Aesthetics of the 2020s

What do you expect the 2020s to feel/look like in terms of multimedia/music?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eBbwaqDYmTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uERIXLWeik0
youtube.com/watch?v=0SYMoTBYT04
youtube.com/watch?v=y6wULuBZZQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gXr5QBB8xaw
youtube.com/watch?v=CWqXxK_ukN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

like shit

like shit

like shit

so basically it'll look like this?

Attached: image.jpg (630x472, 86K)

yes

yes
but even worse, as the alt-right twinks complete their merging with SJW troons, giving birth to a new zeitgeist of self-pity and embarrassing memes

Hardcore nostalgia for the 1990s. We are already starting to kinda see it now with "art hoe" types dressing in those high-waisted mom jeans and tucked in T-shirts. We will probably also see a return to aesthetics similar to what is featured in pic related. I believe Mac Demarco will be pointed at as an influence on this.

I could also be completely fucking wrong about everything I just wrote.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (440x550, 22K)

nah we’re already past that
2000s nostalgia will be the hip new thing

The second depression era will drag on, as will the Persian War
Protest against the war and the bad economic conditions for the young will escalate into full civil war
So we are getting a lot of good music boys

xenofeminism

genderfluid transhumanism (IE tranny cyborgs and the automation of BDSM, "to softness as a weapon when the mind attacks itself")

post-rave/jungle aesthetics but with more esoteric occultism and experimental textures

themes of social degeneration or decomposition, the perversity of the (sexed) human body in the face of technological advancements towards perfect (asexual/pristine) reproduction. What emerges out of underground music is the primal survival instinct of humanity adapting to the technology that imprisons them, the monstrous hybrid of human sexuality and industrial production

see for references:
youtube.com/watch?v=eBbwaqDYmTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uERIXLWeik0
youtube.com/watch?v=0SYMoTBYT04
youtube.com/watch?v=y6wULuBZZQQ

Attached: arca.jpg (2048x1498, 429K)

Eh, I feel like the whole 90s shtick is still more associated with "alternative" culture. It hasn't yet hit the mainstream, e.g. television advertisements, musical styles, and casual fashion. All I'm saying is I don't think it's over until there's an unironic Nirvana clone on the radio and people are fawning over the fact that Heinz brought back that weird green ketchup.

continuation of absolutely retarded 1997-2001 revival. y2k ”aesthetic” worship will go full mainstream, thanks to the groundwork by empty ironic husks like charli xcx
indie bands, now made up of people who were barely alive when blink182 ruled the world, turn to ironic skate/pop-punk in a tacit attempt to score some ironic hits (via manufactured nostalgia)
also major inroads by diaspora genres in the west, with urbano as the trailblazer. basically imagine an inescapable web of cornershops blasting variations on ”despacito” forever (europeans can picture a middle-eastern version)
kpop entering its world domination phase, with the very eager chinese stumbling closely behind and tripping at every step

shit like this will, of course, remain a concern for absolutely no one except people who discovered djing inbetween gender studies and psychoanalysis classes during their year abroad

Wrong, it's a viral contagion that is already spreading into the commercial sphere. Sophie has produced for Madonna, Arca for FKA Twigs, Bjork, etc.. Consumer capitalism is already absorbing this stuff by osmosis, just look at how many marketing campaigns appropriate lgbt activism to serve their own agenda.

Very trannyish.

Maybe some post-electronic music will enter the music scene in the 2020s, not as pop obviously but in the indie electronic scene yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=gXr5QBB8xaw

Attached: future-north-korea-09.jpg (2048x1383, 2.53M)

Trap will still be popular in the early 2020s, then I hope It will die and become replaced with rock or industrial music, people will eventually become sick of trap and nigger triplet flows and high-hats. The rap and pop scene will shift towards more darker/edgier sounds like billie eilish. Also indie pop will continue to rise. At the end of the decade, fuck knows what will happen, maybe this clown world will finally collapse.

I imagine myself being gone through a successful roping of my own neck.

Get out of here, Sadie.

Attached: deborddaddy.jpg (455x626, 98K)

this could actually be interesting

But the Retromania is a real thing. Yung Lean basically put the 2000's vibes on the scope for many ppl...Wtf are you saying, 2000's vibes is alreeady a thing

I don't even think the 00s or 10s had a particular aesthetic. Some people claim the 00s are "shiny silver aesthetics", but that's also 90s.
I think somehow, at least in the west, culture stagnated, probably 9/11 had something to do with it. It all feels very generic. There's no clear distinct differences between 00s and 10s as it was in decades before that were wildly different from one another.
I think the 20s will be just a continuation of that. There'll be countless revivals of many past things, but nothing new and original.
I expect a lot more shitty music though, that's a given.

00s started out as nu-metal then shifted towards flannel wearing PBR drinking hipsters in the later years.
2010s started out as flannel wearing hipsters and later morphed into ironic absurdism.
Also there was the whole instagram filter/chillwave era and the sadboys era.

if you ask me what the early 2010s looked like the only thing i can offer up is that weird brief period when everyone buttoned their shirts all the way up

youtube.com/watch?v=CWqXxK_ukN8

Attached: salman rushdie - Copy.jpg (300x225, 20K)

The 90s have pretty much been exhausted with Vaporwave/Seapunk which in turn where coopted by mainstream artists (See Miley Cyrus in Bangerz). With the rise of zoomers and the deplacement of millenials as "old" and uncool, the shift of nostalgia/melancholy driven cash grabs will turn to the 00s, see Billie Eilish aka. Avril Lavigne for people born after 2005 but pretending to be a soundcloud rapper instead of a skater.

