Please, someone, anyone, explain the appeal of this. why does it stand out so much...

please, someone, anyone, explain the appeal of this. why does it stand out so much? just feels like sub par pop for the masses, only two songs even stay in my head

Attached: shit sounds.jpg (500x500, 74K)

Listen to the beach boy records that came before pet sounds, as well as the other pop music at the time

It was groundbreaking for it's time and without it you wouldn't have had records like Sergeant Peppers.

Freak Out! came earlier

>I suppose we all have them, those highly lauded albums where we just don't get all the praise. Abbey Road has always been one for me, but nothing seems more completely out of whack as this thing. There are a couple decent songs, but mostly it's utter dreck. The tunes are forgettable, the arrangments are amateurish at best, the singing is awful for the most part, and the production just sucks. For those who enjoy this, good for you, I'm sure you hate some of my favorites too, but man! I just plain don't get it.

Was he right?

It's the most overrated album of all time, along with Sgt Peppers.
Revolver is more interesting, and both are not even near the complexity of what was happening in 1966.

This was an era where the CIA and the Jews aimed to destroy art.

Beethoven, Mozart, etc, plenty of great composers in history but we were supposed to believe this stuff was groundbreaking and amazing.

Can you honestly say that anything from Bob Dylan isn't total garbage?

It's all a psyop designed to test their abilities to control trends. Unironicaly

Whoever this is, is not qualified to talk about music

Bob Dylan and Lou Reed are the two singers that made me realise Jewish dominance over pop culture. I couldn't believe they were so lauded, awful music

What are your qualifications?

Functioning ears and a brain that can comprehend intelligently crafted and emotive music

Pet Sounds is pretty good but I feel Smiley Smile, is very underrated.

Attached: download.jpg (300x300, 155K)

If you can't tell what's so amazing about this album, then you haven't listened to it with headphones and no distractions. The lyrics that are all about Wilson's feelings of alienation, the use of avant-garde elements in the music that fit right in with what TVU&N followed this up with, the Wall of Sound production that does just sound fantastic, the bicycle bells, the coke cans and the French horns.
You're missing out user, you'll think that all sounds mad, but you are.

I love Freak Out but how is it anything like Pet Sounds?

It's a law of Yea Forums that Frank Zappa did it first and did it better. Doesn't matter what it is.

>have never listened to anything by bob dylan or lou reed
Yeah take that ovenwarmers

FRANK ZAPPA CAN SUCK MY DICK

this

Wall of sound productive isn't innovative, and was done on Beach Boys songs years before Pet Sounds was even in its embryonic stage. I'm sure non-musical instruments have been used in novelty records before Pet Sounds, and personal introspective lyrics definitely weren't invented in 1966 lol

zappa is obnoxious randumb bullshit and nothing like pet sounds

motown, northern soul, burt bacharach, brill building, phil spector > shit sounds

Like what?

>law of Yea Forums
kys

>I KNOW YOU'RE GONNA LOVE PHIL SPECTOR
what the FUCK could he have possibly meant by this line?

Attached: GettyImages-3137602.jpg (948x834, 395K)

>The singing is awful for the most part
Look I understand if you don't care for the arrangements, songwriting, production etc, but saying the singing is awful is just a turd pulled right out of a cow's ass

sage'ing the bait