Why Are NuMetal Bands Such as Slipknot So Hated

Aside from it's comparative mainstream appeal in contrast to other metal subgenres.

I am admittedly pretentious when it comes to musical taste, but I enjoyed the hell out of pick related.

Attached: 220px-Slipknot_-_Slipknot2.jpg (220x220, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LBAXZto7uVc
youtube.com/watch?v=JMvNdai0tsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Toxicity is a great album, and so is Adrenaline. Hybrid Theory is solid too

Defo their best effort, there's like 5 slightly different releases of the self titled album. I'm sure I have them all too. After that this release it all just became a bit ho-hum.

because all nu metal bands were seen as Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park, while truly based albums like pic related and Iowa existed

Soad is not nu metal you retard

of course they are

They are a little played out, i prefer gems like this anyways.

youtu.be/LBAXZto7uVc

>band of douche bros wearing hockey jerseys and cargo pants with ridiculous braided facial hair playing JUMPDAFUCKUP grooves on seven string Ibanez guitars
Nah couldn't be nu metal

desu japan did nu metal better
youtube.com/watch?v=JMvNdai0tsI

It's literally a Korn song sung in Japanese, you weeaboo

They do, but Deg aren't an example of it. Look at Maximum the Hormone for that.
Deg's numetal phase was an awkward transition for them, and one they just barely scraped through. It wasn't good.

Except the vocalist isn't mumbling about being raped by daddy

>low voiced singing with eerie random high notes with random "me crazy" noises over heavy guitars before a catchy melodic chorus

It's copying Korn

Based and upvoted

Kyo has actual vocal range, like Mike Patton.
Davis is just a showman but he can't sing.

He's also one of the most inconsistent live vocalists in the world. You never know if you're going to get "beauty and ugliness seemlessly transitioning" kyo, or "fuck this, I'll just cocktoo squawk my way through this" kyo.
At least davis is consistently mediocre.

Davis has a limited range, but he can sing well within that range, he also can consistently death growl....compare this to some like Corey Taylor from Slipknot who can't even pull off his aggro screams live, I can only imagine the amount of prep that goes into recording a Slipknot album because when he plays live he sounds like shit, meanwhile Jonathan can just pull death growls out of his ass at the drop of a dime and that's not even how he usually records them on the album

Blue for me, not red

Attached: mud50.jpg (700x700, 60K)

Greatest album of the trashcan thas is late 90s early 00s mainstream metal. LD50 can very well be mucore.

THEY'RE COMING
THEY'RE COMING
They're coming to take me away ahahah

>slipknot
freakin based

Attached: file.png (1108x516, 126K)