/Bass General/

Because Fuck /GG/

Attached: 912cc83284d021f6a42624b36e8b8335.jpg (600x888, 39K)

unbased

>Posters: 1

>Posters: 2

The natural habitat of the bassist is usually somewhere just between the lead guitarists amplifier, and the snare of the drumset. Keen to avoid any and all possible human attention, the shy creature can still usually be observed skulking within the dormancy of the shadows in this area, stooped and hunched over the long neck of its instrument, seemingly perplexed by its fretboard. These "Gremlin" like beings will occasionally bob their head in time to their respective drummers much more accomplished and multi-faceted rhythm section whilst they themselves attempt to play something that vaguely resembles the rhythm guitarists arrangement. But without any of the "hard bits", like palm-muting, or playing more than one string at a time.

If you encounter a bassist outside of their normal environment, please, remember to be patient. If they respond in mumbles, seek shelter in dark corners, or look confused without a person's steps to follow, just know that there isn't anything wrong with them, they're just a bassist.

Attached: A bassists plight.png (608x380, 424K)

>not playing both

Attached: 1556903808075.png (410x478, 76K)

bassed

>tfw got an auditon to play bass in a post rock band tomorrow
>spent 12 hours practicing today and feel confident
wish me luck anons, we are all going to make it

Attached: 3ad40efd61ec923daa2c7277802f7a38.jpg (400x711, 33K)

Good luck playing repeated root notes of the melody user

Good luck user

Attached: 1544972510508.jpg (500x750, 114K)

You say that like its a bad thing, I get to be in a band AND put half the effort of all the other band nerd virgins lmaooooo

>fag instrument
>fag band
>OP is a fag

hello guys, just passing by to post the (objectively) best bass configuration

Attached: img_4347.jpg (1000x654, 227K)

>best bass
Ooops you posted the wrong image non, sorry!

Attached: Rickenbacker_4003_Bass_Guitar_4001_FireGlo_FG_6479.jpg (3966x1334, 2.26M)

You say that as if there is something wrong with that. Music isn't all about complexity

But the melody is held up by the harmony which the bassist will be emphasizing.

Attached: Smile.gif (213x237, 2K)

Ricks are so awful but also so fucking sexy

>his bass doesnt have passive and active pickups
Lmao

>Ricks are so awful
how so?

NO MORE GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES FOR ACTIVE BASSES

>active pickups
Absolutely disgusting

meme shape, is like an banez iceman, but nobody calls it out due to classic points

They're heavy and they break and the truss rods never work and they're generally janky.

Should I start with a J or P bass? I like the J sound more but idk if there’s anything else to consider.
I’ve heard that PJs don’t really sound as good?

>truss rods never work
this is easily the most common complain and yet everyone seems to ignore it, almost as if it were a collection item instead of an actual instrument

KEK

>>truss rods never work
Both Rock basses I've owned have been fine.

How many have you owned?
>this is easily the most common complain and yet everyone seems to ignore it
Because it's rare.

Attached: lesClaypool.png (699x595, 996K)

I got recommended to listen to Jaco Pastorius he other day. I mean he’s good but fuck that tone is so damn annoying to have to listen to

Attached: A4C98372-7698-46C6-B1AB-03525FD88E76.jpg (960x540, 45K)

Just one, first bass I bought and indeed busted the rod. Changed to a Sting Ray 5 and never looked back.

Wow, sure is amazing that you had a one-in-a-million problem that 98% of Rick owners never have. Why didn't you just get it fixed?

Read reviews about users having the same problem. Decided to change instead of fixing it.

desu while I respect the skill i think the sound of the "greats" like jaco, wooten, claypool are absolute fucking shit I hate it so much and ruins the sound of bass for me just overhyped

its like the way yngwie is memed for guitar, you can be technically proficient but still sound shit

So you gave up and just settled for something subpar?

OK

We get it, you like Ricks. It's ok.

Stingrays sound great man

Not as good as Ricks

FULL RICK

That depends on the setup m8. Most of my favorite sounds were recorded with a P-Bass and am still comfortable with the StingRay.
This user gets it.

>I like it more, so that means it's better
Not how it works

How was that implied? The initial sentence was
>That depends on the setup m8.