Rock is dead for good, lets face it as much as it makes us sad.
Indie Pop is turning even more boring with every generic shoegaze/dream pop sinthy band that comes out.

There are no decade-defining aesthetics anymore. With the arrival of the internet, everyone mixes and mashes all sorts of aesthetics together as they like, and the subcultures are so varied and diverse and many that they all blend into one monoculture.

Are you midwestern

>vaporwave and seapunk use 90s aesthetics
spot the zoomer

>We are already starting to kinda see it now with "art hoe" types dressing in those high-waisted mom jeans and tucked in T-shirts. We will probably also see a return to aesthetics similar to what is featured in pic related. I believe Mac Demarco will be pointed at as an influence on this.
Where have you been all decade

this megamutts

Not true.
What has changed is that there are so many subcultures and aesthetics to choose from whereas in the past the media gave us only a handful of choices.

Basically. Ideas will always transcend any media, any technology

The exact same Max Martin algorithmic pop that's been topping the charts since the mid 1990s.

It's hilarious that zoomers actually buy into this shit. There was substantially more scene and culture diversity prior to the Web 2.0 internet. Media is far more centralized now than it has ever been at any time in history, but because you visit 40 dozen websites owned by the same 10 media conglomerates you think you're choosing among a diverse array of options. It'd be funny if it wasn't indicative of the historical illiteracy and cultural debasement of this generation of people. You're going to be looked at historically as the most mind-fuckingly boring people since Victorian England.

they do

90s nostalgia has been a thing in the indie scene for a while now, but we'll start seeing it seep into popular culture more and more until it becomes unnoticeable just like 80s style synths and dance beats

00s nostalgia mixed with trannies and mulattos

Are you fucking absolutely retarded or do you just live under the biggest, farthest rock on earth
Holy shit, either way, kill yourself.

I don’t know man, I’ve been seeing chicks do the 80’s thing with just a bra and a baggy shirt slanted to one side.

Tried to make kind of a recap based on this thread and popular albums by year.

Attached: IMG_20190516_213356.png (1080x878, 368K)

>1st wave indie
that was in the 90s

He's probably talking about nu indie, like Car seat headrest's twin fantasy

Virtual analog prices will shoot up

probably moreso the last few dying years of the era of dime-a-dozen p4k buzzbands

Nothing because we will be too busy fighting a war with Iran that Israel wants

Based post

You’re right and wrong.
Our culture flash froze in 1998, which sucks balls. However, it’s pretty easy to tell if something was made in the 00’s or 10’s.
00’s: a strange mutation of 90’s kewl with the faux realistic aesthetic you’d see in Apple OSs at the time
10’s: minimalism. That’s it

this is correct

we have access to a wide variety of things but most of those things come from previous decades, the stuff that is being currently created is 99% homogenous

Jeez bad day, huh? You could explain why you think I'm wrong or just talk shit and contribute fuck all to the conversation.

Nostalgia culture will finally die, Nike has been bringing back all their 90’s and y2k sneakers back for years now so that trend isn’t cool anymore. Arthoes have been doing brands like fila and even Jenco jeans for years now so y2k fashion is lame at this point. I hope we finally move forward and dump the nostalgia crap and actually innovate

These trend aware 'woke' city dwellers are mentally ill, don't bother.

Unfortunately you guys that live in rural areas are severally handicapped when it comes to any culture

I'd like for this to be the case, but I believe the practice of commodifying consumers' childhoods is way too profitable for it to just stop. Here's hoping, though.

As long as they keep giving me sweet he remasters of PlayStation gloryday titles, I'm alright
They can't make a game worth a fuck these days anyway, make my favorites pretty

Aligator skin sneakers and tap gloves.

You know, like tap shoes but hands. Rhinestones abound.

Hd

Go to your next korg volca ambient basement show and shut up

>lo-fi power pop like Hard Christ, P.H.F. and Negative XP/School Shooter becomes the new sound of indie music as bedroom pop becomes mainstream
>jazz rap and neo-soul become the most popular forms of black music thanks to the rise of afrocentrism in the U.S.
>mainstream electronic music is basically 50% low energy Chainsmokers style shit and 50% people badly ripping off Flying Lotus
>”virtual bands” like Studio Killers and Gorillaz suddenly become popular again

Say whatever you want, but pic related will start to have an even bigger impact in upcoming artist, mark my words
>Yves Tumor
based

Attached: blond.jpg (620x620, 25K)

this sounds like a realistic and well articulated prediction

Agree. What would be your explanation for this homogeneity despite having instant access to so many diverse musical traditions, knowledge and tools ?
It seems that the more devices, content, learning materials, softwares become widely available, the less creative humans are.
The age of downloadable home studios gave birth to soundcloud rappers, lowfi study beats to concentrate for starbucks exams and meme remixes.
>inb4 you have to struggle to achieve greatness

bump