“Ur Scene”

Hey Yea Forums, where are you from? What’s your local music scene like?

Attached: 88B9F885-BA8C-410D-AD24-17F2EE30A75C.jpg (480x498, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKqVHhh1NQI
alouth.bandcamp.com
swingingriot.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=2_hzuZev11k&
open.spotify.com/artist/34CBZlqmK3KCxHeAcgQHTH?si=XPAG5TQCT0a9enoMaEfxFg
repoman6.bandcamp.com
clouderband.bandcamp.com/track/daydreams
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Las Vegas
I haven't bothered to check out if there's a scene here because if the best we can do is Imagine Dragons, PATD, The Killers, and a bunch of shitty death metal bands, I don't want to know what else there is.

Portland
Shit

im from online and my scene is shill threads

its filled with cover bands and shitty brexiteer folk acts

I thought british folkies were remainers

where at?

rural west midlands, the only folk acts here are waltzy and have exclusively old men in them so...

oi m8 that's ageist, the police are on their way

Nashville

speaks for itself

Bermuda

Tourist-core (literally)

Metro Atlanta
Nigger music and Nu-Country

Madison, Wisconsin.
The only two "famous" bands from here are Garbage and Masked Intruders.
So basically absolutely fucking nothing.

welp it sounds like the irl scenes all suck and /shillgen/ is where it's at

Austin

actually not bad

Nü York city. Idk many different scenes. My local scene is punkish pretty cool some tight friends organize all the shit, basement shows and what not, we are separated from the hipster scene, which is cool too, they have of digital hardcore and harsh noise stuff going on, all those people in the other scenes are basically transplants, literally none of them are actual nyc raised

first cool post itt. can you share some bands? any music online?

Alaska
couple trap rappers, lots of dadrock and deathcore, retards larping as crusties

daytona
lots of shitty to bretty gud emo/pop punk bands around but the shows are always fun. Close enough to orlando to see some actual good bands on occasion.

Literally nothing. The most we have is some people from funk bands were born in cities near us.

A few hour drive up to Cleveland has ok shit though.

Husker Du?

texas
hicks and shitty soundcloud rappers

Knoxville, Tennessee
Some cool acts playing Alt Rock and Funk Rock, but mostly just fucking djent/metalcore bands and terrible pop country.

youtube.com/watch?v=oKqVHhh1NQI

Tampa FL, an okay indie scene in st pete, venues with a shit ton of local metal bands, and theirs a diy noise venue i frequent often. Fun way to spend the weekend, met a lot of cool friends there.

how did you find your scene?

anyone from seattle? moving there soon. looking for cool venues and scenes

new orleans. everyone is in a band, outside of the tourist circuit and roots music we have two pretty good punk scenes that get together, a really really solid noise/acid techno scene, a handful of beatles/strokes pop rock indie bands, as well as a few math and jazz projects mostly from the college kids.

i play in a noise punk/ free punk band, a traditional hardcore punk band, and drum for a singer-songwriter friend. book whenever I want at any of probably two dozen clubs plus a handful of theaters. life is good. everyone is rad. everyone is diy as fuck.

Attached: IMG_20190506_171917_144.jpg (2084x1390, 323K)

nola is rad as fuck

I live in Southwest Michigan. There doesn't seem to be a scene as far as I can tell.

Philly. So far I've seen lots of noise and math rock, a fair amount of cool hip-hop, and loads of indie and femme punk. Going to a vaporwave/lo-fi house show this weekend so hopefully I'll meet some cool new peeps there.

philly has a lot of scenes
i used to go to a lot of shows at "punk houses" when i was in college but i had more fun in the fishtown bar scene. we always joked that fans go to KFN and band members go to the El Bar

lmao nola local here, trying to guess which band you’re in rn

Huh I have been to KFN a few times but never El Bar, but I'll keep that in mind.

