/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

Practice practice practice all day every day on your mememachine to get good like a small blue haired green eyed anime girl edition

>How do I start learning guitar/bass?
justenguitur.com/
stadybass.com/
>Guitar chords and inversions
choirdbuok.com/guitar-chords/
>String tension calculator (D'Addario):
stringtensuonpro.com/
>Music theory:
masictheory.net/lessuns
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
fradua.com/guitar_craftpeidia_en.html
youtube.com/chainel/UCXU3GYv5yEzuPePqXOiBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPagis/Luthier/Tachnique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhf!5nEaeUD8xQYO8ipUopViqw

Old thread:

Attached: 3acfd7ad.jpg (1200x672, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

justenguitur.com/
stadybass.com/
justinguitar.com/
chordbook.com/guitarchords.php
hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/
youtu.be/umY5NBKg5AA?list=PLcm7Ag6Q-OkZAmlY6dAhS2ZL9TUMeRZdI
mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav
youtube.com/watch?v=TYcGmMJnX0M
youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_tyUjkkhA
youtube.com/watch?v=2wW1cm3cPdk
youtube.com/watch?v=6jq8fIItUjU
youtube.com/watch?v=vwwkjI65Q0A
youtube.com/watch?v=3Blad0fQlMI
youtu.be/q7e-Dw5tJEc?t=459
youtube.com/watch?v=e6dOBAteBZQ
youtu.be/awjTKeS9Wvo
reverb.com/item/19765807-schecter-sgr-sunset-black-gloss
youtube.com/watch?v=oy6VOvCQ7ts
imgur.com/gallery/IrYFk1Z
macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/affect_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw you see yourself in the mirror with a genuine Gibson™ Les Paul Standard for the first time

Attached: Af9L2q5_crop.jpg (871x1075, 73K)

Does anyone know any specific lessons on Justinguitar or any files in the mega that specifically focus on licks, scales, etc.? I'm trying to build up my knowledge of this sort of stuff so I can get better at improvising.

Damn, a strandberg as a first guitar

>tfw you see yourself in the mirror with the right gender for the first time

>tfw based and bang dream pilled like op

Attached: 11tv9xv.jpg (1536x2047, 619K)

Anything but a cheap strat/tele as a first guitar is enviable

>get first good set neck guitar
>oh wait you CAN play the upper frets comfortably who knew

This strandberg has the appropriate number of strings for a meme guitar (8)

Attached: w9Rn8.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

I didn't know the last thread was close to being over sorry

Hello Yea Forums I want to get into guitar but I get so nervous whenever I go into a music store because I don't know how to play or anything about guitar in general. How can I walk into a place like pic related and not have a panic attack trying to pick something out and playing it to compare to other guitars in the store? Every time I go there are guys who are playing their butts off and I always end up running out of the store after a few minutes because I start to sweat profusely. Help me I don't know what to do

Attached: music-store-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 213K)

Go in during late hours and ask an employee to show you a couple basic chords and metal licks so you can at least pick an amp you like the sound of

or just do this:
Epiphone les paul
Boss Katana

>This strandberg has the appropriate number of strings for a meme guitar (8)
thanks m8

Attached: 2mcda9i.jpg (2048x1536, 497K)

What do you expect to do in the store? Sit down and play the things? Make sure the guitar feels comfortable, have someone demo it and be done.

>justenguitur.com/
>stadybass.com/
so who's the justinguitar or stadybass of piano?
asking for a friend.

Would I be correct in assuming that what creates the "neoclassical-ish" superstrat sound, as opposed to having a nice meaty classic rock sound, is the scale length being that 25 inches rather than 24, or are there other factors as well, or am I just completely wrong?

Attached: 1557137633883.png (507x463, 455K)

>stadybass.com/
you mean studybass?
if you go to that fucking URL in the OP it tries to install malware on your PC, just so you know.

What's the point of eating "flavored" things? Seriously, why eat apple flavored candy or drink apple flavored water when you can just eat an apple or drink apple juice?

you might run the risk of getting a real apple inside of you instead of apple flavored chemicals

>muh toan scale

It's fairly obvious, isnt it? Candy and non-juice drinks have different textures, sweetness, and shelf life from real apples, and sugar-flavored candy isnt that great.

