b-mLjXJcWYWEGQLWxdSBbV7QOOjo
youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw
youtube.com/watch?v=twFAGTRhdNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's ok, not nearly as good as sffb tho

There’s already plenty of threads dedicated to Igor. Mediocre compared to his previous work

It gets pretty good after more listens.
1.Flower boy
2.Igor
3.Cherrybomb
4.wolf
5.bastard
6.Goblin

sounds like a joji album aka shit

Attached: artworks-000405473934-9baaaw-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 36K)

worst album he's made so far

>extremely repetitive with its lyrical content
>lyrical content is shallow in comparison to previous works
>production is good however there are reoccurring patterns over multiple songs which make them sound too similar
>features are either drowned out in the production or aren’t properly utilized
>essentially an entire album about Tyler complaining about a white boy that dumped him
Some rap songs is way better than this by a mile 6/10

it is gusic

Attached: gu.jpg (1024x1004, 291K)

>transitions from hip hop to r&b
>receptive as fuckkk
>good production
>gets boring
>shitty lyrics compared to his other works
>more rapping pls

this but some rap songs and this album are both 5/10s

Slowthai's album is better

>>extremely repetitive with its lyrical content
>>lyrical content is shallow in comparison to previous works

It's not a lyrical album, what a moronic analysis.

Some rap songs is objectively more meaningful than this, not abiding by your shit take

I have listened to every single album ever made.
AMA

Attached: facereveal1.png (323x574, 313K)

what is bethest one

It's extremely enjoyable and a rewarding listen. The criticisms all boil down to "I didn't expect this!" which is really fucking silly.

same old tired synth tritone formula, and not so tired synth tritone neo-soul formula, but this time works better than flower boy

Sheck Wes - MUDBOY

>muh lyrics

"Retards attempting poetry" has never made more sense when it comes to rap fans responding to a non-lyrical album.

You idiot, it’s not about the intricacy of the lyrics it’s about what he talks about and how much substance it is, this is literally a gay breakup album. That’s all it is, there’s nothing else he talks about or explores at least flowerrboy talks about his problems with fame and his personal relationships outside of love this is just about Michael the white boy breaking up with Tyler and him being upset

The way you try to convey information sounds like you're barely functional on a social level.

After eating dogshit for the 70th time, its actually not bad.

meaningful doesn't equal quality

I am wholly unconcerned with your rambling paragraph. Here's your (You).

Fucking retard enjoy your shit album lmfao, it’s 2 sentences btw

It's good. I enjoy hearing it. "Music nerds" should try enjoying music instead.

english is not my first language

I am enjoying the album lol, how is that a sleight at me? Vicious :o

what’s good is one of the best tracks he’s ever made

Thank you for clarifying. Have a nice day.

hiphop head filter

Attached: IM A SICK FUCK I LIKE A QUICK FUCK.png (420x420, 65K)

thanks, you go back to

Yeah, well... go enjoy music you already know you enjoy! Ha! Take THAT!

Fucking facts right here

Go back to fucking sheep and alienating the English speaking population, you troglodyte from an impoverished ghetto nation.

Reminder that Earl and Tyler called their OF fanbase for incels

genius.com/a/earl-sweatshirt-says-odd-future-s-early-music-attracted-an-incel-fanbase

Attached: advanced.jpg (1225x930, 80K)

They're right tho

lyl

Attached: 1554942501097.jpg (478x478, 41K)

yes but tyler himself was an incel

tyler really went and dropped thank u next 2 and yall fuckin know it

fuckin kekt

Nibba there are entire genres only talking about one topic

e.g. G Funk

Some of his best production
My favorites are New Magic Wand, Wat's Good, and I Think
Rapping wise, he still hasn't topped his Bastard era stuff

Bastard > SFFB > Cherry Bomb > Igor > Wolf > Goblin

forgettable

best post

It's not a masterpiece by any means and you shouldn't have hyped it up as such. At the same time, it's very experimental and it pays off for Tyler and all you hip hop heads don't know what good music is

Legitimately my favorite Tyler album now.
Second favorite album so far this year (after Grey Area).

I feel like there’s a lot of Kanye influence, all eras, all over this record.

