Trent Reznor is getting 50% of Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road" publishing profits

>A publishing contest is said to be raging over Lil Nas X, as well as YoungKio, who enjoys a producer credit on “Old Town Road,” which remains not just the biggest song in the world but a record-shattering cultural phenomenon. All the majors are after this giant. In what has already become lore in the hip-hop world, Lil Nas reportedly purchased Kio’s beat for $30 from the latter’s online store; when it later emerged that the beat was built on a Nine Inch Nails sample, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross ended up with a 50% share of the publishing—which will likely earn the alternative trailblazers an unprecedented revenue windfall. If you need any further evidence of this, check our most recent revenue chart, on which “Road” more than quadruples the earnings of the next-biggest track. Who will land Lil Nas X, and what else does he have in the hopper? In other Nas news, the breakout rapper is still believed to be without formal management, having met with several high-profile players but thus far not having found a champion. He’s repped for legal by David Jacobs at Grubman, Shire, Meisalas & Sacks.

OH NOOOOO HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eGV6zIv0q0g
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LEheSUTGE
youtube.com/watch?v=h-XlN3N2fis
youtube.com/watch?v=WBQEFl8pZgA
youtube.com/watch?v=I_s90-Hi2ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=XF_ceFugJjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0AcGtmJoJOI
nin.wiki/Ghosts_I-IV
youtube.com/watch?v=yzQrdX-E2iY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>He’s repped for legal by David Jacobs at Grubman, Shire, Meisalas & Sacks.

Attached: 4dfdf5a16676767086da1a94d0a8feab3ba1e94eb4f5d130b08f79be7821d2c0.jpg (431x600, 198K)

>nooooo muh precious sound bytes
>those belong to ME
>intellectual property is REAL because i spent time making it but uhhh the labor theory of value isnt true xd

huh i didnt know trent reznor was a fucking kike

maybe rap """"producers""" should learn to play an instrument and composing instead of stealing shit. i'm glad he is taking this little nigga's profits which would have gone into buying designer clothes, expensive cars and (((jew)))elry

my dudes just trying to get a buck. fuck off brainlet

NIGS GUNNA NIG
KIKE GUNNA BURN

>stealing sound waves

ahaha
oh no
oh no no no no

make your own music, nigger.

>stealing green pieces of paper with numbers on them

ahaha
oh no
oh no no no no

learn to play an instrument, nigger.

what do you think Trent is going to buy for his birthday with Lil Nas's money?

Attached: HOMEPAGE-FEATURE_07262017_GOODMAN_RAMONA_ROSALES_VV_TRENT_REZNOR-0106.jpg (1091x703, 125K)

where does fiat get its value from, smoothbrain?

A slave.

a pair of Air Jordans and a bottle of Hennessy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1506397793212.jpg (696x393, 29K)

NO DRINK FOR TRONT

Attached: 1535656977599.jpg (346x334, 16K)

A big cake for his birthday :)

supply and demand, just like the worth of sound wave arrangement

>niggers not only steal physical items but also steal songs and claim it as their own
oh no nO NO NO NO NO BAHAHHAHAHA

>Fiat money gets its value from supply and demand
nigga what the fuck

kill yourself liberal niggerloving cunt

occult jewish sorcery

Money is a both a good and a method of exchange. As a good, it has a limited supply, and therefore there is a demand for it. There is a demand because people can use the money to purchase the goods and services they need and want.

Does this mean all the little niglets of the world are suddenly going to take an interest in Nine Inch Nails?

If that's the case we should do our best to introduce them to the band.

Here are some tracks I thing every negro should listen to:
youtube.com/watch?v=eGV6zIv0q0g
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LEheSUTGE
youtube.com/watch?v=WBQEFl8pZgA

This could actually prove to be a good thing for the negros of the world.
Trent is the perfect influence to show them you can be groovy without degrading yourself.

Does crackers ever get sick stealing from of stealing from hard working black men

White people invented music

>recommending a Year Zero track
>it's not Me, I'm Not
what are you doing, bruh

based. fags trying to profit off rappers or any producer for samples are fucking hacks

smol

Attached: trent.jpg (558x744, 63K)

kek

fucking based

kike detected

:)

>Tront is a /fit/ manlet
top kek

>“Old Town Road,” which remains not just the biggest song in the world but a record-shattering cultural phenomenon
is it?

