/prod/ - music production general

New to production? Read this before asking a question
pastebin.com/p2QUqMzj

GIVE feedback to get feedback.
Post WIP's in; instaud.io
or any other anonymous audio online storage website.
DON'T link to Soundcloud or youtube etc, anything that is not anonymous is considered self promotion and will result in bad feedback.

Last thread:

Attached: 09582304987.png (480x480, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gatesoflove.bandcamp.com/album/show
instaud.io/3GCk
youtube.com/watch?v=uZ5JMNdwnaY
clyp.it/0jhtrmgv
instaud.io/3Ga1
instaud.io/3F3x
instaud.io/3EPf
youtube.com/watch?v=kxaAQgZgP6g
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW0NGgv1qnfwr_4EFLfdBMMHKZGanVeo_
clyp.it/ssb4lfne
reverb.com/shop/official-oneohtrix-point-never
clyp.it/032cvaye
youtube.com/watch?v=M1QAM9rq1PA
clyp.it/4xqar5zq
clyp.it/vheg55f1
instaud.io/3GO4
we
youtube.com/watch?v=RoPYK1SlCN0
instaud.io/3G5M
clyp.it/eogatxq3
instaud.io/3GUR
clyp.it/wyo1i0nb
instaud.io/3GWt
instaud.io/3GZW
clyp.it/vxxz0pix
clyp.it/t5z0g1dp
clyp.it/o4m2tr1j
youtube.com/watch?v=dEK_g4KBsh8
youtube.com/watch?v=AKj36GJj_i8
youtube.com/watch?v=kwV1j1L9Kgg
instaud.io/3zIk
support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase?ans=214
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-779026743-hp-elite-8200-core-i7-34-ghz-16gb-240gb-hd-ssd-_JM
mega.nz/#!Y8E0jK6K!ThpEy-38egF8OhOggTDN_27nuJS8TIXoKxniqE2_gcc
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1156316748-computador-hp-elite-intel-core-i5-32-ghz-8gb-500gb-wifi-_JM
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1090387661-pc-cpu-hp-elite-6000-intel-core-2-quad-8gb-ddr3-500gb-q8400-_JM
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1105842338-cpu-hp-elite-8200-desktop-core-i5-2400-8gb-hd-320gb-_JM
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-978052609-pc-cpu-intel-core-i5-33ghz-8gb-ram-hd-320gb-segunda-geraco-_JM
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1201041192-hp-compaq-8300-elite-i7-34ghz-8gb-500-hd-win7-_JM
clyp.it/2g1fh2mh
youtube.com/watch?v=Nu2zNMsbH7Y
picosong.com/w8H5e/
twitter.com/swum/status/1090468471580835840
youtube.com/watch?v=K-zhjJatmpA
youtube.com/watch?v=sCMpKS77qn8
youtube.com/watch?v=jm41rphRTfk
mercadolivre.com.br
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYGce9kLkOA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gatesoflove.bandcamp.com/album/show

fuck off faggot

Hurensohn

kek even if I don't write a single line y'all get triggered

this is fire
im gonna buy it right now :)

*ahem*
May a fellow gentleman receive feedback?
instaud.io/3GCk

thanks alot, user

This is what I imagine how cocaine feels like.

>Stockhausen's son is a sound design autist
Pretty based to be honest
youtube.com/watch?v=uZ5JMNdwnaY

Am I too old to try to make music if I'm 26? I only have a very basic background in music, but I do have some money and time to devote at this point in my life.

you are never too old
just don't expect to be the next justin bieber

how to improve?
clyp.it/0jhtrmgv

dont compare yourself to others dawg just make music, make the fucking music, just fucking make it, just make the fucking music man, what the fuck are you even doing here when you should be making music? GO MAKE MUSIC, MAN

I'm your age, have no money, no way to make any, and am complete garbage at making music despite having several years of experience.
I'm also lazy as fuck so in a year you'll be much better than me and you'll hopefully come here and help me out.
Thanks for listening.

i wish i could find good tambourine and shaker sounds

Alright lads, I'm putting together an album of short piano pieces with some synth sounds, pads, sound effects and shit. I have three tracks that are pretty much ready to go, but I don't know shit about mixing and mastering. I'm doing 9 tracks (the number is symbolically related to the concept of the album), do you guys think it is better for me to already start getting into post-production stuff or should I wait to have everything finished and do it all then?

in session audio, shimmer shake strike
thank me later

do it later because if you don't know shit you will get stuck and never finish the album

is it me or is logic pro kind of shitty?

post sample roulette again pls. what is the site?

it's a hundred bucks what the fuck???

yeah that's probably you

wasn't it just freesound?

its definitely you. Every instrument and effect just sounds so fucking good. I'm switching as from ableton as soon as they update their shitty sampler.

you know, it's probably because I'm running it through a virtual machine.

Attached: 1526097651280.jpg (385x385, 29K)

You don't know anything about music, try poetry

It's freesound and I'll post it when I'm done exercising.

>still haven't found the perfect workflow

>exercising
;)
Record wavs in Audacity and sequence in Schism tracker.

Attached: impulse.gif (560x350, 667K)

Hey PC fitness is no joke, I'm gonna be able to hold my piss like a champ til the day I die.

instaud.io/3Ga1
instaud.io/3F3x
instaud.io/3EPf

Can I get some feedback on my plunderphonics? I'm trying to make it something that you can zone out to, but feel unsettled.

I can copy and paste what i said last time if you want

No, I remember, I'm trying to get more opinions.

Is anyone here able to listen a piece of music and tell me if it's sang in chest or mixed voice? pls

Nobody here is able to do that. sry

>Record wavs in Audacity and sequence in Schism tracker
This is actually not far off from what I planned. I wanted to sample my synth and then build the compositions up more thoroughly in a tracker, I'm just worried about losing some of the live feeling of multitracking and doing more work then necessary.

You should be able to tell by feel, no?

It sounds like chest to me because it doesn't sound like half head voice to me, but people are telling me that it's too high to be chest voice

By people do you mean the professional voice coach you went to see or was that some other guy?

people on the internet. i think the coach is guiding me into that mixed voice that doesnt sound much like normal voice. musicians are such fags.

