What's up with the Billie Eilish bashing

This board is obsessed with her. Yeah, sure, she is manufactured or whatever, but which popstar isn't? Why all the hate towards her specifically?

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (250x149, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vo5JXupZTK8
youtube.com/watch?v=72BhejMSRFc
youtube.com/watch?v=YL2HRdjDKnw
youtube.com/watch?v=DBIWEOYE1Ps
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cuz she a girl

so is dua lipa or bebe rexha but theyre never talked about here

must be irrelevant idk either of them

She's stealing from hip-hop culture and marketing it to the most vapid white girl audience imaginable. It's true that she's probably not in charge of how her image is propagated, but she's still probably the grossest example in mainstream music of why neoliberalism is such a shitty ideology

because you make posts like this where you erect some ridiculous waifu strawman to pander this dumb whore

my brain finds this shit irritating and it becomes associated with the dumb slut posted to the left

(This is not difficult)

>terrible vocalist
>fakes her background
>doesn't write her own music
>piggybacks off much more talented black artists
>fake edgy
>fake deep
>fake woke
>yet gets endlessly praised

You'd hate her too.

Attached: corporate-sellout.png (935x599, 492K)

>What's up with the Billie Eilish bashing
Just jealous americans angry they can't fap to her yet.

Attached: 1549416109245.jpg (736x736, 59K)

This, which is why she's rightfully denounced as a gentrifier, stealing underground Miami hip hop style and sugaring it up to sell it to teen white girls.

It's the worst of late capitalism, cultural misappropriation, and "clout chasing".

Pretentious, the definition of?

She IS just a manufactured pop star, nothing more, yet she tries to dress in some combination of alternative rock and hip hop fashion that seems stolen from the year 2002, it's annoying, she wants to come off as dark and edgy even though she makes pop music. She uses her image to make people think she's deeper or darker than she really is.

On top of that, her label/ marketing team are more than happy to sexualise an underage girl while simultaneously denouncing the boob-grabbing that she's had to deal with in the past. I obviously don't think the latter is cool but I find it hard to think the two sides unrelated, people wouldn't be seeing her as a sexual object if she wasn't singing about seducing your dad

I don't understand how people can say she isn't sexualized when almost every song she's ever done is about her in some kind of romantic/sexual relationship.

And I'll say it again: it's very obvious Interscope is marketing her as X's female replacement. That's why her image changed so abruptly following X's murder: her label wanted to bring his fans over to her. Hence why she bragged about X having a profound impact on her life, and why she's touring with Curry.
youtube.com/watch?v=vo5JXupZTK8

Nothing this girl does is off-script.

Attached: xxxbillxxxx.png (593x595, 560K)

She hasn't shown her tits yet.

FYI this is how she was marketed originally before Interscope turned her into a suicidal sadgirl.

Attached: Billie-pre-soundclout.jpg (1080x1350, 108K)

She's too meta: hip hop/likes black guys/tries to act "quirky"/ depressed/wears anything outfit that's trending etc. the list can go on, anything that's popular is her persona

she's ugly

Attached: DzC69dFXcAE1CTb.jpg (1178x1798, 777K)

>talented black artists
Ok the rest if the stuff you were saying was accurate but this is horsecrap and you know it!

>>terrible vocalist
Her vocals are great and her timbre is absolutely beautiful.

>>fakes her background
Maybe she did grow up poor. Highland Park was a bad area when she was growing up and her parents aren't exactly Hollywood A-listers.

>>doesn't write her own music
Neither do 99% of all pop stars.

>>piggybacks off much more talented black artists
They're her friends.

>>fake edgy
Maybe she is sad because her friend died?

>>fake deep
She's been through a lot. How can you say she's fake?

>>fake woke
A lot of her songs are about social issues like teen depression and drug use.

The more I see posts like this, the more I want to support her
>Have insufferable pop performer
>Make her detractors insufferable shitlibs
>Slowly begin hating them more than her
>???
>Profit?
Well played marketing team...well played

She sucks and her songs are not good, if you like this crap go over to reddit because your a top 40 normie conformist faggot nigger and don't belong here on Yea Forums where real music fans are

yiiiiikes

>Her vocals are great and her timbre is absolutely beautiful.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
youtube.com/watch?v=72BhejMSRFc
>barely hits the high notes, flubs the song in several places

youtube.com/watch?v=YL2HRdjDKnw
>literally fucks up the high notes on the hook, has to laugh it off

youtube.com/watch?v=DBIWEOYE1Ps
>needs backplay, terrible vibrato, ruins the climax on the bridge where she's clearly using backplay, said backplay smothers her

Can't wait to see her get upstaged by Denzel on tour.