It's the lack of taste

It's single coils, pick attack, and less gain than you think you need.

>every guitar sounds the same bro, tone is in the fingers

u shudda listen ta mah nigga thomas dawg he wudda knowed bettah

Attached: 1464747333506.jpg (480x476, 38K)

>muh toan fingers

Music Theory:
>justinguitar.com/

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

String Tension Calculator (D'Addario based):
>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Floyd Rose Setup Video Tutorial:
>youtu.be/umY5NBKg5AA?list=PLcm7Ag6Q-OkZAmlY6dAhS2ZL9TUMeRZdI

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Attached: green mio.jpg (637x358, 54K)

Mostly correct if you factor in EQ

Attached: autism.jpg (304x171, 12K)

Kind of want one, but Indonesia at that price?

What affects your electric guitar tone in the real world:
1. guitar's strings
2. guitar's magnetic pickups
3. amplifier's tubes
4. amplifier's circuit
5. amplifier's speaker
This is a sane path, but if you want to go on your merry way, well, the forest of anti-physics bullshit awaits you.

Why do people care about the country of origin so much?

Because of quality control? I saw one of them from Indonesia with glue splatter all over the fretboard. That shit is just unacceptable at that price.

Attached: feature-image-square-1-620x342.jpg (620x342, 19K)

i kno rite

Attached: 47586337_607014899712664_5532160634898013409_n.jpg (320x267, 20K)

Oh fug this one is probably fine

youtube.com/watch?v=TYcGmMJnX0M

>tonewood doesn't affect the decay rate of different frequencies

Strings suspended between materials of different hardness and density will sound different. Basic physics. It's more of a wood aging and bridge/tuner/nut issue than a tree species issue though.

Because strandberg charges you out the ass for guitars that are only made in two reputable countries (korea/japan) with the latter not being officially exported and ceased all western production so fuck strandberg

it all changes the sound a bit but it varies from guitar to gutiar even if they're all made of solid maple, and people who think fretboard material affects jack shit are bonkers.

kek you sound bothered

Attached: 1541283009855.jpg (600x574, 30K)

Gross don't reply to me

wutcha gonna do bout it

Attached: 42178091_253165368882418_8021772057252574511_n.jpg (674x674, 57K)

1. what you pick with
2. where you pick
3. how hard you pick
4. string tension
4.5. guitar materials (slight)
5. string material and mass in concert with
6. pickups
7. guitar wiring harness (pot types and values, treble bleed, pickup phase, etc)
8. length and quality of cable (high frequencies may be lost here while noise may be introduced)
9. pedal-bullshit (lol just play guitar you whirr wannabe) / preamp
10. power amp
10.5. attentuator
11. speaker cab or cab sim
12. mic, other recording gear, PA system, etc

9 alt: interface, software, your PC's DAC and output device of choice

See
And

good addition, just remove the 4.5 one

yuck

Pls respond

and?

You might not like it because your guitar is particleboard with a two piece poplar neck, but it's objective physical reality
>(slight)

youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_tyUjkkhA

SooOooOOooo.. what I'm gathering from the various posts in this thread is that nobody here could actually play their way out of a wet paper bag in the rain with a pair of scissors in their hand...

Is that right?

Attached: 1385463760303.jpg (600x422, 35K)

Is just likely that you'd see that same variance between a different piece in the same species. Also, that doesn't demonstrate it in the context of electric guitar.

Yes

Most people here are complete dogshit, ironically they're the ones posting the most clips.

>Strandberg demos
>tonewood sellers

>Is just likely that you'd see that same variance between a different piece in the same species.
You do realize the price of high end guitars comes from the wood being hand selected and properly aged, right? And that certain species consistently fall in a range of density that other species do not? (ie: mahogany vs. maple being a popular dichotomy for a reason)
>Also, that doesn't demonstrate it in the context of electric guitar.
They used a pickup and steel strings

It all matters bucko, deal with it. None of it is better or worse but it's all different. And poly vs. lacquer finishes affecting wood aging isn't bullshit either, as long as the wood wasn't well aged when it was painted.

