What does Yea Forums think of twenty one pilots

I saw them live yesterday and don't get alot of the hate they get. I will say, however the the clique is pretty shitty.

Attached: regional at best.jpg (300x300, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MdZSOoOF5Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=7UYC615HGr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>twenty one pilots
>not hating them
You must be 18 years old to post on Yea Forums

I'm just trying to figure out why people dont like them. is it the lyrics, the sound, the fans?

ive been into since they blew up way back in 2010 and it's 100% the fanbase
back then their fans consisted of early 20 year old dudes and it was pretty chill

since before they blew up** woopsies

It's pretty much the same music as Imagine Dragons. Frankly I hate the "genre" they both belong to as a whole. They both make overly simplistic and boring music that tries to sound "epic" and "motivational" and "hard" by combining hard hitting sampled drums, and heavily reverberated synths.

If this is supposed to be the replacement for rock music it's sad and pathetic.

NOPE FUCK OFF LOL

Why "nope"? What specifically? You asked I answered. That's the honest truth.

The music is retardedly simple on par with some typical pop music, and the instrumentation is bland and boring trying to sound "epic" and "heavy" while accomplishing nothing in my opinion.

It's basically Ariana Grande for boys.

>2 white soibois doing rap-rock and reggae
>but with tumblr blog lyrics

ride is legitimately a good song

You are legitimately a retard if you think that

>safe and shallow pop production
>safe and shallow songwriting
>terrible vocalist
>gay ass lyrics
You need to listen to more music.

i have a masters in music theory

Then please explain to me in music theory terms why you find their songwriting impressive. I have yet to hear an interesting chord or rhythmic progression in their work.

It sounds childish as fuck to me. I am also quite well versed in music theory.

you sound scared of his opinion

i didn't say it was impressive, i said it was good

I feel trench is their best album and fixes these problems that were in blurryface

did the dudes from 21 pilots rape your mom or something lmao

Everything but Trench is kinda bad desu

>inb4 fagtano drone

No. Trench is legit a good album

La Dispute for easily impressed teens

Good by what standard then? I think it's boring as fuck musically and it doesn't connect to me lyrically in any way.

I think it's casual music for casual fans no different than Ariana Grande for girls.

OP asked. That's why. It's childish music for boys. People who listen to or play music seriously won't find much to latch onto.

bruh are you from calgary

it sounds like you only enjoy music insofar as it's helpful in your pursuit of needless posturing
denounce your pseud status, redditor, and ascend

Someone made a thread asking why people don't like it. I explained. People shouldn't ask questions if they don't want answers.

And actually, I just like music if I find it challenges me in some way. Eg. I was watching this video on Pyramid Song which explained something I haven't gotten fully about the song for years:

youtube.com/watch?v=MdZSOoOF5Ms

I think that's interesting. Not that every song has to be that way. But I like interesting key changes every now and then. Or cool instrumentation. Or lyrics that mean something to me.

Maybe if I was a 15-20 year old dudebrah snowboarding or skateboarding with my brahs this would make sense to me. But I'm not and it doesn't.

Reminder adult stans harassed and scared away /ourboy/ because of this video
youtube.com/watch?v=7UYC615HGr4

lmao

>pretty much the same music as Imagine Dragons.
Not even close

Because it's the 2010s Nickelback.

Edmonton

How are they different? Sounds like McDonald's vs. Burger King to me.

Then you underestimate how shitty imagine dragons is

I don't understand how either is shittier than the other. They both use the same instrumentation, both the same basic styles of composition, both have very simple lyrics intended to appeal to teenage boys.

Maybe 21 Pilots has a bit more "reggae" influence but that's just superficial.

literally this. i'm in the same boat. it's the shitty fanbase they led them to release more and more mediocre music.

basically everything they've released on label has been shit. Regional at Best and Self Titled are still very top tier records though.

The difference is that twenty one pilots had some decent records before they sold their souls to a record label, whereas imagine dragons has always been shit

twenty one pilots have a much more diverse sound whereas Imagine Dragons are kinda one-note. They also have much better songwriting and composition. But I agree with you that overall twenty one pilots are still lacking,

yes thank you. however i really love trench but i may be biased as i saw them live and it reminds me of the concert.

>teenage boys

Only people I've ever met who listen to 21 Pilots are entitled, sheltered, white bitches from the suburbs

Best concerts in Alberta coming up?

Love them, first album is their best though

dude as 21p fan why is everyone so defensive here lmao

I think its becasue like half of the people here are saying its garbage and the other half are being overly defensive. people dont want to hear their music choices arent worldy loved i guess

go back to tumblr you must be 18 to post

You're exactly right. Its genre mashing trying to make pop rock more entertaining. Instant gratification music made for fueled by ramen fans with already very low expectations

my dad likes their music

Attached: 1b383cc7e416e040d36d37b7fea27ad5.jpg (495x495, 33K)

my music theory teacher has a masters in music theory and he thinks tupac is the only good rapper

Not to mention the overly forced mental illness subjects that they love to hint at in every song. Nothing more than a few interesting beats and very uncomfortable flow that this white boy stumbles through. No need to ask- I’ve listened to it all.

They love to take any criticism as a ‘you just don’t get it’ because of the subject matter. Listening to twenty one pilots is a good way to show nearly anyone you know how low your intelligence is. Formulaic - forced - elitist.

Holy fuck you’re right. I just saw la dispute so I guess I’m more difficult to impress teen

Ok frankenstein

Calgary suburbs lmao

The amount of 21fag cope in this thread...

Attached: 1555047418451.gif (320x240, 3.48M)

They're hot

Attached: ff05ebd350872d64da1301b4f2db1d1f.jpg (640x1136, 89K)