So is this album basically just considered the gateway into "patrician" music taste...

so is this album basically just considered the gateway into "patrician" music taste? Is that what the big deal with it is? Because if you discovered this album you didn't find it because its super popular with the mainstream. Its the first step into Yea Forumscore and actually discovering music outside of the mainstream.

Attached: Drumface.jpg (640x640, 124K)

i actually saw this cover a lot and one day i decided to look it up, now is my favorite record.

itaots is practically mainstream bro, every hipster knows about it

i found it because i was a vlogbrothers watching basedboy in high school and john green name dropped holland 1945

I actually just found it today. Its weird. I dont want to like it, but I just do.

Newfag here. Listened to it for the first time not long ago because it's a meme on here. I personally loved it.

ofc it's super popular, you mongoloid sand nigger. The songs are catchy, and the production paired with the lyricism is something that queer teens with beanies and repressed heterosexual urges could only strive for.

you absolute fucking Hmong

Attached: wew.jpg (269x187, 5K)

I expected it to be a meme and I ended up crying my eyes out for the whole duration of the last song. It reminds me of the cute girl that sat in front of me in English class when I was in high school. I never built up the courage to talk to her and I regret the shit out of that.

nice trips, newfag

That sucks, man. Music always brings me to different points in my life. I always seem to remember where I was when I listened to an album for the first time.

thats the natural response when listening to this album, gives a weird feeling

oh god bro...
>tfw i never asked out the shy qt
>tfw i never even talked to her
>i will never see her again
it hurts

It's a meme for a reason. Its honestly hard to hate this album. People who have been here for a while claim its overrated, but it really is such an amazing album.

>regret the shit out of that
Thinks he missed his big chance

>no riffs
>no good solos
>no attitude
>lousy production
>average "feels" lyrics
Epitome of folkrock-band-with-50-dollar-Walmart-guitars-core

>Epitome of folkrock-band-with-50-dollar-Walmart-guitars-core
and it still sounds great

i dunno man it's just good. why's there gotta be a deeper reason behind liking something? i don't get paid to be a critic. i don't get paid to shitpost either, but the second one i do because it's my passion.

>he wants guitar solos and riffs on a folk record
watch your attitude

oh, while we are on the subject, Holland, 1945 is the best song on the album

Who knew that all you had to do to make generic C, E, G chord music become "classic" is to have an obnoxious as fuck voice? The fact that this album is praised as a classic I think shows that ultimately socially awkward internet white boys don't have a more sophisticated taste or anything. They just like anything with more introverted musical qualities, and will stan anything that represents that even if it's far more "basic" than radio pop music. While there's nothing wrong with that, it's more of a fault of this false concept of a music canon or mucore type deal.

>no good solos
solos are for fucking monster drinking boomers, shut the fuck up and get out of here grandpa

>no riffs
>no good solos
This is your standard for good music?

Because strumming one chord 'till end of times is so great.

If you can only pick ONE album as the gateway go patrician taste it'd probably be something by Captain Beefheart or Can.

Probably Can, Beefheart is a bit too rough around the edges and idiosyncratic.

there's more than one chord in pretty much every song on the album. are you retarded?

For me, it's Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2

ITAOTS clicked for me 3 months in being here. The song that got me into Yea Forumssic was that cover of Swans - Her by Onyourwings.

G GGGGEm EmEmEmEmC CCCCD DDDD

Them being indie-"""""""rock"""""" band they sure do lack two things important in rock music.

And listening to Malmsteen or Satriani shred his way through an album is even greater.

Mary, oh Mary...

>t. retard

Because every album in a genre is structured exactly the same, right?

WHAT A BEATIFUL FACE I HAVE FOUND IN THIS PLACEEeeEE THAT IS CIRCLING ALL ROUND THE SSUUUUUN

Attached: creep.png (497x593, 717K)

>Albums all must follow this specific guideline or I no like it, albums are not allowed to be different
fuck off.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

AND WHEN WE MEET ON THE CLOUD I'LL BE LAUGHING OUT LOUD I'LL BE LAUGHING WITH EVERYONE I SEEEEE

did anybody else almost cry when holland, 1945 was played on the last episode of the colbert report? me_neither, childhood still going strong.

Jesus fuck reddit has truly completely overrun this website

Underrated song
Underrated album

It’s been my favorite album for as long as I could remember. Thanks mom and dad

Music is all subjective
>patrician
Fuck off

IIIIIIIIIII LUV YOUUOHHUUU JEEEZZUSSS KURRIUHISSSSSTTTT

>yfw you finally "get" ITAOTS for the first time and listen to it like that while understanding what it all means
>yfw LET YOUR SKIN BEGIN TO BLEEEEND ITSELF WITH, MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

Attached: space deku.jpg (640x360, 16K)

Played this for the first time today. Wanted to hate it, but can't. Hopefully I don't keep playing it and have it win me over like it did to the rest of you.

this album literally into'd me into lucid dreaming that's how zoned out i got when it clicked