Why do people call bands like Led Zeppelin and the Doors dadrock but seem to use the term less often when it comes to...

Why do people call bands like Led Zeppelin and the Doors dadrock but seem to use the term less often when it comes to these bands? They all made music in the same time period.

Attached: a.jpg (1066x355, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GjuxO17Iq7k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dadrock is anthemic boner jams from their youth. None of those albums apply

>being this new

Pet Sounds is too soft for dadrock
The Beatles are basically but they also are universally liked across generations and respected by both patricians and plebs
TVU aren't popular enough and are too art school, they have more in common with punk artists

Dadrock is the kind of music boomers would play at barbeques tailgaiting NFL games.

dadrock isn't about the time it's about the attitude,

here you have the first emo album and transcedent pop album, the first artsyfartsy nonconformist masterpiece, and the beatles maturing into the goats

Imagine at you're at some dad BBQ event and someone puts on The End by the Doors, or even Celebration of the Lizard.

>first emo album
lol

Because they were "pro faggot" unlike AC/DC who acted like men

Or Guns N Roses who came out damn near the 90s and were biggest in the 90s, but that's still "old" even though Nirvana isn't. Because Nirvana were fucking faggots.

Starting to see a pattern? Fuck gays,

Based homophobe

Lol, they'd only play Light My Fire or some shit.
It's either football boomer shit like that or music that Rolling Stone magazine orgasms over or the stereotypical boomer telling his kids about "real music" (which is why Floyd and The Doors get thrown in it)

Pretty sure Mike Love was homophobic user. Lennon also was but later came out as bi.

I'm imagining a BBQ party and someone puts on Eleanor Rigby

That one makes sense. I’d rather see them playing revolution 9.

Most of Led Zeppelin and the Doors aren't boner jams though. Songs like Communication Breakdown and Light My Fire aren't even sexual.

youtube.com/watch?v=GjuxO17Iq7k

Boner jam doesn’t necessarily mean sexual, but there’s an undeniable sexual energy in rock, especially Zeppelin and Doors.

>but there’s an undeniable sexual energy in rock, especially Zeppelin and Doors.
There isn't though.

Weak bait, user. The tight clothes, the moaning singing, the lyrics

it's ok to be gay

never seen a dad listen to the velvet underground

I always considered Dire Straits' debut album to be the most dad rock album out there.

I agree, I’m not the same guy raving about Guns n Roses owning the gays

But that's not in the music. Bands like the Beach Boys and the VU also have plenty of sex appeal, just for incels.

For me, Boston’s self titled is the quintessential dadrock album.

It’s completely different though. Lou Reed singing about ding dongs and leather boots is overtly and seriously sexual. Plant singing about his lemon or Morrison’s fire are the undertone of sex that are socially acceptable

Because no one procreated with Heroin or Run For Your Life playing in the background without dying in prison.

because TVU is too good for buzzwords, the other two are dadpop

I'll give you that the Lemon Song seems sexual, but Morrison's fire is just romantic, not sexual.

I’m sure plenty of boomers in the 70s got girls high to Rubber Soul and got laid

Love and sex are closely related. Maybe Touch Me is a better example

Not really, since Rubber Soul is incel as fuck. Almost all of the songs on that album are just "tfw thots" or sarcastic love songs.

>Most of Led Zeppelin and the Doors aren't boner jams though.
Zeppelin and the Doors are some of the better bands that are considered dadrock. The truly shitty dadrock is late 70s AOR and 80s hair/glam metal.

>Good dadrock = Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors
>OK dadrock = Rolling Stones, Queen, Dire Straits, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Guess Who
>Shit Dadrock = AC/DC, Journey and bands like them, Aerosmith, Steve Miller Band, hair metal

>Momrock = Fleetwood Mac, U2, Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Toto, Phil Collins

I've never known a dad or grandfather to remotely like or even play The Doors. All the old guys I've talked to either haven't heard of them or hate them because Jim Morrison "was such an ass". The Byrds are more dadrock imo.

My mom did love The Doors and says she had posters of him, despite being born in 65, but even she doesnt listen to them anymore.

the doors is more "far out" boomer uncle music, and of course girls like jim