There's no reason to want to deny this except being butthurt that people who have more money to spend can have guitar tone that you can't. Usually in the context of playing clean and being stuck with a fender when you want a gibson.

>Arguing over microscopic tonal differences

lol i can't hear a difference

who wants to hear an alt-picked cover of master of puppets?

Attached: *turns all the way up*.png (441x441, 202K)

>tfw I have money and there’s nothing you can do about it

Attached: FFF86F07-817A-4EA1-A214-E806B3D8D7F3.jpg (735x735, 28K)

If it's on a steel string acoustic, go for it.
If not, spare us.

Paypal me 40 bucks? I want to buy new bass strings

Give me your PayPal

pink suhr is amazing if hes not another r personality

Only a fender is good enough

Attached: lol.png (203x114, 8K)

also, I hear no difference

You know he is

its more noticeable on the high strings and you'd never hear a difference with distortion. must be why made for metal guitars use whatever wood and nobody cares.

This. Though fuck knows why you'd want a gibson clean over a good fender guitar clean. Jazzmaster lead circuit is fucking crazy nice. Gibson is great for some things but IMHO they shine more dirty than super squeaky clean. Brass saddle telecasters are god tier clean sounds, but ymmv.

That’s what jelly boys say

Fat smooth jazzy tone

wtf are you talking about lmfao. distortion is just increasing volume past clipping point, meaning youre only emphasizing certain frequencies instead of creating ones that are not there. a shit guitar sounds shit distorted too, saying there is no difference between a "good" guitar and a piece of shit distorted tells everyone reading your post you have no idea how guitar tone works and you think pedals make your sound better.

>stadybass.com/
unbassed

>creating ones that are not there.
Tubes do this

Again, neck pickup on a traditional bridge'd telecaster. If you add some drive to it i'll go gibson, but for pure cleans i'm going telecaster and jazzmaster over a LP. There is a reason the telecaster is held at the same high regard as a les paul in terms of studio usage.

Dude, its the same thing lol. Tube amps are more accurate with dynamics and picking, but they are only accentuating what is already in your tone. EQ does not equal actually add frequencies that are not in the sound to begin with. a shitty Indonesian squier with a terrible frequency curve will not suddenly not have this shitty curve through even the nicest distortion or tube amp. distortion and tube amps are honest, theyre like photo filters. some filters are really good, but the end result will still look like shit if it started as shit.

then explain me why there was a holdsworthfag and then he killed that persona in favor of pink suhr ?

>rent free

>distortion is just increasing volume past clipping point, meaning youre only emphasizing certain frequencies instead of creating ones that are not there.
Please tell me all about how a square wave has the same frequencies as a sine wave.
Go on.

Attached: Time-series-of-three-differently-shaped-periodic-functions-a-A-sine-wave-c-A-square.png (850x603, 29K)

it's 70% playing through a jcm 800, 10% using single coil pickups and 10% scale length

Because your diagram is a classroom / perfect fundamental environment. If you think a guitar outputs a totally perfect and symmetrical sin wave on every single note and that all guitars just have the exact same sin wave output youre retarded lol. The differences in that sin wave in terms of period etc greatly affect the pulse width / frequency response of the square outputted.

>sin wave

further, the sound coming out of a guitar pickup is not just the 1st fundamental frequency, its MUCH more harmonically rich than that. its closer to a triangle or saw depending on pickups / strings / etc.

21 frets in a big pre cbs fender that is where the magic is.

Congratulations, you've just outed yourself as a complete retard talking out of his ass.

big pre-cbs?

youre right. every guitar outputs the exact same sin wave with the exact same frequencies and harmonics. thats why a $50 boardwalk prize strat knockoff and a $2000 american strat sound the same without even factoring amplification lol

desu mic placement / choice is actually massive in terms of recording that sound. if youre just worried about sounding good to you its an entirely different set of tools than trying to sound like malmsteen etc on tape.

I think Holdsworthfag just fucked off. Pink Suhr is a much better improviser, unless H-fag got really good in the space of two or three weeks.