>best listened to front to back
FUCK OFF

i relistened to bastard recently and it kinda falls off towards the end. cherry bomb and goblin are easily his worst, Wolf is good but bloated.

has it really been 7 years since OF tape vol 2? and 8 since Goblin? Fucking hell

Nah, I meant just his rapping. He used to make an attempt to be lyrical, have internal rhymes, assonance, alliteration, etc. I think he gave up when Earl started overshadowing him.
youtube.com/watch?v=oB_C9OMxyEg

>Cherry bomb easily his worst
Kindly FUCK OFF

Where’s the mega link?

Another example
youtube.com/watch?v=9A1-tyCj1DM

You can tell he was still trying to compete with Earl back then

Tyler has a good album on every other release, SFFB was a great release

the farty bass synth on magic wand is hard to listen to

Eat shit

I love it

Attached: 1557931253658.png (251x251, 85K)

So Tyler isn’t gay?

this, please

I'm just glad it's not another Cherry Bomb

How about you get a streaming service subscription like everyone else

lol

The ultimate power ranking

You're a brainlet if you compare this to cherry bomb. What's good beginning is the only thing that kind of resembles CB but not even really

do you listen to anything except rap?

idiot.

not as good as Yonkers

Attached: gold-farming-china-wow7go-530.jpg (1000x707, 82K)

Injury Reverse's album is much better

This

Flower Boy is still my favorite, but I'm happy to hear him experimenting in every way possible. Had a lot of fun listening, and I'll be putting most of these on my any mood playlist. Good ass record.

Raising the pitch of his voice is a solid thumbs down
Less lyrically deep than previous work

Cool synths

Not at all, it's incredibly vapid and the lyrics are shallow, this is such a bad thing because tyler first became interesting because his lyrics where so vivid and edgy in an each catching entertaining way

LMAO

i like the album as a whole, but i find most of the individual songs forgettable. I'll probably just save what's good and the double track from it

also what the fuck is the deal with the high pitched voice? is it because he isn't confident when singing?

I like it but I also think it's really different from his other work.

I think yall can find a better artist to shill... i mean are you even trying with this faggot tyler shit? hes been a has-been since goblin bombed

He's stated multiple times that the lyrics weren't the focus of the album

>uses ...
Are you brown skinned?

Youre calling me a nigger because I used an ellipsis?

You might need psychiatric help

>uh dude where's the snoopy doopy G-funk this is garbage

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 67K)

It'a shit

What's the best song on it??

literally who makes a post like this

I’m gonna try to give this a second chance now that I’ve woken up and am not sleep deprived, Tyler’s situation is not layered or nuanced enough to stretch along 40 minutes, that’s the only problem I have. That and the production makes songs sound similar to each other and the features aren’t properly used. Was heavily anticipating a ASAP rocky verse but i guess he’s doin adlibs

>Igor is experimental
No it’s not

me? I'm working right now I haven't been able to listen to it and i want to know you niggers' opinion

mega.nz/#!Kk4xWK7A!dMegAaTj1QVh7b0b-mLjXJcWYWEGQLWxdSBbV7QOOjo

new magic wand by a mile

boy is a gun

Really hit or miss imo

New Magic Wand, A Boy is a Gun, What's Good and Are We Still Friends? are great, rest of the album is mediocre as fuck

First half of What's Good.

GAy

Tyler REALLY want to be Pharrell
Do y’all think he’ll ever go back to making a fucking RAP album???

Faggot most faggy song in the album. Tyler has gay sex with twink white boys from north Hollywood.

the first half of this album is so fucking bad

complete dogshit

i want bastard tyler back

seven and blow tyler

not this gay shit

Attached: 1557993086679.jpg (828x1028, 610K)

seems like he just realised the minimoog sounds great as a backbone to every song. And not being a dickhead rapper is also a positive. Owes a lot to ArchAndroid too

>Tyler has gay sex with twink white boys from north Hollywood.
That’s the whole album

Yea and I hate it

Who dat boy

It felt very one note to me. Started giving me ear fatigue by around A Boy Is A Gun. Didn’t really pick back up from there. I’m not into all the balladry. Too many vocal effects too.

New Carly Rae is better

You faggots CLEARLY SEE OTHER IGOR THREADS when your about to post so why do you make another fucking thread?

Attached: Untitled.png (777x655, 109K)

fuck off Wolf is still his best overall

Had that Flowerboy vibe and earlier OF vibe, was perfect imo

and to be honest since tyler isnt a depressed loser anymore I find it harder to get into

bc i dont give a fuck lmao

You’re posting this in a thread that has 100+ replies already. Go back to bed, faggot.

