Fantano sells out?

Everyone is saying Fantano sold out, but I'm not convinced. Is there good evidence of this? Has his music taste noticeably changed the last few years?

Attached: file.png (255x197, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B5TyJk3bev4
discord.gg/zk594g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off back to work Tony

Putting ads in the videos themselves makes him an automatic sellout.

He suffers from autism. He'll piss on the carpet and roll around in it if you touch his favorite crayon.

yes there is evidence...his youtube channel. yeah his tastes have changed or at least his willingness to review things that arent pop or rap. dude doesnt even do metal reviews anymore

and when he does its mostly on his "whyunoreview" videos, where he unironically uses the term "meat & potatoes" for literally every single metal album he talks about on there

He sold out to the faggot SJW corporate overlords right after the Fader article.

Faggot piece of shit subhuman spamming fucking Fantano threads fuck you I hope you get raped to death by a pack of wild niggers I hope there’s an accident and you lose both your hands so you can never post again I’m sick of this bald fat faggot on this board I don’t give a shit about what good album he rated poorly or what bad album he rated highly he’s a stupid fucking idiot we know that we’ve always known that but you retards come here every fucking hour of every fucking day saying “durr wait why fantano be dumb bald man not rate album how I rate album” why don’t you pull your head out of your ass do the world a favor and get a fucking shotgun and end your posting career early I’m sick of coming to Yea Forums and seeing this subhuman and always the same fucking complaints about him just stop fucking posting him he’s not a musician and his videos aren’t even interesting just stop it I hope the skull is ripped out of your head and your brains are split in two and then they’re both put back and the process is repeated over and over I hope you live in abject misery I never want to see a thread about him again I hope your spine is split in half I hope your heart is clogged with cum I fucking hate these stupid fucking low quality threads we need a permanent ban on these threads so I want the mods to just fucking end this and I don’t even like them fuck off just do it stop posting yes we get it he’s a moron you’re the moron for posting him whether you like him or not you’re a fucking cancer cell killing this board eat my whole ass I’m sick and tired of you people being alive if theneedledrop were deleted off youtube this board would probably suck for a few weeks or so but then it would be so great as people realized he was never coming back I’m fucking begging you here please stop posting him stop posting about how you like and support him and stop posting about how you dislike or hate him just stop making threads about this shit

No.

he's a massive attention whore, who's now using his fame to grab as much cash as he can before he dies off. He knows it's gonna happen, he must be painfully aware 'reaction' channels are gonna overtake his extremely boring and tedious format of talking pointless jargon for 10 minutes and giving a meaningless score.
It's his life but he gets 0 respect from Yea Forums and for good reason.

cring

Yeah.

is everything ok at home mate

who's to say he won't start making reaction videos himself exclusively, all while outsourcing written music reviews in his website from other psueds just so he could keep his cred in check

not even a sellout. just an awful reviewer since the beginning
if death grips didnt catch hype and he didnt overrate them. he would be a nobody

I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't think it'd save his dying career

he only reviews shit that will get him hits, you can count unknown artists that he has helped pushed on one hand in the last 3 years, and Rosalia is the only one I can even think of on the top of my head

>now using his fame to grab as much cash as he can before he dies off
examples?

shilling some metal wallet, doing tours, (focusing on views for youtube money) etc.
He also brags about how much money he made off the fader article all the time (like anyone cares). Just shows his priorities.

has anyone here been to a fantano tour? what the fuck does he do, a live meme reading?

also he does youtube 'Q and A's where he answers questions from anyone that gives him money. Obviously doesn't answer questions from people who dont pay, wonder why?

you can find them on youtube, its worse then you'd believe

they're basically just q&a's, some comedy thrown in

His Billie Eilish review

you'd know this if you watched a a few videos every year up to now or was on Yea Forums for more than 3 years. you're just trying to stir up more fantano shit, but here's your reply

Somebody post a pic of that tweet where he talks about the new Billie album being "lit af". That was the most damning evidence that he's putting all his eggs in the gen z basket. I don't care what he thinks of the album, but the fact that he was using the vernacular of a 16 year old was really telling.

congrats, you've just written your own new copypasta

this

Everyone who makes money from Google is a sellout

Attached: 60169025_182401819421692_279671313784635392_n.jpg (480x596, 22K)

"yeah, work for free"

>talking pointless jargon for 10 minutes and giving a meaningless score
Couldn't have said it better. Bassfag only burbles on about shit he doesn't comprehend. It's anoying

He's been increasingly talking and acting like a youtube hype guy for zoomers, and he gave those unusually high ratings for those two awful pop albums this year.