H-fag was good at transcribing Holdsworth solos but his own improvising wasn't really jazzy, mostly pentatonic and harmonic minor licks (which is kind of unfortunate, given his ear for more advanced harmonic ideas found in Allan Holdsworth's playing). P. Suhr's playing demonstrates a much more thorough understanding of jazz harmony in a rock/fusion context, and his phrasing and dynamics are great. Reminds me of Greg Howe a lot.

I actually don't want that sound, I was asking because my superstrat has that sound and I'm wondering why it is. I'd prefer a more Les Paul-ish sound and I know that has a shorter scale length.

Attached: 1557838412087.jpg (437x800, 40K)

also I know I know
>complaining about a superstrat sounding like a superstrat
I bought it ages ago, I didn't know too much about guitars then

Fender 1985–present
During the CBS era, particularly the 1970s, the perceived quality of Fender instruments fell. During this time, vintage instruments from the pre-CBS era became popular.

TLDR reissue of that oldie long fender.

Think they made an actual Rokke one now with glow in the dark RAS logo

think

Attached: rokkalock.jpg (908x1200, 167K)

Yeah, I know. I'm wondering about your use of "big"

youtube.com/watch?v=2wW1cm3cPdk

lets take this video i fucking googled. see, your dumb ass posted a picture of a laboratory quality Sine, ramp and square wave. There are two obvious things you can see immediately:

1) The guitar signal is sine-ish, but vastly different from a pure laboratory sine wave.
2) the moment you play two notes at once the waveforms go CRAZY. This is why the frequency response is so important, youre dealing with extremely dense harmonic. That is why guitar is so hard to emulate with subtractive synthesizers, because the waveforms it produces are closer to additive or FM synthesis.

This, again, means that even though distortion clips portions of the harmonics, those fundamental frequency differences are why shitty guitars sound shitty no matter what. Garbage in, garbage out.

>tfw like fender but prefer the 3 each side headstocks

I've been out of work the last 6 months because of my heart. I just found out today that I've had at least one heart attack since leaving work. My ticker is in bad shape.
I want to make music before I die. One of you richfags should send me $100 for a decent interface, I have a nice pc already.

Attached: lptits.jpg (275x183, 9K)

all on one side is so much more aesthetic

4+2 is the patricians choice

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 200K)

3+3 creates bad issues with the nut. Even $3000 gibsons need the nut lubricated on the G/B/e strings so they dont stick when tuning. PRS has some nice stuff and theyre usually 3+3 tho.

How much money you got now? you can get a really good interface for $150

that headstock is hideous but damn i love the aesthetic of a tele with a bigsby

Damn you could use that as a kayak paddle

>How much money you got now?
Like $25, I'm living paycheck to paycheck on basic disability. Only getting like $300/mo until my SSDI claim is accepted

ask trachefag he gets all sorts of government cheese

This is the first quilted maple guitar that I have ever seen that doesn't look like a tacky piece of shit

Snake head tele

I get disability. That's it.

you prolly just like blue shits

Attached: 71b9dd63b3483fb4fcb6d0499732b4bd.jpg (600x600, 62K)

Holy fuck

ni/gg/let you bought everything in this pic with gov cheese stop lyin'

Attached: 20190426_104931.jpg (1134x1747, 733K)

I get 750 a month

Why is this posted here so much

This is a weird sale. At $5K+ I'm not compelled to think there are Bang Dream fans that are RAS-devoted enough to shell for that.

He probably bought a lot of it with his payout reward. When you get accepted for disability to apply it retroactively back to the date you first applied.
Since most claims take a year or so to be accepted, you end up getting a pretty hefty lump sum in the beginning.

and you live for free in your grannys house stop frontin' fool

I didnt actually expect anyone to paypal me money for an interface, I was just being fascetitious. Its a bad day for me and I'm a little scared.

No, that was gone years ago

I own my own house

>get that kind of sum
>still get a Dean and some Squiers

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 2.59.46 AM.png (355x390, 148K)

>tfw my RA isn't severe enough to qualify for disability so by the time I can be a NEET doing nothing but playing the guitar all day my hands will essentially be unusable gnarled tree branches
Is it too much to ask? I just want to play every waking hour until they inevitably give up

>I own my own house
yeah the house you inherited from your granny for free

There's only one Squier

No. Grannys house was sold off a long time ago.

and you got all the free money from the sale

I didn't get shit from my grandparents. That went to my parents, aunts and uncles.

