Devin Townsend - Empath

9:30
youtube.com/watch?v=W1oNvg-AKs0

Fantano is so wrong about his album. the production on this album is not bad at all, he is just not used to Devin's style of production. the orchestral parts in this album are incredibly fun, and him just dismissing them as "corny" makes it seem like it doesn't really understand the aesthetic the album was going for.

Also its crazy to me he said the vocals on this album are bad because Devin's vocal performance on this album was excellent

This album is an easy 8/10

Attached: Untitled.png (747x518, 702K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YXDmFwUOkkk
rateyourmusic.com/~Maudlinn
rateyourmusic.com/list/deadpie/proud-jews-of-rym/
youtube.com/watch?v=0vLm5AetaZI
youtube.com/watch?v=re89JUJ_l3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ui3IzGSUmN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

crazyaga stop

Broken clock is correct twice a day.

Devin Townsend is shitty autism music

That's what people who haven't really listened to him think

youtube.com/watch?v=YXDmFwUOkkk

i dont know who devin is but i listened to Empath and it is wank

It is not wank. ill copy paste here my rym review of it:
"In Empath, Devin Townsend returns to experiment with sound to create a unique record which combines elements of metal, broadway musicals, orchestral elements, pop, and even a little taste of jazz and electronic. the album combines the genres tastefully for the most part, creating a very colorful and varied listening experience, with an atmosphere that is often reminiscent of being on a tropical island.

Lyrically, the main theme of the album is that even if things seem difficult, and even if you don't know what will be your future, you are not the only one who is suffering and you should do your best to get through it because other people are getting through it. i really enjoy this message, it is a positive feel-good message that manages to avoid being too optimistic and acknowledges the hardships of reality.

In my opinion this album is a huge success for Devin Townsend. definitely among his best albums this decade, highly recommended!"

Shit taste.
rateyourmusic.com/~Maudlinn

Great taste

why aren't you on this list?

rateyourmusic.com/list/deadpie/proud-jews-of-rym/

Wow you are so funny epic joke man

My brother makes me listen to this garbage regularly. There are much better walls-of-noise than this stuff.

Attached: 1540928810252.jpg (1200x802, 116K)

>watching melon after he went FULL cuck in 2018

Attached: kik.jpg (600x600, 35K)

None do it quite like how Devin does it.
Its a bit of an acquired taste but Empath is a work of a musical genius

It's musical retardation. It's crap, man

Attached: 1524524789030.jpg (360x245, 43K)

great point backed by arguments grounded in musical analysis of the wo oh wait no you're just doing le epic "it's shit lol" post

Its not crap. its original, fun and great. listen to this man, don't lie to yourself admit this is hella fun

youtube.com/watch?v=0vLm5AetaZI

Im not going to intellectually argue for or against subjective shit, I only aim to counterbalance your ridiculous zealotry of this crap music.

Attached: uYP2rM4.jpg (599x717, 45K)

listen to the song i linked above you and admit that its fun as fuck

so you're just shouting your opinion at someone stating theirs, the main difference is that you're being a dick about it.

well, at least you're aware of it I guess

Not with that title. I don't fuck with satanic symbolism, imagery, and lyrics.

Attached: ar2x4u.gif (320x240, 979K)

Bro seriously

Attached: 1114893-tommy_lee_jones.jpg (1280x850, 725K)

>being this much of a cucked abrahamutt

100% serious.

Okay then try this
youtube.com/watch?v=re89JUJ_l3Y

>liking prog-metal
Were you made with ears?

Attached: C4E20B7A-7E6C-4D08-B1F8-D489B3F87C8C.jpg (750x1065, 533K)

Devin Townsend doesn't make just prog metal though.

And when he does he sounds nothing like any other prog metal act.

I recommend highly for you

Attached: 015DE110-A9AD-4D97-8BCD-3B9EB38B0494.jpg (1000x1000, 95K)

Faggot piece of shit subhuman spamming fucking Fantano threads fuck you I hope you get raped to death by a pack of wild niggers I hope there’s an accident and you lose both your hands so you can never post again I’m sick of this bald fat faggot on this board I don’t give a shit about what good album he rated poorly or what bad album he rated highly he’s a stupid fucking idiot we know that we’ve always known that but you retards come here every fucking hour of every fucking day saying “durr wait why fantano be dumb bald man not rate album how I rate album” why don’t you pull your head out of your ass do the world a favor and get a fucking shotgun and end your posting career early I’m sick of coming to Yea Forums and seeing this subhuman and always the same fucking complaints about him just stop fucking posting him he’s not a musician and his videos aren’t even interesting just stop it I hope the skull is ripped out of your head and your brains are split in two and then they’re both put back and the process is repeated over and over I hope you live in abject misery I never want to see a thread about him again I hope your spine is split in half I hope your heart is clogged with cum I fucking hate these stupid fucking low quality threads we need a permanent ban on these threads so I want the mods to just fucking end this and I don’t even like them fuck off just do it stop posting yes we get it he’s a moron you’re the moron for posting him whether you like him or not you’re a fucking cancer cell killing this board eat my whole ass I’m sick and tired of you people being alive if theneedledrop were deleted off youtube this board would probably suck for a few weeks or so but then it would be so great as people realized he was never coming back I’m fucking begging you here please stop posting him stop posting about how you like and support him and stop posting about how you dislike or hate him just stop making threads about this shit

i stopped reading after a few words it doesn't worth my time

I guess i just dont know devin or prog that much. The only “prog-metal” i like is Negură Bunget, Sigh, enslaved, Somewhere in Time by Iron Maiden and like maybe between the buried and me.

Huh, that's one review I agree with the dude, at least on some levels. I don't mind the mixing myself, but the overabundance of the orchestral stuff I do. That's getting really old. Not enough riffs and other memorable parts when you consider the album's length. Devin's current orchestrations have the effect of making everything seem to blend together into one non-descript mass that's for the most time at a "yeah, this is pretty good" level, but the nature of the album calls for back-to-back listening, for which Empath is quite a handful to process.

Not a bad album by any means, but definitely not among Devin's best either. While it's probably not gonna happen, I'm still hoping he'd ease up on (or drop altogether) the orchestrations and everything-chock-full-of-everything-all-the-time production for at least some of his future album project(s). And have it be a 'proper' prog metal thing and not some new age waterfalls & windchimes noodling like Ghost, one album was enough of that for me. But give me more CoC or Ki-esque shit any day!

hippie music

Empath is fucking awful, get a life. I predicted it was going to be terrible on Yea Forums before it was released and I was 100% correct. It's nothing but filler, boring pop beats and songs dragged out way too much. The song you posted at is ten times better than anything on empath. It has a good melody, no filler and a lot of creativity. None of which can be said for anything on empath besides that one really heavy song. Devin Townsend is a musically euthanized prick and his fans are the dumbest faggots in prog history.

dont give up

it's posted in nearly every thread.
if you weren't a newfag you'd have read it at least once by now

>caring about fantano
>expecting fantano to like prog rock

how new are you, OP?

you do realize that fantano cares more about stuff like lil pump and billie eilish for a reason, right? that subscriber count consists of the people that it does for a reason.

i underrated empath the first time i listened to it then it really grew on me. give it another chance user, the songwriting is actually great

youtube.com/watch?v=ui3IzGSUmN0

I'm genuinely curious. Are you embarrassed of your heritage?

No i just don't give a single fuck about such superficial things such as "heritage"

Already own it. Not into it anymore

>Devin Townsend sounding like bootleg Meshuggah again
Who could have seen that one coming. Bad enough he stole the riff from New Millennium Cyanide Christ two fucking times