Tulsa and it’s pretty empty. Norman and OKC have more people and more non musician listeners. There’s a few good bands though

Just go back to Pakistan already

southeast kansas
country and dadrock mostly
I hear it’s more varied in lawrence and KC, and the band Kansas is from topeka

Sure man thanks for your interest
alouth.bandcamp.com
swingingriot.bandcamp.com

They’re people I already knew from around my neighborhood, as for other scenes I just went to small shows around nyc like at artist run venues like trans pecos and the living gallery for example

northeast colorado

pop punk

LA

So many scenes it's hard to keep track of. Everybody and their grandmother is in a band or writing music out here. Everybody's out here trying to be a star.
The punk scene escapes this, but I'm 22 and everyone else is underage. Sure I'll buy teenagers beer, but I'm not gonna get any pussy unless I stop caring about being called a pedophile.

this is awesome dude i didnt know they still made real rock music

Cincinnati.
I know there's some shoegaze and I go to classical concerts whenever I can. Still trying to start a band though.

Wichita

Cool punk bands, Emo wave riders, folk, hip hop, noise projects, hardcore bands

it's all pretty nice

toronto shitty wannabe drake rappers and even shittier classic rock revival bands

definitely is, I want to play some shows in KC or Lawrence sometime but, too broke

come to Wichita sometime, we got some cool DIY bands

I never understood you people from actual population centers who can't start bands or ever see house shows or anything- I went to h.s. in a rural Mississippi town with 109 people in my graduating class at the only school for 20 miles, and we had four regularly gigging bands just in my grade. Someone knew of a house party to set up at at least once or twice a month, and we carpooled to other towns for *their* house shows. As soon as we turned 18 there were four college towns within a two hour drive to see regional acts and indie bands.

I think some of y'all are just lame, I'm sure there were plenty of kids at my school complaining about tfw no local music scene while we setup at cow field bonfires and back porches.

there a some good bands off of the rare plant tape label there

Dresden, Germany.

Literally nothing going on over here. Very depressing city and I hate its citizens.

Attached: 4cf4060b-da6a-41a6-8d72-c45608a4e7a0.png (598x480, 79K)

Downstate Illinois. Nice, supportive little scene. Lots of overlap with stuff going on in Chicago. A lot of fuzz/psych groups though and that's not really my thing.

Northland, NZ
Only thing we have is Alien Weaponry, who are ok

Iowa is just fucking Slipknot

where at in iowa dude?

Detroit
Really bad garage/punk bands in the suburbs around the city, very good electronic and techno in the city

lameness may be true but also music has changed in the past couple years. we had tons of bands for a few years in my high school but then one year there were literally no bands in our grade, battle of the bands got canceled thereafter, etc.

Only musicians that are notable from OH are Bootsy (alright) and TOP (trash)

i like this post

Don't forget the hip-hop clowns

I'm from Chile. Everyone is a fucking ases falsos copycat rn

rec

dubs

DC
all I know of is shitty cloud rap, almost feels pointless trying to start anything else

Because I am extremely nerdy, shit out of luck, arrived in this place seven months ago tops, I'm pretty much lame as fuck by nature.

Masked intruder are good

Boston
I've seen lots of artists come here, but I haven't heard many local musicians. We have decent jazz and classical scenes, I guess, but that's kinda boring after a while. Everything feels really hippie-ish

its nice to see some anons here living the dream.

colorado
the entirety of the music scene here, regardless of genre, is all condensed in denver and literally nowhere else. i dont live in denver

Eastern New York, literally one band. A small pop rock/blues rock scene lead by a few kids I went to high school with. I think both went to college but still gig regularly, I know one of them has a Soundcloud but I've never listened to his recordings.

