How come literally the genre of shoegaze is literally a bunch of bands trying to copy the canon album for 30 years...

How come literally the genre of shoegaze is literally a bunch of bands trying to copy the canon album for 30 years? Do these fuckers have no creativity and original thoughts in their heads? Even electroswing has evolved as a genre.

Attached: ddd.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3o40NUZDjxE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ydyuci3_xQg
youtube.com/watch?v=o1FZjgggSFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's because you don't listen to enough music to find the bands that stray from the formula
youtube.com/watch?v=3o40NUZDjxE

>tries to school me
>posts the blandest shit ever, but hey WITH DETUNEY GUITARS ;)

There's a lot of bands that try to take the sound into new directions, but they usually don't get a lot of notice. Ceres and Calypso add a tropical feel, Pity Sex mix it with emo, Bowery Electric puts it with a trip hop sound, etc.

all good genres have one best band, otherwise known as "the one that doesnt suck"

imagine being this person

youtube.com/watch?v=Ydyuci3_xQg

holy shit this is crystal castles to a t. why rec this.

guys Yea Forums sure is a letdown as a whole.

>holy shit this is crystal castles to a t
that's why it's good

Attached: tumblr_mwnlrnvASk1qzrzbgo1_400.gif (400x250, 964K)

>Do these fuckers have no creativity and original thoughts in their heads?

The "cannon" album doesn't even have any of that

now thats some bait.

One of those genres where you don't have much space to be creative. If you change too much it's not shoegaze anymore. That's why the genre died as soon as it appeared.

shoegaze is just a microgenre but is pretty big/popular compared to other microgenres. it also doesnt take much skill/money to create it which is why it's oversaturated with pseuds and copycats. it's basically a tired tradition at this point "remember the 90s? i like my bloody valentine am i cool please tell me im cool". 90% of the shoegaze stuff recommended on this board isnt even worth listening to once. it was a nice thing during its heyday but has become very tiresome at this point

I just hate the bands like ride that are dream pop but everyone thinks is shoegaze

*Obliterates shoegaze faggots back into the stinking shitpile of a hole and commands that they never sully this plane again*

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 14K)

>this band isnt shoegaze it's some other adjacent genre
this is the most tiresome shoegaze-related conversation of all time. it doesnt fucking matter whether a band is dreampop or shoegaze or noisepop at the end of the day

>dream pop
This 'genre' should not exist. I see more and more of these so called dream pop bands popping up irl and they all sound the same and they all suck

You talking shit about dream pop bro? Bro, you talking shit about dream pop?

based

It's not though, dream pop is just playing everything through a bunch of reverb which sucks. Shoegaze is about making a huge distorted guitar sound.

again, this is a dumb conversation and idk why im even replying but if you think this is just "playing everything through a bunch of reverb" and not "huge distorted guitar sound" then you're just plain wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=o1FZjgggSFE