Yea Forums has such a hate boner for fantano when they forget that he literally came from this board lmao

Attached: heh wojak.png (724x611, 129K)

>emerges from a shithole full of retards, therefore he should be praised as the internet's best music critic

so what, faggot

you think just because some flaming dickgobbler (who's now famous all of a sudden) came from this board, we're supposed to give a shit about him?

Him making it a job vs a passion project makes him a sellout

Attached: 1_tZLD14tEAKJXE05bqT8CCw.gif (480x270, 686K)

You know you guys could just say you don’t like his taste and move on without trying to make up some elaborate scheme where he sells out

yeah and then he ghosted us, he pretends he doesnt even know us even though WE MADE HIM WHO HE IS. hes a little eric sparrow tier faggot and id bust his melon head open like a fucking melon if i ever met him in real life

Attached: 6a47ee5aa5886ae2e49176fed4bee21e414e482a8ed6de02d784cdcb0934ba8c.jpg (625x483, 64K)

for a straight month he uploaded only pop/rap album reviews and none of his underground sperg shit that i like exploring.

welcome to Yea Forums newfag

this

His taste was always terrible.

how would you review metal when most that's coming out is crap, appart from the few stoner or doom albums that come out

another thread where Yea Forums cries about some dude who managed to make a living out of talking about music on youtube. Shut the fuck up you dumb crybaby faggots. DONT WATCH HIS FUCKING VIDEOS IF YOU DONT LIKE HIM AND STOP MAKING THESE FUCKING THREADS. Thank you.

90% of the music he covers on both tnd and fantano channels are rap and r&b, and 90% of his viewerbase are zoomers. Coincidence?

calm down melon

Yea Forums made him

Attached: ApRuHKH.jpg (455x750, 117K)

based and redpilled

>I can't help but this song has a crunchy smell to it that just fuzzes my experience with throbbing warping deadpan poetry
It's a bit much

what gave it away? that he praised some
shitty industry plant who is just a lorde reboot

Who TF is Fantano and who gives a fuck if it sold out?

we only cry because we used to care, it's like seeing an old friend become a shit eater.

Attached: 1533753507101.jpg (1000x2700, 442K)

>eric sparrow
felt that.

but anyway we literally have nothing to do with his success as a YT person. On like, two different occasions he's referenced this board, but even that was years ago. This is such a tiny piece of the fucking pie. We're nobody.

still not as bad as Yea Forums spawning Notch and Toby Fox

the myopia on this board is so embarrassing. /b hasn't had cultural sway in ten years, where the fuck do you think that leaves us?

What's the point of calling someone a sellout then? Almost literally every musician who does it for a living is a sellout under that definition.

calling yourself a music critic while not being able to hold the same political and music tastes through the years

how low can one man fall

>one is a multibillionaire
>other is a giant celebrity in japan with Touhou and Mother creators fawning for him
um...

You type like an 18yo Internet communist with acne who's in dozens of "sounds X but ok" groups on Facebook.

>we used to care
>Fantano is like an old friend
Speak for yourself, user.

case in point

I went to one of his shows because my friend REALLY wanted to go and it wasn't that far of a drive thinking they would be more like a mini-presentation and talk about the music industry and an organized lengthy QnA but jesus christ it was cringy as hell. He starts off with a song from Cal Chuchesta and then just has three meme filled bits, does a QnA for about 5 minutes, and then just fucks off without any meet and greets.

>three meme filled bits
please give more detail

imagine being this much of a new fag

they are REALLY stale memes. He starts off with his weakest meme which is adding Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles" into the middle of songs as his take on the 4D and 9D audio craze, calling it 420.69XD audio. Then his second bit is I guess more akin to what I was expecting, he just goes on a mini ted talk about how Drake is the most innovative rapper of the era while constantly shitting on Logic (just Logic). Then he jumps to a full breakdown of All Star, which in itself is the meme.