I did type that tongue and cheek but I also seriously intend to use that workflow. I love having long phrases in free time while having super robotic and precise lines programmed in the tracker.
One thing that bothers me about Schism is not being able to change both pitch and tempo; in order to do that, you need to think about how much you need to stretch it and then use Audacity or some other program. I'm pretty sure Renoise can do this no problem, but I want to stick with Schism because it' s sexy-as-fuck.

fuck shit, here's the song and you say anything about if you want to. i'm going to sleep. youtube.com/watch?v=kxaAQgZgP6g

>pitch and tempo
it pains me to think of an existence without ableton warp algorithms

I like that old school shitty sound though. Really tempted to write a spreadsheet to spit out the sample offsets for me but I'm not sure exactly how the sample offset command works...

bump

lol did you think quality products come cheap user
don't even get started on orchestral samples then

>quality products
shit cost more than just buying the instruments, that's retarded.

then you need to be able to
-get all the instruments (there are a lot sampled there)
-buy a decent mic and have a good enough room to use to record, plus all the recording chain equipment (minimum some kind of audio interface)
-actually play the parts. not that a tambourine part is super difficult but still.

while I think 100 bucks is a bit too much for that library imo, it's not super outrageous, considering it's the only one of its kind I know that sounds like it does and they do the occasional sale

Attached: freesound roulette.png (1057x1057, 92K)

how do I learn to write music for soundtracks that give proper feelings for whatever the situation of the song is

I need help lads, I just keep overthinking and choking. Am I trying to make too difficult music early on? I feel like I need to be challenged but now it's just too overwhelming. I can barely play two chords after another without frying my brain.

High expectations don't help either.

I'ma keep going though...

Is it me or do the Ableton presets sound like utter shit

Rick Beato has some high level videos look at modes,spread triads etc

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW0NGgv1qnfwr_4EFLfdBMMHKZGanVeo_

Watch with a piano and try to play along

microtonal ambeint clyp.it/ssb4lfne
would like some mixing tips please

By experience and experimentation mostly.

What instrument? And if you're going to say keys then stop being an artsy bitch and write a track using only two chords.

Attached: holywood chord moods.jpg (1011x563, 124K)

>beato

Attached: beato clickbait.png (214x162, 38K)

He's got hundreds of videos on advanced theory

Attached: nigga I ain't clicking that shit.png (215x188, 51K)

stay stupid

I made this just now because I knew you couldn't resist.

Attached: bruh look at this dude.png (217x151, 57K)

thanks

In case of doubt, lydian mode

god damn your retard general is dead

Still not as dead as /synth/

Attached: DSO mag cover.jpg (578x768, 76K)

OPN selling his gear

reverb.com/shop/official-oneohtrix-point-never

Hardwarefags btfo

>listen to some of his music
>just repeating samples over and over
so this... is the power...... of modern producers......... woah...........

So do you use a scale when making music or do it by ear, am I overthinking? I hate using scales since Idk if it sounds like I want it to sound.

All cheap stuff is gone

What else did he have? Can't believe he's got that crappy andromeda. I wonder if his presets are still on these?

Oh, just saw the announcement page. Interesting equipment for garden of delete, I'll have to listen to it.

I just added a soundgoodizer and the drums obviously need rearranging but first i'm thinking of something for the bridge? Should I use the piano and mix up the chords and melody a bit? and/or should I use another sound or two and maybe switch a few notes/chords? clyp.it/032cvaye

I want it so I can bring it back to the chorus tho

My guess is he titled it Zebra 'cause it would have looked like a lot of stripes on his screen, oh well my gf at the time liked it

youtube.com/watch?v=M1QAM9rq1PA

A scale is just a series of ascending or descending notes. Most producers (god willing) are aware of what scale they're working in (overwhelmingly going to be major or minor) and the relationship of the notes within that scale. You should learn about the major and minor scales, because whether you're conscious of it or not, you're most probably working within one of those two.

bump

not only you. Like what were the sound designers thinking?

>make alien farts, no wait: make over 50 alien farts which all sound slightly similar but all cold and uninspiring!

I'll do it for you 10 bucks

>you're most probably working within one of those two
i think he is not lmao

how do i get good sounds bros im using serum and downloading random patches and using sound samples from splice n shit but i feel like everyone has amazing sound where the good shit at

MAKE YOUR OWN FAG

i still need feedback

Saved.

clyp.it/4xqar5zq

writing a buildup thing for a song, this took about 30 minutes but I don't know how to work it into the greater song in general
sounds nice though

maybe next year

is using logics drummer cheating

I don't know what that is, but the rule of thumb is:
If you have to ask, then it is.

>cheating
you can't cheat your way to a good tune lads

No but you can cheat your way to a better sounding tune that your skills would allow without sheating.

Just like I couldn't cheat my way to the first place of the Tour de France, someone who's good but not enough to win could gain enough of an edge on the competition by cheating, and have an actual chance at winning.

If you take shortcuts in your music that allow you to get results that your skills/talent wouldn't otherwise reach, then in a sense you're cheating.

I don't thin cheating is bad (unless it results in more downsides than upsides for you), and life is too short to do things diligently when the cheaters get ahead of you, but still, I recognize that it is cheating.

who is being cheated?

shortcut - i agree

I'm not using the word cheating to mean cheating someone.
I'm using it to mean getting an illegitimate advantage to obtain undeserved gains.

Sure it's probably more accurate to just say shortcut, but that doesn't accurately portray the idea.

Here's an example:
You're good at playing videogames and you play in front of people for their entertainment.
Everyone is amazed at your skills, but you're secretly using an aimbot or something that alters the game to make it easier without the viewer noticing.
People pay to watch you because they get entertained, and despite the aimbot they still get the entertainment because they don't know, so you're not really cheating them, even if you're getting undeserved praise.
Still, wouldn't you call that cheating?
Even just using godmode in single-player on your own with no audience, wouldn't that be called cheating? It's even called "cheat code".

Or to make another example, whether you're competing or not, if you're a body builder and take steroids, you're essentially getting gains that you wouldn't have been able to get, so it's not entirely thanks to you that you have them, but it's in part thanks to he help you got from the steroids.

A musician that gets praise (or even fan adoration), money, etc. but didn't do what he's getting those things for, is practically getting them only partially thanks to his own work, and partially thanks to the work of someone/something else, so he doesn't deserve them as much as someone who did everything important in his music himself.
When Steve Angello made Knas, he just took a Vengeance kit and assembled it. The song was cool, but only thanks to the guy who made the samples, so the success that Angello gained from it was undeserved.
This is why "shortcut" doesn't work in this situation, because that would apply to legitimate ways to reduce the effort of your work while still retaining all the merit, while things like sampling often don't.

>reduce the effort of your work while still retaining all the merit
literally the best thing ever

As long as it doesn't hinder you, yeah.