>my parents, aunts and uncles
who now support you financially

step aside yokels

Attached: Untitled7654321.png (1148x408, 211K)

looks like a benis

No, I support myself.

Are you finished making assumptions?

let me guess, you're a libertarian who thinks disabled people should just be drowned in a river somewhere

>I support myself
not with your legs you don't

needs more strings

They support me fine

eh could be worse

Attached: IQh25Va_.jpg (864x419, 126K)

for short periods of time maybe

Long enough to do that thing your mom likes.

Stop begging for attention

i think i love jazz guitar

The headstock of actual telecaster always reminded me of a used condom which is why I can't play them

what, feed you?

Shut the fuck up already

youtube.com/watch?v=6jq8fIItUjU

Attached: LUL.png (135x144, 20K)

based

Complain about how you're a disappointment.

because she dosen't get to still feed me like a baby?

should I buy new pickups for my squire jbass or save up my neetbux and find a secondhand fender?

You keep missing, but yet you keep swinging.

this user gets it

It just goes thump thump, what difference does it make

I'm an absolute beginner, what are some easy classical pieces I can learn?

ode to joy
greensleeves

should i tell her i'm sorry because not everyone can be a disabled charity case like you?

I want a nice thump

>rent free

Someone post the screenshot of Jcum crying because everyone telling him he sucks is Roman.

For just existing

i should tell her i'm sorry just because you exist? lol thats not my fault

Attached: 10888385_876042552459922_5808048766606043108_n.jpg (719x719, 44K)

i know its not really your fault either to be honest. in the end you're a victim of child abuse. if your parents hadn't let you swell up like a tick when you were little you might not be having all the health problems you're having now

Attached: Df6xmRDXUAEp7is.jpg large.jpg (734x505, 43K)

jeez-louise can you all just shut the hell up, no one cares about your families here

Not him but you just keep posting that feckin picture. At least take a new photo if you're going to take time to post your guitars AGAIN. What strat is that even? Maybe you'd actually like to tell us about the pickups on the tele or something, seeing as they're the only 2 interesting ones. Btw you aint shit if you tryna style and profile with 2 mexican fenders. I piss away that much money every month on weed lol.

is a maple fretboard classic or should the fb be different to the neck?

I didn't post it

It literally doesn't matter.

Please

Attached: instagram.png (752x960, 543K)

you know he can't be "the best dad ever" if he helped shorten you life by probably nearly 30 years right?

Attached: 1471551437731.gif (320x240, 1M)

youtube.com/watch?v=vwwkjI65Q0A

How to get the guitar tone throughout and bass tone at 0:54?

Well i'm still sick of seeing it.

Attached: 4817e52bd5832dcbd070ce809895997d.jpg (400x209, 16K)

Attached: ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.png (550x550, 195K)

so, anyone tried a four rail humbucker?

I heard theyre a one way ticket to MUDCITY

Attached: 583496-lines-of-cocaine-are-prepared-using-a-bank-card-stock-generic.jpg (384x216, 13K)

brapcity

what?

>been playing a mediocre 200$ guitar since I've been learning the past two years, nothing impressive but I enjoy it
>rich chinese exchange student at my gf's school just gave me a 4000$ guitar because he throws around money like it's fucking nothing

t-thanks

mudcore is the future

Anyone know a good resource for tabs of all major and minor scales and maybe more spanning 3 octaves on guitar?
It's easier for me to learn the shapes by just looking at tabs as opposed to some persons hand and stuff gets more complicated at 3 octaves.

Attached: dp9d8fsbfm521.jpg (640x640, 54K)

prominent brown tone

I'm inferring that it's a muddy, farty, low endy type pickup. Maybe you should try it some time.

