Harsh noise general

How have you guys been doing so far in 2019? Any interesting new buys? Been to any cool shows? Please discuss any noise related experiences or topics in here. Any type can be included (even noise rock/pop, etc.)

Attached: merzcast.jpg (940x736, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/mephisto_waltz/lethe-i-live-in-shame-remix
diamat.bandcamp.com/album/golgotha-harsh-noise-wall
soundcloud.com/dmn2398/untied
timesnewalien.bandcamp.com/album/metals
youtu.be/MB43M1D2Ozo
youtu.be/J-IJ8YiGocA
wristclutchexploder.bandcamp.com/album/exquisitely-preserved-evidence-of-nitrogen-inflation-therapy-at-the-sickle-cell-anemia-clinic-near-the-scene-of-the-crime
youtube.com/watch?v=edrQDOwqhfU
youtu.be/zKU2iS4OMq0
danfriel.bandcamp.com/album/total-folklore
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I find noise shows? Serious question :(

which city you in

Chicago

What part?

harsh noise is literally for retards who can't play actual music

feels good only listening to neonazi shit and never having to interact or be associated with fags like this

Join noisecave on facebook. Possibly go to metal shows in your area (heavy shit like doom, drone, metalic hardcore) and ask about noise shows.

Bridgeport

kek

Also, can we share our own harsh noise projects in this thread...?

newfag here, only listened to like 35 albums
listened to a noise pop album (midwest emo) by nouns called still, really enjoyed it
listened to 13 by blur since i don't even know, great album

yes

How is Merzbow live?
Got a ticket to see him in July, pretty hyped

soundcloud.com/mephisto_waltz/lethe-i-live-in-shame-remix

Attached: tumblr_pq3eawjG3S1qjcjl1_540.jpg (540x720, 130K)

>WANTWOTHREEFOUR

Attached: 1c1.jpg (832x690, 226K)

Money grabber faggots

Hardly

I wish I could see him live. Where are you going to see him?

diamat.bandcamp.com/album/golgotha-harsh-noise-wall

Most of the stuff I put out is around Experimental Industrial/a more rhythmic power electronics, but the record linked is definitely more of a harsh noise release.

Attached: christ golgotha.jpg (912x960, 163K)

>diamat.bandcamp.com/album/golgotha-harsh-noise-wall
i like it, very brutal walls. It's varied too so it's not just a distorted wall, which I like. I think people who do that give HNW a bad name, but I like your take on it.

Cheers, a little dynamics never hurt anyone! I guess HNW purists may dislike me using that label as it could be argued that the variation draws away from the very meditative intensity, but fuck it.

I like it though, it makes it more interesting. I wish more people would make HNW like that instead of just walls. Sometimes I feel like a lot of HNW artists are pretentious. Even artists like the Rita do stuff that make me feel like he is sometimes.

It all depends on what sort of experience you're going for I guess. That and noise can be so abstract you can dress it up any any concept you want without necessarily allowing the conceptual stuff to direct the development of the walls in any dynamic or particularly noticeable way. Maybe The Rita succumb to this when it comes to their dance-oriented walls, I'm not sure.

Yeah I guess it is like a hipster genre at the end of the day. Not really sure what point I was trying to make. But I like your stuff regardless, I'd like to hear more. Seems like you've already put out a lot of stuff too which is cool.

soundcloud.com/dmn2398/untied

Sludge n bass

nice what DAW did you use to make this?

just imagined the sounds in my head. the real hassle was uploading it to sc

Yeah I know what you mean sometimes the uploads will be fucked up. Happened to me once when trying to upload FLAC. I've just stuck to uploading mp3, I mean wav does work. But it takes longer is the only thing, even though a wav file is more preferred by people anyway.

timesnewalien.bandcamp.com/album/metals

Made this a while ago. Goal was to make noise with just guitar. Ended up being more sludge and drone but still very noisy.

Attached: a2299724213_16.jpg (700x700, 139K)

VIRUS DONT CLICK Haha jk man I like this. You can actually hear the guitar in this once I think is cool. I think a lot of people underestimate what guitar noise can really do. It is definitely a versatile instrument, and noise is no exception.