The downside of using shortcuts is that often not using them has great benefits.
For example, using all the newest mixing and mastering plugins with advanced features can make it easier to do the job, with all sorts of analyzers aiding your choices, and even AIs calculating the best values for you (which btw is also towing the line of "cheating" imo), but if you always rely to those your skills will never be as good as those of someone who developed some serious foundations by studying the underlying principles behind those processes and can do an excellent job with barebones tools.
When using the advanced tools that make thing easier, the person who didn't take shortcuts will always get much better results than the person who always relied on taking them.

But some times you CAN just rely on the shortcuts without suffering too much. In those cases I think it would be stupid not to take advantage of them.

>But some times you CAN just rely on the shortcuts without suffering too much. In those cases I think it would be stupid not to take advantage of them.
An example of that would be if you're rich and your goal is to just put music out, there's no need to learn mixing and mastering past the basics, since you can just hire someone else to do them much better than you could dream of doing in any reasonable amount of time.
It would be cheating, yeah, but who cares lol.

A non-cheating example would be to only learn the chords that you need for your type of music, and never learn all the music theory knowledge that you don't need.
You'll have massive holes but it won't matter because being knowledgeable in music theory isn't your goal, so you saved time and got the job done just as well.

Why do you get to say what cheating is and isn't? Hiring a mastering engineer is doesn't fit in the very clear definition of cheating unless you're in a mastering competition

>Why do you get to say what cheating is and isn't?
I get to say what cheating is in my opinion.
I'm merely stating what MY definition is.
Not claiming that this is how it is objectively (although I don't think this is one of those matters where any opinion can be equally correct).

>Hiring a mastering engineer is doesn't fit in the very clear definition of cheating unless you're in a mastering competition
If the mastering is important to your song and the work of the engineer gives you significant praise, success, money, etc. then it is cheating.
If for instance, you're good at mastering but the label forces you to have the in-house engineer master your song, then it's not cheating because you're not gaining an undeserved advantage.
Or if you're making a genre where nobody cares about the engineering side of the production, then it's not cheating because the engineer's work isn't giving you anything significant.

Thanks for sharing your opinion and definition then.

You're welcome.
Hopefully it will help you realize that every other one is wrong.

Sounds like Flying Lotus tried to compose a Sonic boss level whilst alternating between drinking absinthe and sniffing coke
And no I don't just mean to say its bad

I'd listen to that.

Attached: SANIC SQUATS.webm (856x480, 498K)

I unironically like it but then again I also listen to shit like squarepusher, venetian snares, and hard breakcore so take it with a grain of salt

Aka never

Nero's Day At Disneyland Walmart edition

clyp.it/vheg55f1

Been training my ears to mix and master, Let me know how if the mix translates nicely? Beat isn't the best I made this more t practice production techniques and experiment

subbass is bloated and stealing headroom
there's a hole in the midrange, making everything melodic/harmonic seem quiet and harder to understand
that bitcrushed/reduxed thingy on every beat makes the treble very grating and annoying once the drums come in, it doesn't combine well with the bright snare
also you're to quiet for that kind of genre IMO

rorr

Frequently I'll go by ear until I have something I like and want to work on and then determine what scale fits it so it's easier to write accompaniment.

You need to work on transitions, this sounds like it just jumps to different ideas like I'm listening to a synth demo.

>Still learning how to tame my low end
.>Hole in midrange
>My lack of midrange is probably due to my low end incompetence

but anyways theres nothing bitcrushed on the song, but the reason the snare is that way is because its a track ment for bright vocals to stand out, similar to some Drake Records where they purposefully get rid of high end from everything except a snare so the vocals can really shine. Will work on taming snare more though!

Ignoring your loudness comment just because it's a rough mix and not really a master, also I was going for dynamic range over loudness. If I wanted to I could have squeezed that shit to -5 rms I just cant right now with the squashed music sorry. Will definitely try not to keep fucking up low and midrange, usually my mixes end up too bright so I guess this is a step forward for me?

>usually my mixes end up too bright so I guess this is a step forward for me?
I think so, it's just that unpleasant 9-10k ish buidup with the snare and that destroyed plucky sample thing

>Hole in midrange
You tame the low end by notching (or severely reducing) the mid range?
Could you elaborate please?

oh fuck youre definitely right, i did an odd boost at 10k on a buss instead of a solo track LMAO I was trying to get some snappy brightness back but I realized I could get some back with you reminding me about sub control. thanks, usually people here give shitty ass advice

So basically I was messing with the lower 3 bands on the MAAGeq4 and I ended up boosting 40z a too much over and cut 160 and 650 too much when i should have probably boosted 160 maybe half a db and left 650 alone. its little moves I'm just a fuck up sometime, that's why you need extra ears

Any advice on mixing drums?

my hats always sound so piercing and high

post an example and maybe we can tell you what's going on

leveling and eq in that order
or sound selection

use good samples and/or start from unprocessed sources. layering a bunch of already mixed sounds and then doing further mixing is a bad move

for hi hat problems specifically though I recommend oaeksound soothe. magic

do i have any potential guys? would love some feedback.

instaud.io/3GO4

bump

the first half reminds me of donkey kong, the second is closer to ebm/aggrotech
the mix seems a bit dull, I don't know how it sounds in mono so if you haven't you should check it because panning can be dangerous sometimes

thanks for the feedback, I'm still trying to get mixing down, I'm pretty new to this still.

Is there any good comprehensive resource on sound design? Both in terms of synths and processing samples and shit.

yourmom.soundesign.com

(bump)

These two books:
we [DOT] tl/t-uFd9IZY0ly
Then you can learn the more advanced concepts one by one.
Sound design is a very large topic with a lot of different areas, each with an extremely deep rabbit hole, so you're not gonna find one resource with everything, but if you just want the basics, these two pdfs will have most of them covered.

I still haven't a god damn clue how you actually creatively apply a phrase in renoise and not wind up with a clusterfuck

How do I get these detuned pad sounds like here?
youtube.com/watch?v=RoPYK1SlCN0
1:20 in

wavetable synthesis

Thanks bro

This should be your starting point:
Saw wave:
Increase the unison voice number and spread them (your synth may call this differently, but you get the idea, it basically creates a duplicate of each note and pitches it up/down to make a denser sound).
Non-steep lowpass filter with a rather wide Q.
Envelope on the filter has a medium attack and slow(er) decay. Set the cutoff point to where you hear the sound sustain, and set the envelope amount to go higher than that (probably not at its maximum though). Set the sustain to wherever it should be based on how your synth handles modulation.
I can't analyze it right now so I can't tell if the cyclic movement is just the phasing from the unison or if it's an LFO onsomething like the pitch or fulter cutoff, so you'll have to try those.