Reverse psychology works wonders.

Not him and I'm not a fan of her music, but all you've done here is cherrypicked examples where you think she sounds bad, and then grossly exaggerated how bad her voice actually is. She's a good singer and the timbre of her voice is pleasant, her main problem is a lack of range (both in terms of pitch and dynamics). Something tells me you're not well-equipped to critique singers

so
>sings about being a slutty 15 year old
lol jk im going to wear baggy clothes :-) im such a role model, men sexualize me anyway teehee ;-)

>extremely privileged upbringing, literally grown into a star from birth, zero struggles to overcome ever
lol jk im actually depressed like everyone else :-(

>is a billboard for literally every 2017- trend on social media from her clothes to her demeanor-
lol jk i dont care about anything :\

Could you show me a video of her performing well?

Ask one of the grown black men her parents whored her out to

The only people who think her image isn't forced are all underage and sheltered.

keked

>Neither do 99% of all pop stars.
And that's exactly the issue people take with her.

No one cares if Ariana writes her own songs because she's never been viewed as anything more than manufactured. Same with Taylor or any other run of the mill pop star. Billie OTOH is propped up as a much more talented and "authentic" artist. If she's going to be praised as being on a higher level than her contemporaries, her artistry should be held to much higher and tougher standards.

>is counter-cultural
>gets featured in a calvin klein ad
*pukes in Debord*

Is that your excuse for defending her? That every other pop star is manufactured? What a massive vegan

See above:
If Billie is going to be judged as something more than a manufactured pop star in terms of quality, then she should realize people will hold her to much stricter criteria than they'd hold other pop stars.

she's 17

Attached: pb.png (800x678, 60K)

So legal in Canada and most American states.

Something about her lips and her misaligned eyes just makes my blood boil

You do realize her mom is like 60 years old right?

Women need to stop breeding after 35, the kids are guaranteed to have deformities otherwise.

>all that strain
Vocal surgery will be one hell of a 21st birthday gift.

It's baffling to me there are people who unironically think someone who gets stimulated by a grown out 17 year old is the equivalent of a real pedo.

They don't, stop being defensive about it it only makes you look like an actual pedo

Do you get mad when autist gets thrown around? Or nigger or fag? It's just how people talk.

>They don't
There are certainly people who do.
>why so defensive dude??
shutup, fag.

In America the legal age for most states is 18, and sorry but America makes the rules for the entire world on the internet, this is our domain.

>In America the legal age for most states is 18
Nah it's 16 or 17.

It's not that she's manufactured for me

For me it's being a female musician who releases music that spreads a really bad message, and inspires other young females to act in this fucked up, faux-cynical way.

I have a 15 year old cousin obsessed with Billie, lighting lighters for instagram to seem "cool" and shit it pisses me off.

To me - and as a musician - popularized music should not be sending the messages she sends. She is utter toxic waste and admits it.

Is this true?

Most American states are 16-17 as their age of consent. Only a handful are 18. Not advising anyone try hooking up with a 16-17 year old though

There's a market for that though. Same reason why popping Xanax is cool now.

This whole thread sucks

Attached: 1554891492524.jpg (1024x540, 38K)

She's anti drug. She sends a better message than a lot of her contemporaries

She glamorizes depression.

Unless Shillie can make an album as good as The Dreaming, I'll forever consider her trash.

>terrible vocalist
Terrible singer =/= terrible vocalist
>fakes her background
>piggybacks off much more talented black artists
>fake edgy
>fake deep
>fake woke
>yet gets endlessly praised
Who cares?

If you're over 18 and like her, you have mental retardation

I don't like her, but I do like the music made in her name.

>she is manufactured
> Why all the hate towards her specifically?
this is the best bait i have seen on Yea Forums this week

cmon dude its not glamorizing depression to speak openly about it. attack her for being a test-tube baby all you want but there's already enough stigma around depression as it is

Attached: 1435626653169.png (478x516, 318K)

And why would she need to do that?