1969 in the midst of the Vietnam War

>1969 in the midst of the Vietnam War
>Liberal hippie retards everywhere doing drugs and protesting
>beautiful Anthem comes out empathizing with the plight and suffering of the confederate civilians and military
>glorifying the working man, honor, and loyalty
How based is this shit??

Attached: ADCE4AAF-F99B-43FF-BD78-E65E62C38DC3.jpg (1125x1740, 859K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jREUrbGGrgM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R_p0lbEuKzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtu.be/jREUrbGGrgM

who /dixie/ here?

Attached: DB125519-C435-48A9-BD28-2DF5968C0277.gif (128x128, 43K)

>larping as a boomer
pathetic

Attached: 2799E549-8E38-4203-88CC-87FE4E35D506.jpg (1948x976, 203K)

do only boomers live in the south or what

Do we just not listen to anything older than 2019? What’s your idea

Fuckin retard bitchass inbred confederates, you idiots fucking lost get over it

yes and the slaves were freed and then integrated into society and america is a beautiful country with safe cities and no crime. god bless the union

lemme re-write it that then
>pretending to be a god-fearing nascar-watcher cheap-beer-drinker work force blue collar traditional american boomer
>on Yea Forums
you are pathetic

Lyrically it’s a nice tale and instrumentally it’s great. Name something comparable/better doesn’t matter from what time period

Who on this board hasn't seen The Last Waltz ? The 70s were lit

>god-fearing
no
>nascar-watcher
yes
>cheap-beer-drinker
yes
>work force blue collar
yes
>traditional american boomer
no

almost!

Attached: 463A1243-997E-47B9-BB00-62F1DB213CB2.jpg (283x270, 19K)

Why can’t we just enjoy the song what’s your opinion on it?

You’re right, black American culture was destroyed by the failure that was post-war integration and Jim Crow. Great point user!

I'm from North Florida. That's still technically Dixie.

Yeah fuck can't believe we're still cleaning up the mess you fucking dumb sacks of shit made in the first place

3/5 is an in
no, stop enjoying things

Technically Dixie? North Florida is pretty much as southern as it gets.

So are all southerners a bunch of retarded rapist pedophiles or is that just the vocal minority? (serious question)

Yeah love it. Have you seen The Last Waltz?

red pill me on pre war black culture

florida is the only state where the more north you go, the more southern it gets

Oh absolutely. It's just that most people out of state tend to ignore Florida outside of like Miami and Orlando.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MASSA

I’m not even close to the south lol and it’s an interesting take on perspectives when most media just doesn’t talk about anything from the “the confederate” besides “slaves bad!”

are you just like picking any slur and trying to make a cohesive sentence?

tfw no

Attached: 8FE27901-0815-4A5F-9EA9-C53F15DDD721.png (509x680, 756K)

In America? Completely out of their control.

Literally what? The Band, the group that made this has Canadian members.

I don't consider myself country, but most of the country people I've known have been decent, hard working, and not racist. It's just that the media likes to enforce this stereotype and make the entire South look retarded.

Not in full just clips really. Scorsese is a great directory

The media is mostly based in California and NYC and they regard everything in between those two locations as just some dumb toothless hicks who drive an F-150 and don't matter at all.

no

Canadians sympathizers to the confederacy are even stupider than their American counterparts

You do it to yourselves. How about this whole pro-rape and incest abortion bill that Alabama just passed

reminder southern killed thousands of white men because they really wanted to keep their bbc for themselves

The way abortion was legalized in the first place was shady as fuck.

everyone i know fro mthe south is black. i have never seen a redneck in my life so i cannot be sure if they even exist

fuck the south
inbred hick pieces of shit

Attached: sherman__challenge.jpg (499x471, 63K)

Not relevant

Except levon is from the south, but yeah.

all amerishits are inbred subhumans

You're just being ignorant

Well, Alabama and Mississippi are pretty retarded, I'll give you that.

Are you upset with him for appropriating your culture then?

Attached: Screenshot_20190516-234112_Chrome.jpg (988x1827, 487K)

Yes, this absolutely represents all of Alabama and its residents.

great band

>being passive aggressive
cringe

look at all the triggered union fags in this thread. the south shall rise again mother fucker and this is the anthem

When?

It better.

Completely untrue, keep spewing histrionic garbage about places and people you never knew or have been too and enjoy your window seat library gumwrapper perspective on life faggot

Imagine being a part of one of the most interesting social and artistic upheavals in history, and being a fucking conservative redneck, jesus fucking christ the right wing is so embarrassing

Gtfo redneck

Elton John also did a confederate song around the same time
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R_p0lbEuKzk

the south is a disgusting backwater inbred regressive shithole

song was more about their suffering then anything like "south will rise again" or whatever the fuck you guys are on about. He had to go in a library and sit down and read some books on the history cause guess what ya they're mostly canadians.

It wasn't even larping, they spent about 10 years on the southern music circuit before bob dylan picked them up. Or something like that, they were absorbing all the different elements of american culture.

Really one of the greatest bands to come out of america though from this era. 2 goat albums in a row with startlingly different sounds. 3 if you count basement tapes.

sorry i don't sympathize with the suffering of people fighting to own black people as farm equipment

The "counterculture" was just sheltered white teens thinking empty hedonism with a surface level coating of eastern spirituality was going to change society while proxy wars abroad and race riots at home were burning everything to the ground. We got some good music out of it, but even the best musicians of the psych era eventually realized the hippie scene was a joke and left. It's the ones who never grew up that gained control the historical narrative about the counterculture and fooled everyone into thinking it was worth anything.

lmao, only 5-10% of the population in the south owned slaves. You can't damn the whole bunch of them mate.

You just watch him try