Detuned saws with brass envelopes

Is this true

Attached: Frost_20190510_131835_4010036710191240569.jpg (1080x919, 67K)

no, you can do whatever you want as long as you don't have phase issues

heavily genre dependent and like.... function dependent. I.e if you're making dubstep your bass is going to extend far beyond that etc

claps/snares and hi hats go way lower than that idfk what this dude is on

vocal range goes lower than that technically but that's not too far off.

typically i don't think synth chord stabs should go that low but again, that's dependent on the arrangement

.... and idk why they cut it at 50hz, it should be 30.

bmp

Attached: 1509379704332.gif (142x200, 35K)

I've used it for good, considering if you swing everything and import the session as a software instrument, you can learn a lot about programming polyrhythms

that's a gif baka

take a bump /prod/

Current WIP
instaud.io/3G5M

Havent prod'd or really listened to music in a while, so I'm mostly concerned about the sounds I'm using being trash. I plan to record an actual guitar and bass but I'll stick with these samples in the meantime. I wouldnt mind changing any of the synths or samples and I'd appreciate suggestions. Also my equipment is shit so maybe there's some harshness or unwanted frequencies I'm not hearing. Can't do much about it but I'd like to know regardless. Any kind of feedback is also welcome. Might sound kind of empty at parts cause its lacking lyrics.

Try it for yourself bro. Doesnt seem quite wrong, although a bit limiting. Maybe if you're really new it's a good starting point, but dont restrict yourself so much.
Also like someone said it's heavily genre dependent. That bass is really low, for instance.

Guys how do you not get distracted by your computers when making music? I can't work shit always just end up gaming or browsing mindlessly.

because we aren’t children. i can easily focus

I actually enjoy this shit.

I like producing more than vidya and pointless browsing lol

if you get to actually enjoy this it shouldn't be a problem

>everything you're influenced by is based in having a decent-excellent grasp on actual instruments and jazz theory
>no knowledge of either

I thought this was supposed to be fun, /prod/

If you don't apply shit to sound like it i wouldn't call that being influenced, you just like it

learn instruments and stop crying about it if you actually want to learn about it

hesitation is defeat

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 138K)

You need to learn how to work on those sounds.
No matter how great your serum preset sounds, if you dont know how to mix it properly, its always going to sound weird and out of place. If you dont know how to use reverb and compression you will be fucked in general cause the interaction between your sounds will be awkward. If you dont know how to eq properly your mix is never going to sound clean. Knowing how to make the most out of stereo is also very helpful.

Listen to other people's sounds and to yours and notice what you're lacking. If you can't then ask and research until you can tell on your own. You should at least have a basic grasp of how basic effects work. Chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion, saturation, compression, reverb and delay. You also should know how filters and stereo imaging works.

There's also high quality plug ins that will help. Anything by Soundtoys, for example.

Maybe find sheet music of a song you like and try to make your own version in the DAW. If you do that exercise a couple of times I'm sure you'll get a decent grasp on how to create original tunes of the style you like.

Reason is $100 off again and I'm itching to buy it but I know I'll never use it. Please help. Maybe if I gets dubs with this post, I'll get it.

just pirate lol

fuck off condescending fag
based

i cant think of melody lately, whenever i try my brain turns to jello

is there a drug i can take to think up nice melodies

The last working crack is something like 5 versions behind and I don't want Ableton. I like the appeal of having everything in one box.
Just sing to yourself. Start singing a song you're familiar with if you don't know where to start.

I like the drums.
The Piano that comes in sounds a bit boring.
Overall solid

I don't enjoy being shit so what do brother?

There are a bunch of tricks. Restrict yourself (only use 5 or 4 notes on a scale), use a scale you've never used, try modal interchanges, create counterpoints over a simple melody, borrow a chord progression from a song you like and improvise over it, hell just plagiarize somebody else and make minor changes until it sounds original.

happy for you guys wish I had the same. I enjoy it when I started but getting started and getting started structured (certain time each day etc.) seems to be the hard thing.

think yourself into not enjoying those other things you used to enjoy

Not even joking, I depressioned myself into only enjoying making music, everything else just feels unfulfilling :(

yeah biggest improvement i made was turning it into a daily routine- if i don't have anything else to do i'm making music, it's just a habit at this point

I'm not structured at all. Sometimes I binge producing all day every day, then go for weeks without opening the daw. I do play instruments all the time tho, that helps a lot to have a steady flow of creativity going on all the time.

I'll try this one out. Hopefully be done quick

being shit is good, means you improve with each session

im currently not, im plateauing at the moment, so i just keep doing it?

how can you plateau when you're shit? you're obviously neglecting a lot of research

no im trying to do shit by ear instead of following a scale and my brain is melting

that is like mashing the piano hoping something good will come out instead of learning theory for five minutes and knowing how to make it sound better for the rest of your life
nvm thats exactly what you're doing. scales arent even hard nigga what the fuck

I don't even know where to start with this. /prod/, you are remarkable.

Attached: 1515668533206.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Yoooshi
After I listen to Flamagra I'm going to buy Reason and then make some music without regard to scales because scales ain't shit but pitches and

Pitch is for virgins anyways. Real chads make industrial glitch noise.

Sleep deprivation is a tried and true method of stimulating creativity.

Do a serialism piece. Personally I think the lack of a clear resting place makes it an ideal method for writing horror/violent trap.

>Do a serialism piece
That sounds too deep for me; I don't want to think about anything. Reason is going to be my first DAW. I mean, I messed around with Fruity Loops back when it was called Fruity Loops, but that's about it.

Yes, join the Reasonfags. It's May Madness sale RIGHT NOW and the Swedes need your money.

>I don't want to think about anything
make rap then...

Why people shit on Reason so much anyway?
I have only demoed it some time ago. The only problem was it had no VST support, but that seems to be fixed now.

Compose away from the computer and write down some ideas about how to arrange certain components. If you don't work by livetracking you can utilize MIDI with placeholder sounds until you are done with the structure.

I have a similar infographic. Not quite identical. I'll dump a couple of the ones I have saved.

Attached: x2d7ukxsvas21~4.png (561x548, 187K)

the reason poster is a shitposting faggot for one

I don't hate reason at all and obviously it comes with some cool shit, but when I think of every negative stigma attatched to daws Reason's attracting gear fetishizing autists is second only to boomers on protools in being the most annoying and arrogant.

clyp.it/eogatxq3
updated project..gotta fix some stuff but i like where this is going

I find this one awful in many ways but also makes me think a bit.
I always pan the snare a little. What is the general consensus on the snare's panning? I'm sure it's not always centered in actual professional music. Might depend on the genre. Can't say I've paid much attention to it.

