Hot take

THIS is the most overrated album of all time. i won't deny what it did for music but if you look back and compare it to the beatles other albums, it's not even a contest. revolver, white, abbey road AND mystery tour are all better beatles albums. even albums that came out the same year are better. disrali gears, piper at the gates of dawn, are you expierenced, AND the doors' debut.

Attached: sgt_pepper_cover_promo_cropped_4jpg.jpg (1200x1112, 431K)

>revolver, white, abbey road AND mystery tour are all better beatles albums.
No, maybe, yeah, yeah.

not even the best Beatles album

>revolver, white, abbey road AND mystery tour
yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

B&RP

>disrali gears
no.
>piper at the gates of dawn
fun album . certainly is the more apex psychedelic album than pepper, but the writing on it doesn't compare. even the cool shit like interstellar overdrive and astronomy domine is just experimental rock built on riffs. most other stuff is syd's weirdly simple folkish tunes.
> are you expierenced
no
>doors' debut
only one that comes close.

sgt pepper > disraeli gears but the rest is true

I honestly think the white album is the most overrated beatles, it's bloated and I only like about a third of the songs.
Sgt. Pepper is a joy to listen to everytime.
Also the most overrated solo album is All Things Must Pass, I never really liked George's music.

I remember once we were in the studio with George Martin, and Ringo had taken three hours for a four-bar thing he was trying to fix on a song. He couldn’t get it. We said, “Mate, why don’t you get some lager and lime, some shepherd’s pie, and take an hour-and-a-half and relax a little bit.” So he did, and we called Ronnie Verrell, a jazz drummer. Ronnie came in for 15 minutes and tore it up. Ringo comes back and says, “George, can you play it back for me one more time?” So George did, and Ringo says, “That didn’t sound so bad.” And I said, “Yeah, motherfucker because it ain’t you.” Great guy, though.

this sounds like a beatles fanfiction written by a 19 year old.

also, if you think ringo is a shitty drummer, you're either mentally challenged or don't have ears.

Attached: 1552409427584.jpg (345x336, 214K)

>the only one that comes close is Jim Morrison wank poems
yikes

>the white album is the most overrated beatles
>Sgt. Pepper is a joy to listen to everytime
>the most overrated solo album is All Things Must Pass
>I never really liked George's music.
Impressive package of terrible opinions you have there

It's something Herbie Hancock said and then immediately took back.

he sounds like a fucking pussy

it was Quincy Jones actually

it´s a pretty damn good album. listen to the 2017 mix and it prob will click

Right about everything except that Revolver is actually the most overrated album of all time

sgt pepper and revolver are the only listenable beatles albums and they're much worse than basically anything you could throw a rock at in the 60s and beyond

Pet Sounds is as overrated as Peppers.

(not true, by the way)

(very true, by the way)

>tfw no 2016 50th anniversary revolver mix
feels bad man

>disraeli gears, the doors' debut are better
Are you high?
>piper at the gates of dawn, are you experienced are better
Oh never mind, you're not.
>Pet Sounds is as overrated as Peppers.
Agreed. Revolver and the Smile Sessions deserved the praise that both of those albums did not warrant at all.

>calling two albums overrated and then comparing them to two even more overrated albums
wdhmbt

Revolver is a sad case where the Beatles were clearly writing above the level of mono (TNK, She Said She Said) but the standard mixing practices hadn't caught up yet. TNK doesn't actually have a particularly good stereo mix, but it isn't as noticeable because TNK is more of a stereo song. On the other hand, songs like Eleanor Rigby sound like garbage because it doesn't have TNK's density to cover up the amateurish hardpanning.

>even albums that came out the same year are better. disrali gears, piper at the gates of dawn, are you expierenced, AND the doors' debut.
None of these are better than Pepper

>he enjoys listening to an album??
>what a lie!!
kys

>lie
he just called those opinions terrible. sorry you can't downvote him, plebbit

Enjoying something is terrible?

You should also kys

>even more overrated
Garbage opinion. Pet Sounds and Sgt. Pepper are ruined by shitty production and mediocre songwriting; Revolver and Smile Sessions has the opposite.

So if I enjoyed the idea of babies being murdered you would hold that up as perfectly fine and not terrible at all because your views are completely logically consistent, right?

>Pet Sounds and Sgt. Pepper are ruined by shitty production and mediocre songwriting;
Talk about garbage opinion!

Nice false equivalency

>Smile Sessions has the opposite.
It's not even a finished album. It's literally nothing

exactly lol
>the much better produced album
>literally got like half mastered and mixed virtually unedited 40 years after it was supposed to come out

having a pissing contest about which beatles and beach boys albums are over/underrated is the most reddit pleb shit you can do like they're all excessively famous despite being completely fine average albums

No, you're just an uneducated faggot. Go back to Yea Forums if you don't want to discuss music

>n-n-nice f-false eq-q-q-q-q-quivalency :'(

Correct. Now make a better argument,.

He's also right: ATMP is pretty bloated. and half of it is filler just because he wanted to get a bunch of half-assed songs that Lennon and McCartney rejected out into the public

>uneducated
>for not arguing about the two most well-known bands of all time
i think i know which one of us should go back and where, and i'll give you a hint - it isn't me, and it isn't Yea Forums

Oh do you know music theory?

can u queers stop arguing over sgt peppers people have been doing it for like literally 45 years now

Then why stop now?

t. high school orchestra student who gets to stay up now that he's on summer break

>summer break
>in may
Nice damage control