Just go and fucking practice

someone give me a step-by-step guide on going from a cheap 7 chord guitar kiddy into a living rock god shred crusader with erectile dysfunction and some weird obscure addiction

hello?
just go and fuck yourself

Ever tried typing major scale guitar into the google pictures searchbar?

brap city bitch
brap brap city bitch
pic related

Attached: Df6xmRDXUAEp7is.jpg large.jpg (734x505, 43K)

PF is beautiful
where are those plebs who said that maple > pf

Attached: pauferro.jpg (1200x1600, 187K)

>waxy
>looks like a shit streak themed candle
truly kaka pilled

Attached: 3561708510_29ce4a4d92.jpg (500x333, 104K)

yea the point is 3 octaves.

post feet and belly

if you're a faggot:
memorize the pentatonic across the fretboard

if you aren't:
memorize all the modes of the major scale across the fretboard. memorize all the important chord shapes (at least triads and 7th chords, and their inversions)

practice very slow and very clean, then bump up your speed until you can play it very clean again. keep doing this until you die

>dark and handsome
>unique grain and color on each
>grain more noticeable and less toy like than recycled maple bats or rosewood so smooth that it looks like a toy

Do the notes change after three octaves? I don't get what the problem is

yuck. sounds like work

Attached: IpwMofv.jpg (200x270, 36K)

thank you based teacher, i will name my firstborn son after you before i melt his face off with my clean licks and ferocious shreds

the shapes do
user i wrote literally everything you needed to know in the original post, why are you being a smug bitch?
of course i can just spend 3 minutes per scale to figure out where to play the 3rd octave, but i just wanted it ready in tab form so i can turn off my brain and just paint by numbers.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached: 40207260_451716648655290_2164064406948600908_n.jpg (640x645, 119K)

I don't get it, what don't these guys like about posting here?

why is bass never the perfect skull?
its fun alone and with a band
you can't make a guitar sound as good alone without it sounding like a flat screech

is it possible to make sad funk music?

Just drop the mids.

the only people who think bass is for "retards" or whatever are actual retards who only listen to boring ass dad rock or bloodhound gang where the bass only consists of the root note the rhythm section is playing.

make no mistake - bass is a chad instrument

>the only people who think bass is for "retards" or whatever are actual retards who only listen to boring ass dad rock or bloodhound gang where the bass only consists of the root note the rhythm section is playing.
>make no mistake - bass is a chad instrument

Attached: professional bass player.jpg (640x404, 35K)

thanks for quoting me i guess?
also, avatarfagging is against the rules.

can you guys recommend any bedroom pop/(indie?) with good bass

normally I like mac demarco, beach fossils, current joys, surf curse, the marias etc.

ummm have u listened 2 clairo yet fren

Attached: 51998185_2345377945486605_4091703314168152517_n.jpg (1080x1080, 71K)

Louis Cole

>its fun alone
Im a bassist and i disagree, bass is so fucking boring

Truly basspilled

Attached: b724cf27-de7e-4a31-b1da-9e7ff9e73315.gif (540x304, 2.54M)

why do you do it then?

All this talk of bass has me interested. I want to buy a cheap beat to shit bass.

because its fun playing with other people, theres less competition and it looks cooler

Me too, it seems fun and I love the sound of it. I feel like it would be so much different compared to noodling around with guitar, I don't really feel anything when I'm playing and idk if anyone else experiences this.

I've touched a couple strings of a bass before and I instantly felt emotion?

the bass in ac/dc is super-important

That's because you are a shitty bassist and/or working with shitty musicians who won't let you harness the bass's power

Guitar sucks. Everything is either too hard or too easy.

>hard cope
the reason why people shit on bassists isn't because bass is a bad instrument, but because bassists are incredibly sensitive about playing a second-rate guitar its hilarious to watch them get all flustered over it when you point that fact out.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Blad0fQlMI

why should I buy a fender bass again?

>why should I buy a bass again?
Fixed

youtu.be/q7e-Dw5tJEc?t=459
7:39 infinitely cooler

Where should I buy a bass again?

nah, you're just retarded and want to stir shit.
you will never make anything good if you think bass is just a second rate guitar.
i started with bass and dropped it after a year for guitar because that instrument interested me more, but i'm not a mouthbreather (you are though) so i realize that it's an important and great instrument and you can't just 1:1 compare it to guitar.
furthermore clean bass playing requires a lot more technique than guitar

at the bass shop

Maple is softer so it dents easier but requires no maintenance. Rosewood is, in my experience, more durable and tends to look better, but you probably should oil it 2 times a year depending where you live. There is no tone difference.