Why is reason so attractive to gearfags?

Modes and their unique notes

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-15-22-06-23~2.png (1215x505, 277K)

used own post numbers, gave 6 samples total. Didn't really like the synth i made out of one of them, but here it is

instaud.io/3GUR

to expand:

Ableton: techno interests me, technical autsists, doesn't even care about music

FL Studio: meme vsts, trap baby preset jockies

Renoise: Breakcore lmao i'm oldschool xDDD

Reaper: poorfags, reddit, wanted protools but couldn't afford it

____ Linux Compatible daw: they use fucking linux lol

Any other daw: literally only picked it to be different

because you patch things and it just looks cool honestly

all these visual mix guides are terrible and meant to be taken with a huge grain of salt, though the people who actually rely on them can't discern what's wrong with it

there's really no consensus. Imo it just sounds weird to pan outside of a rock context, only exception being in songs where it's more of a tiny sound that's doing something more interesting than hitting on the 2 and 4

Cubase is mainly used by chads

Attached: 1508404057658.png (500x500, 107K)

I was told that my music doesn't have/understand chord progressions but isn't a chord progression just going from one chord to another?

great i forgot 3 other huge daws, nbd

just being in key doesn't mean it sounds good user

Motif development

Attached: Motif Cross.jpg (960x540, 251K)

I started producing using a couple of synthpop songs as a guide and they had the snare slightly panned. I've been doing it for years since so it just sounds normal to me.

I mean, imagine an actual drum set. The snare is never going to be aligned with the kick. Unless you're making something strictly electronic I dont find it realistic to center the snare. Those guides are obviously meant for beginners to make house or dubstep, so it might make sense in that context, but I prefer my snare slightly panned.

>just being in key doesn't mean it sounds good user
then what does? and how do I make chord progressions then?

Yeah pretty much, but there's more to it. Different chord progressions work in different contexts. They're all studied to shit anyways so you're not going to come up with anything new, so it's good to know them by memory. Modal interchanges are fun too, but if you dont already know how chords work leave that for later.

once again, as long as everything still sounds good in mono there are no rules

Your problem maybe that your chords just keep changing and their musicality or flow makes no sense. No grounding or direction or target. Its common here at prod with people who know nothing about music. It really sounds like a baby talking gibberish while thinking they're speaking well, and is as ridiculous sounding to a musician.

>I mean, imagine an actual drum set.
yeah that's why i brought up rock- that philosophy on mixing is just about creating a realistic stereo image (from the drummers perspective), and what naturally happens from the way you capture a kit typically

Well it matters what you're used to hearing in the music you listen to of course. Panning is more of an effect to me; otherwise I believe in getting width from the sound design and spacial effects

>describe colors pls

bro all I can tell you is to study a lot of songs and rip them off if you honestly can't tell that what you're playing doesn't sound good.

>good in mono
people don't want to hear that shit lmao. Panning is a crutch to too many producers who don't get the mix in mono thing

How do you think the drums of Funky Drummer or the Amen were recorded? One mic? Two Mics? Three mics? Echo chamber? EMT Plate? Just curious if you have any theories.

>Different chord progressions work in different contexts.
Is there a guide or something as what chord progressions create different moods/feelings?
>They're all studied to shit anyways so you're not going to come up with anything new, so it's good to know them by memory.
I mean if that's the case, what's the point in knowing them at all as opposed to just messing around until something sounds nice to me?

>Your problem maybe that your chords just keep changing and their musicality or flow makes no sense. No grounding or direction or target.
Oh that answers my last question. What's the best way to keep chord progressions "grounded" and consistent? But keeping at least one note the same in every chord?

Fuck. You reminded me that I want a notation view.
Ok. Tomorrow morning, but I'm not going to be happy about it.
I don't know but I like what you are leading to: record your own breaks.

If you know nothing I would start with 'basic music theory,' there are vids all over online. You should get a keyboard or guitar and learn songs as well.

Messing around until it sounds good is gonna take more time and fucking up, but I'm sure most of us learned how to chord like that. Like someone else said, learning from actual songs will help. If I have an idea of a mood I know where to take it cause I already learnt chords from playing other people's songs and realizing it was the same shit all over in different keys. It took years of playing instruments tho. If you wanna save those years just research and apply what you learn in the daw. In a couple of months you will know as much about chords as I do and will have got a couple of tracks done in the process.

I have been making my own breaks in superior drummer for awhile now, and its quite an excellent tool. You have enough degrees of freedom to make pretty drastic changes, as you have control over how much each individual drum bleeds into what mic etc. So even with a relatively small library (lets say, 6 snares, 4 kicks etc), you have enormous range in changing the sound. Funky Drummer i can get pretty close to. The amen is a tough one because its such a trashy sound. I'm thinking it was room mic and maybe 1-2 close at most running into a wack ass tube amp console and to tape, but I'm not sure & would like to hear some other theories.

like research different chord progressions? learn by heart then apply?

I asked a specific question.

I'm just drawing in notes in right now. I wouldn't try to do it randomly if I were using an instrument. I have some MIDIs of Tyler the Creator chords but they seem kind of random.

If you google chord progressions you're gonna find a bunch of tried and tested ones. Play around with them, its gonna be fun. Alternatively, you could research further and learn how tensions is created and released between chords, the mood that each progression evokes, yada yada, but it's going to be more tedious, though it'll get you where you wanna be faster if you apply yourself.

ADSR

Attached: ASDR-01-768x830.jpg (768x830, 84K)

*always leaves decay and sustain on default*
Sound design brainlet here

0 attack 0 decay max sustain 0 release master race here.

>The slides

Attached: F5C97121-D98F-404E-B02F-4B536AD3BBD0.jpg (271x271, 13K)

Watch some Michael new videos. They'll help you so much in understanding what notes and chords will most likely sound good together.

Can I get someone to rip this apart?

>muh toy daw
It has an old rep for being feature light vs more "professional" daws, but that's changing (slowly though).
Lots of people are put off by it being pretty much unpirateable.

clyp.it/wyo1i0nb

Trying out new techniques and chains Please leave feedback about the mixing or where I'm solid or not solid and how I can improve (please just give me your way of fixing the problem)

instaud.io/3GWt

wip can I get some feedback

pirated fl studio yesterday/10

Sounds good to me

are you serious

not really my genre, so take it how you will

track 1:
Too much vinyl/noise, could be toned down. Takes away from the lead instruments. I imagine most of your stuff is sampled, so if it's the case that they're a part of the same sample you can mess with noise removal to tone it down a little.
I also think the LFO on the reverb is a little dramatic. Really up to whatever you prefer. Other than that it doesn't have interesting progression, or even any at all. Can get more creative with your sampling.