If you wanted something more akin to an in-person TheNeedleDrop, you aren't getting it. If you wanted something a bit more unhinged like ThatIsThePlan, you still aren't getting it. It's some weird mix of both that appeals only to the most normie of his media consumers which aren't the people buying tickets to his shows. I don't know if it was the same last year or whenever he held his last talk, but I could tell some of the older folks were definitely dissapointed. It's such a weird demographic to target, like none of the people who bought tickets want to see this. Maybe the Cal bit at the start if you REALLY like Cal for some reason.

what the hell

how long does all this go on for?

youtube.com/watch?v=B5TyJk3bev4
IMAGINE PAYING MONEY TO WATCH THIS

Attached: JackNicholson.jpg (1280x800, 330K)

A bit more than an hour, close to 1 hr 30 minutes

he should be fucking sued for this scam

Attached: 1533383722154.png (796x434, 143K)

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. If you could do what you love and get paid for it, no person would turn that down. No one.

I mean not telling people what its about is a bit suspect and I should've known. It's just that when he talks about when it was cancelled and stuff, he talks about it like it was more of a talk, maybe with a guest, and that it would be more related to I don't know... contemporary music? Not memes?

Or at least good memes, like choose some good memes.

>Evan Zhuo 2 days ago
>oh hey he did the same video as he did in the last tour

Attached: 1547115403600.jpg (600x597, 42K)

god that sounds so awkward

thank you for this valuable information, hope you at least enjoyed the trip with your friend

It doesn't feel too awkward because it seems like the crowd dug it, Fantano is not an uncharismatic guy, it's the reason his channel succeeded. But it wasn't like... entertaining. I don't know why anyone would pay 20/25 again to hear another three dumb jokes.

>Fantano is not an uncharismatic guy
He has a moany nasally voice that's very irritating and the personality of a wet paper bag.

thanks, san diego is a shit hole but it has a ton of bars

the stress of living there is probably conducive to drinking

Kids See Ghosts review

I always really enjoyed watching his stuff even if I disagreed a lot of the time but he doesn't even review a lot of the stuff I listen to anymore and instead focuses on hip hop and pop. I'm still surprised he skips reviewing so many indie releases now. Look how much hype that Weyes Blood had to get before he bothered.

I feel like I no longer care about his reasoning. I used to actually be able to watch his reviews and sort of see where he's coming from but now it all just sounds so vague to me.

I can't tell if I've changed or if he has.

I don't think that's just you. I used to have a better idea what he would and wouldn't like but his actual music taste seems really arbitrary now, it's almost political now - like he's always hyper aware of what his output says about him and the influence he has maybe.

>I feel like I no longer care about his reasoning.
I mean just look at his Billie Eillish review. It's less a joke about Billie and more a joke about how he reviews shit nowadays. It's so completely and utterly vague that people still don't know if the review itself is a joke.

It's really sad, he gets paid to review the album highly then posts it on april fools so years later he can say "haha guys was just a joke!!"
Absolutely pathetic shill behavior

Imagine being this surface level

>eric sparrow tier faggot

i kek'd

>also he does youtube 'Q and A's where he answers questions from anyone that gives him money. Obviously doesn't answer questions from people who dont pay, wonder why?
I remember spectating a few of them and just being utterly surprised at how people would literally throw money at him just to see if he mentions their favourite shit band.
Saw one guy drop a total of $400 one session just to have melon answer whether or not he's heard of kinoko teikoku. When he finally acknowledged the question he basically handwaved he might give em a listen in the future. Bruh.

Attached: 1554760673899.gif (450x378, 1.25M)

Imagine going deep dive into

Neo-Avant-Garde-Dark-Brutal-"I just fucked my mother"-Technical-Black Metal

To find something interesting.

Okay dude

Don't wanna hate but metal is fucking dog shit now. The poster before said it correctly, there is some cool stoner stuff coming out but god fucking damned, metal is so fucking dead

JPEGMAFIA, Daughters having new hype and I didn't even think for 1 second

Yet he still deludes himself that he's just trying to 'make a living'
imagine being able to make hundreds a week in donations and still shill and pander for more money and views.

WHO
THE
FUCK
CARES
?

ironically, so do you
and we hate you equally

you deserved it. what were you thinking?

pretty sure i make more money than him and i still get to keep my privacy/dignity/personality on the level.

Have you seen the free forum? Its chaos. And if people are willing to pay for Fantano to answer a question, why not?
Also people do try to ask about bands ALL THE TIME, its like every 10 minutes someone says "oh check out soandso theyrs my favorite band!" What is supposed to do? If he listened to every one of those bands it would take for ever. He will answer your question to the best of his ability, hes answered mine a few times and it was worth it.

Maybe he just liked it

My god that is such a dumb thing to say.
Like he could make so much content if he had another, less profitable, full time job.
You are an ass.

Oh shut up.
Anthony has always had these opinions.

