New Weezer song leaked, sounds straight up like Blue

New Weezer song leaked, sounds straight up like Blue.
youtu.be/Y-RWv84QJcY

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-081610__01.jpg (1074x1076, 464K)

Cute!

Attached: 947F42D2-69A8-4157-A06C-F5260493AE8E.jpg (263x263, 33K)

Shameless self-bump.

meh

And yet, like Matt Damon in that SNL sketch, every time a new Weezer album comes round, there are people who want to convince themselves it's still brilliant. It won't be. It won't ever be again. Sorry. I look at the fresh-faced kid fronting Weezer in those early videos and I wonder what he thought, what he wanted to be. I doubt it was a middle-aged man posting online about his sexual jealousy of young men.

It's been awhile man life's so rad

They said at the beginning of the year that they have 2 more albums outside of Teal and Black comming so it's maybe the lead single of the third one

Black sucked, this is decent

They make a good album for every shit one.

White album was 10/10 though

6 at best

You mean 9.

weezer not only always sucked, but remains to the date, one of most revolting and banal expressions of the disease killing civilisation.

...yeh...

Attached: 043CFA12-3378-4CA5-82D4-E767DC8ABE78.jpg (400x400, 25K)

if you enjoy weezer, you have the soul of a rapist, regardless of whether you have actually raped someone, and you probably have

Deal with it neet

Attached: 044B24A2-1021-4880-866E-6F1DB322F26A.png (234x415, 218K)

Ah yes, truly the scourge of society in 2019 is Weezer

>hi my brain is so poisoned by Yea Forums and isolation that I get more satisfaction out of not enjoying something than I do enjoying it

I like that the production is crunchier but this is like 1/10 songwriting even for rivers.

>sounds straight up like Blue.

no it doesn't. its awful. terrible riff. vocals were reordered terribly.

>rhyming long with 'break of dawn'

oof.

Why are you so insecure in your satisfaction? people who are into weezer, starwars, marvel movies, and whatever sludge is being churned out by the corporate culture industry this week, they are not fine just enjoying things on their own, they feel actively threathened if someone else admits they are incapable of enjoying the fetish object, criticises it on the least or dares to suggest it can't be all that is cranked up to be. There is a latent sense of deep dread and horror underlying the shallows of the corporate culture of consumerism and conformity. You are perfectly aware life is banal and culture is a sewer, you are a piece of shit and you hate yourself but instead of facing this inextricable horror, and taking any meaningful steps towards greater understanding and self improvement you go:

hey maybe if i don't think about it it'll go away, if i close my eyes and just stay within the magic circle of the nostalgic pop culture the CIA consumer brainwash machine complex crammed down my throat when i was young and impressionable, ill just be a kid forever and only have to ''adult'' when its time to pay the bills, and never think about the fact you really be do living in a society

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 7.07.27 PM.png (698x383, 389K)

Have sex

Black Album was actually better than most of this, this sounds lazy, lazy melodies and shitty production.
Black album had actually really good melodies and pretty slick production.

It's certainly not a perfect album
First 2 were
White is above average
get over yourself

holy shit dood
have seggs

Attached: 563292345834603456932450.jpg (560x604, 51K)

Oh fuck this is actually good. Reminds me a lot of Maladroit/EWBAITE. Why does Rivers keep switching between guitar laden power pop and shitty electropop?

I like it. Its fun and just sounds like Weezer being Weezer.

Rivers recently has gotten into a phase where he likes guitars, again.
He is bipolar or some shit

Holy based

He's trying to see what sells. He's been focused on getting pop hits since critics initially trashed Pinkerton.

But after literally a fucking decade of shitty electropop (I Can't Stop Partyin'), how does he not know by now that most people don't care about Weezer unless they're longtime fans, and longtime fans clearly like the guitar stuff?

im thinking they're back (to the shack...again)
please stick to this sound it's what they do best

The Africa meme shit and fluke hits like Beverly Hills and Pork and Beans convinced him he's a pop star, he really wants to be on that top 40 level again and gets tastes of mainstream success here and there which makes him try hard to get another pop hit.

I am a zoomer, I am free of any sense of nostalgia in what pertains to Weezer and their music and hence I am qualified to act as an impartial observer of these crucial artifacts of the culture of your people(the yoomers), I can tell you I have listened to weezer's first to albums and they are mediocre at best.

His passion is the shitty pop. Going back to his roots is selling out to him.

Weezer is actually very good if listened to metaironically as an extended commentary on failure and the existential horror late capitalist suburban american life.

That album art is almost as bad as Hurley

Attached: 1534263549060.png (220x220, 94K)

This is killer desu

these lyrics just get worse and worse, what the fuck rivers
wonderful melodies on the chorus, green tier, but man, what the fuck.