Detroit
a whole mixed bag.
Everything from EDM, to hip hop, to midwest emo which has an unsurprisingly large scene in the area

Jersey City, NJ
Unlike NYC we’re not trust-fund babies on a field day, we have to work and can’t fulfill any musical dreams therefore threadbare scene.

god awful boomer white metal and shitty teen indie fuck SHIT.

spokane here pls meet up

Southern Indiana

Houndmouth is from the area and Cage the Elephant if you want to expand to bowling Green Kentucky which is probably a stretch

A lot of blues rock, country and blue grass.

I try and forget, but literally hip-hop clowns

Attached: 59797176-FEE7-48B3-8BB4-56D52BE23DA3.jpg (804x1206, 196K)

Honest to goodness the most successful fringe thing ever.

lmao stfu dude

Albany?

Bogotá, colombia

Not bad, actually. A lot of indie bands, math, post punk, post rock. Some interesting hip hop projects. Even noise projects.

I'm from Richmond Virginia so...
GWAR?

>then one by one my home-boys turned into dead bodies
>but I'm straight with that. just don't be leavin' your guts in my car and shit

Maybe we bombed all the musicians to death

>what is devo

A little further east actually, Averill Park, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did gigs in Albany since it's like a 20-30 minute drive from here to the city. I forget their name but it was some generic shit like "The Effman/Annello Trio" or something like that. I saw them cover Not My Cross to Bear at a bar once, they were good players.

Rural boonies, Maryland
There's literally nothing here, let alone music
>screaming_wojak.jpg

Bogotá as well.
Terrible, actually. A lot of terrible indie bands that reproduce sounds that were mainstream in the US 10 years ago.
La verdad no sé usted en qué mundo vive. Rote bandas que considere buenas y las califico.

hey-o, fellow legal-aged Angeleno over here

I am in the San Francisco bay area. Went to a cool
Goth night at a bar last night. Great music.

Attached: kara.jpg (2273x2161, 1.02M)

Julian, California
Small mountain town
It’s just normie quasi country for boomers mostly

Virginia Beach
I have no idea about any local stuff but Pharrell, Timbaland, and Pusha T are from here so I'm guessing there's some kind of decent hip hop shit going on somewhere.

San Antonio. Punk and metal scenes are aight. Everything else is shit.

i'm down in central farmland. still no music here

Attached: map3.png (1100x822, 158K)

santiago, chile
gay pop

I'm from seattle. Tons of different shit here of course. I myself am in a grunge psych band

is there anything worthwhile in boston?

>not california
/pol/ BTFO

>grunge
I doubt you even know what that means.

Amen brother. What is that idiot even thinking? Doesnt he realize how esoteric grunge is? Few people have ever heard grunge in their life.

it is just crappy metalcore and mathy type bands

Roanoke, VA

i dont know what the local scene is like, but it's most likely nonexistent here since majority of the people here are elderly and parents trying to raise kids.

i want to move out of here to find a better music scene. shit sucks.

Birmingham Alabama

I really don't know, it seems pretty dead around here and most people just go to Atlanta or Nashville since they're so close. There are some soundcloud rappers I went to high school with that have a club but they've not done anything since 2017 afaik.

Attached: 1549077466640.png (300x171, 28K)

Tucson, AZ. pretty good metal scene, Gatecreeper, TOAD, North, but otherwise there aint much. Sex Prisoner is a pretty good PV band

Melbourne, Australia

really good scene if you're into garage rock and post-punk, some good labels like Aarght, Anti Fade, Chapter Music. Seeing bands play at house venue One Year is always a good time

i remember visiting there for a convention in '17.

i didnt see much going on when i went down there. damn shame.

East czech republic

youtube.com/watch?v=2_hzuZev11k&

Attached: 1496859901142.jpg (330x260, 17K)

Sydney, Australia

here are a few personal favourites that I think are worth checking out

>post punk
open.spotify.com/artist/34CBZlqmK3KCxHeAcgQHTH?si=XPAG5TQCT0a9enoMaEfxFg

repoman6.bandcamp.com

>slowcore/duster copycat
clouderband.bandcamp.com/track/daydreams