ITT: Bands that were probably well-planned social engineering or a meticulously crafted products

ITT: Bands that were probably well-planned social engineering or a meticulously crafted products

Attached: RATM.jpg (312x161, 12K)

Attached: linkin-park-brad-delson-joseph-hahn-JM248J.jpg (910x1390, 143K)

>well-planned social engineering

So... networking?

and what was their social engineering construct to be exact?

My another type: Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson. Pushing the depressed, suicidal and self-loathing agenda was quite popular in mainstream in the 90s, culimating in Woodstock 99.

Attached: 10nlyzsmeai11.jpg (1579x1083, 515K)

wdhmbt

Attached: beetle.jpg (299x169, 11K)

The Beatles, easily.

nvm i googled it

The Doors

i hated myself long before it was cool, faggot

I don't think they were social engineering, I just think they were a product. They came as a mashing together of different completely unknown groups, got famous overnight through internet promotion and never even really were a touring band before their first album came out with the most polished pop production ever on a major label and instantly sold millions, and their look and fashion just seemed like it was tailor made to be what the trends were at the time like a boy band more than an organic rock act

Literally every mainstream band

Brockhampton

>mentions Nine Inch Nails as being responsible for depression
>not garbage like nirvana so bad that even the lead singer killed himself

That's an interesting point because it was literally testing mass audiences reactions post-WW2 era. I'm really curious why Jazz and Pop audiences before Beatles and even after Beatles just couldn't top this hysterical wall of crying girls that pee in their pants while being on a live gig.

But they literally banned Morrisson from some venues and he had a lawsuit and a trial for being obscene

Fuck me but I think Nirvana came from an absolutely legit and sincere background with Cobain being a post-punk/alternative nerd with a fucking GREAT taste in music. Yes, they became products that started the 90s trend of deconstructive suicide and self-loathing in popculture, but they extrapolated it from the real feelings the guy had. Not unlike RATM and NIN which seem to be bands made by guys in suits on the highest floor of the L.A. skyscraper.

Was it really that well-planned when they were so painfully corporate?

why and how is RATM made by suits in skysraper?
just say "cultural marxism"

>NIN
>corporate
Trent Reznor is as legit as it gets.

Youve been working at this plant for so long....youre a plant!

>But they literally banned Morrisson from some venues and he had a lawsuit and a trial for being obscene
That's just a sleazy marketing gimmick. Get real.

They ARE consistent with the long standing tradition of incessant whinge about the symptoms while neither doing anything nor addressing the problems.

Thats right, better shut up and not complain.
Stupid sheep

Reznor already made that music before the 90s

Yeah I can totally tell you were alive in the late 90's, tons of bands were popping off cause of the internet ha ha
Seriously though I thought you had to be 18 to post on this website?

Linkin Park came out in the year 2000, moron. And it's true, Linkin Park were practically the first band to use the internet that way the way they did, MCR and Panic at the Shitsco followed their example years later.

OP is 16 and really upset no one likes muh obscurrr counter culture so he has to make up a reason to discredit other artists who had successful careers. spend last time asking retarded questions like this and more time supporting artists you give a shit about.

Antichrist superstar came out in 1996 and Trent Reznor reproduced Portraits in 1994. Again, no one was using the internet to find music during this time. You're ignorant because you weren't alive.

Linkin Park have admitted they even used to spam AOL chatrooms and shit with their music pretending to be fans

Who gives a fuck, I'm not talking about Manson or NIN, I'm talking about Linkin Park you nigger mongoloid. Linkin Park came out in the year 2000, not the 90's.

Yes of course this proves that their an industry plant, AOL is the deepstate goyim

Attached: Big_Black_-_Songs_About_Fucking.png (220x220, 30K)

Learn something about the way the music industry works, you sound like an old man screaming at clouds. Would be a lot more productive if you used your cynicism towards something that isn't buttrock.

Ok. I know every bit of the history of Linkin Park, you don't, fuck off. It's well documented that Linkin Park became overnight famous and signed to a label right out the gate without ever having been a touring band prior, the members played in OTHER bands before Linkin Park, but not Linkin Park itself.

Man for someone that really doesn't like this band you sure do know a lot about them

Case of knowing your enemy or do u secretly like shitty music
If your half baked opinions are any indication, I'm going with the latter

I used to like Linkin Park and still like their first three records. Their immediate success has always been an interest to me.

And I never said they were an industry plant, just that they were a blatant product that was hand crafted to "sell out". They were world famous within a year of being a band and signed and put out by one of the biggest labels in the world. Are they plants? No, but they were lucky to be doing what they were doing right as labels were all trying to find the next Korn or Limp Bizkit, because they became overnight famous which probably wouldn't have been the case if they came out at any other time.

Yeah this, every band I'm coming up with for various reasons is mainstream

I think he means like getting people to become liberal or something

That's pretty much the music industry right there man. Every trend is the bigwigs jumping to copy the fresh band that starts it all. Same with movies too, note that every huge success sets the tone for films for over a decade.

And then a lot of folk music glorified not having money/being essentially homeless and generally lacking stability.

>Their immediate success has always been an interest to me.
Interest, funny way of spelling resentment.
The fact of the matter is that the artists you know and care about are the product of an industry that's interested first and foremost in its preservation. Don't be mad at interscope for wanting to make money when Kazaa, limewire, and Napster we're crouching in the bushes handing you back the $10 you didn't spend on meteora. It's so funny to me that you cynical fucks will rail against bands for 'selling out' when you probably didn't buy anything they we're selling in the first place.

Fuck off Jew. And in any case, the whole point is over your head. A band like say, Korn spent time being basically nobodies on the road opening for other bands building a fanbase and didn't get super famous until their third or fourth album. Linkin Park came out and were served up on a silver platter and were literally megastars with a million albums sold right out the gate. That kind of thing doesn't "just happen", I'm sorry, they were put in that position by the label. Have you ever heard Hybrid Theory? That sounds about as slick as a Britney Spears album, money and lots of it went into that, their debut album.

It's ironic you would even make that argument considering that a shitload of money was made by record labels in the 00's...that file sharing shit hadn't gotten bad yet and it was just the start of the trouble. Lots of bands and artists were becoming rich as shit during the 00s and the labels even more so, from nu-metal, to post grunge, to pop punk, to your N*Syncs and Christinas, to your Eminems and 50 Cents