There's a difference between doing something for money and doing something as a passion. But I'm sure Fantano is very passionate about answering stupid questions for cash

Why wouldnt you though????
It pleases your fans, you get money, its easy, and it may create worth while discussion. There are a few times where hes said "Oh great question Ill make a video about that" and he does.
Its a combination of both passion and money, which are not mutally exclusive as you believe.

No, I wouldn't.
money isn't important to me if you can even believe that.
If fantano is truly happy doing what he's doing and isn't sacrificing what he really wants to do for money/fame/relevancy then fine, I can't complain.
But I don't believe that, but hey thats just my opinion

this

Attached: anthonycucktano.png (807x452, 499K)

no he didnt, he just shilled himself here to gain popularity

If he really wanted to sell out I think he'd be doing it better. Also he donates a bunch of money to charity so its not like hes building personal wealth. A lot of his livestreams go right to chairty too.
I think your just upset you dont have a platform to express your opinions like he does. You are spiteful and arent really considering Anthonys actions and just assuming the worst out of them.

Thank you.

I'm not spiteful nor do I want his platform, I was a fan before he deleted thatistheplan, I just personally believe he's changed since then. like i said
>If fantano is truly happy doing what he's doing and isn't sacrificing what he really wants to do for money/fame/relevancy then fine, I can't complain.
Trying to give him the benefit of a doubt since I don't know him personally

>Also he donates a bunch of money to charity
Alot of these comments sound like fantano's mother posted them.
Way too gratuitous.
Get off Yea Forums Anthony and face facts, we no longer think you're le cool

>listening to someone with a b12 deficiency

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-15.png (442x442, 449K)

Of course you're going to find it dead if you don't care to dig into it, retard

>letting a bald hipster live inside your head completely rent-free
>mfw this whole thread
the absolute state of Yea Forums holy shit

Attached: smug-anime-face-gif-5.gif (340x340, 147K)

The only replies Fantano threads should get are
>Fuck off Fantano poster
or
>I'd rather read Christgau or Scaruffi reviews

>Is there evidence of this?
Nigga he gave kids see ghosts a TEN

I refuse to believe that Yea Forums made anyone who they are; in fact, when I think of Yea Forums, of think of the shittiest people in every music scene who talk behind everyone's back and secretly shit on all the bands

"us"

are most of the people on this board even the same people who were here when he was on it? and did most people at that time even like him?

that being said, fuck that manchild

He is passionate about what he does, and he makes money as a result of his passion. If he were to make money doing some other job, he wouldn't be able to fully pursue his passion.

You're fucking retarded never post again

can't wait til he gets metoo'd

>starts becoming more professional
>stops doing fun things
>no more Cals top tracks of the year
>takes corporate deals to do "gigs" on the other side of the country

yeah he's a sellout alright

Attached: lLZl4S0.jpg (285x300, 8K)

>new

i agree user. completely based. but you can filter out certain words from showing up :) hope you can find your way around Yea Forums soon! i know it's tougher for newer people to learn but you'll get there soon :) :) :)

If he did it didn't fucking work since his name seems to be fading away even faster now.

he literally unironically said if he cant make money off it hes not doing it

Weebteam is back.
discord.gg/zk594g

>literally unironically

Attached: okk.jpg (499x481, 28K)

dont be made BERGtano doesnt want to uploade meemees because he isnt getting paid

Anthony Fantano takes Truvada

Oh my God that sounds terrible, I can't believe it. Did it seem like the audience liked it and was there for it?

proof

kill yourselves

some famous rapper used to post in sharethreads a couple years ago

>2019
People still acknowledge this goof troop?

>dies off
He's more popular than ever and continuing to grow

I know you simply said "read" which doesn't necessarily mean dickriding, but I still want to point out that being a stan to any critic is still pleb no matter who the critic is. Scaruffiposters are losers too. Especially when the brag that they like an album Scaruffi gave a 8+ to.

>continuing to grow
Great. Then his "cancellation" will only come sooner once turbo normies discover his video with Sam Hyde.

HAHA WTF

did we ever find out what this shit was on his forehead? only appears in acouple videos

Attached: SmartSelect_20190517-152222_YouTube.jpg (810x575, 210K)

Kaposi's sarcoma

Wtf is this shit

Attached: ^E4D98A2E8123B20DCF7644FBBE761D9E7F5388CC583CC9E4B1^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg (670x350, 56K)

He has turned into a politically obnoxious weenie since the fader article