I'm waiting for someone to over-oil Pau Ferro so we can see if it gets dark enough to resemble rosewood.

i saw andertons mention in a video about it darkening with lemon oil iirc

Link dat playa

Attached: 20190402_180127.jpg (3264x2448, 2.1M)

Skip the noseberg meme and buy a kiesel

t. Poorfag cope

Kiesel doesn't have the one feature I want out of a headless, the neck.

snake oil is the best oil for your fretboard

bad: factory made
good: luthier made

Opinions on Fender Mustangs?

Attached: Fender Mustang Blue MIJ.jpg (800x600, 238K)

azusa pilled

Holy shit. What if disabledbro is the one with all these "roman" personalities because he gets bored during the day.

i like them lots with a locked tremolo or hardtail

Nasty high end

this but with a single in the neck is my fetish

Attached: fender-mustang-am-special-top-1p.jpg (810x540, 179K)

Attached: 60354577_2320417004648361_6430554601849618432_o.jpg (1500x2000, 337K)

mio akiyama owns one

Who?

Attached: Mio-Akiyama-mio-akiyama-16562102-1920-1080.jpg (1920x1080, 921K)

Ritsu Tainaka's girlfriend

Buy whatever the fuck you want

Oh, I thought you meant an actual player and not some incel cartoon

Nah it's Sithu Aye, the absolute degenerate

I’ve suspected pink suhr of being sithu

is jcm the disabled one?

have sex

Only mentally

Only sexually.

Why does the bass sound so fucking weird on this record?
youtube.com/watch?v=e6dOBAteBZQ

Attached: deerhoofrunners.jpg (317x313, 18K)

Use the same finger you're holding the 4th (D) string to mute the next one. The tip should be holding the note, the middle of the finger lightly touching the 5th string.

Fuck. I mean just mute the 6th string with your picking hand or literally any free finger on your left hand.

Or don't strum 3 strings when you only want to play 2

My buddy has a 1966 music master that was shittily made into a string-through and replaced the bridge with something else, but it has a no name humbucker in the bridge and a single at the neck. Sounds and plays really good.

All of the waveforms in your pic have the same frequency.

Basses without flats sound like clanky bullshit

Sounds like when you turn the bass knob to 2 or something

Dear god what have done to that pickup

Never seen a staggered pickup?

Anyone know of any acts like this around today?
youtu.be/awjTKeS9Wvo

BASS

It’s dying

Attached: 1EE1FCB5-6CBD-4552-AD35-48D95E8EEAA4.gif (500x375, 259K)

Attached: 20190212_172644.jpg (2016x1134, 1.1M)

I wonder if crazyaga is still out there stinkin up Israeli music shops and getting kicked out

Attached: 20190320_145921.jpg (1440x1803, 1.29M)

Attached: 59929366_2719452511404284_7469426230618488832_o.jpg (1196x1194, 261K)

Attached: 59022915_10157208053349116_5320493241609486336_o.jpg (622x1280, 76K)

go back to your root notes. Shredding on bass ruins everyone's night.

>De.. gold hardware

>green pi arrived
>put it in the board
>can't even tell the difference between this and my old NYC muff

Looks cool and takes less space though. Wiring underneath is pretty clean, plus the patch cables (unintentionally) have this alternating pattern. Pretty pleased with the results.

Attached: DSC_0051.resized.jpg (1280x720, 324K)

It's a rip off a gibson but the headstock makes tuning stability even worse, while being extra big so it's more likely to hit something and break.

It doesn't have the infamous Gibson headstock angle though, so it's stronger than a Gibby.

Dean... finds a way

Attached: 4884745_orig.jpg (800x600, 187K)

Any headstock can be broken.

Earnest? Soulful? Good humored?

No.

Some headstocks break more often than others and dean is definitely up there

Attached: 3968641411_e8401e0e75_b.jpg (1024x768, 206K)

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

Why do gibson headstocks break in transit from the factory?