The entire song is a NIN sample kek

Trent could have pulled The Rolling Stones and take 100% like what Stones did to Bitter Sweet Symphony, this is a pretty calm and fair ordeal

Both are good pleb

its the sicko mode of 2019

>The Rolling Stones and take 100% like what Stones did to Bitter Sweet Symphony
i doubt they took 100%, I can't see how that's legal. Even if you were to argue that the music was all written by the Rolling Stones, they didn't write the lyrics which account for 50% of song publishing.

>"We were told it was going to be a 50/50 split, and then they saw how well the record was doing. They rung up and said we want 100 percent or take it out of the shops, you don't have much choice."

I thought it sampled a NIN album that was released for free under fair use or something like that

>or take it out of the shops
But how do they even have that kind of power, legally speaking?

doesn't mean it's royalty-free, he still made bank off of the song

Songs off Ghosts are free to use as long as you don't charge money for it yourself

seems fair to me

you guys made me watch this interesting video on the subject

youtube.com/watch?v=I_s90-Hi2ZY

Sounds like a good time except replace Jordan’s with yeezys

>negroids

Attached: 1557859608242.jpg (440x960, 66K)

I'm happy for this lil nigga

Attached: tumblr_p5or0mHlBR1sv9lmgo4_400.jpg (320x379, 20K)

You can get a song banned altogether in England. At least, until downloading made banning meaningless.

WE WUZ NINE INCH NAILS 'N SHEET

>americans turned this meme song into the most successful in history

Jesus christ. Its like crazy frog except worse. Will you cucks EVER get over your nigger worship?

>its a billy ray rap feature
Oh no

Learn to make your own fucking music, you dumb cunt. Creative Commons licences are canceled the moment you try to make a buck off it.

Thanks for this weeks grocery money.

Attached: C1WHN1dXAAIhyFl.jpg (1024x1024, 99K)

youtube.com/watch?v=XF_ceFugJjQ
Here's the song he sampled if anybody wants to hear it. If it gets more people listening to Ghosts I-IV, that'd be nice to see.

xxxtentacion jacked material from this as well. Like remora to the shark, the weak latch to the strong

Attached: Trent Reznor Simulator.webm (480x360, 1.08M)

i don't understand what the webm means

Trent posted this to Youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=0AcGtmJoJOI

First I've heard of it.

How do I go full Reznor mode? Is he on gear at 50 or whatever?

>made millions of The Weekend and Daft Punk
>is going to made millions out of this zoomer
>still drops godlike EPs once in a while
How can one man who peaked in the 90s still be so based ?

Attached: trent nin.jpg (1548x1024, 981K)

He’s basically taking money for doing nothing. Not their fault NIN isn’t fun anymore.

Trent Reznor said anyone could use Ghosts as a base for their own work if I remember correctly.

NIN is absolutely still fun you pleb

"this album is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial Share Alike license. More information: www.creativecommons.org"

nin.wiki/Ghosts_I-IV

Bad Witch is the best thing he's done since With Teeth

youtube.com/watch?v=yzQrdX-E2iY

It's under a creative commons license. You can use it, you can't make money off it without forking over royalties Nas paid, so did XXX.

Year Zero and The Slip were better than With Teeth already tho

best thing since NTAE

Best thing since Add Violence

>shitty fruity loops sequences and boomertrent droning some mindless lyrics
If this didn't have NIN name attached, it would be indecipherable from an unsigned loser musician on soundcloud

Year Zero was a mistake.
He should have spent more time working on it.
The idea was really cool though.
With Teeth feels like a very well produced science fiction/drama movie whereas The Slip is garage rock, which I'm not hating on it but it's not as special as With Teeth.

If soundcloud musicians are making music that good then why call them a loser?
Also fuck record labels.

Not The Actual Events feels sort of pointless.
There isn't anything about it that stands out from the rest of the NIN discography.

>liking NIN
He's a plant and He killed post-industrial.
Keep drinking his Soma

>he's a plant
Do you have any proof of this?

>he killed post-industrial
Skinny Puppy was the only decent post-Industrial act anyways so he didn't kill anything, in fact he saved Industrial.
Imagine if there never was a NIN, none of you would even know about Industrial music and it would have all died after 1989.