Track 2:
I actually like the levels of the vinyl/noise in this one. Seems like it fits. Same exact stuff as track 1, with the reverb LFO and all that, although you let the sample progress every something or another bars this time. Your style is pretty obvious at this point to me, so I'll skip track 3.

This is actually similar to some of the older stuff I used to make. I think you need to get more creative with your sampling. Do more layering, you can even use the same sample source to do this. Get into the habit of making it transform into a new sound from the same source sample.

Your reverb also need some EQ. You generally don't want the lows to be EQ'd too much, so have it ramp off near the lower frequencies. Routing your reverb will help a great deal with this too.

Not him but yeah.

fuck you

more like shart monsters
cuz this track is whack

based off of what

not either of them but fuck it hurts to watch this keep going on :(

ahhhh hah calm down m8

Attached: 1512610540992.png (553x525, 424K)

Attached: 1554447979538.png (645x773, 11K)

>38â–¶
>File: 1554447979538.png (11 KB, 645x773)
this place is truly complete shit

Oh, Demarcus..

Thank you, I'm glad there's at least one user around that gives feedback like this. A rarity nowadays. Will definitely try this. I'll draw more samples from the same track, I rip them from old ass records I get from thrift stores and garage sales so sometimes they're scratched to hell. Eqing will help a lot with some of that fuzz.

>A rarity nowadays.
Hopefully you start doing this too now

I do, but people will just make excuses back at me for why I am "attacking" their music. Also, the majority of people here I know for a fact do not take the feedback they have and make changes. This general is basically hundreds of people wanting validation, and when they don't get positivity, they act all hurt.

Attached: 1555805450490.gif (367x219, 523K)

I like the sample choice on the first one, gives off a caretaker type of vibe, just try to build off of it and add in more elements to keep it interesting. Try finding the key of the sample and start experimenting within it to find some things to add.

>I do, but people will just make excuses back at me for why I am "attacking" their music.
sounds like you tried feedback to Demarc

This goes back 3 years to now. It's always been an issue. I guess it's something you learn eventually and newcomers don't know how to respond to criticism. Criticism here tends to be very harsh so I'm not surprised anons respond offended.

Well, everything anyone could say about such topics can only be an opinion, so that's automatically implied.

yeah ok bro

Doesn't anyone around here fuck around with microphones anymore? It's literally the magic wand that turns your surroundings into /prod/ material. So many wonderful choices and possibilities.

Attached: IMGP9930.jpg (3405x2269, 1.64M)

Too expensive. A big reason why I got into electronic production was that I could get everything for free

And that's okay too user. I think mics are neato and capturing sound at arm's length is something that motivates/inspires me, but that's me

nothing that i play sounds good, it's been weeks. I want to die. I hate playing by ear, Idk why I keep doing it.

then stop doing it?! if you really want to do it a few weeks of non-success won't stop you

keyboard/synth? guitar?

user, think of a really simple, even stupid little story or movie. like a 1-2min movie of something happening. don't tell anyone, just imagine a little viking marshmallow smashing ant hills or a robot taking an oily piss in the corner of the factory or whatever you want, and write a little score to it. add layers but only do one at a time. don't get all bogged-down with complicated ideas or multitasking. maybe just start with a melody or some rhythm, then layer with countermelodies or harmony or sound design, and keep adding to it. just do it for fun, and then when you've done a bunch of work, look back and pull all the good ideas out and get to work on something serious with them. you just have to squeeze some inspiration. it's literally like tapping a maple tree for sap. takes ages to start flowing but if you work at it you might end up with some delicious syrup

Attached: tap_hole.jpg (1016x595, 86K)

>Doesn't anyone around here fuck around with microphones
mostly no they don't

I record foley and guitar parts to sample all the time, it's nice to record exactly what you need and know a hundred other wannabes aren't using your unique samples

If you have a folder/library of sounds you'd be okay with sharing it'd be cool :)

Yeah it is nice. I generally record random shit and then mutilate it in software, but sometimes I record more specific sounds. These days I do a lot of nature/field recording which is actually not so much for /prod/ but for capturing ambience and locations. Because /p/hotography is overrated and I feel good, immersive ambient recordings are in many ways superior.

Sorry bruv, not really. All my shit is pretty à la carte and I don't keep a liberry.

I got a miniature field recording mic for like £40, works pretty well

What have you got man? Just curious

I record everything with my zoom hd and I think it's a great tool for its price

Attached: zoom.jpg (212x238, 7K)

The Zooms and similar Tascams are fantastic for point-and-shoot recordings.

Walking down the street and some sputtering old motorcycle passes by? Easily recorded on a few seconds notice.

Attached: hi_five_shure535.png (493x402, 14K)

I have beginned trying my hand at the house genre

instaud.io/3GZW

>have beginned

>tfw making worse shit than when i was first started out

Attached: A99928BB-F423-40B8-9188-DED0A5E21142.jpg (470x512, 67K)

Same. I think this is exactly what separates the "men from the boys". Everyone has some measure of creativity and drive, but not everyone gets over that hump. Personally, I don't think I have. I feel like when I was a teenager I was smashing it and I was really on track, but as time went on I floundered. Sad tiems.

from c.2002
clyp.it/vxxz0pix

post what you;re doing now so we can compare

you too please, post old and new

>post what you;re doing now so we can compare
Don't really have much as I kinda just do field recordings now but this is semi-recent

clyp.it/t5z0g1dp

Attached: shrug.jpg (500x327, 19K)

Kek

It's better than the first thing you posted for sure. If you finish it it could be a pretty decent track

Thanks friend, but I unagree, actually. The first thing was old MIDI shit so it sounds bad but in terms of composition it's fucking amazing. The newer track is better production quality but I reckon it's so bland and uninspired.

Fair enough, I did take production quality into account. I don't agree the composition is that good though. I don't know what you did in terms of theory but it sounds cheesy and meme as hell.

You think that one was bad?? But yeah I know, I guess I'm just kind of nowhere with writing music. Thanks for your feedback man, I do appreciate that you took the time.

clyp.it/o4m2tr1j

I didn't mean to say it's bad, but rather that it had the vibe of some old gothic dungeon game soundtrack or something similar. Speaking of game soundtracks, it actually brought back some memories of this old RTS I used to play when I was a kid. I'll try to find the OST, it sounded like some MIDI files too. This new track you linked is pretty 'soundtracky' too, so it seems like it's kind of your thing?

