At what age did you grow out of genre tourism?

At what age did you grow out of genre tourism?

Attached: 1557970720070.png (738x405, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8GLzKDxU8jg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everyone should grow out of it

>xtal is one of the most unique songs ever made
kek

I don't get the point of this post, is it saying people should only stick to one genre of music? lol

Attached: 1356234241036.jpg (480x360, 33K)

When I finally listened to Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe

Attached: 1558031181342.png (800x600, 772K)

There's nothing wrong with liking a diverse range of music if that is just genuinely what you're into.
Being a pretentious faggot is another thing entirely and can happen to you whether or not you're a tourist.

no

not being a genre tourist has nothing to do with not having eclectic music taste

If anything everyone should grow into it. Being a pretentious elitist after 18 is embarrassing, to say the least.

I'm gladly noticing more people having or at least trying to like different forms of music.

>dude I LOVE Radiohead

I never grew into it

I'm pretty much a tourist but I'm not obnoxious about it.

Trying to find lesser known bands, can any Yea Forumsbots help me out?

(preferably grunge rock or heavy metal)

Spam me with all the nu male memes you have but ill defend xtal til i die

How would you feel if I told you these are all tourist as fuck?

how many Yea Forums charts have you completed?

I'm a real new Yea Forumsfag and have only listened to about 2

I listen to a few albums then pick a song I like then I listen to that song over and over again. Then I get a little bored then I move on to the next. Nothing wrong that. Most songs are shit anyway. You got to look for that diamond in the ruf

what did you like from there?

listen to a grunge album you haven't listened to yet then.

Attached: file.png (1207x1470, 2.67M)

Let people enjoy things.

22, now I only listen to obscure neo-prog and synthpop

Incesticide by Nirvana and some of Velvet Underground's stuff

Will do

just noticed Fantastic Planet by Failure is on there, if you liked that then listen to Hum, they're also good:
youtube.com/watch?v=8GLzKDxU8jg

Listening through Fantastic Planet right now. This shit rocks. Thanks for the suggestion.

a lot of albums are just shit though, popular or not but if it has some kind of word of mouth praise or some critical acclaim it has a higher chance of being good
people who listen to mediocre obscure albums just for the sake of listening to obscure albums are the most insufferable kind of people

no problem man

idk how people still in their 20s consider themselves not tourists, there's no way you can have the time to listen to that much
any critic under 50 y/o is an absolute joke

The moment I started exclusively listening to obscure sped up audience bootlegs of p-funk’s ‘88 concerts

so in other words you are still yet to develop your own taste in music and just accept hand me downs from other people lol

I've been listening to all kinds of obscure music for so many years. I've been gradually getting into obvious shit like Radiohead. I mean it's not like it sucks, it's just been overhyped and overexposed. I like being able to get into it without being surrounded by that shit. I find Yea Forums to be especially insufferable when some big hyped popular album is around. I'd rather come around to that kind of stuff afterwards and not have my opinions tainted. I'm trying to get to things I personally overlooked in general. Music I thought sucked when I was 7 is interesting to me as a 30 year old. A lot of the shit I was into 10 years ago I can't really stand just because of the things it reminds me of. I haven't reached an age where I can be nostalgic about the music from that time in my life yet. But I can go in a different direction.

At age 20 when i started listening to Prog exclusively

Genre tourism doesn't exist

I don't get it.

I'm pretty sure most people go through phases of music. One week they'll listen to a genre and the next they're listening to something completely different. When I say most people, I mean most people who're into music.

I'll never mix genres within any given week. Maybe people who do this are autistic or something but I'll have a solid week where I'll only listen to power metal or a solid week listening to jazz fusion.

I don't know why but other genres become very unappealing until I get the urge to listen to them and that's what starts the week exclusive to one genre.