>“Old Town Road,” which remains not just the biggest song in the world but a record-shattering cultural phenomenon.
Literally never heard of it until now

GIVE IT BACK JAMAL

What is old school wumpscut, Front Line Assembly, Download, The Tear Garden, KD.. .?
Pretty Hate Machine is just late Cabaret Voltaire (Sensoria) but worse.
>He saved Industrial
That's like saying that Nirvana saved rock when all they did was whine about emotions then, this, Pussied Joy Division-like mindset, invaded everything.
NIN never did Industrial until Year Zero, yet Marilyn Manson's Mechanical Animal was more Industrial than it. You know why I just mentioned such album.
What is there to save, user?
>He's a plant
NIN and Ministry seek to castrate Post-Industrial Music from becoming troublesome. No citation, no papers, just music... and the lack of it.
>none of you would even know about Industrial music
Knowing NIN never makes you know Industrial Music.
And Depeche Mode is a thing.

Reznor's not Industrial, he never claimed to be industrial. He got lumped into it because he had industrial influence and toured with industrial acts early. He didn't save Industrial, because Industrial was terminally ill.

Don't act like Skinny Puppy and Ministry or even KDFM have more street cred. They were all racing to the mainstream and got blown out of the water by a guy every man wanted to be and every girl wanted to fuck.

>KDFM
KMDFM, my bad. The band is so forgettable I can't even be bothered to remember the name.

Skinny Puppy and Ministry's latest albums are absolute forgettable drivel. NIN surpassed both of them

Weapon was a good attempt to return to SP's roots and 10 steps up from The Greater Wrong of the Right Handover and Mythmaker

Ministry has been shit since The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste

Nah, rappers are the ones profiting off the hard work of real musicians while they mumble about random shit

>What is old school wumpscut, Front Line Assembly, Download, The Tear Garden, KD
Again the only reason people know about any of those bands is because of Nine Inch Nails.
Without NIN post-Industrial would be stayed an obscurity and died out

>NIN never did Industrial until Year Zero
Okay you're retarded, I get that now.

>NIN and Ministry seek to castrate Post-Industrial Music from becoming troublesome. No citation, no papers, just music... and the lack of it.
Yes because bands like Front Line Assembly and Wumpscut are so much more legitimate *rolls eyes*

>none of you would even know about Industrial music
Knowing NIN never makes you know Industrial Music.
And Depeche Mode is a thing.

Don't be a tool

Skinny Puppy up to Last Rights is legit the greatest Industrial you will ever experience.
And fuck "cred" the whole Industrial scene post TG has been about dickwaving/pretentious posery.

>>intellectual property is REAL because i spent time making it
How is this untrue?

based, fuck lazy sampling

>racing to the mainstream
How can you actually listen to early skinny puppy and think "yep these guys are definitely going for the Madonna crowd"?

>which remains not just the biggest song in the world but a record-shattering cultural phenomenon

Huh, what?

Attached: 543524365.png (1275x721, 799K)

Just listened to it, what an awful song

How tall is Trent?

They probably weren't aiming as high as Al was, but it wasn't much different then Slipknot reaching the mainstream in the 00's, except when Trent hit it out of the park Nivek got real sanctimonious about it for years.

5'7

Attached: 3ce4266e04eedad3d23a6500ba6d7375.jpg (500x382, 70K)

>remember that time I roofied you?
>>Al no
>Then when you crashed I shaved you and you woke up halfway through and started screaming
>>Al stop
>Remember when I used to beat you up on the Revco tour?
>>Al leave me alone

Attached: 51066394_395476097882512_6572023351934954136_n.jpg (640x640, 64K)

Don't forget Academy Award winning composer

Was this taken from an article? If so, can you send me a link for it?

Attached: 1502192848847.png (600x1382, 183K)

>wasn't much different then Slipknot
Slipknot started as a shitty Mr Bungle knock off and then changed their sound to be more like Korn and Limp Bizkit because they were making bank at the time, and then continuously became more and more radio friendly as time went on. SP were always too ugly to ever be on radio, and they did it on purpose. You don't sing like Gollum through a ring modulator under waves of harsh bleep bloops swimming in reverb and expect to get mainstream, particularly when no one in the mainstream is doing that. NIN became successful because it was always rooted in pop music, no matter how abrasive it got sonically, it always had a big catchy vocal melody and recognizable song structure.
>Nivek got real sanctimonious about it
Probably because NIN's success resulted in SP being sold to a major label, and that label forcing them to make a metal influenced album to sound like NIN, which ended in Dwayne's death and the band breaking up. Also the Pigface thing, and he probably wasn't all that into Trent's music which isn't a crime.

When did Daft Punk sample NIN?

>in other nas news
hes not nas you motherfuckers