MAY YOUR SUN BE BLOWN OUT JUST LI-I-I-IKE A CANDLE, AND MAY YOUR SEAS BU-U-URN LIKE TAAAAAR

>MAY YOUR SUN BE BLOWN OUT JUST LI-I-I-IKE A CANDLE, AND MAY YOUR SEAS BU-U-URN LIKE TAAAAAR
..cccCCCHAK
>MAY YOUR SKY BE ROLLED UP LI-I-IKE A SCROLL, MAY YOUR BLUE MOO-OO-OON DRI-I-IP WITH BLOOOOD
(eeeuuurrrghggggghhhh)

Please god, recommend me more music that has the sound or even just the feeling of this moment in the album.
I've listened to a lot of throat singing and similar chants but I specifically want more of this sprawling, psych-apocalyptic, eastern-inspired feel
I've listened to this part over and over and I'm gonna need something new that fits the bill

If you're unfamiliar, it's at 1:54 here:
youtube.com/watch?v=AY1sBXjl0s8

Attached: MrBungle-California.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T09G9Cdpgfw
youtube.com/watch?v=b_IFQltvCtY
youtube.com/watch?v=R6EFGuXEowk&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=YLulItixzUo
youtube.com/watch?v=7LRvHYrwsEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based and Bunglepilled

Thank you.

I remember the first time I heard None of Them Knew They Were Robots. I had never, and still have never heard anything like it. I had to replay it like 5 times just staring at my ceiling. It was surreal. To listen to California for the first time again would be absolutely incredible.

Also, I'd like to submit the "He who steals/ pearls from the ashes" parts of Ars Moriendi as another example of what I'm looking for. Lyrics that sound like they were written at the beginning of time or something

I feel like that every time I listen to California and even sometimes to Disco Volante. First album is not the same feeling but it’s my favorite

Vanity Fair and Backstrokin' are absolute orgasm tier and are 2 of my favorite songs of all time.

THIS OUR BOARD NOW!!!

I should be grateful that we have California to listen to but I can't help but feel like they broke up right as they were starting to make some of the most perfect, original music written by mankind so far

THERE'S... JUST... FIVE... HOURSSS... LEFT UNTIL YOU FIND ME DEAD
(oooOOOooohhh)

buh BAH BAH BAH

100% correct

you might dig this youtube.com/watch?v=T09G9Cdpgfw

SWEET CHARITY

Also, The Air-Conditioned Nightmare is absolutely perfect.

Ok well as a longtime Mr. Bungy (intentional) and Mike Patton fan like you there isn’t that tribal, guttural sound too much but I know what you mean. On Angel Dust there is deep, throaty Monk Chanting around 2:10 on “Smaller and Smaller” but not really the vibe or as intense. On “Reflection” by (I know, Tool sucks to a lot of /Mu but taking a chance) there is this very tribal moment around 5:50-6:05 where he says something about the moon being “his confidant”. For me personally it gives that same vibe but probably won’t for others, not saying in a pretentious way I just probably have a bad taste lol

i'm surprised that no anti-bungle fags have shown up yet
usually they shit on the threads right away

the Sober Day-esque chanting starts around 3:40 btw

Yeah, hopefully it stays that way.

I can try
>h-holds up spork

This song is the closest thing I've heard to that song

youtube.com/watch?v=b_IFQltvCtY

Bungle interpolated this actual chant for that part

youtube.com/watch?v=R6EFGuXEowk&t=1s

Haven’t seen any haters but that seems retarded for people to hate on Mr Bungle. (Biased and hypocritical, I am retarded) Honestly I think Mr. Bungle will just become “based” then more normalized and then sadly one of those things people who say “yup... I browse Yea Forums and listen to ‘weird’ music like Mr. Bungle” which isn’t bad but it’s just this idea people have that weird music is inherently good, and makes their taste special. Is it bad for them to get more fans? Definitely not. I just despise these Yea Forums people who are such cherrypicking tourists.

youtube.com/watch?v=YLulItixzUo

i dont think so

UNGEEWAAAAAAAAH

Bunglecore is gross

Seriously though, what fucking genre is Golem II

Carnival/novelty/electronica

Could try SOAD desu

youtube.com/watch?v=7LRvHYrwsEk

Consider the Source is the closest I've found. Middle eastern sci fi metal

I feel like it's closest to funk honestly

Mr. Bungle is one of the rare bands I love but Scaruffi doesn't.

Synth Funk?

its very funk. and sounds thick as fuck. the production in that album is just somethng else.

if chuck mosley was the singer for mr bungle scaruffi would like them a lot more

dont confuse matters (and im quoting myself even lol), the fact that its "funky" doesnt make it primordially funk. its something very undescribable but still cohesive as a whole.