Hey thanks. Yeah there's a lot that can be done with guitar once you start messing around with it. Arrangement is 90% of noise for me though.

youtu.be/MB43M1D2Ozo
This was released last year but I've only discovered it recently. Really well made imo

>Arrangement is 90% of noise for me though.
Yeah I honestly agree, it's what makes noise really interesting. At first I really liked the super distorted japanese style harsh noise walls. But after I started getting into more noise that was unconventional sounds, I really realized how much potential it really had. And by potential I mean growth and ability to attract other people who may not like heavy distortion, but just experimental music that didn't rely on regular theories on composing a song or use of instruments.

there's a really cool house venue I found in Tampa if there's any people in the area lmk

really that's awesome post it

hey guys can you rec some super harsh noise that is at the same time super pop sounding that isnt generic shoegaze or incel weeb bullshit? ty in advance.

youtu.be/J-IJ8YiGocA

have sex.

Get your sister

Torrent the merzbox and listen to some albums

wristclutchexploder.bandcamp.com/album/exquisitely-preserved-evidence-of-nitrogen-inflation-therapy-at-the-sickle-cell-anemia-clinic-near-the-scene-of-the-crime

Attached: a4245162531_16.jpg (700x700, 29K)

it's called the Inbetween Gallery come to a show some time

You're the guy who got buttblasted about Biskaidan, aren't you?

Nice bro how'd you record this?

Whats the address? Facebook page??

So besides the work of some Yea Forumstants (no offence meant) what are some of the better harsh noise albums to come out this year?

Pedestrian Deposit
Worth
New Controlled Death (Masonna) stuff is decent

Related:
Wet Nurse
Moral Order

Thanks dude

>soundcloud.com/dmn2398/untied
Love this!

If I recall correctly there were a lot of sound sources and layering going on. I was doing experiments involving shortwave radio and recording audio from bizarre mediumwave stations late at night, I was also playing around with a microkorg and some effects pedals and it all just kinda came together. It took the longest to record and I had the most amount of fun putting it together but statistically it ended up being my least popular release.

Microkorg...nice can't go wrong with that. But ya messing with radio stations sounds cool. I've never actually done that, I should look into it. I've heard some empty AM or FM channels before that sounded pretty hard.

Love pedestrian deposit, good to see they're back out there again

Bump

saw them recently

one of the best shows I've been too

yeah i like their live shows too, they are good performers. I like how his girl plays with him too she's cute :)

Ramleh?

I liked Form Hunter - Dripping Curve

Hes just trolling, ignore him >.>

hollinndagain
it's probably the only noise album that fits what you're looking for and it's amazing

>hollinndagain
animal collective you say? hmmm

been here since they were fucking spammed 24/7 years ago. i don't care for much of their stuff but i can say their noise era stuff is amazing. no one was doing the kind of weird catchy noise they were doing on spirit (to an extent, danse manatee, hollinndagain, and here comes the indian. check it out

facebook /theinbetweengallery/

Oh looks cool, thanks man

i guess i could give them a try. I've never actually listened to animal collective. Though I am aware of the memes, just never listened to them. I am sure it will be some decent noisey music though haha :)

Bump

Really what do you like about them? Are they even harsh noise at all? Or do you just like and respect the genre but choose not to get involved?

see ya there, fren :)

this is fantastic. I'd love to sample this

in Melbourne, he's playing a venue called the Substation, perfect venue for him, it's a converted electrical substation, huge main stage, if it's anything like this set it should be pretty stunning

youtube.com/watch?v=edrQDOwqhfU

get sex you weirdo.
legit asking, pal.
that was boring and totally not "extreme noise" neither super pop, hard pass.
im liking this stuff, but lacks the endulcorated pop part, still ty.

well i tried
hopefully you find what you're looking for
youtu.be/zKU2iS4OMq0

danfriel.bandcamp.com/album/total-folklore

Not incredibly harsh but still noisy

>listening to neonazi shit
>not a fag
pick one