Is it based or reddit tier?

Is it based or reddit tier?

Attached: nine_inch_nails_downward_spiral.jpg (1431x1256, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n52uuKCbvg4
youtu.be/H_bPfNPkd2k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the two are synonymous

>based
>reddit tier
Go to bed kiddo

Brett gud but both the fragile and phm are better

Reddit tiered along with everything before 2008

With Teeth, Year Zero, Hesitation Marks, The Trilogy are also better
Damn, based

Attached: 0f11c7832e02f2bfc5f63304dd649334.jpg (402x500, 23K)

its actually a bit cringe in my opinion, story lines never work on rock music gonna have to file that one under reddit tier

He was trying to copy this...

youtu.be/n52uuKCbvg4

Maybe if it sounded anything like The Downward Spiral, yeah

>Brainiac
>1992-1997
Are you retarded?

based arrangements overall but the lyrics on some tracks are a bit cringe...i would place it somewhere in the middle

Downward Spiral
>1994

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-061742_Chrome.jpg (1040x595, 213K)

The song you posted was released in 1997.

Influence//rip off
It also doesn't connect to The Downward Spiral specifically, if only we could get a direct link to the interview.
The hyperlink to the interview on Wiki's article is busted.
Interview is from 2005, that is the only thing link reveals right now, which was around the release of With Teeth. He used the reference for that album, not Spiral. With Teeth still doesn't really sound like Braniac

Attached: 1555745027068.png (800x800, 626K)

The band, not the song, sorry

Attached: Trent Reznor Simulator.webm (480x360, 1.08M)

youtu.be/H_bPfNPkd2k

Much better song pick, reminds me quite heavily of the title track specifically
I should check them out

Yeah that was kind of a high historical point of sonic exploration

Yeah, I was shoehorning them into the convo cuz I've been reminiscing. They set the stage for me going all in on Downward Spiral.

Everyone who uses the terms based, cringe, redpilled/bluepilled, reddit or anything similar should be permanently banned. That would greatly improve the quality of the site.

cringe

I don't know but right now The Slip is my favorite

This is better

Attached: nine-inch-nails-the-fragile.jpg (1024x1024, 72K)

based

*slips your way* nah

Attached: 200px-The_slip.jpg (200x200, 12K)

The greatest album ever produced

retarded opinion, consider never listening to music again niggers

It's a good album. It gets unfairly slammed a lot because 1) it was fairly popular back in the day, 2) it's angsty, and 3) it helped to inspire a lot of much angstier, less good industrial rock from the likes of Marilyn Manson. Self-important autists act like they're above that sort of thing. The thing about angst is that something being angsty doesn't automatically put it on the same level of emotional depth as Naruto. Trent's angst is expressed more artfully than Manson's or any of the other NIN imitators. His despair and anger over the state of his life feel real.

Pic related is another instance of an album that's angsty in a good way. Sometimes unmitigated emotional expression can be compelling. Excessive maybe, but you never doubt the authenticity of the artist's emotions.

Attached: a0051474930_10.jpg (1200x1200, 367K)

trent reznor is extremely talented and to say otherwise is retarded. some of his music can sound dated and cheesy but he was a hugely influential figure in his time. hating NiN is just lazy and contrarian

That shit is dank as FUCK
Up there with the best industrial rock records of all time; the primary detractors are bitches who can’t handle its popularity or think it’s “problematic”
The Fragile and shit are good but they just aren’t as dense or emotionally raw

>story lines
Nigger what this ain’t the Wall
Each track is a definitive statement on its own that explores a dark corner of Trent’s psyche to a disturbing degree