HERE IT IS

youtube.com/watch?v=dEK_g4KBsh8

this is exactly how it sounded in the game as far as I remember

track 6 or 9 I guess would be closest to your thing although they are pretty different still (timestamps in comments)

1/2

>be me
>late teen and neet
>want so bad to be a good dadrocker
>listen to dadrock all day along with guitar videos on YT, all with a guitar in hands and noodling along, then started to work more on technique
>used to come up with some riffs with noodling and saved them
>get quite good at it, then realize i'm good enough and these guys are mostly druggies with average theory knowledge and technique
>stop learning songs because of that and of bad musicians' influences
>decide i'll make a metal album on the joy of my neetdom
>tendon pains (they're many) get too bad and can't play at all for an year
>dedicate my time to developing the ear for pitch and freeing myself from scale shapes and 12bar chords and start learning to sing as a consequence
>realize it doesnt matter much in rocknroll if i'm not a master at progressions out of 12bar blues, and keep further in the laziness spiral
>get an stressing job but that allows me free time in it (albeit while stressed)
>learn some contryside latin genres, funk and other crazy stuff, learn bass, realize i'm doing bass things on guitar with funky rhythms
>holy fuck my brain is on heaven
>do nothing with it
>my head is so freer now and i come up with original melodies, chords and riffs at this point, but it all feels like a breeze from the natural state of my mind, instead of "a thing that i have", and because of that don't record anything as i used to

Attached: 1432936422885.jpg (977x458, 78K)

Not him but I get this a lot. I don't know if it's non-music listeners thinking that anything electronic sounds like "videogame music" or it legitimately does.

2/2

>get paralyzed with my super sweaty hands and the fact that i buy strings with the money that costs my health, and don't play electric anymore; decide i'll leave it for recordings and gigging only but even stop recording at some point to save strings
>i got the job with the mentality of using it as means to keep me phisically active, showering everyday and mainly for social adjustment and practice, but end up getting caged in a nice boy persona and it starts fucking with my mind and i feel scared to play electric guitar at home these days (but that's also summed with abusive siblings)
>along with ear training, also been putting an effort on developing composition and wordy-thinking skills in my brain, and start coming up with phrases and ideas about life but still afraid and demotivated to write them down and try to make lyrics with them
>want to improve my writing and vocabulary but feel the social persona is dominating me and i dont feel that old openness and inclination to learning new words and a sophisticated vocabulary
>feel like i lost my sense of musical direction and connection with reality on the process of isolation and learning too much different genres and breaking theory rules in favor to my own sense -- it worked but then with hiatus of practice i lost my intuitions AND theory
>weekend comes and i feel a bit of peace and relaxation
>want to use my time to work on composition and recording but i'm depressed and can't come up with cool stuff, feel down low creativity, the things that i think at work are all gone and i cant think of shit (or am mentally blocked by the home's feel)
>end up shitposting and listening to music
>repeat weekly cycle forever

Attached: 146219064673.jpg (500x442, 69K)

normies listen to electronic music too - EDM - and don't say it sounds like video game music

if your sound design is just lowpassing square waves then it might be the reason

I fuckin love WRPG midi music.

youtube.com/watch?v=AKj36GJj_i8
youtube.com/watch?v=kwV1j1L9Kgg

Did you ever end up giving away those homemade mics that you made?
This is better than some of the tracks on the new FlyLo album. In fact, I was thinking that some of those tracks are on par with things that get posted here. If I wasn't lazy, I would probably try and troll by posting Heroes in a Half Shell under a different name.
Actually, that one percussive sound in your track is too loud, I think. Could be my speakers.
You see, we really do create our own reality. Life is a game and we decide by which rules to play.

>This is better than some of the tracks on the new FlyLo album
Then that flylo album must be really shit because listening back to that thing I posted I feel really disappointed with myself even though it's still in the WIP stage. I mean, there's no structure and there's only one looped chord progression going on the entire time. some bass notes are too off-grid. there's no final 'energy high' it just kinda tapers off.
I think I did better a month ago when I decided I could try this kind of genre then - instaud.io/3zIk
In general, it turns out this boom - clap stuff is pretty hard to do actually

>You see, we really do create our own reality. Life is a game and we decide by which rules to play.
That's true but I got swallowed by the monster of the external world's negativity

What are some decent dirt cheap drum machines?

Attached: 1553124489105.png (530x402, 369K)

Just download free sample packs and play them back with a tracker or some free sample player.

What kind of computer should I buy if I want to produce with no extra cortisol from crashing and having to freezee and unfreezee tracks all the time, but don't care for crazy gaming? (But want something that will take VSTs of the years to come)

I'm thinking of getting a laptop for improving my desk's cleanness.

Do I need something with an SSD?
How much ram do I need?
2, 4 cores, or do I need 6 to stand the changes of time?

For now I have a Celeron dual core and 3gb ddr2 that I gave up on producing with it because it's so fucking slow and I dont have the free time necessary to cope with it anymore, I want it to be as fast as myself for mixing, that is, no delays and freezees.

Attached: 1429419325514.jpg (523x376, 27K)

support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase?ans=214

anyone pls

what do you think of this
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-779026743-hp-elite-8200-core-i7-34-ghz-16gb-240gb-hd-ssd-_JM

As many cores and rams as possible.
Laptops a shit.

mega.nz/#!Y8E0jK6K!ThpEy-38egF8OhOggTDN_27nuJS8TIXoKxniqE2_gcc

Roland S770 drum samples

All native 44.1 yet retro in sound.

Attached: roland_s770.jpg (600x589, 76K)

You're always going to have to freeze tracks and deal with lag, so get the best computer you can afford.

what do you think of these (my wage is of r$900)

i filtered the ones with 8gb ram. whatever i buy, it's gonna be from that website.

i understand i should get the best cpu and ram that i can, but is there one on this list that is more "benefit over cost" than the others, is it linear with the price? and maybe there's one that's good enough and will save me from spending too much on small improvements.

and does it matter, for music production, that a core 2 quad doesnt have the newer CPU instructions?

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1156316748-computador-hp-elite-intel-core-i5-32-ghz-8gb-500gb-wifi-_JM

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1090387661-pc-cpu-hp-elite-6000-intel-core-2-quad-8gb-ddr3-500gb-q8400-_JM

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1105842338-cpu-hp-elite-8200-desktop-core-i5-2400-8gb-hd-320gb-_JM

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-978052609-pc-cpu-intel-core-i5-33ghz-8gb-ram-hd-320gb-segunda-geraco-_JM

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1201041192-hp-compaq-8300-elite-i7-34ghz-8gb-500-hd-win7-_JM

Attached: 1474980582823.png (387x429, 21K)

I usually try writing within a diatonic scale cause I'm almost sure I'll screw up otherwise. This time I just went for it and played whatever sounded ok to my ears.

