Was he right all along?

Was he right all along?

Attached: F142BDFB-5AC9-4B77-83E6-188DCD34009D.jpg (750x1251, 563K)

what the fuck are u talking about schizo

probably how sloppy beatles playing and production is. OP's image is right

Bruh

Right about what?
These are stuff that indeed exists on Drive My Car. That's right.

Rubber Soul is not a perfect album.

We have to give him some credit for the effort of writing every little detail he considers being an imperfection on the song. But those may not sound like an imperfection to everyone; people might enjoy those details throughout the song.
But his opinion, at least, is solidified on good arguments. So props to that, I guess

Brian Wilson disagrees.

That was a copy/paste from a website but yeah his point was right, I don't believe these type of mistakes degrade the quality of an album but it indeed prevents it from being perfect/flawless

>Beatles fans talk about how the Beatles are objectively perfect
>someone points out objective flaws
>b-b-b-but someone might LIKE those flaws
truly OP image user was based and redpilled making Beatles fans eat so much shit

Plus they're barely audible so whatever

>>b-b-b-but someone might LIKE those flaws
Yes. That's exactly what could happen. For example, I like the clicking noise at the beginning of the song. Therefore it's not an imperfection for me.

>I don't believe these type of mistakes degrade the quality of an album but it indeed prevents it from being perfect/flawless
If you believe that it doesn't degrade the quality of the song, how is it an imperfection?

isnt this the dude who claimed that "if you can't prove it, it isn't true"?
He got BTFO'd on the same thread.

>album has to be perfectly polished production-wise to be perfect
gosh I didn't know Supertramp was the best band of all time

I mean that I'd enjoy the album just as much without the mistakes because I can't even hear them

lol this isn't /fit/ sorry guys

>for me
right, which means that the beatles are SUBJECTIVELY good. that's the point you fucktard

Then these aren't imperfections for you.

Yes. I agree with you that everyone who says that X is objectively good is a retard.
But Op's pic is just as subjective as every other opinion, because people may or may not find them imperfections.
The good thing on the pic is that it is a well structured opinion. The dude pointed out everything he dislikes, and this is indeed a good move.

is it a mistake if they Left it in on purpose. There's so many examples like this. Humanizes it. The count in, are talking with the control room. Cliche now, but the lil blubs from not just the beatles but that generation of rockers all had that/those candid moments on their albums.

no, you weren't/aren't right
stop posting your crap

Well yes they are lol, I can't hear them but they're undeniably there

No it's not. We're talking about mistakes that slipped through the sound engineer/producer's attention

>Well yes they are lol
How are they imperfections if they don't degrade the quality of the song?
>I can't hear them but they're undeniably there
That's not how you spot an imperfection on the song. If you don't like to hear it, then it's an imperfection for you

You're messing around here, I'm going your way dude. I can't hear them so they don't degrade anything to my listening experience, but they are still there.

Yes, they are there. But as long as they're not affecting your enjoyment when listening to them, it's not an imperfection.

Let's put it that way : I don't hear those imperfections. That doesn't make them any less imperfections ?

>That doesn't make them any less imperfections ?
It does though, because imperfections affect your enjoyment of the song. If you can't hear it, it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the song, therefore they aren't imperfections.

No, imperfections CAN affect my enjoyment of a song, but if I can't hear them they don't cease to exist. But I get your point : to my ears it's as if they weren't there

>No, imperfections CAN affect my enjoyment of a song
If they don't affect your enjoyment, how are they imperfections?
The problem here is that you're assuming that perfection is an objective thing, but that's wrong. If I like one of those things op pic pointed out on the song, they aren't imperfections for me, because it's something that's good for me.
And if you think that perfection comes when everything in the song is accurately what the production/recording wanted to do with the song - i.e extremely polished production - then you might assume that Dark Side Of The Moon is a perfect album. Do you think that?

And I can list some more albums that must fit on your 10/10, based on your speech. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is an example, and I don't think you think it's a perfect album.

Yes, I do believe that perfection is objective, production wise. I am no one to judge for DSOTM and MBDTF's artistic values (I prefer the latter but that might just be emotional attachment), but if they, as you say, are extremely polished production then yes, their production might just be perfect. I don't believe perfection exist in the art field anyways so ...

(How did you guess that MBDTF was my favorite album ? Are you some kind of wizard ?)

>perfection is objective, production wise
How can we measure it?
Also, an album is good based only on the production?

By the way, I have a different perspective. If you fully enjoy an album, it's a perfect album. If there's a thing on it that you dislike, then it's an imperfect album, and this thing is an imperfection.

I thought that you disliked it, actually.
>and I don't think you think it's a perfect album
Another album that you might think it's perfect is TMR. 4'33'' aswell.
Actually, the whole field recordings genre for you would be perfect.

brian wilson heard the version of rubber soul without Drive My Car lol.

the US capitol version (different track listing) is what inspired pet sounds, since he didnt have access to the UK lp.

The Beatles is his favorite band, so he probably heard the song.

Well, it has no little recording/mixing mistakes such as clicks.
No, production doesn't do all the work. Some great albums are terribly produced.

I get your perspective. It's perfect in your eyes. It's like a personal perfection. But it doesn't make it an objective perfection, which I believe doesn't exist/will never be reached/is unmeasurable anyways

I think TMR is pretty badly mixed. It's old so it doesn't meet our today standards, of course, but often I can't even hear the kick, and instruments hard-panned left or right can be really hard to bare when you're listening on headphones, especially with such a chaotic composition.

I'm not familiar with John Cage's work (I believe it's his ?), but yeah the recording might be perfect. I mean shit if it's 4'33" of silence it's not hard to not fuck it up.