Sometimes is the best track

>Sometimes is the best track
I see this a lot and am dumbfounded. Not even top 5

Attached: 3DC5BEEA-0068-4911-AA5E-7BDC7334B5F8.jpg (1000x1000, 57K)

When you sleep is the worst. It's an overrated piece of shit.

Soon is the best track

Agreed. Sometimes is probably my least favorite on the album.
Contrarian fag

have sex

mein neger, soon a best

Yeah it's so boring and anticlimactic. The album would be a 10/10 if you deleted Sometimes and What You Want

the worst is touched
also this album is a 7/10
probably the most overrated album of all time

Touched is fucking shit.

This.

I Only Said is my fav

>he rates touched
it’s a fucking palette cleanser and similar to the codas on some of the songs.
the
album would be worse without it.

It's not on Spotify anymore

This. Shit's godly

being an apple music faggot finally paid off

Attached: E096F0A4-4537-4A8F-B369-2B8A6B86948F.jpg (1657x1016, 220K)

we also have king crimson and spotifags don't
apple music wins again baby

Yes, it is.

Attached: Loveless.png (481x241, 112K)

>the contrarians need their own thread
Sometimes is STILL by far the best song on the album, although there are strong contenders like soon, when you sleep, loomer, and come in alone.

>and What You Want
Pathetic, reddit tier taste

Attached: fuck-yeah-gtfo-clean-l.png (1500x1189, 46K)

That album is just loaded with fucking material. I think you can easily find yourself just alternating favorites every so often
(Loomer is a new favorite after preferring To Here Knows When since I first listened to it).
>hating on Touched
I always knew this board had faggot taste

Everybody knows the best one is Only Shallow

Attached: 1555293989159.jpg (934x736, 306K)

I never cared too much for Sometimes either. Not only does it do the least to push the most interesting aspects of the album's aesthetic but it's also in a shit place on the trackllist, completely derailing the energy built up between When You Sleep and Come In Alone, with a much better candidate for a moodier immediately coming in with Blown A Wish. It really should've been somewhere before To Here Knows When (aka the actual best song) if it were to be anywhere on this tracklist but to my taste it's B-side stuff.

loomer is the best song on this album and nothing can change my mind

It's interesting to see so many people dislike Sometimes. I probably have a strong bias toward it because I discovered it through Lost in Translation,
and a friend of mine recommended the album to me a couple years later without really remembering who wrote it, so a part of the magic was discovering a lot of my favorite of styles of music through a soundtrack that led to me
discovering an album I felt like I had waited my entire life to hear.

Hearing Loveless for the first time was like a musical bible. During the years of playing guitar, the bridge of my guitar had somehow raised, and I began
experimenting with warping, always wanting to find a guitar album that captured that modulation There quite literally couldn't have been a more perfect album to listen to.
So having that album shared to me had a profound effect on my life and everything I love about music.

And it all started with that song.

I've always loved that song. That moment when the strums come in, and how muddy and fuzzy that guitar work is. The progression is just absolutely beautiful; blossoming with Kevin's voice; capturing the yearning of requited feeling and expressing something so lovely to share as deeply with someone else.
The way the keys lament and celebrate with his singing. I just find it extremely enchanting.

It's pure magic.

Based

Sometimes is the only track I really like, and I kind of dislike Loveless in general.

are you outside of the US?

Agreed, its been consistently my number 1 or 2 on it since my first listen

Soon is the best you silly geese, partly because there's nothing else like it in all of music.

This guy gets it.

This too

What You Want is one of the best jangle pop tracks ever written, period. It captures the feeling of adolescent yearning so well.

how can you say when you sleep is shit and enjoy any other songs on the bum? that’s like saying you hate feces but love diarrhea

Not him, but he's right. It's the most "ordinary" sounding song on an album that excels in conveying surreal otherworldly sounds

Come In Alone > I Only Said > To Here Knows When > Sometimes > What You Want > Blown a Wish > When You Sleep > Loomer > Soon > Touched > Only Shallow

The album is boring and overrated tho

Attached: 1554955624681.jpg (1147x825, 118K)

Based

It's pretty easily the best song.

On another note, it's been decades but we'll still never know the true lyrics to this song. Does anyone have the band's or Kevin Shields' contact details? email address? I'll email them for the lyrics myself.

Attached: 062EDD56-5DCE-4B42-A580-191625C0AB61.jpg (166x166, 5K)

Kevin's best song is City Girl

The entire album is.

kevin released a solo album?

Sadly no

It's not on italian spotify anymore as well
I have the cd though, so w/e

Come in Alone is easily the best. Also Loveless is a 9/10

oh damn, never investigated the lost in translation soundtrack before, what great tracks he wrote for the film

unironically this

I tip my fedora to your brave opinion, have some reddit gold
Soon is a firmly middle to upper song on the album. It is nowhere near the best
Congrats on getting 3 (You)s on obvious bait
>probably the most overrated album of all time
t. has listened to less than 1k albums
this. Without Touched, the average Yea Forumstard wouldn't be able to appreciate just how good To Here Knows When is.
>streaming service autism
took me this far to see Loomer being talked positively about but I guess that's nu-Yea Forums. Glad to see you like it.
good opinion
name something better and if it's by Swirlies or any egotist post rock act I will beat you into submission
not a terrible opinion but it's a strange one. why do you think that?
decent opinion

Attached: 1480057533381.jpg (631x755, 61K)

Sometimes probably isnt the best track but its definitely top 4
this guys a fucking faggot

Soon sounds like a Spyro music track

I have seen this comment multiple times, and thought the same thing. What makes it that way... the synth?
I only played Spyro 2 though, must be some track from there

>What You Want
>When You Sleep
>Come In Alone

In that order

Attached: 1553142962792.jpg (714x714, 183K)

Stewardt Copeland did the music for Spyro, so maybe that's why

I knew that, how is he connected to MBV - Soon though?

>Best:
I Only Said
>Runner-up:
Soon
>Worst:
Only Shallow
>Overrated:
Sometimes
>Underrated:
Loomer

Attached: bilindabutcher.jpg (1599x1136, 209K)

bump

love her hair so much

That makes sense, the album's claim to fame is its warped, distorted guitar tones and Sometimes is by far the least indulgent song in that respect. Honestly I find it flat and static relative to the rest of the album because of that but yeah, if any song fits the mold of "favorite song for people who don't actually like said album" it's Sometimes.

Jesus Christ Almighty this post is shit

>waah all of your opinions are wrong but i won't post mine hehe :-)

bmp

>le replies to every post guy
snuff thyself with vapours most toxic

pretty sure you can gather my opinions from the post retard
snuff this
*unzips*

Attached: photo_2019-05-16_20-56-37.jpg (865x1080, 73K)

has thom ever cited mbv as an influence?

Thom only plagiarizes

Based