Shit, this is better than any of the songs in this album

Imagine being this much of a loser

Tyler's paying venezuelan niggers to shill his latest piece of shit

They sell OSRS gold too

0.00000000000001 cents have been deposited into your account

Based and true, unfortunately
Fuck you

What do I think? I'm thinking about whether I'll be able to pay my rent this month.

And what's with that picture of that black guy on a pink background?

AMERIMUTT BTFO HAHAHA

7.8/10

Although there are distinct highlights from this album there are also musical redundancies and thematic redundancies with the lyrics. If I hear another pitched up singing chorus again from Tyler I’m gonna lose it because he uses that damn near every song on this album also a distorted bass also distorted synth and also why is his vocal inflection pitched up all the time.

Not only that each feature on this album besides Pharrell and possibly Kanye are all drowned out in the mix and instrumental and are not utilize correctly they had should’ve had him a larger hand and trying to add to the dynamic of each song to break up the monotony of Tyler crooning and yearning for his lover. Kali Uchus is used the same way on Igor’s theme as she was on 911/lonely.

Tyler singing voice is not enough to carry an album although his production this good you can hear patterns and how he attempts to create songs which sound heavily Pharrell inspired. He is attempting to branch out into other genres such as soul and R&B which I find quite refreshing in this day and age.

Overall I do like this album I just find the lyrical themes a bit redundant, the features underutilized and left me wanting more the production is phenomenal although sometimes reminiscent of Pharrell. This is a good album and I want to see where Tyler goes artistically and what genres he attempts to explore next

The whole album sounds like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

he literally raps about fucking boys. you are 100% gay if you like this album

that line about giving someone head but he said hug instead

Attached: 1490608628929.jpg (1337x1289, 238K)

if i ever find you im gonna fuck you in the ass cowboy

tyler straight up has gay sex with underage white boys and no one on woke Twitter seems to care bc muh black gay man

proof he was fucking w boys underage?

I never thought Tyler's music could get any gayer than flower boy. This whole album is on par with that what what in my butt song.

there’s no physical proof but he’s always hanging out w some random ass white kid in la whenever I’ve/my friends have seen him at parties
also, my kid brother graduated HS last year and was STILL seeing tyler attending high school parties

he’s a fuckin weirdo bro

it makes sense. imagine if fucking young was actually about a guy and he just genderswapped it. since you're in that area have you seen him do anything else odd or heard rumors?

Laughable ranking

1. Igor
2. Goblin
3. Flowerboy
4. Wolf
5. Cherry Bomb

didnt remember bastard at all

based

Tyler literally always had a twink boy with him. That asian fag in the bastard era, this white twink in the goblin-wolf-cb era, and god knows who now.

Attached: 1543623743442.jpg (400x600, 33K)

He's identifying himself as someone with a high voice from jerking off

wyyacht on instagram was the boyfriend i think he just broke up with. dude's like 20 and they started in 2017

yea that’s what I been saying ppl in la known tyler was a homo since long before flower boy. but no one seems to kno the underage part yet

>but no one seems to kno the underage part yet
He literally made a track called FUCKING YOUNG / PERFECT

Anyone else remember that early vid of odd future skating with kids where he looks directly at a ~12 year old and says "If you miss, we're gonna FUCK you up."

I mean, Camp Flog Gnaw..? Could you make a more obvious kiddie trap?

it just sounds like Brockhampton.

There's no way in hell you're being serious right now

Attached: 1556564467731.jpg (505x550, 21K)

I’m talking about his flower boy era fans

youtube.com/watch?v=twFAGTRhdNc

Nothing new, really disappointing to be honest. Slowthai new album is a lot better

music for flower boy faggots

sffb was ok 4/10, all other albums by him including igor are 0/10 trash.
one of the worst artists to get widespread attention in the last decade. he is not even the best artist to come out of odd future

Cherry Bomb is a patrician album and if you disagree you're a fantano drone.

AssMilk

based

dude i'm gay lmao

switch Igor and Flower Boy and this is 100% correct

I agree
He can't make good melodies, he doesn't know how to make groovy songs, he can't sing
He tries so hard to be Pharrell but he's nowhere near his level

Lowkey, I feel sometimes even his production was stronger back then, he's just made it more accessible in recent years

>actually ranks the best song from the album
>specifically excludes the reason its the best song
Second half of WHATS GOOD is the reason this album doesnt suck