For every one Dean, there's 100 Gibbys

What is it with you and the gay?

lol the sidemarkings don't even match up to the fretboard.

If you want to play in a band/perform is it better to do that as early as you possibly can (as soon as you learn some basic shit well enough to play it in front of people) or should you wait a couple of years and really get your skills up before you do that?

Wow, you discovered the point of the picture!

Who made this hunk of shit?

Guy said it was a BC Rich

wow you replied to an obvious post.

Which country? A lot of those smaller brands are just outsourced to china, korea, and indonesia with 5 US custom shop gutiars sold a century and QC done stateside.

Aren't all posts obvious? I mean, you can see them all, and it's common knowledge that they are, in fact, posts.

IDK. I'd assume one of the cheap ones

Maybe if ou guys didn't throw your guitars around like a retarded faggot after every set, you wouldn't have this problem.

Attached: 1533327842011.png (862x855, 80K)

Fuck I didn't even notice the dots werent lined up, I just thought it was a dig at jcums strat with its filler glue or whatever

I have 250 bucks and I wanna buy an electric 'tar
What should i buy?

This is the definition of
>rent free

cheap hardtail asian gutiar

reverb.com/item/19765807-schecter-sgr-sunset-black-gloss

Gimme something similar to the progression Am C E

A#maj7 F Fsus4 A#maj7 C7sus2 F

Right?

Been sanding this for the past 3 hours. Life without power tools is pure pain

Attached: IMG_20190516_135857~01.jpg (2592x2592, 979K)

Whats grain are you using. 80 grit will tear through all that in less than an hour without an orbital sander

Affect is a mood, effect is the verb you are looking foor

Wow

youtube.com/watch?v=oy6VOvCQ7ts

100 grit hand sanding.
Will switch to 300 grit after the wood filler cures

Attached: IMG_20190516_145144~01.jpg (2592x2592, 1.29M)

Is the singer a homosexual?

Get some denatured alcohol apply to body to raise grain sand with 300 apply filler to the whole body then resand.

Zoomer pls how do you not know about jamiroquai? The shit they put out has been world class pop since 1993 and the dude actually sings. Bass players have all been fucking top of their class but Nick from Synchronized was some next level shit.

Attached: Jay-Kay-group_2305119k.jpg (858x536, 174K)

What purpose is the alcohol suppose to fulfill

Can you read?

My bad this is my first time doing any form of woodwork so there's some terminology I'm not aware of. I just assumed you missed some punctuation in that sentence.

I couldn’t decide on bass or guitar so in the end I just chose bass and hopefully don’t get bored.

What else do I need to buy? Just a stand and headphones if I wanna practice without bothering everyone?

I’m about to buy a player jazz bass, rumble lt25 amp and a cable.

why are you turdpolishing that basswood plank ?

Because it's wasteful to just throw it away. Also it's good experience tinkering with stuff like that

Check out spottieottiedopaliscious by outkast. Funky but kind of dark.

ah ok if it is for funsies then do a swirl with acrilics these turn amazing regardless of your skill level.

imgur.com/gallery/IrYFk1Z

Both links in the sticky that are for beginners are broken. Any suggestions for someone like me to go?

Are you suposed to ALWAYS adhere to alternate picking regardless of what kind of arpeggio it is and what the string distances are? For example:

e----3---------0--3-----
b--------0--------------0
G------------------------
D----------2-------------
A-3----------------------
E-------------------------

The way i'd pick this by intuition:
Down, Down, Up, Down, Down, Up, Down
Am i supposed to always alternate down and up no matter what?

What you do is called economy picking.

sexiest guitar of all time

It's what happens when mommy stratocaster takes thalidomide to deal with the morning sickness.

>they talk about me and stalk my discord 5 years later

Attached: IMG_20190327_234032.jpg (1289x1440, 640K)

swap out those cheap looking cables for a patch cable kit, that way you don't have to worry about the cables sticking out too much

New thread

Attached: 52038653_2295649597341657_1614782315603838596_n.jpg (608x608, 49K)

you like what i've done with the place senpai

Attached: 1528801476569.gif (307x230, 260K)

As soon as possible

macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/affect_1