Fuck my shit up Yea Forums:

clyp.it/2g1fh2mh

I wouldn't buy these especially not used before you need to save and get something good

>clyp.it/2g1fh2mh
The harmonies remind me of oldschool breakbeat/jungle/house tracks. Not as bad as you might be thinking. I think it works.

ive been saving and that's why i'm looking for a new computer now. i make minimum wage on the third world so i have to do what i can.
about being used, that website protects the buyer and i can return it within two months if it gives me problems. i have done that before with an used interface. (unfortunately my akg headphone took 3 months to start buzzing at slightly high volumes and i will have to bring it to a tech if i want it fixed. )

Just synthesize your own

Get a tracker like Renoise

that's a daw isnt it
that interface looks heavier in processing than reaper

i dont like how they don't say exactly what model of the components they will send only like i5 or i7 so probably it sounds good on the site but they probably will ship with old weaker versions

I think the best to do is get the parts separately and then build so you know what you get and you don't get let down from hoping it will be good enough

i can just ask them the model name
but the i5s are probably 2nd or 3nd generation. what do you think of that?
i like that compact case of the hp elite and i guess these are cheaper than buying the actual parts separately

It's among the least cpu taxing modern DAWs that isn't completely archaic

do you think reaper is archaic? i think i serves me fine, what am i losing for using reaper?

is this humbucker going through a clean amp or is it DI'd? youtube.com/watch?v=Nu2zNMsbH7Y ]

is this good enough without vocals?

Getting started on production is cool because I feel like I learn a new thing every day, but also kind of depressing because I can hear how shitty I still sound.

oops forgot link picosong.com/w8H5e/

dont een worry about it its never gonna be as good as it is in your head but keep getting there, on each song try a slightly different approach (eg start one with a sample, other with drums, other with melody, other with drone etc.)

are i5 and i7 of 1st 2nd or 3rd generation worth a shit for music production nowadays?

Attached: Screenshot_41.jpg (380x395, 34K)

Am I the only one that uses cakewalk as a DAW? I never see it or sonar(what it used to be called) get mentioned anywhere.

maybe you always should have listened to Steely Dan

why

because it's the rock music that you were looking for, not like:
>get quite good at it, then realize i'm good enough and these guys are mostly druggies with average theory knowledge and technique

but they're college nerds that can't play ballsy bluesrock with big distorted notes

Is about possible to get into music production at 18 and actually be good at it? What does it take to be a successful producer?

this is pretty alright, needs better mixing though

No you have to start at 3 or it's too late.

>What does it take to be a successful producer?
If you mean someone who sells his own music and does live shows, all you need is a large following. You cang et that by making great music or having the right friends that can put you in front of large audiences, or by having great marketing.
Possibly all three.

If you mean someone who sits in the studio and produces for someone else, all you need is to know the right people. That's it.
Having good music helps, but it's not a requirement.

this tweet sums it up perfectly: twitter.com/swum/status/1090468471580835840

just download any DAW, mess around for a few years making hundreds of beats and ideas that aren't good enough
until you're ready to start posting to soundcloud for 3 listeners.

hey brainlet
you can literally make albums on a pentium 3

Yeah except that when people used Pentium 3s and protools they still recorded to tape with an analog board and used hardware effects.

And what's stopping you from getting the same stuff that those people used?
Just get the gear you need and stop complaining.

money. if money wasnt a big issue i wouldnt even be asking what computer to buy to begin with so go kill yourself

>money
dude just sell drugs or something jesus

You clearly don't want to make it enough, so I suggest choosing something that requires less dedication because if you're not even willing to invest some money then you probably don't have the guts to make all the sacrifices you'll have to make on your way to success.

Is that so?

youtube.com/watch?v=K-zhjJatmpA

youtube.com/watch?v=sCMpKS77qn8

youtube.com/watch?v=jm41rphRTfk

i'll sell your mother's vagina

i clearly dont make what?
i am sacrificing more than you can guess to get this money so shut your first worlder ass up

I was super broke too, and guess what?
I sold my ass to some rich dude who would fuck me twice a week for a year.
I used the money to buy the gear I needed and to get my career started by creating a label and buying Facebook ads for it.

Are you really sacrificing this much?
I don't think so.

lmao i'm not selling my ass thank you.

Any recommendations for a cheap 8 track interface? Is the Tascam US-16x08 any good?

Where do you live?

See?
Just like I said.
You don't have the dedication.
Enjoy never making it.

why not?
you're cute as fuck sammy, you'd make a killing

brazil
i make minimum wage which is r$ 918 and i'm willing to spend up to 2k if it's worth it
here's the website where i'll buy everything so feel free to look up the price of computer parts like a ryzen or an i5 mercadolivre.com.br

lol troll'd!!!!!!

the 8 channel uphoria with midas preapms is the way to go

i like being able to hold my poop

Never gonna make it

>being this ignorant
I can see why you asked the question in the first place lol

>lol troll'd!!!!!!
I'm 100% serious.
Selling yur ass for success is super common my dude.
I just happened to sell it to a guy for money, but it's not uncommon to at least suck some dicks for placements and contracts.

Would you rather hold your poop on a bicycle or shit yourself in a Cadillac?

correct me then

i dont have a bicycle yet

Is your desktop limiting you right now? Do you really need a laptop?

Ricardo Milos is AWOL, so the demand for meme homoerotic brazilian videos is higher than ever.
You can capitalize on this by making your own videos and memeing yourself on Tik Tok for exposure.
There. Easy money without actually selling your ass.

my desktop is a celeron dual core 2ghz and 3gb ram; what do you think?
a laptop would make my little desk clean and tidy but i realized that laptop cpus are much slower than desktop cpus of the same price so i'll get a desktop.

who the hell is ricardo milos to start with and what would be "meme homoerotic brazilian videos"?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYGce9kLkOA

NEW THREAD

Enjoy my dude.
Watch every webm and take notes.

First it was Gachimuchi and now it's Ricardo.
All it's left is Samuel and we close the circle.
The meme virality potential is enormous dude. Don't waste the opportunity.

i have made a couple and uploaded to sendvid and posted on /gg/ but who knows if someone still has the link.

Are you talking about these two?

Attached: Samuel Campos.png (545x284, 120K)

I've got vids of you whistlin' if you know what I mean.

DAWs and Plugins existed at the time pentium 3 was around